• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Canada gets the shaft.
No official distributor here I guess.

I still use her pure out of love for the card.
It was when i discovered shitty stats UR cards are as hungry as the normal ones. Never raised another fake ur to max level lol
but Album rewards! but yea, the Nozomi one completely ate out my supply of Cool cards and I've been stockpiling for a loooong time T_T
Yeah, I do it for the rewards and since there's nothing to do with Ns at some point.

Considering bond points promo URs are pretty strong, guys. They also give you something to do with extra Rs. One of my biggest goals in this game is to get skill level 8 on my promo URs (currently lv7 on Honoka and Kotori)
Is the bond bonus greater than the direct bonus you get from having a higher colour level? Because the promo URs rank way below the SRs.

And the results are in! From 23,789 votes, the new Love Live group is...

ppzvBul.png

Aqours!
(though the name is actually just read/pronounced as "Aqua".)

Their first CD single is being released on October 7.

http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/

2nd and 3rd place were Palettes! and Lir.
I have to wonder how much Aqours benefited from being in the first position on the voting page...
I don't actually remember what I voted for -- Stella, I think -- but this name is fine.

How do you get Aqours from Aqua. Unless it's like an attempt at French or something? lol

Jintor

Was walking past a shoe shop today when I saw a cardboard stand of Kotori. Did a double take. Apparently there's some merchandising deal going with a shoe company or something. Lol

I also wandered up the wrong set of stairs again in a 'normal' anime/manga shop only to be reminded there's no such thing as a 'normal' anime/manga shop in Japan

I bought a NicoMaki fanbook

PK Gaming

Not feeling this new group. As much as i like Muse

Yeah i'm not feeling them either. It's not because I love μ's, but more because I don't feel that there's enough of a visual variety between the girls. Like, there was a pretty big visual difference between say Nozomi and Rin, and it was neat how the group in general was just all over the place in terms of hair style, body type, etc. For the most part, Aquours girlsl have similar builds and such, which makes them less interesting as a group.

So i'm mostly banking on their personalities carrying them. I think they have a potential to take off like μ's, but only time will tell.

Yeah i'm not feeling them either. It's not because I love μ's, but more because I don't feel that there's enough of a visual variety between the girls. Like, there was a pretty big visual difference between say Nozomi and Rin, and it was neat how the group in general was just all over the place in terms of hair style, body type, etc. For the most part, Aquours girls have similar builds and such, which makes them less interesting as a group.

So i'm mostly banking on their personalities carrying them. I think they have a potential to take off like μ's, but only time will tell.

Yeah, that's what I think as well. I also don't like their uniforms. Everything about Aqours looks pretty bland.
I'm excited to see what they're going to do with Aqours but I don't think that they will beat the original cast.

fek

Is the bond bonus greater than the direct bonus you get from having a higher colour level? Because the promo URs rank way below the SRs.
Yeah, the bond adds up to the stat so this promo UR Eli for example has 4250 cool points +1000 from bond, making it stronger than unidolized SRs since they only add +250 bond

GoXDS

as mentioned, UR has 1000 bond to unidolized SR's 250. so always ad 750 to the UR before comparing to the SR. even for idoized SR, when comparing, add 500. currently, the Nozomi UR is 4270 + 750 bonus so sitting at 5020. my 2nd strongest cool card is Cafe Nozomi at 4560 ._.

you can do the same with the 2 special SRs (figureskating maki and present wrapped Nico). +250 over unidolized SRs, though they're much weaker so they'll likely get replaced much sooner

Articalys

Yeah i'm not feeling them either. It's not because I love μ's, but more because I don't feel that there's enough of a visual variety between the girls. Like, there was a pretty big visual difference between say Nozomi and Rin, and it was neat how the group in general was just all over the place in terms of hair style, body type, etc. For the most part, Aquours girlsl have similar builds and such, which makes them less interesting as a group.

Yeah, also, the fact that the only promo illustration for Aqours has them looking incredibly similar -- all in the same uniform, without even things like stockings/shoes/jackets to differentiate them there -- isn't doing them any favors. But surely not even Sunrise/Dengeki/Lantis expect them to come close to current μ's popularity levels. Just a way to help expand the franchise. They do have their work cut out for them. Still really early on though.

Too bad we don't have initial fan reactions to the μ's design from mid-2010 archived somewhere. I mean, this was the promo shot on the back side of their first single:
So yeah.

Articalys

Sure we do. Same place you'd find any old post from an online imageboard, for example.
Well, I sort of meant in terms of people from this forum, but I still can't seem to find any at-length discussion in /a/ archives until early 2011, by which point they'd released Snow halation (and probably already made it through some slight design changes). Not that I feel like searching too seriously. If you want to try and find something to prove me wrong, go right ahead.

Himemiya

Well, I sort of meant in terms of people from this forum, but I still can't seem to find any at-length discussion in /a/ archives until early 2011, by which point they'd released Snow halation (and probably already made it through some slight design changes). Not that I feel like searching too seriously. If you want to try and find something to prove me wrong, go right ahead.
Wasn't meant to be sass, just not gonna link 4chan, 2ch, or other archives here for obvious reasons. If you were expecting at-length (or any) discussion of the original designs on GAF when they first came out, remember this is GAF.

Articalys

Wasn't meant to be sass, just not gonna link 4chan, 2ch, or other archives here for obvious reasons. If you were expecting at-length (or any) discussion of the original designs on GAF when they first came out, remember this is GAF.
Of course I didn't expect there to be anything here, that's why I said "too bad there aren't any". Implying I was anticipating a negative result from the outset.

I'll stop ruining the thread now. Nothing else to really do except wait for more Aqours info from the magazine, then the single release (and eventually after that the movie BD).

CoinArt

For anyone who's interested in more idol rhythm gaming, Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage is going to be released for iOS and Android at some point in the indeterminate future (likely around the time the new season starts, but who knows). Japanese-only, for now at least. If you preregister for it, you get 1000 "Star Jewels", which is presumably a decent amount of a premium currency. The preregister process is simple enough to navigate through (for Android, at least; I assume the iOS process is similar but haven't checked), and it just asks you where you're from without checking IP or anything.

From the link above:

Check out the brief commercial if you're so inclined, then click on your OS of choice.

Click the big orange button above or below the instructions here, and you'll be taken to an English signup page. Be sure to say you're in Asia/Japan here, and everything should work out. Keep in mind that after you submit this, you have to go through the next page to actually send the confirmation email. It took me a couple minutes of staring at my inbox before I checked this. After you click the link in the confirmation email, you'll be taken to another page in Japanese, but nothing there matters. At this point, you'll be done until they send out emails when the game's released!

Marche90

If it's a good rhythm game and has some stuff on top on it, I'm down

...Hopefully with an English version. Please, hear my please, Bandai Namco :(

Azusa

For anyone who's interested in more idol rhythm gaming, Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage is going to be released for iOS and Android at some point in the indeterminate future (likely around the time the new season starts, but who knows). Japanese-only, for now at least. If you preregister for it, you get 1000 "Star Jewels", which is presumably a decent amount of a premium currency. The preregister process is simple enough to navigate through (for Android, at least; I assume the iOS process is similar but haven't checked), and it just asks you where you're from without checking IP or anything.

Thanks. Done. I hope it'll be a fun game

I'll play it. Should I take the effort to watch Idolm@ster first? I never really bothered with it but I've heard some good things. Can I just watch Cinderella Girls?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hello my fellow Japanese citizens.

I'll play it. Should I take the effort to watch Idolm@ster first? I never really bothered with it but I've heard some good things. Can I just watch Cinderella Girls?
Cindy Gals is a separate story with a completely different cast from The iDOLM@STER so you can watch it with no previous knowledge just fine. However, the second half will be starting this season.

However, iM@S is a worthwhile show and I'd recommend watching it. Still one of the best of the idol anime shows.

Though the best of the best is The iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia, but it is slightly removed from the typical iM@S universe so I recommend watching it after learning about the character in The iDOLM@STER.

CoinArt

I've only ever watched one episode of Idolmaster, and it just threw characters as me with no introductions and expected me to be entertained. It was boring. I've heard good things about Cinderella Girls, though, and I believe it's only tangentially related. I'll probably give it a shot before the second season begins.

Hachitora

This is how the showing for the Houston LL movie looks like
seats got reserved hella fast. I wasn't able to get middle seats, sadly, so I had to settle with the back row.
For anyone who's interested in more idol rhythm gaming, Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage is going to be released for iOS and Android at some point in the indeterminate future (likely around the time the new season starts, but who knows). Japanese-only, for now at least

Thanks for the link. Hope this game is as fun as SIF. I have to get back to the Cindy Girls anime though, I stopped at episode 3 for some reason, lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've only ever watched one episode of Idolmaster, and it just threw characters as me with no introductions and expected me to be entertained. It was boring. I've heard good things about Cinderella Girls, though, and I believe it's only tangentially related. I'll probably give it a shot before the second season begins.
Give it another chance. I knew nothing of it going in and came out being a fan of the series. Yes, episode one kind of throws each character at you, but from the second episode onwards it focuses on a few characters at a time so you can easily get to know each one.

Cinderella Girls slowly introduces each character, but the plot is slightly different in that there is quite a lot of focus on the producer growing as a character with the idols being the way to push him forward whereas iM@S focused more on the idols growth. That comment only really makes sense if you watch them both mind.

And it's no wonder my thread died after two pages if no one watched Cindy Gals. ;___;

Alfebit

Banned

Thanks, signed up. First post here but I've been playing LL casually for a few months now. I already recognize a few of you.

Himemiya

You should watch Idolm@ster simply because it is truly great anime, from ep 3 onwards (that's where I feel the writing begins to match the level of the visuals and production). But the other property that will actually have something to do with this upcoming game I think is probably best experienced by listening to character songs and reading wikis.
Cinderella Girls slowly introduces each character...
Funny.
And it's no wonder my thread died after two pages if no one watched Cindy Gals. ;___;
Maybe I'll back you up this season if deplorable Miku hate gets brought to my attention!

CoinArt

seats got reserved hella fast. I wasn't able to get middle seats, sadly, so I had to settle with the back row.

Oh shit, I'd better get on that. Guess I'll go to San Antonio, since it's slightly closer.

Labrys

I'm not even able to purchase tickets for Utah yet, it only goes as far as August. I hope I can get a good seat, I was able to get pretty decent ones for the Madoka movies.

Top Bottom