• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

firehawk12

Subete no aware
congratz on the UR! you probably got a little above average, getting 4 cards in all.
and eh, pt UR are good for Score match and for ranking in Event Songs during Token. and in general, the only "dangerous" EX are the daily ones. but ofc, can't go wrong with Perfect Makers. my only 2 non-promo URs are Perfect Makers ^^
Once in a while I'll get thrown off in a Medley, so it's nice that I have healers on all three teams for the times that it happens. Given the randomness of the rewards (since a gold box can be literally anything) I haven't really felt the need to concentrate as much as I probably should for those. But yeah, shouldn't really complain since the real advantage is the score boost center skill anyway.

I imagine that players will grind in the imas game that's going to come out. Although I wonder if the spinoff girls are as popular as the mainline ones.

fek

I watched the movie today. Not going to say anything, I went blind myself, but I enjoyed it a lot. Too bad they aren't giving any bonus here anymore, I'd like those message cards

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I imagine that players will grind in the imas game that's going to come out. Although I wonder if the spinoff girls are as popular as the mainline ones.
Well iM@S at least made the non main cast girls viable to use in their games and when it came to having another anime show they used them rather than casting them aside and making a bunch of new characters. So yeah, they've developed a fairly decent following, Also it seems that LL Knockoff is heavily Cinderella Girls anime focused so the 765 girls may not even appear so that gives them a chance not to be overshadowed. Heck, Cindy Gals outside the core anime group may not appear!

Basically Love Live Committee's handling of the normies is awful and a massive missed opportunity.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well iM@S at least made the non main cast girls viable to use in their games and when it came to having another anime show they used them rather than casting them aside and making a bunch of new characters. So yeah, they've developed a fairly decent following, Also it seems that LL Knockoff is heavily Cinderella Girls anime focused so the 765 girls may not even appear so that gives them a chance not to be overshadowed. Heck, Cindy Gals outside the core anime group may not appear!

Basically Love Live Committee's handling of the normies is awful and a massive missed opportunity.
To be fair, the Love Live game's characters are so strange that I don't know if you could actually do a show about them. They really come off as designed by an artist first, and then whoever writes those short lines for them has to come up with a reason why they're even there. lol

elhaym

I haven't even bought any loveca this round, and this account is quickly becoming washi washi max account. I am now 1/9 for ticket draws. (8x JP)

CLPnEw2WsAAzRtH.jpg

edit: Meanwhile, JP account is doing its usual thing:

Marche90

Oh brother. Spent a lot of loveca this event and STILL didn't got the second SR. My calculations were wrong by 2k, wasn't expecting the event to be this popular

OTL

Sometimes I really hate this game lol

Oh brother. Spent a lot of loveca this event and STILL didn't got the second SR. My calculations were wrong by 2k, wasn't expecting the event to be this popular

OTL

I've been there. Only I was off by like 40 points.

I wanted to uninstall the game so badly.

Yaari

Got that McDonalds Honkers SR. I really hoped I'd get a UR because I'm tired of Nico and Umi.

Worst might be missing out on Eli UR because I didn't log in enough. I did not play much the past months and I just messed up with it. Bleh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

OTL

I've been there. Only I was off by like 40 points.

I wanted to uninstall the game so badly.
Wow, yikes. I had that happen in the TW version, but never spent money and missed the mark. Sorry bros.

Got 8 Coupons, 2 Scouting tickets and 77 Love Gems. Hopefully some good stuff.

That said, I have a $50 iTunes gift card if anyone wants to trade for an Google Play card, would like to buy some more Gems.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^
You know, what they should do is make Love Live amiibos, and you have to tap them to your phone to get the character's power. BUT to make it like a draw, each one costs 50 dollars and only 1% of all of them in the world are URs. lol

CoinArt

Ah, thanks. It looks like it's all of them, from oldest to most recent. I wait for China Dress Nico, then. Looks like it's going to be four 11-pulls and two coupon pulls.

CoinArt

Hmm, they took more liberties with the translation for the story update this time. I like it, it's a lot more fun and has much more character.

Maki said:
I shan't disappoint.
Honoka said:
Oh my gosh. Kotori's shop. Multicolored. Chocolate-covered. BANANAS.
Honoka said:
Gimme gimme gimme gimme GIMME!
Honoka said:
No need to talk, just take my money!
Kotori said:
I am SO in.
Rin said:
Holy smokes, look at that line!
Hanayo said:
Clearly Nozomi's powers are not to be trifled with.

And a ton of little native english-sounding turns of phrase besides. It's a proper professional localization, whereas before it felt more like a fan translation.

Labrys

I pulled China Dress Eli and Wedding Nico, and I also managed another cool R Eli so I have her idolized now.
I wish it was China Dress Rin instead of wedding nico, but I won't be stinky about it.

PK Gaming

Hmm, they took more liberties with the translation for the story update this time. I like it, it's a lot more fun and has much more character.

And a ton of little native english-sounding turns of phrase besides. It's a proper professional localization, whereas before it felt more like a fan translation.

Yeah, I always love it when the localizers take liberties and a add a bit of energy to the script. That's why i'm suuuuper stocked for the anime dub, because you know they're going to add a ton.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So how many more Petite sets do you think we'll see. Including the Vita game that one marks the fifth set. I'm sure they'll move on to Sunshine petites at some point to try and push the new girls.

m0t0k1

As promised time for my despair draw.......

First draw...
OMG YESSS!! Its been almost a year since i had my last UR. All my UR draws have been in august. So its my lucky month maybe? On to the next draw......

507599hjvn.png

Back to minimum wage again for the rest of the year........

But overall i am very very happy that i got an ur again :D
Nozomi_smile_ur531.jpg

Kikirin

I also got a China Dress Eli from my 10+1! Unfortunately the Rares mostly weren't new or contributed to idolizes - it's far too early in my SiF career to be getting these sorts of draws. T_T

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoops, forgot to take pictures, but I got two SR Rins and one SR Hanayo from 17 tickets and a blue scout voucher... A massive downgrade from the 3 URs and 3 SRs I got from the Taiwan mega draw. lol

fek

Just got back to the hotel after attending to the Hokkaido Fan Meeting Tour. Pretty crazy experience overall, I took a flight to Hokkaido early in the morning and then came back to Tokyo now. Here's my experience of the event:

I got to Nitori Bunka Hall around 11 am, 2 hours before the doors open. There were some people waiting already, the sun was pretty cruel though so I waited in a different place
Goods on sale actually pretty disappointing, mostly cds and bds, I was hoping to buy a T-shirt.
On the entrance there were some boxes where you could put presents to each seiyuu. I didn't know about this or I would have brought something. This event had Pile (Maki), Emitsun (Honoka), Ucchi (Kotori) and Mimorin (Umi).
There were also some arrange of flowers from people from Sunrise, Lantis, and others in celebration of the event.
So I went to my seat and it was actually in a very nice position, pretty close to the stage. Before the event started they were playing songs in low volume and when Music START started playing, a Maki fan standed up and started dancing and doings the calls with some "Maki-chan! Maki-chan!" in between. In the interlude he made up some lyrics saying how Maki was cute and that he loved her. Everyone applauded.

The event started with Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life and they were wearing their school uniforms. During their introductions "Nitori Bunka Hall" quickly turned into "Kotori Bunka Hall" and during Mimorin's introduction it seems some bugs invaded the stage and they tried to get rid of them.
Honoka's birthday is coming so everyone turned their light sticks to orange and Emitsun blowed around like birthday candles and we would turn it off.

After that the talk part started. It's similar to what we see in the live stream programs.
First corner was reading letters that people that were attending wrote to them. Mostly questions related to Hokkaido, like if they had ever visited before and what they would like to see there. Edit: Remembered about 2 different questions. One asked about particular lines they thought was hard or that left a big impression when working in the movie. Another question was if they used to leave their summer homework for the last minute. The general answer here was yes.

Second corner they had to interpret Kotori in a situation where she had to wake up a boy that studied until late night. This might sound strange but there's actually a lot of these kind of "interpret a character interacting with a boy" in the old KotoHonoUmi and KotoHonoMaki livestream programs.
First time Emitsun was Kotori and the others were interpreting other girls to support the situation. In the end they ignored the boy part and Kotori was trying to wake up Honoka.
Second time Mimorin was Kotori and she tried to wake up the first year girls.
After that Ucchi got to read a script written by Sakurako for this situation.

Third corner was a quiz. It's a competition between the different places where the Fan Meeting is being held, they keep the scores of each place.
2 questions about Hokkaido and 2 questions about the series in general. One of the questions was which character is holding hands with Kotori in the Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari single jacket. Some dude had 3 copies of the cd in hand and Emitsun jumped off the stage to look at the cd jacket closer to him. That was craziest part IMO.
After that they did the same pose from cd but showed that maybe Umi and Kotori could be holding hands from behind Honoka as well, lol.
In the end Hokkaido got the most points in the quiz so far, so I'm glad I was a part of that.

After that a small break before the live part so they showed a video with songs that represents Hokkaido in the opinion of each member and their comment.

The live part started with Susume Tomorrow and then moved to solo songs: Silent tonight (Pile sang it solo. Everyone was expecting Daring!! so I heard disappointment from some people after the show), Some day of my life, Blueberry Train (the hype was real in this one) and Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana.
After that it was Mi wa μ’sic no Mi, probably the song that represents these Fan Meeting Tour events the most, since they are singing it every time and they ask everyone to do the coreography together. They did show the coreography before in one of the NozoHono Variety Box episodes (here).
And after that the encore was Kitto Seishun.

And that was it. It lasted about 2 hours and I had a lot of fun. Seriously considering going to the 6th live now, I don't want to miss these opportunities.

Here are some pictures:

This is from Shinjuku Piccadilly, they went there in the NozoHono Variety box (here) to sign some posters so I went there to check. Also tried out the same Churritos they did:

This one was in Sapporo Cinema Frontier, they went there in NozoHono too (here) so I decided to check it before going to the event:

And here are a few from the event:

Just got back to the hotel after attending to the Hokkaido Fan Meeting Tour. Pretty crazy experience overall, I took a flight to Hokkaido early in the morning and then came back to Tokyo now. Here's my experience of the event:

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Certainly sounds more successful than the first Love Live London con, which consisted of just me in a warehouse with a jukebox playing LL songs.

Hachitora

I pulled the initial Nico UR with my vouchers... Anyone wanna trade? Lol
Also, those movie Nendos 0_0 Shit, I want all of them... Though I'll probably just end up getting the Rin, Maki, and Nozomi ones (who are coincidentally the ones who I bought those initial nendos of)

Marche90

Why does everyone seems to be getting a UR from scouting tickets? orz

Not that I can complain a lot, tbh. Got Chinese-dress Eli SR and got a second one using loveca, so I managed to idolize her in one go.

Anyway, after this week's shenanigans, I decided to take a break from the game (again lol). I'll still login in case that something important happens, like a birthday or free loveca events, but otherwise I'm out for at least August.

GoXDS

Why does everyone seems to be getting a UR from scouting tickets? orz

Not that I can complain a lot, tbh. Got Chinese-dress Eli SR and got a second one using loveca, so I managed to idolize her in one go.

Anyway, after this week's shenanigans, I decided to take a break from the game (again lol). I'll still login in case that something important happens, like a birthday or free loveca events, but otherwise I'm out for at least August.

well, guess that was a short break ;D Honoka's bday today
but yea, the Voucher 20% UR too good

Top Bottom