• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

If my calculations based on past trends are correct, Qurex should be posting within the next hour or so with the usual copypaste job from the wiki for the upcoming 9th Score Match English event, and then again tomorrow around this same time for whatever the next JP event is.

Personally, I'm just happy that CUTIE PANTHER WATASHI is coming back in the rotation for the score match songs, since I'm still a ways away from having it unlocked for normal play.

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is "Ninth Round SCORE MATCH".
L95fhFG.png
This event will start on Thursday, 4th June 9:00 AM UTC and end on Monday, 15th June at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Smile Super Rare Card, Hoshizora Rin (Rainy Season Ver.) [Super Rare #332]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
SMILE: 4680, COOL, 3590, PURE: 3810
Appeal: A Big Puddle - For every 17 hit combo string, there is a 27% chance of increasing player's score by 385 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Smile Heart - Increases Smile points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Pure card, Kurobane Sakura [Normal #331] . Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 3
SMILE: 420, PURE: 2190, COOL: 930
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

It is assumed that the songs available will be the same as it was for the Japanese version.

The First Set of songs will be available from Thursday, 4th June 9:00 AM UTC to Sunday, 7th June 7:59 AM UTC.

Selection 1
Easy/Normal/Hard - First Set
  • SMILE - Cutie Panther
  • SMILE - Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki
  • SMILE - Natsu, Owaranaide.
  • PURE - Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru
  • PURE - Kimi no Kuse ni!
  • COOL - Wonderful Rush
  • COOL - WILD STARS
  • COOL - LONELIEST BABY
Expert - First Set
  • SMILE - Cutie Panther
  • SMILE - Natsu, Owaranaide.
  • PURE - Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru
  • COOL - Wonderful Rush
  • COOL - WILD STARS
The Second Set of songs will be available from Sunday, 7th June 8:00 AM UTC to Thursday, 11th June 7:59 AM UTC.

Selection 2
Easy/Normal/Hard - Second Set

• SMILE - Oh,Love&Peace!
  • SMILE - Kore kara no Someday
  • SMILE - Love marginal
  • PURE - sweet&sweet holiday
  • PURE - Pure girls project
  • PURE - Donna Toki mo Zutto
  • COOL - Paradise Live
  • COOL - A・No・Ne・Ga・N・Ba・Re!
Expert - Second Set
  • SMILE - Oh,Love&Peace!
  • SMILE - Kore kara no Someday
  • PURE - sweet&sweet holiday
  • PURE - Pure girls project
  • COOL - Paradise Live
The Final Selection of songs will contain both the First and Second Sets of songs.
This will run from Thursday, 11th June 8:00 AM UTC to Monday, 15th June 8:00 AM UTC.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Thursday, 4th June 9:00 AM.
t1433408400z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the pics and info.

Articalys

Okay, so more like three hours than one, whatever.

In other news
fuck you and especially the second half of your chorus, and
...well, this one wasn't too bad actually. Among the easier EX songs, surely, but a full combo is still a full combo, especially at the much faster EX note speeds. Reminds me of how the Expert difficulty in Ouendan was the same note patterns as Hard, only mirrored, with slightly smaller targets, and about a fraction of the time to react to each note.

GoXDS

Okay, so more like three hours than one, whatever.

In other news

fuck you and especially the second half of your chorus, and

...well, this one wasn't too bad actually. Among the easier EX songs, surely, but a full combo is still a full combo, especially at the much faster EX note speeds. Reminds me of how the Expert difficulty in Ouendan was the same note patterns as Hard, only mirrored, with slightly smaller targets, and about a fraction of the time to react to each note.

Lol congratz on the Soldier Game Hard S Combo. those 2 tricky string of notes are a giant pain, huh? ;D
gl with EX though...

Hachitora

Caught a cat (small version of the screenshot because I'm lazy/sleep-deprived). I was rank 13 at one point, lol. Saving that for the history books.
tumblr_npf8spdU0S1tqw3j4o2_250.jpg

elhaym

Why would anybody actually want whatever that terrifying alpaca thing is

I don't even know. It's a pass case, so for IC card for train passes, vending machines, arcade games, etc. -I- can't see myself ever needing something like that, because I have a freaking wallet that's not hard to get to. I guess if you're an absolutely stereotypical Japanese (read: anime) person that likes to have things hanging off a messenger bag, it could be useful?

Hachitora

What the shit

How much money does it take to brute-force 25,000 EP in six hours? And why?
Lol, I think I spent around 17 gems :p Still have 58 gems to use, though I doubt I'll use too many more. Just enough to keep me in tier 1 while I'm on vacation in Canadia. These were all gems I got from song rewards and stuff, I didn't buy them.
Why you ask? Because dedication to my favorite idol, of course!
You've outdone even me with this screenshot size.
Lol, I didn't wanna screw around with size stuff, so I just used the thumbnail size of the tumblr post I did with that pic.

Articalys

Lol, I think I spent around 17 gems :p Still have 58 gems to use, though I doubt I'll use too many more. Just enough to keep me in tier 1 while I'm on vacation in Canadia. These were all gems I got from song rewards and stuff, I didn't buy them.
Why you ask? Because dedication to my favorite idol, of course!

Lol, I didn't wanna screw around with size stuff, so I just used the thumbnail size of the tumblr post I did with that pic.
What's your max LP? Were you able to consistently S-rank everything on EX?

Messiah

Caught a cat (small version of the screenshot because I'm lazy/sleep-deprived). I was rank 13 at one point, lol. Saving that for the history books.
tumblr_npf8spdU0S1tqw3j4o2_250.jpg

Congrats!

I am almost back at 50 Loveca. Time to decide if I want to go for a pull or wait for the ticket system.

Also congrats on the UR Himemiya.

elhaym

LOVE LIVE! CONCERT FILM SCREENING: μ's→NEXT LOVELIVE! 2014~ENDLESS PARADE~ TO BE HELD AT ANIME EXPO IN LOS ANGELES!

Love Live! concert film will be held at Anime Expo in the US in July!

This is the concert film screening of the concert held on February 9, 2014 in Japan*.

This concert was the 4th solo performance by μ's (pronounced as “Muse”) members.

This screening includes the popular songs of nine μ's members but also the music from units Printemps, BiBi, and lily white! These are performances you cannot miss!

Date: Saturday, July 4th
Room: Video 1 in the JW Marriott
Seating: 5PM – 6PM
Screening: 6PM – 9PM

For ticket information, please visit Anime Expo's official website.
There are special free giveaways for those who join the screening.
Love Live! Japanese Fan
μ's Illustration Cards (set of 9)
Glow Sticks

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/worldwide/news.php#1675

For teh lulz:
*Video for this concert screening is from a Blu-ray product “LoveLive! μ's→NEXT LoveLive! 2014~ENDLESS PARADE~ 0209” released on July 23, 2014 and edited some contents for screening purpose.

edit:
For anyone going to AX and interested in this, apparently the ticket site is already up. $15 + $3 fee, not counting the AX badge itself.

fek

LOVE LIVE! CONCERT FILM SCREENING: μ's→NEXT LOVELIVE! 2014~ENDLESS PARADE~ TO BE HELD AT ANIME EXPO IN LOS ANGELES!
That's actually impressive
Maybe a chance for the 6th to be streamed live next year, or at least relatively soon considering the time zones wouldn't be very nice for a live stream

Articalys

My max LP is 86, and yup, I S-ranked on EX. Though I wasn't always first :(
If, as you say, you used about 17 LS, then you were playing (almost) nonstop from the moment the event started, only waiting occasionally for LP refills to get one more "free" song instead of burning through LS each time you dipped below 25 LP?

I'm just trying to understand the psychology/method of the 1%ers here.

If, as you say, you used about 17 LS, then you were playing (almost) nonstop from the moment the event started, only waiting occasionally for LP refills to get one more "free" song instead of burning through LS each time you dipped below 25 LP?

I'm just trying to understand the psychology/method of the 1%ers here.
You would use that much to hi tier 2 anyways, why not use it all at the start and get the event card right away? (I guess that could be the reasoning?)

Hachitora

If, as you say, you used about 17 LS, then you were playing (almost) nonstop from the moment the event started, only waiting occasionally for LP refills to get one more "free" song instead of burning through LS each time you dipped below 25 LP?.
I didn't even wait for the LP to get to 25, I just kept refilling my LP. I'd end up with 11 LP, and I wasn't gonna play a normal song since it'd just be a waste of time. I'd use the same amount of gems anyway to get tier 1, the only reason I started playing nonstop from the beginning is just because I wanted to get the card ASAP, since it's my favorite idol :p

Articalys

You probably actually used around 20-25 LS then. Was just trying to make the calculations match up with how it was possible to get 25000 EP in just over four hours.

What are you going on vacation for?

Hachitora

You probably actually used around 20-25 LS then. Was just trying to make the calculations match up with how it was possible to get 25000 EP in just over four hours.

What are you going on vacation for?

Ah yeah, now that I think about it, I did get a few LGs from event rewards, so 20-25 sounds about right. I forgot to factor that in

And it's just a family thing. My parents wanted to go to upper US/Canada for their anniversary. So I will be SIF-less for the most part. I could use my phone to tether, but idk if I can do that when we get to Canadia...

Articalys

I've gotten used to most of the mobage aspects of the game by now -- the random draws, stamina, and so forth -- but it's still absolute bullshit that you only have a choice of three or four EX songs at one time, and once they rotate out they're gone FOREVER. Especially since they take all their G/FP/LS rewards with them when they leave.

I'll give Qurex until before I get back from dinner (in like an hour and a half or so) to do the usual thing for JP Medley Festival 5, featuring Nico in straight-up matsuri mode.

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the Japanese Version is "Medley Festival Round 5".
This event will start on Friday 5th June at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Thursday, 15th March at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

There will be 8 songs in each attribute pool. 8 Smile, 8 Cool and 8 Pure, for a total of 24 songs.

The main prize for this event is a Super Rare Card, Yazawa Nico (Apparition Ver.) ([妖怪編] Youkai Hen).

The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Friday 5th June at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].
t1433487600z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the info.

Hachitora

I've gotten used to most of the mobage aspects of the game by now -- the random draws, stamina, and so forth -- but it's still absolute bullshit that you only have a choice of three or four EX songs at one time, and once they rotate out they're gone FOREVER. Especially since they take all their G/FP/LS rewards with them when they leave.

I'll give Qurex until before I get back from dinner (in like an hour and a half or so) to do the usual thing for JP Medley Festival 5, featuring Nico in straight-up matsuri mode.
Nah, they're not gone forever. They eventually come back, though it might take a while. I know a few of them rotate back in. And they retain the song rewards you got from them before.

And don't worry, Qurex just finished :p
Edit: Lol, right on time

GoXDS

yea, the EX Songs will cycle but that takes...a bit over half a year?

and for those of you that didn't notice, tiers expanded again to 4500

CoinArt

Damnit, I apparently maxed then ate a member of my smile team without realizing it. Of course there's no way to edit your teams once you're given the medley songs, so I had to go with my second-best smile team, which was apparently my gimmick all-Nico team. Appropriate, but underwhelming.

Gridman

Neo Member
I'm just not any good at winning these events. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I tried hard at the Honoka event but I think I only got 3,000 points. I would play in the morning when I woke up and evening before bed. I want to try to get this events SR but I'm afraid I will waste my time. What do I need to do to be efficient with my play time to at least win the SR.

I'm just not any good at winning these events. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I tried hard at the Honoka event but I think I only got 3,000 points. I would play in the morning when I woke up and evening before bed. I want to try to get this events SR but I'm afraid I will waste my time. What do I need to do to be efficient with my play time to at least win the SR.

Just find more time to play, playing two times a day isn't going to cut it.
Try to always keep an empty LP bar and you'll be fine

Hachitora

Yeah honestly you need to be playing constantly just to get into tier 2. You can get away with wasting LP for maybe a day or two total, but it takes quite a bit of playing to get a second SR.

CoinArt

Using most of your stamina is how it's done. Generally, if you use at least 3/4 of your stamina, you'll get the SR before the end. I usually use 200 of each day's 240 stamina (8 EX plays over 3 sessions) and get it a couple days before the end. If you have less max stamina, it takes more sessions. If you play below EX, each session takes longer.

Your max stamina matters a lot for how intrusive events are. If you have enough for, say 3 hard plays, then you probably need to play at least 4 times a day, morning, noon, evening, night. Any more you squeeze in gives you breathing room. In the last day or two, you need to calculate whether you're going to make it. If you missed a bit, a love gem or two might be necessary, and even if you've gotta spend 5, as I had to for one early event, I'd say it's worth it from a love gem perspective (though it's a bit demanding from a time perspective).

Articalys

https://twitter.com/roid_s/status/607001829029773312

I am assuming this person took the image from today's SIF event.
You follow that guy on Twitter, or were you just randomly searching for any recent photos tagged with スクフェス since you knew the event was going on?

Speaking of which, they set up a replica clubroom at the School Idol Festival Thanksgiving event:

https://twitter.com/ANIL27_UMI/status/606998336416153601

raven777

You follow that guy on Twitter, or were you just randomly searching for any recent photos tagged with スクフェス since you knew the event was going on?

One of the figure info account I follow retweeted that tweet, so I saw it on my feed.

Articalys

https://twitter.com/lovelive_SIF/status/607041550841815040

Just announced on the School Idol Festival Thanksgiving stage livestream: the game now has over 15 million players worldwide (of which 10 million are Japan, but I think that was announced already).

edit: Going to just take some other bits of info from the LL Wikia's Twitter feed...

- new JP Rare cards themed for Dancing stars on me!
- global vote for who will get a "Summer Fruits Girl" card
- new song specially made for SIF
- and the most interesting change that won't come to the global versions for a while: AN ACTUAL CUSTOMIZABLE BACKGROUND FOR THE HOME SCREEN (and some slight rearranging of the UI in general)
There's also going to be some sort of new user title and challenge functions, which are the (1) and (2) marks. Not sure what those will entail.

Hugstable

Banned
https://twitter.com/lovelive_SIF/status/607041550841815040

Just announced on the School Idol Festival Thanksgiving stage livestream: the game now has over 15 million players worldwide (of which 10 million are Japan, but I think that was announced already).

edit: Going to just take some other bits of info from the LL Wikia's Twitter feed...

- new JP Rare cards themed for Dancing stars on me!
- global vote for who will get a "Summer Fruits Girl" card
- new song specially made for SIF
- and the most interesting change that won't come to the global versions for a while: AN ACTUAL CUSTOMIZABLE BACKGROUND FOR THE HOME SCREEN (and some slight rearranging of the UI in general)

There's also going to be some sort of new user title and challenge functions, which are the (1) and (2) marks. Not sure what those will entail.

Ohh that customizable background stuff sounds pretty nice!

Articalys

Okay, a news post on the official JP site clears up a few things.

- The new JP Rare cards will be the Dancing stars on me! idol performance outfits when idolized... but their base forms will be their goofy club costumes from the same episode, meaning Orange Hanayo, Kendo Nico, etc.
- Besides the "Summer Fruits Girl" global UR vote, there's going to be another popularity contest for the Normals, with the winners getting special smartphone wallpaper illustrations.
- The "Seal Shop" seems to be a feature where you can recycle spare/unwanted R, SR, and UR into new cards/items. Not entirely sure on this one.
- You can unlock new user titles/menu backgrounds by clearing specific conditions in the game.

Boy, I sure can't wait to try all this stuff... in June 2016...

Yaari

Those are awesome new additions to the game. I'm bad though, I probably won't unlock any of those. Too bad! But damn, I love custom backgrounds.

elhaym

I can't wait for this update now, but as much as I want Dancing Stars on Me rares, I want a full GD PV for that song. =(

Top Bottom