• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

CoinArt

I've been without internet on my PC the past couple weeks, but I somehow sense that Nico has been maligned. I shall correct this injustice.

Crescent-

I might actually play EN again if this update fixes the messed up timing, and I have 300+ love gems saved (for Seven Lucky Gods Eli actually), though I'll probably save it for a new year's draw if there's one. Gonna try and save around 100 love gems in JP in the meantime.

Oh and maintenance's over on EN if anyone's wondering. This fullscreen game and screen rotation is godly, wonder why JP didn't get this update before.

Crescent-

what do those things do?

Umm the game just runs on fullscreen now, which is nice since JP still has those black bars on the side.
And screen rotation is just another extra feature I guess, like if I'm playing while the phone is charged sometimes I would want to play with the charger socket on the right or left side of my phone depending on where the power plug is, since my phone charger cable isn't that long, which isn't possible before.

EDIT; All right, seems timing issues are finally fixed, my perfect:great ratio is back to normal. Oh and 6 free love gems as compensation!

GoXDS

Umm the game just runs on fullscreen now, which is nice since JP still has those black bars on the side.
And screen rotation is just another extra feature I guess, like if I'm playing while the phone is charged sometimes I would want to play with the charger socket on the right or left side of my phone depending on where the power plug is, since my phone charger cable isn't that long, which isn't possible before.

oh, so both features were irrelevant to me. my 4S was small enough to never have those bars and I could always flip the screen. that's what I thought it meant but I already had those so I thought it might be something different

EDIT: oh shit, normies in my present box don't expire anymore!

chrono01

6 Love Gems. That compensation! Also, medley festival! \o/

I have 80 Love Gems, so I'll be doing a Christmas/New Year's pull with you all. It should be fun!

tenton

EN version is now superior because of this.

I dunno about that. Interface on the iPad looks amateurish now that the icons aren't flush with the bottom.

22966090224_c92d90bed0_b.jpg

Clearing away stuff in the cache to make more room for the new update. I suppose this is what they call Idol Hell.

But on the other hand, my lazy ass was able to immediately begin using the screen rotation so I could flip the screen while the phone was still on the charger. Hooray!

I do have blue coupons saved up. I could do a Coupon pull with everyone else on Christmas/New Years.

EDIT: Double Post, how embarrassing. :O

Wow, a 6 Gem compensation for a delay of a few hours?! You guys made KLab sound like Scrooges with compensation.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my new team slots. I had a Healer team that I never really used and a team focused on bonding (mostly for Normals) but now I guess it's time to make a Perfect Lock team and something else.

Thank you Klab. You are safe from criticism for a small bit.

Fullscreen still looks like shit on my tablet, but whatevs. Thanks for the gems.
Wow, a 6 Gem compensation for a delay of a few hours?! You guys made KLab sound like Scrooges with compensation.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my new team slots. I had a Healer team that I never really used and a team focused on bonding (mostly for Normals) but now I guess it's time to make a Perfect Lock team and something else.

Waifu team.

W-00

Hm, update seems to have resulted in a reduced framerate on my tablet (Galaxy Tab 4). And I'm still getting random drops on the held notes. Oh well, still playable.

With the Medley event finally coming up, do our players of the JP version have any particular tips for it?

sakuori

Might join in New Years draw if I still have any love gems after MedFes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyone experiencing a crash if they try to view their Activity feed? It was fine earlier but when I checked during Lunch it always crashes while connecting.

Hachitora

With the Medley event finally coming up, do our players of the JP version have any particular tips for it?

I just spammed medleys. I think at the time the medley came up, I had 60 max LP (or somewhere around that), and a full expert medley cost 60 LP. So I could spam medleys and not worry about wasting any loveca while doing so. Even if you have 70 or something it's still kinda efficient to spam medleys

Also, with the fullscreen update, anyone else having this problem? (Not my screenshot. I would post my own if it wasn't such a hassle for me lol)

Edit: I can read. I see tenton's got it like that too. It bothers me to no end lol

CoinArt

I'll join for a new year's day pull. Definitely in JP, probably in EN, though I might have to throw a few google survey bucks at it to hit 50.

Labrys

Wow, there's really no Nico story. It better come after the Medley festival or screw this game.

It would make sense to move it after the medley festival, since the Japanese schedule goes Medley Festival -> Token Event -> Score Match -> Medley Festival.

Also it would be weird adding the event story section to the story tab and always be missing one, heh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would make sense to move it after the medley festival, since the Japanese schedule goes Medley Festival -> Token Event -> Score Match -> Medley Festival.

Also it would be weird adding the event story section to the story tab and always be missing one, heh.
Which means it will be out of sync forever? Oh well. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, after the nico event if they do the Hanayo medley festival we should be back on track.

Maki -> Nico -> Kotori -> Hanayo

Kotori -> Maki -> Nico -> Hanayo
Nico deserves better treatment!
I suppose I see the point though... but then again, I'm also wondering why Klab didn't push 3.1 on the english version yet.

Nico deserves better treatment!
I suppose I see the point though... but then again, I'm also wondering why Klab didn't push 3.1 on the english version yet.

Nico could have her shit skipped over for the good of all.

Lucky she's falling during Christmas time. Good time as any to take a break.

tenton

I'm also wondering why Klab didn't push 3.1 on the english version yet.

I'm also wondering why. This update is more of an update than what JP got around the the time Medley Fest showed up (and some updates that JP doesn't have like fullscreen); the icons for idolized, max bond and max level are very appreciated and will let me pare down my Ns because I'll know which ones I've taken care of already. They should just push the latest versions and run the events off the latest versions, so there's just one code base. But I'm not KLabs, so...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm also wondering why. This update is more of an update than what JP got around the the time Medley Fest showed up (and some updates that JP doesn't have like fullscreen); the icons for idolized, max bond and max level are very appreciated and will let me pare down my Ns because I'll know which ones I've taken care of already. They should just push the latest versions and run the events off the latest versions, so there's just one code base. But I'm not KLabs, so...
Maybe they're afraid to break something, but even 3.0 would be fine.
Otherwise, maybe they don't want to give everyone 30/31 free loveca a month until the game is older.

Crescent-

Hm, update seems to have resulted in a reduced framerate on my tablet (Galaxy Tab 4). And I'm still getting random drops on the held notes. Oh well, still playable.

You can postpone (or save) playing a medley by force closing the app during team selection. So if you need to be at school or somewhere just open the app, choose a medley diificulty, then force close after the LP is used, and you can play the medley later (your LP keeps charging) so no LP is wasted.

Also using the reward upgrade chance is not recommended, not really worth it. I'd recommend using the event points boost power up instead, if you got the gold for it (costs 10k gold)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can postpone (or save) playing a medley by force closing the app during team selection. So if you need to be at school or somewhere just open the app, choose a medley diificulty, then force close after the LP is used, and you can play the medley later (your LP keeps charging) so no LP is wasted.

Also using the reward upgrade chance is not recommended, not really worth it. I'd recommend using the event points boost power up instead, if you got the gold for it (costs 10k gold)
Yeah, I've been using the bonus chance thing for every play in the JP event right now and got nothing. I have no idea how much it increases though, but I got better drops without using it than with using it.

Crescent-

Yeah, I've been using the bonus chance thing for every play in the JP event right now and got nothing. I have no idea how much it increases though, but I got better drops without using it than with using it.

I think if you FC a medley the chances for a gold drop increases? Not really sure, but last medley I got 4 gold drops, all when I FC a 3-song EX medley.

Or maybe that's just my luck, who knows

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think if you FC a medley the chances for a gold drop increases? Not really sure, but last medley I got 4 gold drops, all when I FC a 3-song EX medley.

I dunno, I've gotten a lot of "good" drops from bad playing. I usually can't concentrate enough to get a FC during the entire medley. lol

I feel like I had more luck during the first events than during the recent ones though.

tenton

I get tons of gold drops regardless.

I usually go event points +10% and Perfect Support and play 3 song EX medleys. Perfect support is there so I mostly guarantee a C combo or better (which requires playing about one song perfectly). Some also add in XP +10% to try to gain levels faster.

Be prepared for an avalanche of alpacas. JP event, I've gotten 6, and the event reward one looming over the horizon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have 46 loveca. What's a easy way to get four more gems before the XMas/NY pull? May as well join in one final time.

I suppose this new event can get some from minimum participation prizes.

chrono01

Man. And I thought I had a lot with 30 million.
Yeah, it all adds up when you really don't have a use for it [aside from leveling units which is extremely cheap]. To be honest, when I looked at how much I've earned it surprised me too, I had no idea it was that much.

tenton

I have 46 loveca. What's a easy way to get four more gems before the XMas/NY pull? May as well join in one final time.

I suppose this new event can get some from minimum participation prizes.

Shoot, S rank a 3 song EX medley, that's one stone already. I'm sure there's some more stones in the daily login bonus.

Top Bottom