• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

I can't believe I failed my first Medley (on hard). Granted, 2 of the songs were new to me, but still. This is going to be a rough event. Oogh...

And I really want the Maki card. I'm not as much on the waifu train here but I do like Maki and I have no SRs of her. I'm gonna need to git gud. I've been spending a ton of gold on Max Leveling normies for the sake of satiating my OCD side with the journal too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. That hideous green title screen is too much.

It somehow manages to be even worse than Nico and Aqours combined!
Pffffff.

I can't believe I failed my first Medley (on hard). Granted, 2 of the songs were new to me, but still. This is going to be a rough event. Oogh...

And I really want the Maki card. I'm not as much on the waifu train here but I do like Maki and I have no SRs of her. I'm gonna need to git gud. I've been spending a ton of gold on Max Leveling normies for the sake of satiating my OCD side with the journal too.
Did you buy the assists? The score one will let you bring weaker healers and the healing one is obvious. I just lost 60 stamina because my phone froze and when it unfroze I failed, so rip.

---

Oh yeah, I got a UR!!!! Too bad it's in the wrong Klab game:
bp2IP6yl.jpg

(The Eli of Glee. No one remembers her because she's the most boring.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jeez. That UR is horrendous. That game any fun, I remember I considered trying it, but never did.
The game itself is exactly the same as Love Live. The major difference is that lower difficulty has fewer "idols" (so very easy songs only have 5 notes to track, while the harder songs have 9 like they do in Love Live) and there are multicoloured songs, so you need SRs and URs, which are the only characters that have multiple colours, to be able to score well.

I haven't played in a while either though. The grinding got too much for me to carry yet another game. Particularly one where it was impossible to get a SR during events.

Anony

i fucked up, went expert on 2 songs right after i woke up and failed it.
do you play 2 songs in a row if u select that?
i honestly have no clue what i'm doing, should i select everything for using the gold?

40 lp wasted, rip

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i fucked up, went expert on 2 songs right after i woke up and failed it.
do you play 2 songs in a row if u select that?
i honestly have no clue what i'm doing, should i select everything for using the gold?

40 lp wasted, rip
Yeah, you play 2 songs in a row. If you fail after the first song, you do get some points though. But it's like failing a score match song in that you get little score.

sakuori

Hit 10k mark for Medley. This is tiring.

Sana Tetsuya said:
It has been announced that µ’s final live will be a 2-day concert in Tokyo Dome (3/31, 4/1)

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/sp_finallive.html

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151205-00000027-tospoweb-ent\

A Dome concert for 2 days, what kind of artists can fill this up? This is truly a remarkable thing. (Klab has this game called “School Festival” that is licensed under Love Live! However, we are not involved in such events and others.)

Moreover, it seems that this has been hinted in the movie of the anime as well.

However, it seems that µ’s overlaps as well, even in reality, as idols. They call these “2.5D” However, this time, they are staying true to the story, being realistic to the anime. Love Live!’s theme is “The Story of Granting Everyone’s Wishes” and by all means, Tokyo Dome is, everyone in µ’s, the people involved in it, and each love liver’s wish come true story. We want to pray for its success as well as bless everyone.

Klab’s School Festival has been home to over 20 Million Players Worldwide, and is still growing.

Although µ’s would release their final single on 3/2/2016, at the same time, School Festival will still have new contents to be added, as well as to answer to every user’s expectation and to let the game grow bigger.

This was translated by Seiyuuri, I'm not sure if I can link it... so there.

Original Facebook post

tenton

The game itself is exactly the same as Love Live. The major difference is that lower difficulty has fewer "idols" (so very easy songs only have 5 notes to track, while the harder songs have 9 like they do in Love Live) and there are multicoloured songs, so you need SRs and URs, which are the only characters that have multiple colours, to be able to score well.

I haven't played in a while either though. The grinding got too much for me to carry yet another game. Particularly one where it was impossible to get a SR during events.

I stop being semi serious about it when I full comboed the new harder difficulty songs and didn't come close to not failing. Not that I have remarkable cards, but I have several stage upped SRs and fully stage upped Rs. Shouldn't fail songs if you full combo them under those scenarios.

The Glee system works a little different with the cards; Rs can be stage upped (i.e. idolized) once and SRs twice. URs I'm going to be can be stage upped 3; never got even one, so...

The other thing that drove me off from really spending a whole lot of time with it is the max tickets (the LP in the game) is just 15. It doesn't go up, it's just...15. It's like KLabs America didn't understand what made people want to continue to play LLSIF and throw money at the game and just tried to be different in key ways for the sake of being different. I'd probably would have been more inclined to spend a little money and play more if the system seemed more fair...or hell, clone LLSIF completely.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Staying true to the story? I guess the concert will end with
a one million cgi puppets dancing in harmony
. <---- movie spoilers

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I stop being semi serious about it when I full comboed the new harder difficulty songs and didn't come close to not failing. Not that I have remarkable cards, but I have several stage upped SRs and fully stage upped Rs. Shouldn't fail songs if you full combo them under those scenarios.

The Glee system works a little different with the cards; Rs can be stage upped (i.e. idolized) once and SRs twice. URs I'm going to be can be stage upped 3; never got even one, so...

The other thing that drove me off from really spending a whole lot of time with it is the max tickets (the LP in the game) is just 15. It doesn't go up, it's just...15. It's like KLabs America didn't understand what made people want to continue to play LLSIF and throw money at the game and just tried to be different in key ways for the sake of being different. I'd probably would have been more inclined to spend a little money and play more if the system seemed more fair...or hell, clone LLSIF completely.
Hah, I didn't know anyone else here played it.
Yeah, you can full combo songs and still fail because you don't have the right cards. It's crazy. The LP thing capping at 15 is strange too, but I don't know if that's compensated by the levelling requirements being lower or not. Either way, they want you to either take lots of breaks and constantly check with the game or you to spend money.

That said I wonder how much of the audience play Love Live... I imagine that the game is more aimed at Glee fans, and maybe they don't care because they get to hear the song they like and then move on after spending 5 minutes with the game a day.

The way they sell coins and cards is crazy too. Imagine if you could buy a guaranteed Honkers SR any time you wanted to. If Klab implemented that system in LL (say 15-20 loveca for a real SR, better than the ones you can trade tokens for), people would go crazy.

tenton

Hah, I didn't know anyone else here played it.
Yeah, you can full combo songs and still fail because you don't have the right cards. It's crazy. The LP thing capping at 15 is strange too, but I don't know if that's compensated by the levelling requirements being lower or not. Either way, they want you to either take lots of breaks and constantly check with the game or you to spend money.

That said I wonder how much of the audience play Love Live... I imagine that the game is more aimed at Glee fans, and maybe they don't care because they get to hear the song they like and then move on after spending 5 minutes with the game a day.

Honestly, the game was so late that I think it missed its chance at its audience; the game should have (and seemingly was slated) to come out at LEAST a year before it did...you know, while Glee was still running.

And most of the Glee songs are cover songs, so really, I think the audience they were hoping for was Glee fans and people who just liked the songs that were sung on the show. We'll see if it has any lasting power. I'm sure they'd like to keep the LLSIF money train rolling (since they were about to die before that came upon them), but they know it could dwindle down since µ's is disbanding, so they'd better find another revenue source before the well dries up a little.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, the game was so late that I think it missed its chance at its audience; the game should have (and seemingly was slated) to come out at LEAST a year before it did...you know, while Glee was still running.

And most of the Glee songs are cover songs, so really, I think the audience they were hoping for was Glee fans and people who just liked the songs that were sung on the show. We'll see if it has any lasting power. I'm sure they'd like to keep the LLSIF money train rolling (since they were about to die before that came upon them), but they know it could dwindle down since µ's is disbanding, so they'd better find another revenue source before the well dries up a little.

People watch Glee for their covers, so that's not a problem. lol
The delay was crazy though. It should have launched right after the finale... instead it just came out randomly in the summer.
I wonder if Fox has any say in how they monetize the game though, or if they are in charge of it completely.

And don't worry, Aquors will keep them alive for another 5 years.

GoXDS

ugh I need to be more consistent. first 2 3EX I got A/0 then got S/A and used no Perfect locks (missed 11th last note on an easy song...), then S/S T_T
also, you weren't kidding with the Alpaca

Hachitora

Time to start Maki medley. Entering hell itself.

Btw, anyone know if SIF works with the newest iOS update thing? I've kept on iOS8 cuz I wasn't sure if SIF would self-destruct on iOS9

I did 2 more medleys, and got a B and an A on 3 song Hard combos. I wonder if it'd be more economical to do Normal medleys and probably get consistant S ranks on them.

elhaym

TIMING IS FIXED. HALLELUJAH.

I was just cursing that this current JP medley started me out with Spicaterrible, but then I got a perfect lock friend assist. Great! Oh, it's only 1 charge. Well, fuck, whatever. I flat out missed 1 note in the entire song, which the assist doesn't help with, and ended the song with that charge still there.

GDI.

Btw, anyone know if SIF works with the newest iOS update thing? I've kept on iOS8 cuz I wasn't sure if SIF would self-destruct on iOS9

On my iPhone 6S+ (Which came with iOS9) it worked great from the start. When I updated my iPad Air 2 from 8.whatever to 9, it basically blew up and multitouch didn't trigger properly at all. I lucked out and was able to downgrade it at the time, and I'm ignoring the OS updates for now.

Hachitora

I'm on iOS9 and haven't had an issue.

On my iPhone 6S+ (Which came with iOS9) it worked great from the start. When I updated my iPad Air 2 from 8.whatever to 9, it basically blew up and multitouch didn't trigger properly at all. I lucked out and was able to downgrade it at the time, and I'm ignoring the OS updates for now.
Hm, guessing you use an iphone, Chrono? From what elhaym says, I might have to wait a bit till Klab fixes whatever's going on with ios9 on iPad Air 2 since that's what I've got

GoXDS

Azuran

Banned
I decided to drop my EN game for now. Xenoblade and finals getting in the way played a role but I also can't stand my teams and the non-existence sense of progression. Anyways, JP is all I need to get my daily SIF fix.

chrono01

is it worth it to spend 100k G to get that 20% inc for rare rewards?
I've read that it's not worth it at all. Supposedly it rarely works if ever. Better to spend the gold on something else.

I decided to drop my EN game for now. Xenoblade and finals getting in the way played a role but I also can't stand my teams and the non-existence sense of progression. Anyways, JP is all I need to get my daily SIF fix.
As long as you still get your SIF enjoyment, that's all that matters. d(^_^)v

GoXDS

is it worth it to spend 100k G to get that 20% inc for rare rewards?

yea, as chrono mentioned, the people that played the JP version find it a waste of money. though if you're like me with over 44m (or chrono with over 56m...), I'll use it regardless.

EDIT: huh... they made the Limited Scouting the default page now instead of regular scouting. that's a tad annoying to collect the daily freebie...

Hachitora

Yeah, we dropped the increase reward thing almost immediately after trying it. It gives you like nothing useful anyway, just a waste of moolah. I usually just use the exp up and event point bonuses

GoXDS

Yeah, we dropped the increase reward thing almost immediately after trying it. It gives you like nothing useful anyway, just a waste of moolah. I usually just use the exp up and event point bonuses

is the exp up even worth it for high ranked players? 10% of 3 EX is ~25 exp. I expect to play about 60 sets per Medley Event (that's ~12 Love Gems used) so I'm getting only 1500 exp per Medley event, which isn't much compare to my 5581 required to lvl up. even for low lvl players, it's only ~900 exp for 9 day Medley events (0 Gems used and excluding lvl ups, which is only going to to mean another ~25+ exp per lvl up anways). a Lvl 50 needs 1172 exp to lvl up so using that perk the whole event still isn't a full lvl up. ofc, this is all assuming EX. it's worth even less on Hard

firehawk12

Subete no aware
is the exp up even worth it for high ranked players? 10% of 3 EX is ~25 exp. I expect to play about 60 sets per Medley Event (that's ~12 Love Gems used) so I'm getting only 1500 exp per Medley event, which isn't much compare to my 5581 required to lvl up. even for low lvl players, it's only ~900 exp for 9 day Medley events (0 Gems used and excluding lvl ups, which is only going to to mean another ~25+ exp per lvl up anways)
What are you going to use the gold for anyway though? lol

The rewards are bad because the only ones worth getting are insanely rare - the SR feeders. I've only gotten one of each colour after all this time playing the JP version. But a free skill up to an SR is not bad.

Hachitora

is the exp up even worth it for high ranked players? 10% of 3 EX is ~25 exp. I expect to play about 60 sets per Medley Event (that's ~12 Love Gems used) so I'm getting only 1500 exp per Medley event, which isn't much compare to my 5581 required to lvl up

I'm actually not sure if it's worth it, never did the math on it. Dunno how much exp I needed to lvl up back then (Going through the thread from a year ago, I didn't post any screenshots that had my level at that time), though it sounds like it's not worth it anymore at my level. Looks like it's just event point bonus from now on

Edit: Yeah, what firehawk said lol. Have a crapton of gold anyway that it wouldn't hurt all that much to spend 30k on exp up. 100k for reward up isn't all that worth tho since you get crap anyway

GoXDS

Mmm... I guess if you're not throwing it on Rewards bonus, sure. I have enough G to get the Rewards/Event pts/Perfect Lock bonuses for 4 Medley events (so half a year before I go broke) so I guess it doesn't matter if it isn't worth it. I'll consider using it.

on the flip though, by same reasoning, even if Rewards Bonus isn't worth the G, why not get it regardless?

Hachitora

on the flip though, by same reasoning, even if Rewards Bonus isn't worth the G, why not get it regardless?

For me, I don't like doing that because spending the additional 100k feels like I'm wasting way more than just the 40k from event point+exp. Sure, i've got the G to do it, but I don't like seeing my numbers jump down that fast :p

GoXDS

it's amusing how tight for G we are just starting out because of all the N that we have to lvl while late game we just have way too much G that we have no clue what to do with XD

Hachitora

it's amusing how tight for G we are just starting out because of all the N that we have to lvl while late game we just have way too much G that we have no clue what to do with XD

Haha, I remember those days where I had to sell off so many idols just to get enough G to lvl up my Rs. Also the days when I had Rs on my teams lel

GoXDS

Pure medleys annoy the f outta me because I have two Umis on my team and they say "Yarimashita!" Every three seconds help me

but it's Umi! better than my Hanayo that says "tasukete" in the most annoying way possible T_T change order to move Umi to the right as much as possible and it'll lower the chances

Azuran

Banned
but it's Umi! better than my Hanayo that says "tasukete" in the most annoying way possible T_T change order to move Umi to the right as much as possible and it'll lower the chances

Still not as bad as me hearing "Nico Nico Nii!" every 5 seconds. That's the downside of only doing Bibi draws.

chrono01

For the medley, I normally go with Expert/3-Song and for my bonuses:

- Events Points
- Score Up
- Full Support

Total cost is 85,000 gold.

Monthly reminder:

DWGbXd5.jpg

Fall 2016 (sometime in week 37-39)
Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

I'm planning another group trip to Japan next year. Maybe you want to join?

We'll be going sometime during late September so we can visit Tokyo Game Show 2016.

Most likely going for close to 2 weeks. 1 week in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

You need to co-ordinate with the others that are going and order the flight yourself. I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price. If we get a hostel room we will get a private room for our group, but with shared bathrooms and showers. Hotel or apartment will be a private room for our group with private bathroom and shower.

Estimated budget should be about $1300+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first week in Tokyo and about $2600+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order the flight by the start of April 2016.

It will be best if we do a group of max 4 people, so at the end of March I'll go through the list in order of who's shown interest and confirm if you're going or not. Feel free to show interest even if there's already 4 people on the list in case somebody else have to drop out by then.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Tokyo Game Show 2016
Ghibli museum
Akihabara + nearby Kanda shrine (from Love Live)
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which has the giant Gundam statue and other stuff)
Shibuya
Some of the most famous shrines and a park
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
K-On school building
Nipponbashi
Day trip to Nara
Day trip to Hiroshima
More temples and shrines
Other things you want to check out

And here's pictures from the Fall 2015 trip:
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Going

image.php

MikeHattsu

Maybe going

image.php

1. Thoraxes

image.php

2. JoeFu

image.php

3. firehawk12

image.php

4. Chet Rippo

-

Haha, I remember those days where I had to sell off so many idols just to get enough G to lvl up my Rs. Also the days when I had Rs on my teams lel

I was totally out of gold for the first half year that I played the JP version. Could barely afford to level up normals.

Hey, the gold struggle is real right now for Barrylocke the newb. I've got maybe 30 Ns level maxed right now. Seeing how important gold is during the Medley fest made me shed a tear. I'd definitely love to get more powerful Pure cards. My Pure team is full of a bunch of those maid healers, and only one card (an SR Umi) is able to perfect lock, which I'd really appreciate for the Medley challenges. Meanwhile my Cool team has a lot of Perfect lockage.

GoXDS

Pft. on just my 4th play on casual acc, I get a Gold prize. my main has over 10 plays with Reward Bonus and only Silver. at least it was only Pure R Support

Top Bottom