• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Jintor

it's kind of odd because I feel like the anime production values (especially the reaction faces and the seiyuu) are like twenty levels above the anime's writing, which is kinda eh.

honestly i get more out of the twenty billion (non-h) yuri doujin out there

Anyway. With all the ¥¥¥ that's coming in we might actually see some good CGI in Sunshine

wJ92qo0l.jpg

apparently the movie's doing well

love live is one of those franchises i feel really weird about liking. it's quite obviously and transparently a giant marketing machine of death and earning money from otaku, but... i can't help... but enjoy it...

Embrace it. Embrace Nico

4b24de3d0b083122dd1d894e59e3bc61_480.jpg

JoeFu

Banned
yet my post adds more to the gaming ot than just posting pictures and talking about non-game element

Oh yeah being negative all the time sure does wonders for this thread. Do everyone a favor, including yourself, and uninstall the game.

elhaym

is it just me or has the servers been pretty bad lately? I get occasional connection troubles past week or 2

EN or JP? I've had problems off and on with JP, but EN has usually been pretty good. Mostly kinda early AM EST, but that lines up with primetime in Japan I think.

inafking

Yeah, 1 out of 10 the servers get stuck. 1 day til E3 could be the reason

I'm so happy, I finally got an SR from a Scouting Ticket and it was an Umi-chan! <3

Umi-chan HNNNNGH!

Guys, I've been making an imgur album with all the love live gifs that I found. Be careful! There are 94 images!! Here's the link if you want to take a look:

http://imgur.com/a/D5kiw

Here's another gif for your collection that I just made (with gifcam). It from Umi-chan of course.

no2m8IY.gif

I've saved it as an empty template in case you wanna put another dialogue “&#968;(&#65344;&#8711;´)&#968;

GoXDS

woops, meant EN SIF. guess it's mostly my phone then

just burned 60k FP fishing for new R. got 7 new ones and idolized them, idolized 2 I already had, and 1 more that I wasn't able to idolize. still missing 3 from this newest batch and 1 from 1st new batch and 1 more to idolize from 1st new batch but I think that went pretty well. about 25k FP left until next time. why did they have to be mostly Cool. I have huge stockpile of Pure/Smile normies but very limited Cool normies since I fed them to UR Nozomi T_T

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is cool:

Happy scouting ticket times.

Saving all my 10+1 draws on the EN side until we get the blue vouchers. Blue vouchers are gold.
I have her in the JP version but really want to go for her again... but yeah, blue vouchers. :(

The wedding dress URs really are the best ones they've done. I don't really like the other ones as much.

(I'm at 489 loveca... so close to being able to do 10 at once)

CoinArt

So who're folks voting for? For the Fruits Girl thing, I mean, we're all voting for Nico of course, but what about the normie death battle? I went for Emma, Rebecca, and Kanata, who has the best normie card:

So who're folks voting for? For the Fruits Girl thing, I mean, we're all voting for Nico of course, but what about the normie death battle? I went for Emma, Rebecca, and Kanata, who has the best normie card:

Where is this vote? Where can I swear my loyalty to Ranpha.

CoinArt

What vote? I admit I've not followed things for a while.
here you go:
love live wiki said:
The Midsummer Fruit Girl Competition is live!

Vote for your favourite &#956;'s girl and fruit theme
The poll will be split into two voting periods:
June 15 at 4 PM until June 29 at 3 PM JST
July 1 at 4 PM until July 15 at 3 PM JST
You may vote once per voting period
Interim results will be posted on June 30 at 4 PM JST, and final results will be posted on August 5 at 4 PM JST
The top ranked character will receive a special UR card obtained via login bonus
Options are as follows:
Honoka: My favourite is definitely strawberries!
Eli: How about kiwis, which are full of nutrition and great for your skin?
Kotori: I hope you fall in love with melon Kotori &#9834;
Umi: Honoka said that lemons would suit me well... What do you think?
Rin: Let's spit out watermelon seeds together~!
Maki: Pineapples make you think of a glamorous resort, so they're perfect for me!
Nozomi: Plump pink peaches are cute, just like me &#9834;
Hanayo: Cherries always come in pairs! Just like me and Rin &#9734;
Nico: Bright red apples are loved by all, just like idols should be!

The Transfer Student Election Round 2 poll is also live!

Vote for three transfer students (anyone except for &#956;'s members) that you want to support!
The voting periods and result posting dates are the same as the Midsummer Fruit Girl Competition

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is Just Between Us (&#12371;&#12371;&#12384;&#12369;&#12398;&#35441;&#12290;, Koko dake no Hanashi.).

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Parasol" tokens.
Parasol.png

This is the third of the collaboration events with the "Love Live School idol diary" series from Kadokawa.
As you gain event points you will unlock a chapter from a popular scenario - this time featuring Eli.

The event will start on Friday, 19th June at 9:00 AM UTC and end on Tuesday, 30th June at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Cool Super Rare Card, Ayase Eli (Rain Shower Ver.) [Super Rare #350]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 3790, Pure: 3630, Cool: 4660
Appeal: Time Together With You - For every 20 perfects, there is a 31% chance of increasing player's score by 380 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Heart - Increases Cool points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Smile Card, Kurobane Sakuya [Normal #348]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 2
Smile: 2200, Pure: 980, Cool: 510
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

The event song is "Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate" (&#12354;&#12426;&#12405;&#12428;&#12383;&#24754;&#12375;&#12415;&#12398;&#26524;&#12390;, lit. The End of Ordinary Sorrow).
It is sung by Ayase Eli. This song is track 4 from the trio single, Soldier game, sung by Sonoda Umi, Nishikino Maki, and Ayase Eli. It was released on July 25, 2012. The song is also included in &#956;'s Best Album Best Live! Collection.

Here is the note distribution for the song:
2s0QIG9.png

From Saturday, 27th June, 12 AM UTC, until the end of the event, the following specials will be run.

4x version of the event song, it costs 4x the tokens but you get 4x the points (Easy - 60, Normal - 120, Hard - 180).
Expert Event song, a higher difficulty version of the event song which costs 75 tokens.
Randomised Notes Expert Event song, the same as the Expert Event song as above, except the notes are randomised!
None of these above versions count towards the Event Song Ranking.

Extra Bonus G - There will also be extra bonus G from select songs. 150% for Normal and 200% for Hard. Eligible songs change daily.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Friday, 19th June at 9:00 AM UTC.
t1434704400z0.png

---------------------------

New PVs were released on Monday in commeration of the movie's release

PV for the 1st movie CD single, Angelic Angel
Notes: Watching the PV, Eli appears to be the center for this song. This is the song featured in the first PVs and using the Fan costumes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIE7GwJu3c

90 Sec. Ver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWxqHzfV1k

15 Sec Ver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta5JauJMW7U

The 2 new PVs for the movie contain an excerpt of the song "SUNNY DAY SONG". From the short clips it seems Honoka is the center for that song. This song uses the Flag costumes which have been shown on some of the movie posters.

Titles and tracks were also announced for the 3 upcoming movie singles.

1st Single - Angelic Angel - Release Wednesday, 1st July 2015.
Angelic Angel - &#956;'s
Hello, &#26143;&#12434;&#25968;&#12360;&#12390; [Hello, Hoshi wo Kazote, lit. Hello, Count The Stars] - Maki, Rin, Hanayo
Cover Art for the single
QYpYt0G.png

2nd Single - SUNNY DAY SONG - Release Wednesday, 8th July 2015.
SUNNY DAY SONG - &#956;'s
?&#8592;HEARTBEAT - Eli, Nozomi, Nico

3rd Single - &#20693;&#12383;&#12385;&#12399;&#12402;&#12392;&#12388;&#12398;&#20809; - Release Wednesday, 15th July 2015.
&#20693;&#12383;&#12385;&#12399;&#12402;&#12392;&#12388;&#12398;&#20809; [Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari, lit. We Are A Single Light] - &#956;'s
Future style - Honoka, Kotori, Umi

The movie OST should release on Wednesday, 5th August 2015.

m0t0k1

Fun little tidbit about the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem /Genei Ibun Roku #FE

"GamesBeat: As a fan of the music from both companies, I’m curious about how the music is coming together. Who is handling the soundtrack?

Takata: The background music is being handled by Mr. Fujisawa. He’s famous as the composer from Love Live. But the music you heard from the first trailer, the singing, and a lot of other songs with voice in them, that’s being handled by a Japanese record company called Avex. We’ve gotten them to handle music for us. We’ve asked a famous producer who deals with a lot of Japanese artists to write the songs."

Articalys

Qurex, what happened, man? You're like four hours ahead of your usual time. I swear, I'm the only person who can keep things to a regular schedule...
Fun little tidbit about the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem /Genei Ibun Roku #FE

"GamesBeat: As a fan of the music from both companies, I’m curious about how the music is coming together. Who is handling the soundtrack?

Takata: The background music is being handled by Mr. Fujisawa. He’s famous as the composer from Love Live. But the music you heard from the first trailer, the singing, and a lot of other songs with voice in them, that’s being handled by a Japanese record company called Avex. We’ve gotten them to handle music for us. We’ve asked a famous producer who deals with a lot of Japanese artists to write the songs."
It's worth clarifying, however, that Yoshiaki Fujisawa's contribution to Love Live begins and mostly ends at the anime OSTs, not any of the songs proper. Not to take away from any of his work.

Yaari

People just whined in the Nintendo E3 thread when Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem came up.Well, I can't wait to play it. Cool that Nanjo voices the idol in the game.

Qurex

Neo Member
It's killing me but I can't watch the PV before watching the movie

I assume you mean the song PV? It's a nice PV for the song, I can say that. It's basically what they already showed in the early PVs for the movie if you watched those. Except well longer.

They'll probably post some PVs for the other 2 singles. Not sure if I'll watch them, unless they have some more info. I watched this one to confirm the single info and if there was any other info.

Qurex, what happened, man? You're like four hours ahead of your usual time. I swear, I'm the only person who can keep things to a regular schedule...
I might be a bit busy later, and so since I had the time I posted earlier.

It's worth clarifying, however, that Yoshiaki Fujisawa's contribution to Love Live begins and mostly ends at the anime OSTs, not any of the songs proper. Not to take away from any of his work.
To expand a bit on this, I believe that Fujisawa did compose and arrange Honoka's song for the 1st ep of the 2nd season (the SchPres Song). Well if you can count that as a vocal song.

For people interested in some of the music that he's composed and or arranged music for other series.
This includes Denpa Onna, Riddle Story of Devil (Akuma no Riddle), Rail Wars, Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi!, Uchoten-Kazoku, the 1st ED for the Blue Dragon anime, 2 character songs for Nichijou (Mio Naganohara and Yoshihisa Kawahara). Although you can find this info just by searching his name.

Hachitora

I knew it was Nanjolno when I first heard her sing in the trailer. Could recognize the Eli voice anywhere :p Nice to hear that the LL composer is working on this, as I quite like some of the OST. Game looks fun too, can't wait for my idoru RPG (Love Live and im@s costumes perhaps? lol)

Top Bottom