• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

PK Gaming

Why is NicoMaki actually a thing. Is it because people like to ship best girl with worst girl?

It's because, no matter what the adaptation, they always have an almost supernatural amount of chemistry with each other:

tumblr_n26rrg7di21r0wlweo1_500.gif

inV31EX.png

0Q0cpj7.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0n0nqxU5G1qjn9tl.jpg

Jintor

if one tsundere into some lame-brain pathetic male MC is god tier

TWO TSUNDERES INTO ONE ANOTHER ARE OMEGA GODDESS TIER

obvs

Himemiya

I only just saw the new UR pair (NicoxHonoka). all I can say is...interesting?
Might sound strange coming from me, but not everything is a shoe-horned romantic pairing. Every idolized SR is wearing the same outfit, they're all performing some sort of scene together, and the URs then just elaborate on two they haven't featured together before. If all cards had UR-esque backgrounds you could stitch them into something busy, but coherent.
if one tsundere into some lame-brain pathetic male MC is god tier
No. Ew.

GoXDS

Might sound strange coming from me, but not everything is a shoe-horned romantic pairing. Every idolized SR is wearing the same outfit, they're all performing some sort of scene together, and the URs then just elaborate on two they haven't featured together before. If all cards had UR-esque backgrounds you could stitch them into something busy, but coherent.

No. Ew.

oh by pair, I just mean the UR artwork/clothing and not the pairing itself. I guess the theme in general this time around

fek

I don't like it very much. I was saving 150 loveca for a new Nico UR but ended up not rolling. The fact that the unidolized SRs from this set look very plain didn't help too

GoXDS

I don't like it very much. I was saving 150 loveca for a new Nico UR but ended up not rolling. The fact that the unidolized SRs from this set look very plain didn't help too

sorta feels like they're running out of ideas (as people have mentioned in this OT already). and we're only "halfway" done. can this game last another 2-3 years?

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is First Event Nightmare?! (初イベントは大変!?, Hatsu Event wa Taihen!? ).

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Mascot" tokens.
Mascot.png

This is the second of the collaboration events with the "Love Live School idol diary" series from Kadokawa.
As you gain event points you will unlock a chapter from a popular scenario - this time featuring Honoka.

The event will start on Tuesday, 20th May at 9:00 AM UTC and end on Friday, 29th May at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Smile Super Rare Card, Kousaka Honoka (Hiking Ver.) [Super Rare #324]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 4660, Pure: 3840, Cool: 3580
Appeal: Let's Take It Slowly! - For every 28 notes, there is a 38% chance of increasing player's score by 375. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Smile Heart - Increases Smile points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Cool Card, Kizaki Akira [Normal #323]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 4
Smile: 870, Pure: 580, Cool: 1690
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

The event song is "Someday of my life".
This song is track 2 from the duo single, Mermaid festa vol.2 ~Passionate~, sung by Kousaka Honoka and Hoshizora Rin. It is sung by Kousaka Honoka. It was released on April 25, 2012. The song is also included in μ's Best Album Best Live! Collection.

Here is the note distribution for the song:
Lk4OiDP.png

From Tuesday, 26th May, 12:00 AM UTC, until the end of the event, the following specials will be run.

4x version of the event song, it costs 4x the tokens but you get 4x the points (Easy - 60, Normal - 120, Hard - 180).
Expert Event song, a higher difficulty version of the event song which costs 75 tokens.
Randomised Notes Expert Event song, the same as the Expert Event song as above, except the notes are randomised!
None of these above versions count towards the Event Song Ranking.

Extra Bonus G - There will also be extra bonus G from select songs. 150% for Normal and 200% for Hard. Eligible songs change daily.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Tuesday, 20th May at 9:00 AM UTC.
t1432112400z0.png

The next event for the Japanese Version is "Score Match Round 18".

The event will start on Wednesday, 20th May at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Sunday, 31st May at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

The main reward for this event is a Super Rare Card, Koizumi Hanayo (Detective Ver.).
The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

At the start of the event there will be 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages in the pool to start with.

From 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Saturday, 23rd May to 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Tuesday, 26th May, the Score Match stages will be swapped out with different ones (the number of stages per rank will remain the same, 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages).
From Tuesday, 26th May at 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] until the end of the event, the Score Match stages from the beginning of the event will be added to the pool again, for a total of 16 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 10 EXPERT stages, and 12 TECHNICAL stages

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Wednesday, 20th May at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].
t1432105200z0.png

Credits to the EN LLSIF Wiki for some info and images.

Articalys

You thought Love Live already had collaboration events with all possible businesses

But had you considered a domain name registration site

http://news.lovelive-anime.jp/app-def/S-102/news/?p=8525
http://www.onamae.com/campaign/lovelive/

To celebrate 10 million domain names registered (and help promote the LL movie), onamae.com is having a limited promotion with Love Live through mid-August.

(take note while clicking links; the collab illustrations are slightly risque)

1) Anyone can visit the site and get a free desktop/mobile wallpaper.
2) Register a domain name and get a clear file for the idol of your choice (multiple domains = multiple clear files). Rent a server at the same time and get a bonus clear file with all nine of them.
3) Register a domain name, rent a server, and pay for a whole year up-front, and you also get a B2 tapestry with all nine idols.
4) Finally, everyone who got a tapestry goes into a raffle to win one of ten Bluetooth keyboards with the collab illustration printed onto it.

(incidentally, one domain name for a year is about $7.50, and a server is about $100)

PK Gaming

So... how do you feel about KLab's homophobic censorship?

That change is so bizarre. It doesn't make a lick of sense in any context. Who exactly would they be offending by translating it properly? And there's more! Nozomi supposedly gets the brunt of it.

Nozomi: What are my likes? Looking at cute girls (Classic Nozomi) & You don't want to? If you don't then it'll just be me and Elicchi, the two of us all lovey-dovey heading home
are changed to:
What are my likes? Looking at cute things & You don't want to? Fine, then Eli and I will go as a pair.

ElKx5AF.gif

GoXDS

they can't contain Nozomi's spiritual POWA otherwise ;D
then again in the Side Stories, I cannot tell whether we (the player) are suppose to be female (since this is supposed to be an all-girls school) or male (forgot which ones but I recall some of them imply or state so)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So... how do you feel about KLab's homophobic censorship?

That change is so bizarre. It doesn't make a lick of sense in any context. Who exactly would they be offending by translating it properly? And there's more! Nozomi supposedly gets the brunt of it.

are changed to:
http://i.imgur.com/ElKx5AF.gif

Did they actually change those lines after the fact, or were they changed already in the initial translation?

The Eli-focused story that we're getting in a few events is blatantly yuri, so there's nothing they can do to cover it up if that's what they're doing.

Also, what are they going to do with glee? Maybe that's why it's never coming out. :p

PK Gaming

Did they actually change those lines after the fact, or were they changed already in the initial translation?

Pretty sure it's the latter

The Eli-focused story that we're getting in a few events is blatantly yuri, so there's nothing they can do to cover it up if that's what they're doing.

Lord have mercy.

Eli: Nozomi gave me a big bear for Valentine's Day. Isn't she the best friend a girl could ask for?
Nozomi: Eli's my best friend so I gave her a best friend bear. What do you think?

fek

You thought Love Live already had collaboration events with all possible businesses

But had you considered a domain name registration site

http://news.lovelive-anime.jp/app-def/S-102/news/?p=8525
http://www.onamae.com/campaign/lovelive/

To celebrate 10 million domain names registered (and help promote the LL movie), onamae.com is having a limited promotion with Love Live through mid-August.

(take note while clicking links; the collab illustrations are slightly risque)

1) Anyone can visit the site and get a free desktop/mobile wallpaper.
2) Register a domain name and get a clear file for the idol of your choice (multiple domains = multiple clear files). Rent a server at the same time and get a bonus clear file with all nine of them.
3) Register a domain name, rent a server, and pay for a whole year up-front, and you also get a B2 tapestry with all nine idols.
4) Finally, everyone who got a tapestry goes into a raffle to win one of ten Bluetooth keyboards with the collab illustration printed onto it.

(incidentally, one domain name for a year is about $7.50, and a server is about $100)
That's really good, using it as wallpaper now

Marche90

then again in the Side Stories, I cannot tell whether we (the player) are suppose to be female (since this is supposed to be an all-girls school) or male (forgot which ones but I recall some of them imply or state so)

THIS, SO MUCH.

I have no idea, but I'm running with it as a male for the time being as there is no indicación which one is supposed to be (though only because me, the player, is male in this case)

As for censorship, it's a shame it got hit with it.

Hachitora

Hm, didn't think this game would be censored like that :( Quite a shame actually, as a lot of the yuri stuff they tease is quite funny/cute, imo. Oh well, we know what they really mean :p

Ugh token event. Not sure if I'll try it or not. One one hand, probably will be pretty fun. On the other hand, Honkers.

I think the event will be a bloodbath. Everyone should be flush with a bunch of free Loveca and all the new daily songs will make grinding ever so slightly less annoying.

Marche90

I think the event will be a bloodbath. Everyone should be flush with a bunch of free Loveca and all the new daily songs will make grinding ever so slightly less annoying.

Even so, I wouldn't be so sure. Thanks to the last days, everyone should have gotten around 50 loveca at least, and I'm sure a good chunk of players did 11-pulls thanks to this. Case in point: I haven't used a single loveca, yet I am comfortably sitting in at place 2.2k right now (though I had a boost from getting a level up, have to admit).

Crescent-

Just realized EN event is only till 29th... That's weird

EN KLab is known to not work on weekends, and the 30th and 31st of this month are saturday and sunday so they either end the event on the 29th or the 1st of June, which isn't possible since it's already a new month.

pariah164

So, with 3000 FP, it was time for another mass draw. Once again, lots of fodder, but again, some treasures were had.

I forgot the before card, but the after card is both pretty and amusing. Seriously, dat face. Poor girl.

The idolized card remind me of Himitsu Keisatsu/Secret Police. I like this better than the first idolization I got of this girl.

Coco's cards are always adorable, but I think this one is my favorite of hers. Idolized or no, it's super cute.

Another character whose cards are usually pretty cute is Himeno. Is she wearing Doc Martens in the idolized version? If so, that is incredibly awesome. I love mixing up styles when I design costumes for my characters, so I appreciate this.

Hmm, Ryo? Well, I never managed to idolize her before. I wonder how it's going to look...

Oh. Ohhh. Oh my. Um. Wow. This is... amazing. I-I think I have a new favorite. Hooo boy. I love this.

I'll be in my bunk.

Aaand that's it for another edition pf Pari's FP Draws: Too Cheap for Loveca.

Labrys

Does anyone else have a Galaxy S3 and has issues with the timing on songs? I've done the timing adjust like 10 times and it still doesn't work, it puts me in the 38-45 range each time and i've even tried at 0 and 5 and it still doesn't work properly. It didn't do this when I was on iPhone so I'm not sure if it's just something with android.

Top Bottom