• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

pariah164

Ended up at rank 25768. 4 Loveca and a second Rebecca. No complaints here! Oh hey, let's idolize her.

pgRwsKI.jpg
Love it. Seriously, that card is great.

Speaking of normals, lets do that 10 draw with the FP I earned.

Bah. Mostly junk, but there's a couple of good things here. Dat Maki. And also, hey there Jennifer. I got the same Jennifer from an earlier draw. Time to idolize, right?

Hm... the normal is so cute... Do I really want to idolize it? Eh, why not?

... Wow. Did not expect that.

Aaaanyway, let's do a couple of 5 Loveca draws, because why not?

Hm. That Maki looks familiar... Oh, hey, I can idolize the one I got in the 10 draw.

Cute! I approve. And the second draw?

SR! Aaand it's Maki again. :T Guess it's better than Honkers, but dammit, I still need that Smile Hanayo...

Aaand that's it for post-event draw madness. Time to tackle Start Dash, finally.

SR! Aaand it's Maki again. :T Guess it's better than Honkers, but dammit, I still need that Smile Hanayo...

I only get rares from my Solo pulls ;_;

BTW, Why does it look like you're taking pictures of your phone with another camera? Can't you just make a screenshot?

fek

Mimorin's movie countdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f8iQeOgQjY

Feels bad but I messed up on the grinding so I gave up on T2 for Maki event last night

Ended up comfortably in the top 800 for Umi. I only used 23 loveca too which is good compared to the last Umi event where I used 49 loveca
What rank did you get last time?

This one Honk-chan I got looks great idolized. Maybe one day...
Never paid attention but unidolized looks very cute too

m0t0k1

ed.

Bah. Mostly junk, but there's a couple of good things here. Dat Maki. And also, hey there Jennifer. I got the same Jennifer from an earlier draw. Time to idolize, right?

Hm... the normal is so cute... Do I really want to idolize it? Eh, why not?

... Wow. Did not expect that.

No you do not want to idolize Jennifer she is best normie and best in her normal outfit ;_;

Also decided to do a ticket draw since i got one out of the event.........

I dunno what i expected i always get the bare minimum. But every time i draw i get hope i get something better.

So much butthurt. I finished like 30 points out of T2 for the event. I held true to my no more Loveca dropping, but now all that progress is for naught. Fack.

Oh well. Guess I should have just over shot predicted cutoffs instead of trying to match them.

m0t0k1

So much butthurt. I finished like 30 points out of T2 for the event. I held true to my no more Loveca dropping, but now all that progress is for naught. Fack.

Oh well. Guess I should have just over shot predicted cutoffs instead of trying to match them.

I would probably so pissed that i would de install the game for a while. Hope you get your T2 next time fighto!

Mokoi

Banned
https://33.media.tumblr.com/2686f3ff6294507ad2eb36c1796346d9/tumblr_nif0ymeGe21tgisego1_500.gif
BGBW
What a waste of sweet nectar. Just do the sign of the holy ghost or something. Don't waste.

Loving all these free gems. Got 26 saved up for nozo event so far.

Marche90

Happened to me the last even with a Hanayo SR and I agree that it's one of the worse feelings you can have (I swear I was kind of depressed that morning :lol). It's the reason why I went overkill and burned more than 20 loveca easily to get 60k points during this event.

PK Gaming

So, 1 year later, have you changed your impressions on any of the girls? Your favorite girls changed or you started liking a girl that you didn't like much at first?

Sure, why not. LL impressions coming right up!

Honoka

Not gonna lie, I really wasn't feeling Honkers at first. I took one look at her and went "Nah." I changed my tune pretty quick after getting into the anime though! I've gone at length on why this character is amazing, but suffice it to say, her character arc in the anime is legit compelling, she's super entertaining, and her voice is to die for. She's the lovable, charismatic heart of Muse.

Even now, after reading through countless doujins and getting caught up with the various side material, my feelings towards her hasn't changed one bit ♪

Umi

No 2 ways about it, I ♥ Umi. I guess I just have a soft spot for characters that stick by their best friends through thick and thin (Umi had that in spades.) I liked how she was a constant pillar of support in the anime, but also a near endless source of comic relief. She was the goddess of facial expressions.

My feelings towards her haven't really changed, but I now know (and appreciate) how she's super lesbians for her friends, and a bit of a pervert.

Kotori

Ahhhhh, it's hard to write about Kotori. She's kind of just... there, you know? Her indecisiveness and lack of confidence are compelling character traits but... there are parts of her character that don't really jive with me. I wasn't a fan of "Minalinsky" (why even bother hiding it from your friends?!) I think I actually prefer her non-anime incarnations, because even though she's possibly even more vanilla outside of the anime, at least she's got more confidence in herself (and she's more of a fashion otaku). Don't get me wrong, I like Kotori and I think she's mad adorbs, but she's definitely on the lower end of the cast for me.

My thoughts on her haven't really changed since watching the anime... maybe if I read her School Idol Diary?

Maki

I went into the anime thinking i'd seriously dislike her (I don't really like her type) but that sentiment didn't last very long; Maki was damn great. The smart, aloof and cool beauty who slowly warms up to the group isn't usually anything to write home about, but the execution on her was top notch. Like, this girl is 2cool4school, but she's also the biggest dork ever. I also like for how seemingly fortunate she is, it's pretty obvious she's got a lot of emotional baggage to deal with. Her School Idol Diary goes into more detail, and it's very good read (the chapter where she goes postal on her dad gave me chills). Oh, and who doesn't love the fact that she's thirsting for her senpai. Seriously, her lips are practically parched.

My current opinion of Maki has only improved after getting invested in Love Live!; like I said, her School Idol Diary Novel is really good, and if you're even remotely interested in her character, you owe it yourself to check it out. Do yourself a solid!

Hanayo

Rice goddess is seriously adorable. I can't get enough of her squeaky voice, her obsession with idols and her hilarious fetish for all things rice. But on a more serious note, her lack of self-esteem and insecurity about her weight really sets her apart from the rest Muse. I'm really fond of the episodes of the anime that center around her. Shoutouts chapter 6 of SIF, which has a legitimately good message about crash dieting and a heartfelt ending.

I actually wasn't too big on Hanayo at first, but I've grown to like her the more I reflect on the anime. I never really got tired of her rice jokes.

Rin

Part cat, super genki and a really good friend. She's the moodmaker of the group, and very, very cute. She doesn't usually shine on her own (barring that episode on S2 that centered around her, which was baller) but she's a really great supporting character. Hell, I even liked before she joined Muse. I'm hit and miss on her backstory in the anime. Her past trauma about being shamed for trying to wear feminine clothing sounds good on paper, but shuffles through it rather quickly (too quickly for it to really have an effect on me.) I get that the Love Live! anime moved at an incredibly brisk pace, so I can't really fault them for how it was presented but... ah it really could have been better! That aside, Rin was just solid. She's kind of like a condiment that instantly makes any meal better.

In regards to how I feel about her post anime, I've always liked her, but I became a huge fan of her after listening to the audio dramas. Shoutouts to her extremely bizarre (yet amazing) relationship with Nozomi. Also, her nyaa's are the greatest, the end.

Nozomi

Nozomi was probably the first Love Live character I really liked. Her eccentric-yet-serene personality coupled with that tarot theme made her extremely appealing. One minute she's doling out helpful life advice and getting Maki to break out of her shell, and the next minute she's screaming about IDOL DAKIMURA'S. That's the kind of character she is. Err, maybe. See, her characterization is wildly different depending on the adaptation, but I actually really like that. Her audio drama self in particular is absolutely hilarious. Like, i'm pretty sure she's actually insane, but in the best way possible.

I've only grown to like her more since finishing the anime; NozoEli is still a top tier pairing and legit one of the main reasons why I started the anime and it's pretty clear that she's a fun character to write around.

Eli

She's pretty much got it all: looks, smarts, charisma, Nozomi but she manages to avoid being grating in the least bit, which is quite a feat. I liked her as the well-intentioned, but obviously biased Student Council President with a bitter backstory, and I also liked her as the leader-but-not-really reasonable figure of Muse. Eli's just an all-around good character, though to be honest, she doesn't wow me as much as the other girls. I do like how she's the only character who consistently manages to keep a cool head no matter what the situation (and I mean it! She rarely loses her head, which is notable in a cast full of goofballs)

As for how I feel about her now... she was originally one of my lesser liked characters, but she ranked up after I got got through more of the Love Live! adaptations. She's honestly a pretty cool character; every group ensemble needs an Eli!

Labrys

Okedoke, small issue. So, last week, my phone completely died. Luckily I have my love live revival code backed up. The issue is, my new phone is an Android, and I had Loveca on my iphone account. Is there some way to like manually get rid of the loveca and then transfer my account to my new phone?

Marche90

Okedoke, small issue. So, last week, my phone completely died. Luckily I have my love live revival code backed up. The issue is, my new phone is an Android, and I had Loveca on my iphone account. Is there some way to like manually get rid of the loveca and then transfer my account to my new phone?

Frankly, I would borrow an iPhone to get rid of 'em. I don't think there's an easy method to use them without a device, short of contacting KLab Support.

Labrys

Frankly, I would borrow an iPhone to get rid of 'em. I don't think there's an easy method to use them without a device, short of contacting KLab Support.

Gah, okay, I guess that'd be the easiest. I need to figure out which of my friends have iphones now.

Marche90

Wow, semi-bad draws everywhere.
Guess I'll wait until I get 100 loveca to do a 22-pull
and you guys will see me fall into a terrible despair when those pulls yields nothing but trash :lol

Gah, okay, I guess that'd be the easiest. I need to figure out which of my friends have iphones now.

I guess iPads and iPod touch would work as well seeing how they run iOS too, so if you have a friend or a family member with an iPad that will make things easier.

I'll be up around 100 Loveca by the end of next event, but I'm still wondering if I should hold off for the voucher things whenever those are supposed to come out for EN.

Labrys

work as well seeing how they run iOS too, so if you have a friend or a family member with an iPad that will make things easier.

Oh, true! I think my aunt has an ipad actually, I'll have to ask to borrow it.
I'd just start over to make it easier but I actually have an idolized SR on there and I'd like to keep it.

fek

http://gamebiz.jp/?p=143905

Some long-ass article about KLab's quarterly results, with a section in there about SIF's performance. If anyone is willing to translate or at least extract the key points, it would be much appreciated.
Just a quick summary on the SIF part:
They are estimating revenue decrease of about 20% in the second quarter, as a counter measure there are going to be promotions linked with the movie, real events, online broadcasts and collaboration events.
President Sanada explains that while with the holiday's promotions they acquired new light users, the loyal users have been spending less money as they grow tired of the current content after the end of the second season of the anime. They keep playing but don't have anything new to spend money on.
The game has many fans and loyal users, so they are expecting to recover with the addition of songs and story events from the movie, though they aren't sure if it's going to be as successful as the 2nd season of the anime.
Someone asked about Sunshine and he couldn't give a clear answer but says there will be an effort to add related content.

Articalys

Just a quick summary on the SIF part:
They are estimating revenue decrease of about 20% in the second quarter, as a counter measure there are going to be promotions linked with the movie, real events, online broadcasts and collaboration events.
President Sanada explains that while with the holiday's promotions they acquired new light users, the loyal users have been spending less money as they grow tired of the current content after the end of the second season of the anime. They keep playing but don't have anything new to spend money on.
The game has many fans and loyal users, so they are expecting to recover with the addition of songs and story events from the movie, though they aren't sure if it's going to be as successful as the 2nd season of the anime.
Someone asked about Sunshine and he couldn't give a clear answer but says there will be an effort to add related content.
Neat, thanks. So ever since the anime ended there's been a gradual slide in money as people realize just how repetitive the game is in its current structure.

pariah164

I got 3000+ Friend Points, so I decided to draw 30 cards. Most of the draws were fodder, but some good came from them; I did manage to get about 3 cards to their max level. And also these:

They're all so cute. *A*

Anony

i got 50 love gems

wondering if i should do 50+1

i dont want to get sad again
i also dont want rice (worse love live)

CoinArt

i got 50 love gems

wondering if i should do 50+1

i dont want to get sad again
i also dont want rice (worse love live)

I'm in a similar position and have similar opinions on rice. At this point I think I'm going to hold out until support tickets. Maybe I'll have 100 and double pull for Nico or Maki.

CoinArt

Yes, upon review I shall see how many love gems I can accrue by mid August and pull for China dress Nico. I shall bathe in my own despair.

Top Bottom