• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

Alright, that's it, I hit a breaking point again with this fucking game's F2P and gatcha mechanics and inability to provide anything fundamentally new gameplay-wise. Not coming back until the Medley Festivals start in the English version, and even that's only probably going to keep me entertained for the first one.

Fun little tidbit about the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem /Genei Ibun Roku #FE

"GamesBeat: As a fan of the music from both companies, I’m curious about how the music is coming together. Who is handling the soundtrack?

Takata: The background music is being handled by Mr. Fujisawa. He’s famous as the composer from Love Live. But the music you heard from the first trailer, the singing, and a lot of other songs with voice in them, that’s being handled by a Japanese record company called Avex. We’ve gotten them to handle music for us. We’ve asked a famous producer who deals with a lot of Japanese artists to write the songs."
Uh what. Maki composes the music for Love Live.
It's worth clarifying, however, that Yoshiaki Fujisawa's contribution to Love Live begins and mostly ends at the anime OSTs, not any of the songs proper. Not to take away from any of his work.
That's like, background music (BGM), right? I like the ones during the recaps before each episode. And lots of BGM is good throughout the show so yay.

Himemiya

For people interested in some of the music that he's composed and or arranged music for other series.
This includes Denpa Onna, Riddle Story of Devil (Akuma no Riddle), Rail Wars, Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi!, Uchoten-Kazoku, the 1st ED for the Blue Dragon anime, 2 character songs for Nichijou (Mio Naganohara and Yoshihisa Kawahara). Although you can find this info just by searching his name.
Omoshiroi. Had to listen to the Akuma no Riddle OST again but it's a nice one too.
Game looks fun too, can't wait for my idoru RPG (Love Live and im@s costumes perhaps? lol)
That's like expecting famous sentai heroes as costumes because Toma wants to be a toku actor.
Could still happen.
So that's who it is. I always thought that the main girl's voice sounded a bit familiar, cool.
Ah, not the main girl but the idol, Kiria.

fek

I assume you mean the song PV? It's a nice PV for the song, I can say that. It's basically what they already showed in the early PVs for the movie if you watched those. Except well longer.

They'll probably post some PVs for the other 2 singles. Not sure if I'll watch them, unless they have some more info. I watched this one to confirm the single info and if there was any other info.
Yeah, I want to see it in the movie first. Another thing I'm worried about is talk about the movie in the next NozoHono Variety Box.

I'm already invested in Eli's "Just Between Us" event story arc.

Heavily.
Invested.
Best event story

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I use it. And I know Markun does as well since I follow him. I haven't been updating my profile actively lately though.
Klab should make an API to let you access your data... but then again, Klab should launch the Glee game and that seems long overdue. lol

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the Japanese Version is SMILING!
Ce71BqY.png

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Peach" tokens. [桃].

This event will start on Saturday, 20th June at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Tuesday, 30th June at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

This is the first of the token events that will use the Bonus Songs from the Anime's Second Season LE BDs.

Reminder that the Expert and Random Expert Difficulties will be available from the start of the event.

The main prize for this event is a Super Rare Card, Kousaka Honoka (Momotaro Ver.). [桃太郎編].
The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

The event song is "シアワセ行きのSMILING! (Shiawase-iki no SMILING!, lit. Blissful Life's SMILING!)".
This song is a single sung by Kousaka Honoka. This song was included with the Limited Edition of Love Live! TV Anime 2 Blu-ray Vol. 1. It was released on June 20, 2014.

From Friday, 26th June, until the end of the event, a 4x version of the event song will be available to play for all difficulties (Easy - 60, Normal - 120, Hard - 180, Expert - 300).
From Saturday, 27th June, until the end of the event, certain stages (changes daily) will give extra gold rewards (1.5x for NORMAL, 2x for HARD, 3x for EXPERT).

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Saturday, 20th June at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].
t1434783600z0.png

-------------
Yeah, I want to see it in the movie first. Another thing I'm worried about is talk about the movie in the next NozoHono Variety Box.

I see, so will you be waiting until after you seen the movie before getting the movie singles that are coming out next month?
You make a good point about NozoHono box, didn't think that they might talk about the movie. Though I still haven't got round to watching the last one.

On that note, I remember reading something about the recent eps (June 5th and June 12th?) of Gekkan Bushiroad TV having Rippi and Soramaru as guests. It was to do with the upcoming (at the time) release of the movie. You know anything about that?

Klab should launch the Glee game and that seems long overdue. lol
I think I remember reading that they plan to launch this in Q2. So it should be "soon".

-------------

Don't think I mentioned this yet, but I was able to get a copy of the LE for the 1st Love μ's Best Album Best Live! Collection recently a while back.

Slightly related, I think Elhyam might be interested in this.
I also went and got acopy of the T7S Album, H-A-J-I-M-A-L-B-U-M-!!, as well a copy of Comtiq May 2015 for the T7S booklet.

Himemiya

What's the purpose of this? Just making more friends?

Just asking.
Any pro that comes with registering on that site is probably outweighed by how easy it would be for someone to con you out of your account because you've gone and listed all your significant cards, your device and operating system, etc.

PK Gaming

It looks like Klab is still up to their old tricks

Eli's original line:

Eli: Okay? Write it like this: "Thank you for telling me your feelings. However, I already have someone I love more than anyone else in the world. That would be my beloved childhood friend, Ko-u-sa-ka Ho---"

fff-love-live-s2-13-ce15ff13-mkv_snapshot_03-01_2014-07-06_00-17-15.png

m0t0k1

Qurex, what happened, man? You're like four hours ahead of your usual time. I swear, I'm the only person who can keep things to a regular schedule...

It's worth clarifying, however, that Yoshiaki Fujisawa's contribution to Love Live begins and mostly ends at the anime OSTs, not any of the songs proper. Not to take away from any of his work.

Well I like those songs. But there are multiple composers creating the songs right like in Hatsune Miku or Im@s?

Uh what. Maki composes the music for Love Live.That's like, background music (BGM), right? I like the ones during the recaps before each episode. And lots of BGM is good throughout the show so yay.

Yes and Kotori designs al the clothes. Believe!

fek

I see, so will you be waiting until after you seen the movie before getting the movie singles that are coming out next month?
You make a good point about NozoHono box, didn't think that they might talk about the movie. Though I still haven't got round to watching the last one.

On that note, I remember reading something about the recent eps (June 5th and June 12th?) of Gekkan Bushiroad TV having Rippi and Soramaru as guests. It was to do with the upcoming (at the time) release of the movie. You know anything about that?
Are you going to T1 this event?
Unless there's some timed exclusive bonus or something I can't miss I'm not getting the singles. I'll probably have to listen to it anyway in the game though
No, I didn't know about that, it's kinda hard to keep up with this Bushiroad program, but now I wish I knew before, these episodes don't seem to be on youtube anymore
And nice 1st album collection, did you get the 2nd as well? I started playing 7th sis recently and some songs are pretty good too

Qurex

Neo Member
Just in case people weren't aware, the Snow halation Rare Cards are now available in EN. They were added last update when the last Event ended.

-------------------------
Well I like those songs. But there are multiple composers creating the songs right like in Hatsune Miku or Im@s?
That's right, there are loads of composers and or arrangers for the series. Quite a few have done songs for other anime. Actually some have even worked on idolm@ster songs. There's too many list here but yeah basically a lot of people who create the songs have done so for many other things.

Are you going to T1 this event?
Unless there's some timed exclusive bonus or something I can't miss I'm not getting the singles. I'll probably have to listen to it anyway in the game though
No, I didn't know about that, it's kinda hard to keep up with this Bushiroad program, but now I wish I knew before, these episodes don't seem to be on youtube anymore
And nice 1st album collection, did you get the 2nd as well? I started playing 7th sis recently and some songs are pretty good too

I've never tried going for T1 in JP before. It's a token event though and I have plenty of Loveca.... Guess I'll try it this time and see how it compares to EN. Should be a lot easier I guess. Besides my Pure Team could do with some better cards. The recent EN Honoka event made me realise that it was a lot easier to go T1 compared to before. The tier expansions have made it really easy now.

Yeah Angelic Angel was added last update in JP as a Regular Stage, think it was Chapter 31? They made it the title screen song as well, so you can still try to avoid it. They'll probably do the same for the other songs. As for timed bonuses, I've only read that the 1st print for the Singles come with Loveca+, which I think is some sort of promo system in Japan. So don't think there's anything to miss.

Yeah it's quite hard keeping track of this show. Think Soramaru graduated recently a while back from presenting on this. I went and checked and the videos still seem to be up Youtube. Think they are unlisted though which is why you can't find them. Here's the links I have:
June 5th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3ZFuQbiOw
June 12th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIIwqS_FPws

It might be up on niconico as well but I haven't really checked. If these links don't work I did dl the vids before, but again I haven't got round to watching them.

Thanks! No, I haven't got round to getting the 2nd Album Collection yet. I do plan to get it soon. Hopefully it will still be available in a month or two.
I assume you went and got a copy of the 2nd Album Collection, did you get one of those B2 posters? I've been trying to find photos of them, since I wanted to see higher res images ever since I saw those preorder previews when they announced them.

Ah yeah the songs are what got me in to 7th Sis. Originally picked it up as another rhythm game to play. Though the Android ver. of the app is terrible, no hit sounds, I keep breaking my combos. I'm surprised that they're getting a proper single release next month and a bunch of other things like a manga. They had the 1st Live last month as well. It must be doing alright for a mobile game.

fek

I've never tried going for T1 in JP before. It's a token event though and I have plenty of Loveca.... Guess I'll try it this time and see how it compares to EN. Should be a lot easier I guess. Besides my Pure Team could do with some better cards. The recent EN Honoka event made me realise that it was a lot easier to go T1 compared to before. The tier expansions have made it really easy now.

Yeah Angelic Angel was added last update in JP as a Regular Stage, think it was Chapter 31? They made it the title screen song as well, so you can still try to avoid it. They'll probably do the same for the other songs. As for timed bonuses, I've only read that the 1st print for the Singles come with Loveca+, which I think is some sort of promo system in Japan. So don't think there's anything to miss.

Yeah it's quite hard keeping track of this show. Think Soramaru graduated recently a while back from presenting on this. I went and checked and the videos still seem to be up Youtube. Think they are unlisted though which is why you can't find them. Here's the links I have:
June 5th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3ZFuQbiOw
June 12th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIIwqS_FPws

It might be up on niconico as well but I haven't really checked. If these links don't work I did dl the vids before, but again I haven't got round to watching them.

Thanks! No, I haven't got round to getting the 2nd Album Collection yet. I do plan to get it soon. Hopefully it will still be available in a month or two.
I assume you went and got a copy of the 2nd Album Collection, did you get one of those B2 posters? I've been trying to find photos of them, since I wanted to see higher res images ever since I saw those preorder previews when they announced them.

Ah yeah the songs are what got me in to 7th Sis. Originally picked it up as another rhythm game to play. Though the Android ver. of the app is terrible, no hit sounds, I keep breaking my combos. I'm surprised that they're getting a proper single release next month and a bunch of other things like a manga. They had the 1st Live last month as well. It must be doing alright for a mobile game.
Thanks for the links, I'll watch it!
I did buy the 2nd album collection, but I got it from NISA and it hasn't arrived yet. I think it doesn't come with any of these posters too
Yeah, I play on android too and the rhythm part is a mess. But I like the art style so I will keep playing to see what's up with it

inafking

I would go for the second one. I interpreted "caring" as romantic affection, at least.

6s0gfjq.jpg

Umi-chan...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Which chapter of the manga is this? I figured it out, it's chapter 13th page 7.

Also, I guess the manga continues the plot after 3rd year students graduate, isn't it? Guess wrong too...It's a little weird, first the anime adapted from the manga, but then the anime catches up and the manga has to catch up with the anime (or making up a different plot @_@)

inafking

In the adaptation Eri's mood is totally different from the manga. At first she was completely against the idol club, saying that it could even make things worse by destroying Otonokizaka's HS reputation.

CoinArt

I played 9 songs this morning, due to a level up in JP. None of them were Nicopuri.

I have had Nicopuri stuck in my head for the last 8 hours.

The song's merely OK, and only middling catchy. I even listened to the radio for 2 of those hours. What the heck, Nico.

Maybe listening to it will make it go away.

PK Gaming

In the adaptation Eri's mood is totally different from the manga. At first she was completely against the idol club, saying that it could even make things worse by destroying Otonokizaka's HS reputation.

Right. The characterization in the manga is quite different from the anime. Eli, Nozomi, Maki and Nico have the most differences.

There were elements of this in the early days of the show because of the conflict between them when it came to starting the club. Of course once muse had settled it was harder to keep it up. Come S2 and all that's left is that pouting bit in the OP.

It goes back even further than that. Aaaaaaaallllllllllllll the way back to the early days of the franchise, because I believe Eli was originally a childhood friend of Honoka (which is actually the case in the manga).

CoinArt

Dang, I've FC'd so many songs for the first time today (in normal, non-Score Match, non-Medley play). 4 EX across both versions, and a half dozen hards in EN that I hadn't bothered to play since the first time. Feels good.

Ceris

Neo Member
Which chapter of the manga is this? I figured it out, it's chapter 13th page 7.

Also, I guess the manga continues the plot after 3rd year students graduate, isn't it? Guess wrong too...It's a little weird, first the anime adapted from the manga, but then the anime catches up and the manga has to catch up with the anime (or making up a different plot @_@)

The Manga and Anime are completely separate and will have different story lines, just how SIF has a different storyline than the anime.

~~

Hi everyone, it's been a while (if people remember me, I wasn't here for that long!)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It goes back even further than that. Aaaaaaaallllllllllllll the way back to the early days of the franchise, because I believe Eli was originally a childhood friend of Honoka (which is actually the case in the manga).

Weren't they in different year groups originally as well?

Also Nico with low pigtails looks wrong.

PK Gaming

Weren't they in different year groups originally as well?

Also Nico with low pigtails looks wrong.

Yeah, I've heard about that, but I don't think I ever found confirmation. All signs point to them always the same years as there are now.

Incidentally, I've been digging around and I found some translated info from the first Love Live databook. There's some cool stuff in there, like each of the girl's "vital stats" (measuring stuff like dancing skill, studies, etc), and each of the girls have "charm" points. Supposedly these are best thing about them that sets them apart from the rest. They range from the mundane like Honoka (her energetic smile), to the downright bizarre Rin (her cute and shapely butt...?!?)

Top Bottom