• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

JoeFu

Banned
ahh the nightmares of this event.....lt was the only event i went all in but thanks to shitty internet i lost like worth of 20 stones in lp and got so many disconnects only to be just out of top 50k. After that i never went for a second sr again. Man a year flies by so fast.

Dang its been a year? I remember talking about that. In the mountains or something right?

Mokoi

Banned
man coinart you could have at least quoted the pics.

whoop whoop first UR
19309391563_55374a2140_b.jpg

m0t0k1

Dang its been a year? I remember talking about that. In the mountains or something right?

Yep a year already i was at the beach in Greece but it was also kinda mountain like since we had to hike down to go to the beach but it was like half a mile to get there so nothing to big or hard but the wifi reception was shitty. At least it had wifi never had that on holiday before. Not counting city trips and stuff.

Wow mokoi killing it with his UR drawing skills!

CoinArt

The watermelon Nozomi in JP was too cute to resist, so I threw some google survey money at her. I didn't get her, of course, but I'm OK with the results (though I feel like I should have drawn a UR with my support tickets by now).

Sayara

Neo Member
Wow Scouting Tickets at the end of the month, time flies when you're waiting for that UR Nico.

tumblr_mxr7w8jir01rpdp04o2_500.gif

Hey!
The other half of that update with removing all the older SRs and URs
Makes me come that much closer to realize I'll never idolize initial Hanayo UR :|

but at least we wont get the same SR Nico Sensei anymore lol.

Anony

really feeling fatigue for this game now,
was planning on getting the event SR but i was tired yesterday and didnt play, and don't feel like playing today too

too much 'grinding'

firehawk12

Subete no aware
really feeling fatigue for this game now,
was planning on getting the event SR but i was tired yesterday and didnt play, and don't feel like playing today too

too much 'grinding'
I kind of wish they did 4x for everything at this point. But that'll never happen.

The other half of that update with removing all the older SRs and URs
Makes me come that much closer to realize I'll never idolize initial Hanayo UR :|

but at least we wont get the same SR Nico Sensei anymore lol.

Wait what? Cards are being removed? Is there a full list somewhere?

Sayara

Neo Member
The reddit thingy has the UR list
https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdol.../information_srur_adjustment_with_new_update/

Its basically any card that is before Jan30 2015's update wont show up in the normal scouting box. So stuff like the initial URs, Santa SRs stuff like that.

They will still be in the special boxes that you can't 10+1 SR scout when that time is around.

Oh cool, I'll have a look.

[Summer Glances]Nico Yazawa/Pure

A968767235CD9AE35F9E8750F556B0FB9865C7AD

[Little Demon Girl]/Nico Yazawa/Smile

tumblr_naj52hB4Jl1sx5vtyo7_500.gif

Those were like the best two non-promo cards in the game, I even have one copy of the Demon girl card as my first UR, it was like fate.
My dreams of an Idolized Nico UR are finaly over...

Sayara

Neo Member
That one isn't as good though.

I guess with the card pool increasing a feature like this is unavoidable, at least I won't be tempted to roll anymore before China Dress Nico arrives.

Theres a positive in this situation for ye after all ! :D

Im pretty discouraged i wont get to idolize the inital Hanayo tho :/

GoXDS

guys, them being removed increases your chances of getting those past UR/SR ._.
as they said, constantly adding new cards made the pool too large, drastically decreasing your chances of new (and old) cards if you're targeting specific cards. do you want 9% chance SR then 1/133 (roughly without newer cards being more likely modifier) chance of getting a specific card or 9% then 1/70?

they're going to have boxes that include theme sets, too, so Sayara, you can just do a Initial UR/SR Box pull and Kenji, you can do an Initual UR/SR Box or August Box pull =P
that should have drastically increased chances compared to before. plus, Vouchers mean higher UR chance. looking at JP ver. history, from Aug 20 on, 10+1 guarantees an SR during the event period

the only downside is now you don't have a chance of going for old AND new *shrug*

CoinArt

Hmm, I was planning to get the Alpaca this EN event, but I think I'm going to be a bit short at this rate. If I get this event's and next's, then I will have a full ten to feed the China Dress Nico that I will inevitably pull, which is Very Important.

Holy crap, I just looked at the the scores of the top people on the Japanese event. First place is ahead of second place by roughly six times as many points as I have total. And I'm not ranked particularly low, either. I'm in the third reward tier, the one just below the one that gives you a single copy of the SR. Do these people do anything with their lives aside from just constantly play and then spend love gems to refill their enormous LP bars? Do they even sleep?

fek

Holy crap, I just looked at the the scores of the top people on the Japanese event. First place is ahead of second place by roughly six times as many points as I have total. And I'm not ranked particularly low, either. I'm in the third reward tier, the one just below the one that gives you a single copy of the SR. Do these people do anything with their lives aside from just constantly play and then spend love gems to refill their enormous LP bars? Do they even sleep?
I remember Kotori no oyatsu, one of the top ranked players in Kotori events saying on twitter that he played 20+ hours a day on events.

I remember Kotori no oyatsu, one of the top ranked players in Kotori events saying on twitter that he played 20+ hours a day on events.

I ran the numbers. As of right now, the top player has 2,347,217 points. This is a Medley Festival, so a triple-expert, SS rank, with the gold purchase that gives you more points, gives you ~1,108 points per run. That means they have made roughly 2,120 runs. At ~6 minutes per run, that's over 200 hours. As this is the 10th day of the event, that's over 20 hours per day.

They are rank 387, which gives them 204 LP. That's three runs before needing a top up. Not accounting for the occasional level up or the handful of extra runs granted by 3 hours of sleep a night, that's about 700 love gems, or over $300 spent on love gems for this event.

I am absolutely baffled why anyone would do this.

GoXDS

I ran the numbers. As of right now, the top player has 2,347,217 points. This is a Medley Festival, so a triple-expert, SS rank, with the gold purchase that gives you more points, gives you ~1,108 points per run. That means they have made roughly 2,120 runs. At ~6 minutes per run, that's over 200 hours. As this is the 10th day of the event, that's over 20 hours per day.

They are rank 387, which gives them 204 LP. That's three runs before needing a top up. Not accounting for the occasional level up or the handful of extra runs granted by 3 hours of sleep a night, that's about 700 love gems, or over $300 spent on love gems for this event.

I am absolutely baffled why anyone would do this.

also keep in mind...most of these people do this TWICE a month

also keep in mind...most of these people do this TWICE a month

Yeah, that ish is crazy.

I thought enduring a couple of hours of Blueberry Train was bad
Bad for my ears tho
but that's insane. I ain't got time for that.

Love my super casul EN server.

GoXDS

Yeah, that ish is crazy.

I thought enduring a couple of hours of Blueberry Train was bad
Bad for my ears tho
but that's insane. I ain't got time for that.

Love my super casul EN server.

EN is also pretty insane, occasionally doing 1m+ in score match. even without considering the extreme, top 10 spend at least $100+ worth in Love Gems every event.
oh also 700 Love Gems = ~8 batches of 86 at $50 a pop, so that's >$400, not $300 T_T

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoa, are they actually going to give support tickets for previous /20 levels? I assumed leveled folks would be SOL, so that's great.
Yeah, that's how it worked in the Japanese version - it was retroactive.

So, I'm saving my crazy draws for the US version to try to be around whenever everyone here decides to do a mass draw together, but I wanted to go crazy in the TW version since I have 22 scout tickets (going to save the loveca for Nico or maybe someone else depending on how it all goes). That neatly works out to be 2 10+1 draws, and surprisingly I got the same "rates" doing solo draws as you would with the guaranteed SR. Here are my notable drops:

r6JeUial.jpg

SoPzkPJl.jpg

7SZXYYll.jpg

3qrJ0gPl.jpg

I was shocked when I saw that UR anyway, because I know that means I will be cursed in the EN version. lol
(I think the score based URs are kind of pointless though... would much rather have the combo saving ones, or in a pinch the healing ones for the upcoming medley events).

GoXDS

Yeah, that's how it worked in the Japanese version - it was retroactive.

So, I'm saving my crazy draws for the US version to try to be around whenever everyone here decides to do a mass draw together, but I wanted to go crazy in the TW version since I have 22 scout tickets (going to save the loveca for Nico or maybe someone else depending on how it all goes). That neatly works out to be 2 10+1 draws, and surprisingly I got the same "rates" doing solo draws as you would with the guaranteed SR. Here are my notable drops:

r6JeUial.jpg

SoPzkPJl.jpg

7SZXYYll.jpg

3qrJ0gPl.jpg

I was shocked when I saw that UR anyway, because I know that means I will be cursed in the EN version. lol
(I think the score based URs are kind of pointless though... would much rather have the combo saving ones, or in a pinch the healing ones for the upcoming medley events).

congratz on the UR! you probably got a little above average, getting 4 cards in all.
and eh, pt UR are good for Score match and for ranking in Event Songs during Token. and in general, the only "dangerous" EX are the daily ones. but ofc, can't go wrong with Perfect Makers. my only 2 non-promo URs are Perfect Makers ^^

Top Bottom