• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Mokoi

Banned
nun has magical powa

s-sorry

You do Nun proud.

Soooooo I got matched with 3 bots this morning (dunno why the game can't find other people, even 1) and this happened

Seriously I wouldn't mind having a matchmaking system like in Dota 2 or CS:GO where you wait till the game matches you with a person, not with bots that has some random team that can beat real people playing even without full combo.

Yeah I just lost to damm bots too, and there is always that 10th man who just won't click accept. Damm you 10th man!

Rhapsody

Banned
So I finally started playing this game for fun after watching LL. I'm not used to mobile games, but I'm willing to try this one out.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Spent around $200 i think. First time spending was a UR, then I just got she who shall not be named two of the last three times and don't really feel like spending again for a long while..........

Its okay I am making up the difference for you

And the rice goddess is forgiving, she will bestow upon you many cards despite your disbelief

I suddenly feel like quitting the game

raven777

5437BE804A5C8E001A

I haven't been playing this game for a while now.....Waiting for next Maki event.

Marche90

Well, guys. so far it has been a good run, but like a lot of things, it has to come to an end.

I'm sad to say that the game just wasn't doing anything for me lately, so yesterday I finally decided to uninstall the game. I still have my passcode screenshoted, so it's still possible that I might come back to the game eventually, but for now, that's it. You guys were a part of why I enjoyed the game so much originally, so I'm grateful to you all for that.

At least, this is not a total goodbye: I still have to watch the series, so I'll still pop in here from time to time.

See ya!

JoeFu

Banned
Well, guys. so far it has been a good run, but like a lot of things, it has to come to an end.

I'm sad to say that the game just wasn't doing anything for me lately, so yesterday I finally decided to uninstall the game. I still have my passcode screenshoted, so it's still possible that I might come back to the game eventually, but for now, that's it. You guys were a part of why I enjoyed the game so much originally, so I'm grateful to you all for that.

At least, this is not a total goodbye: I still have to watch the series, so I'll still pop in here from time to time.

See ya!

Aww that's sad to hear, hope you come back! Enjoy the anime though. I thought it was alright, nothing that special. Still really enjoyable though.

So, let me know if I'm weird... Sometimes I'll play a 5 or 10LP match just because I need to burn the LP like before I leave for work or go to sleep. Naturally, I'll crush whoever I'm matched up against. Yet, I feel bad about it. Stomping these players like that. They look so sad with their non-idolized rares as their primary. Makes me feel like some schoolyard bully.

redhairedking

So, let me know if I'm weird... Sometimes I'll play a 5 or 10LP match just because I need to burn the LP like before I leave for work or go to sleep. Naturally, I'll crush whoever I'm matched up against. Yet, I feel bad about it. Stomping these players like that. They look so sad with their non-idolized rares as their primary. Makes me feel like some schoolyard bully.

You gotta do what you gotta do

chrono01

The Idol business isn't easy. The sooner the "newbies" realize this, the better.

BTW, those Student "bots" are hilarious. I played a song against one of them earlier this morning, FC'd the song [and I have a good amount of idolized SR's] with only around 5 Great [rest were Perfect], and the Student beat everyone by around 50,000 points with a combo count of a little over 100. I laughed out loud.

elhaym

Yeaaaaah. I dislike going into normal or easy. I'll just wait out the extra time usually to keep myself in hard.

edit in: Oy this was on hard and I -still- feel bad.

I laughed out loud.

I definitely do -something- loud. It's not usually laughing though.

edit 2:

Sai-yu

Neo Member
Hi guys! I've been lurking the thread waiting for my account to be approved, but now I'm ready to join in the despair. I got the Maki card yesterday btw, but the game crashed right after I got it ><

Anyway, my ID is 000398346, so if anyone's got any room, feel free to add me.

Edit: Top of page, so I guess I have to post the best girl now :p
FhMnneJ.gif

Mokoi

Banned
there are 500.000 players why all the bots!

Because they're not bots, but are the klab/bushitoad staff playing!

Hi guys! I've been lurking the thread waiting for my account to be approved, but now I'm ready to join in the despair. I got the Maki card yesterday btw, but the game crashed right after I got it ><

Sup the people here like idorus or something. Also I added you.

Himemiya

There's been like six newcomers and a lurker now too, pretty cool. Welcome to all!

Love your veebu avatar and I added you.

Sai-yu

Neo Member
I kinda like the un-idolized Maki, but I really want to try and idolize it. btw, I spent like 7 loveca last night just so I could get the card and I stayed up pretty late.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member

Welcome, I was gonna add you but then you said Rin best girl. Hrmmph.(I did add you though, don't be afraid of the normie, I promise I have a UR.)

Cute avatar <3

I'm doubting if I should go for second Maki, everytime I go to sleep I drop down below 1k again.

Sai-yu

Neo Member
Welcome, I was gonna add you but then you said Rin best girl. Hrmmph.(I did add you though, don't be afraid of the normie, I promise I have a UR.)

Cute avatar <3

I'm doubting if I should go for second Maki, everytime I go to sleep I drop down below 1k again.

It's too hard for me to choose between the first years, they're all too precious. 1st year is best year tbh ><
And, yeah I have to play at every chance I get just so I don't go below 1k

redhairedking

It's too hard for me to choose between the first years, they're all too precious. 1st year is best year tbh ><
And, yeah I have to play at every chance I get just so I don't go below 1k

1st year has Maki so that's a definite plus
2nd year is pretty meh in my opinion
3rd year is pretty great, I mean how can you not like Nozomi?

Yaari

Nozomi is the best.

20k for the event. I wonder what I'll end up with, I'd like to grab some Loveca while I'm at it.

fek

uQjwHY3.png

^ Spotted someone displaying this cute card in the rankings. It's probably a promo on the Nicorinpana vol.3 CD, but that's not even out until November ???
They had an event on the 5th and it was possible to buy the cd before the release date

elhaym

Request sent! (Crescens). Hooray for finally filling up that last spot on my friends list again!

Welcome to the thread! =D

Qurex

Neo Member
How much have you all spent on the game? Can just ballpark to 1 significant figure. Maybe convert to USD for easier reference for everyone.

I'll start the ball rolling: 0.
I think just over $150, not sure if I converted it correctly.

That weird Kotori face (&#12539;8&#12539;)
Oh yeah, that would work quite well. Not sure how you would want to do the mouth though.

Here's Emitsun with a pumpkin if that counts
http://nittaemi.exblog.jp/16214629/
That's a cute picture. Not quite what I was looking for, but yeah it'll count.

See ya!
That's a shame to hear. Take a look at the anime if you get time in the future, it's a fun show.
I might be completely wrong here, but I thought that the transfer codes expire after a certain amount of time and you have to generate a new one? So you might want to look out for that. I could be completely wrong though.
There's also Smash Bros, I think I have you on my friend's list. I should really play against some of you guys at that sometime.
Still, I hope to see you around again in the future!

^ Spotted someone displaying this cute card in the rankings. It's probably a promo on the Nicorinpana vol.3 CD, but that's not even out until November ???
The most recent CD was the single for Shangri-La Shower (the song from the Vita game). That came out recently, but I think the code for that was costumes for the Vita game.
I took a look at the Twitter account mentioned in the profile. I think it says something on October 3rd, about early sale of vol.3. I assume that's referring to the Nicorinpana CD so you're probably right.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Marche90

Aww that's sad to hear, hope you come back! Enjoy the anime though. I thought it was alright, nothing that special. Still really enjoyable though.

This is very important, Yes you do! Maybe that will renew your interest in the game. But the game is grindy and repetitive, and even more so without a connection to the characters and songs so I understand. I hope you enjoy the show, I really did, its not the best, you could be cynical and say its all a big cash grab, but still it means a ton to me and I am very glad I decided to watch it (my bank account, not so much). I look forward to your thoughts on the show and if you like it and want to get back to the game, do so slowly, maybe only play for a character's event who you end up liking. Make sure to keep Love Live! at the top of your anime backlog and we'll see you again!

That's a shame to hear. Take a look at the anime if you get time in the future, it's a fun show.
I might be completely wrong here, but I thought that the transfer codes expire after a certain amount of time and you have to generate a new one? So you might want to look out for that. I could be completely wrong though.
There's also Smash Bros, I think I have you on my friend's list. I should really play against some of you guys at that sometime.
Still, I hope to see you around again in the future!

I'll definitely have to watch the anime whenever I have the chance. Most likely I'll return when we have more songs (and finish The World Ends With You, since it's a pretty big game and I have no space to install anything else); I think the grinding with this event was the tipping point for me.

And we'll definitely have to play! If you see me with an open lobby by all means join it!

Hachitora

Yay! Maki get!
Hi guys! I've been lurking the thread waiting for my account to be approved, but now I'm ready to join in the despair.

Welcome!
We should have something like an LLGAF smash tournament or something :p Could be pretty interesting. Hopefully you'll be around here, Marche, if it ever becomes a thing. Speaking of Smash,

Sai-yu

Neo Member
Yay! Maki get!

Welcome!

We should have something like an LLGAF smash tournament or something :p Could be pretty interesting. Hopefully you'll be around here, Marche, if it ever becomes a thing. Speaking of Smash,

Welcome to the Event Maki club, pop. 2 (we need to increase our population).
but congratz!
Hm, I should probably add my nintendo ID on my account. though, tbh I suck at ssb4

elhaym

Oh right. I bought Smash. I should load that up and see how terrible I am at it.

edit: Wow this was a mistake to buy. I haaaaaaaate the 3DS controls for this.

Qurex

Neo Member
Mid Event Summaries

We are now over halfway through the current events for the Japanese and English versions.

English Version
As I'm sure most of you have noticed by now, as expected, today we got the second batch of songs like the original event in the Japanese Version.
The new songs for the remainder of this event are:
  • [Smile] - Natsu-iro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! (added on Oct. 10)
  • [Smile] - Susume&#8594;Tomorrow (added on Oct. 10)
  • [Pure] - baby maybe Koi no Button (added on Oct. 10)
  • [Pure] - Wonder zone (added on Oct. 10)
  • [Cool] - Snow halation (added on Oct. 10)
  • [Cool] - Wonderful Rush (added on Oct. 10)
Based off knowledge of the Japanese version, it is unlikely that the first batch songs will return before the end of this event.

Countdown for the end of the current English Event on October 15th, 8AM UTC.
t1413360000z0.png

Japanese Version
As I'm sure players of the Japanese version are aware. SInce October 8th, the Japanese version has been playing with the second batch of songs.
These songs will be here for the remainder of this event.

Easy/Normal/Hard
  • [Smile] - Love Novels
  • [Smile] - Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki
  • [Smile] - Love wing bell
  • [Pure] - KiRa-KiRa Sensation!
  • [Pure] - Kodoku na Heaven
  • [Cool] - No brand girls
  • [Cool] - Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love
  • [Cool] - Paradise Live
Expert
  • [Smile] - Love Novels
  • [Smile] - Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki
  • [Pure] - Kodoku na Heaven
  • [Cool] - Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love
  • [Cool] - Paradise Live
The first batch of songs will also return tommorow for the remainder of the event (Oct. 11 - Oct. 15)

Easy/Normal/Hard
  • [Smile] - Oh,Love&Peace!
  • [Smile] - Love marginal
  • [Pure] - Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru
  • [Pure] - sweet&sweet holiday&#8206;&#8206;
  • [Pure] - after school NAVIGATORS
  • [Cool] - Snow halation
  • [Cool] - Dancing stars on me!
  • [Cool] - Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate
Expert
  • [Smile] - Love marginal
  • [Pure] - Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru
  • [Pure] - sweet&sweet holiday&#8206;&#8206;
  • [Cool] - Snow halation
  • [Cool] - Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate

Countdown for the end of the current Japanese Event on October 15th, 2014, 3PM JST.
t1413352800z0.png

Credits to the English LSSIF Wiki for some of the info on the events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll definitely have to watch the anime whenever I have the chance. Most likely I'll return when we have more songs (and finish The World Ends With You, since it's a pretty big game and I have no space to install anything else); I think the grinding with this event was the tipping point for me.

And we'll definitely have to play! If you see me with an open lobby by all means join it!
TWEWY is a great game.

I'll definitely join you in the future then if I see you online.
Although actually I have yet to figure out how to tell when you guys are online and have a lobby open. Are you just meant to keep randomly checking or does the game actually tell you?

A Smash tournament sounds like fun, time zones might be an issue though.

Why do everyone insist on destroying their 3DS by playing smash?

You're playing the game wrong if that is happening to your 3DS :p

Hachitora

25,000 and as far as I know, Hachi and I have been the only ones able to get it in the gaf.
Pretty sure there are a few more of us who've gotten the card. I know Markun has it.
A Smash tournament sounds like fun, time zones might be an issue though.
That's true. I guess if two people in inconvenient time zones get matched, we'd think of something.
You're playing the game wrong if that is happening to your 3DS :p
Lol, one of my friends plays by smashing the circle pad in every direction he goes. And he wonders why the rubber thing fell off.
and I bet once the EX songs come in for score matches things will start getting interesting
It'll definitely be a lot faster. And I can dominate on EX this time, since my teams on JP are terrible.

Top Bottom