• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

CoinArt

And a one-two NozoEli punch to the face!

nxXYW8V.png
UCvUyJz.png

Now for a break.

You know, I'm pretty sure I'm at around 60 pulls from friend points now and have not gotten a single rare. This following my 50 love gem pull that only gave me the single, guaranteed SR. Stupid RNG...

Labrys

solo yolo'd the 3rd year box hoping for a Eli, got this instead:

tumblr_nrirfw3E2d1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

it's my understanding this was an event card, so i guess i have another event card from before i started playing now? (first was pajama kotori)

it's also my understanding event cards have lower appearance rates so i guess i'm stupidly lucky in the worst ways

GoXDS

solo yolo'd the 3rd year box hoping for a Eli, got this instead:

tumblr_nrirfw3E2d1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

it's my understanding this was an event card, so i guess i have another event card from before i started playing now? (first was pajama kotori)

it's also my understanding event cards have lower appearance rates so i guess i'm stupidly lucky in the worst ways

indeed. everything you said is correct. she's from late January of this year. I've been getting too many Nozomi, myself (10 out of 53 SR+) even though she's bottom 3 for me T_T

Labrys

indeed. everything you said is correct. she's from late January of this year. I've been getting too many Nozomi, myself (10 out of 53 SR+) even though she's bottom 3 for me T_T
Nozotan is middle ground for me, my top 2 are Rin and Eli so I aim for them (2 Rin SR 1 Rin UR 1 Eli SR).
The issue I have though is I keep getting Cool cards, 5/10 of my SR/URs are cool...

GoXDS

Caved, bought some stones. Totally worth it.

-> ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

!!!!!

(all my luck in the game, was today):
Hngggggg second pull:

->

Lol, pulling just 2 weeks from update. but damn 2 URs, one of which was a repeat for idolized. nice

elhaym

Lol, pulling just 2 weeks from update. but damn 2 URs, one of which was a repeat for idolized. nice

The way I see it, I pulled for a year in JP without tickets, no problem with it in EN. I get way too much playtime out of this game anyways so I'm all good.

edit: Also, I killed my WoW/FFXI/FFXIV subs, so that money needs to go -somewhere- right??

I'd there an easy way to buy love gems on the Japanese version? I'd like to support the game, but I play the jp version to get reading practice, and having both versions installed eats up too much of my phone memory.

elhaym

I'd there an easy way to buy love gems on the Japanese version? I'd like to support the game, but I play the jp version to get reading practice, and having both versions installed eats up too much of my phone memory.

Which platform? On iOS I needed to set up a separate iTunes account w/ a giftcard instead of a credit card, something like this. I generally use Japan Code Supply to buy my cards. You can get cheaper cards elsewhere probably, but they deliver the codes within like 2 minutes so it's really convenient.

I -think- Android is a PITA because originally you had to use a VPN to create a JP Google Play account or something like that. Someone else could probably answer better.

Which platform? On iOS I needed to set up a separate iTunes account w/ a giftcard instead of a credit card, something like this. I generally use Japan Code Supply to buy my cards. You can get cheaper cards elsewhere probably, but they deliver the codes within like 2 minutes so it's really convenient.

I -think- Android is a PITA because originally you had to use a VPN to create a JP Google Play account or something like that. Someone else could probably answer better.

I'm on Android. And I've worked with VPNs before, so I can deal with that if needed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If Love Live android is anything like Line, then purchases should be region free. I know I bought Japanese stickers with my standard Google account anyway.

fek

On Android I just use my credit card directly, it works just fine
For the app I download the apk, never used a VPN

If Love Live android is anything like Line, then purchases should be region free. I know I bought Japanese stickers with my standard Google account anyway.

On Android I just use my credit card directly, it works just fine
For the app I download the apk, never used a VPN

Thanks! So it's just a matter of figuring out how to get to the right screen, then, since everything outside of the Stories is pretty much an incomprehensible mess of kanji to me still. Is there a visual walkthrough out there somewhere? I tried searching for one yesterday with no luck.

Edit: so, I went and clicked a button and figured it out. I don't know what I was doing before that I could never seem to find the purchase screen, but I have now. Guess I'll be buying some love gems here, soon.

Himemiya

http://i.imgur.com/SOa0s6Zl.png
Should I expect a Prison SchoolxNico-nii crossover when they adapt that one part?

-> ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

!!!!!

Hngggggg second pull:

->
Fuckin' grats!
Thanks! So it's just a matter of figuring out how to get to the right screen, then, since everything outside of the Stories is pretty much an incomprehensible mess of kanji to me still. Is there a visual walkthrough out there somewhere? I tried searching for one yesterday with no luck.
The wiki's always got you.

chrono01

-> ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

!!!!!

Hngggggg second pull:

->
Congrats!

I' been playing since release and still no "legit" UR (only promotional ones). I do have a lot of saved Loveca though. I'm just waiting for the update before I spend them. :/

GoXDS

as confirmation from those that play the JP version, Vouchers are used on a separate page and thus will never have any event/boxes associated with them, right? eg. Cool box during an event or 3rd Years

firehawk12

Subete no aware
as confirmation from those that play the JP version, Vouchers are used on a separate page and thus will never have any event/boxes associated with them, right? eg. Cool box during an event or 3rd Years
The blue tickets? Yeah, they are not related to special boxes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did they patch out the ability to rewatch the event stories? They're still in the JP version strangely enough, but out of the US and TW versions.

elhaym

FYI, in case anyone is going to Otakon:

Saturday, July 25, 2015
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM

Video 3 - HD (BCC Ballroom III-IV)

Love Live Concert Movie Highlight Screening

I'm hearing that it's the 3rd Live. Whatever it is, I'll be there with my Lantis blades, because Amazon.co.jp marketplace sellers won't sell me a 4th or 5th live blade and ship internationally. >.>

Also:

Saturday, July 25, 2015
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM

Panel 6 (Hilton Key 7,9,10)

Love Live: School Idol Panel[F+]
In the recent boom of idol anime, this show mixed the popular school anime with the fun of cute idols. Love Live: School Idol Project is the show that took off with two seasons and a movie, manga and music videos. Come learn how it was created, fan out with the music and realize that Nico is best Love Live... I mean realize why this is a good show. P.S. Nico IS best.

Top Bottom