• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Yes lets please get away from that awful pic

Hm...

ib1wYnWgjRNd9n.JPG

I'm not
sorry.

Finally started playing it today and had to leave the tutorial after i got to the menu screen with all the options, was that the end of the tutorial or did I miss out? it was asking me to do a live show again but I had to restart my phone, also any tips for a newcomer?

elhaym

Finally started playing it today and had to leave the tutorial after i got to the menu screen with all the options, was that the end of the tutorial or did I miss out? it was asking me to do a live show again but I had to restart my phone, also any tips for a newcomer?

IIRC I think the "tutorial" continues past the first live. It walks you through levelling up and idolizing cards, etc etc.

redhairedking

Save up your loveca to 50 before pulling so you'll get the extra card, honestly there isn't really that much to know as far as "strategy" is concerned

Markun

Save up your loveca to 50 before pulling so you'll get the extra card, honestly there isn't really that much to know as far as "strategy" is concerned
And make sure you do that 50 love gem pull when they're offering a guaranteed SR card for a 10+1 pull so that you don't get all Rares.

Rares can be obtained without spending love gems. Rares can be gotten in friendship point draws at a low rate and, very rarely, after beating a Hard mode song. It might take a while to get some rares, but you'll get them eventually.

Also, make sure to always idolize and max bond with all your idols, including the normal idols, since max bonding with them while idolized unlocks a side story that gives gold and 1 love gem.

You'll also be receiving 3 love gems over the next 10 days and a scouting ticket in a few hours. Feel free to use the scouting ticket since it's pretty much a free premium draw and you got nothing to lose.

elhaym

Man can stand against the machines, we can beat Skynet Klab-

Not me. Literally the one time I didn't come in 4th, I came in 3rd.

edit: Wait, how come you get to put your UR against SR teams and I need to put my SR against UR teams??? >.>

tenton

Out of a set of 5 hard songs, I'm lucky to get 2 actual players through all the matches.

Meanwhile, a set of 3 EXs in JP is 1st place on all three. I picked the wrong event to "concentrate" on.

Right now, the top EX Japan players are sleeping. Right now, apparently there aren't any EN players awake that are playing Hard. :p

chrono01

Lol (today) I've hardly played against humans. Like two I think.
Same here. It doesn't even matter if you FC the song or anything, they're too strong. It's funny, before the results screen even appeared I saw they saying "Yay, I'm No.1!". I was like "...This ain't going to be good...". Sure enough, I was second. -_-

I've used...maybe 5 Loveca so far and I'm only a little over 10,000 points. I'm not worried about reaching 25,000 for the first SR, but considering the Top 1000 is already sitting at over 11,000, it makes me kind of worried how high the final tally will be. A lot of people are probably excited that there's new type of content in the game too. Here's hoping it slows down a bit. O_O

Kumubou

I don't know if I love or hate the fact that intentionally failing out of songs or running a team full of Cocos can be an optimal strat for LP management during Score Match events. Never mind the fact that for real grindlords it's probably more efficient to just fail out in terms of points per minute (certainly not for points per loveca, but if you're ballin out of control, who cares).

I haven't run into a bot yet, interestingly enough, even when I'm playing at 4 in the morning before work.

Qurex

Neo Member
The most I do for Halloween is play some Animal Crossing and display a pumpkin.
I don't get any trick or treaters around the area where I live, haven't seen any for the past few years. Not many pumpkins on the street either.

On the topic of levelling up idol Skills, I've found that getting a Super Success when practicing seems to guarentee a Skill level up. I think it is the same for when you get an Ultra Success as well.

The way Maid Maki is holding the tray looks really uncomfortable/awkward. From that angle in the picture it looks like she's resting the weight of that teaset and tray on her fingetips.
I agree about her looking drugged or something.

I have yet to see a bot and I've played at random times throughout the day.
Matching seems to be quite random. I've been paired with people who have over 10,000 points and people who have less than 2000 points. I'm at around 5000 points.

Markun

I managed to get her yesterday! Now to keep in the top 200!

Honestly, I'm not mad when I'm faced with a bot. I think it's just because the scores they get with the combos they get is so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh.

chrono01

I managed to get her yesterday! Now to keep in the top 200!

Honestly, I'm not mad when I'm faced with a bot. I think it's just because the scores they get with the combos they get is so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh.
Congrats!

BTW, is anyone else getting a lot of Transmission Errors? I've had two so far today, and it's really depressing to see 220+ points disappear after a song when it can't connect, especially when you use Loveca on LP. :/

Markun

Just got my Maki too. Over 150 players already got her, I guess this top 200 will be intense

Congrats fek! You planning to stay in the top 200? If you are, good luck!

Congrats!

BTW, is anyone else getting a lot of Transmission Errors? I've had two so far today, and it's really depressing to see 220+ points disappear after a song when it can't connect, especially when you use Loveca on LP. :/

Thanks!

I haven't had any transmission errors thankfully. I did have some weird thing happen though where the notes would suddenly speed up and then mess up my combos though. It's happened like only once or twice though.

Hachitora

I haven't had any transmission errors thankfully. I did have some weird thing happen though where the notes would suddenly speed up and then mess up my combos though. It's happened like only once or twice though.

I think that's what happens with me. More so in JP than in EN

fek

Congrats fek! You planning to stay in the top 200? If you are, good luck!
I am, I really like both versions of the card and it's Maki so I will try to stay around top 100 or so for most of the event. Last time I tried for top 200 grinding at the last minute didn't work well.

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah I also have a ton of friend points on both versions, but I don't even bother too get that free loveca. I will use them once smile Nun to hits the EN game though.

Markun

5 million player campaign stuff for JP SIF

1. The usual 7 free loveca over one week. Starts next week Thursday Japan time.

2. Christmas voting poll. Players will vote on what present to give and what member of μ's to give it to. Whoever gets first will receive a UR that has them receiving said present. The side story will feature the number 1 girl reacting to the present. Voting starts next week and ends on Halloween. Results will come out on the 15th of November. The UR will be distributed via a special Log-in Bonus.

3. Yume no Tobira Rares. Unidolized form has the girls in pajamas. Idolized form has them in their Yume no Tobira costume.

4. Korekara no Someday rares will be available in both honor and regular student scouting on October 15th.

Time for the door to open!

Mokoi

Banned
It would be nice if you could set up your own custom msg to display instead of the lame choices they give you to choose from.

Also I wish you could play without an interwebs connection. I want to play this game while my data is turned off or I got a shit connection too klab!

froliq

Yeah, that vote will end up being Nico or maybe Honkers. Calling it here and now. Japan finds a way to disappoint us.

JoeFu

Banned
I think Kotori is the most popular? At least that's what safs said last time maybe? Also Nico is anything but a disappointment!

Mokoi

Banned
Good morning people, and fuck you if you're still sleeping. I want to sleep too. :(

Also I decided to try out one of those Starbucks refreshers the Orange melón one, and uhh they are so nasty.

Draxal

I think Kotori is the most popular? At least that's what safs said last time maybe? Also Nico is anything but a disappointment!

She is but she got the first promo iirc.

You can check the event rankings on the Jpn wiki and kotori has the craziest fans.

Top Bottom