• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Jintor

nico with hair down has always looked good

ALWAYS

tumblr_nnno4pHbja1t1hiooo1_500.gif

Marche90

I... uh... is it bad if I fail to identify who's who and who's the original owner of the hairstyle?

Eh, anyway. I screwed up this event. I'm 4k points short of the SR. Should I spend some loveca to get it? I have 11, if that matters.

EDIT: Even if she's isn't my favorite character, I agree with the post on top of this one

CoinArt

I... uh... is it bad if I fail to identify who's who and who's the original owner of the hairstyle?

Eh, anyway. I screwed up this event. I'm 4k points short of the SR. Should I spend some loveca to get it? I have 11, if that matters.

EDIT: Even if she's isn't my favorite character, I agree with the post on top of this one

Whether it's worth it depends on how much you want it and how much it would cost you. 4000 needs ~700 tokens which is ~700 stamina. Divide that by your max stamina and I suspect you'll get 10+, which seems like a lot, even for a guaranteed super-cute SR.

Jintor

i hate nico's dumb idol persona but it's okay because her trihard superfan pseudomother reality exists and it's a great contrast

W-00

Holy crap! I'm not even going to get Tier 3 for this event! Even if I somehow manage to get enough trumpets for another Extreme playthrough, the 9000th spot is still higher than I can reach.

I shouldn't have taken things easy once I got the SR. Oh well, just missing out on one of the teachers.

chrono01

Nico event Tier 2 cutoff so high...~24500?
might as well go for 25000 for the 2 Love Gems
That Nico Nico love.

I'm sitting at just a little over 25k, so I should be okay. Your previous estimates have been right-on, so I trust the same will apply here.

BTW, thanks for accepting my in-game Friend Request. I saw your name as a random student and noticed we weren't friends so I sent the invite. d(^_^)v

GoXDS

That Nico Nico love.

I'm sitting at just a little over 25k, so I should be okay. Your previous estimates have been right-on, so I trust the same will apply here.

BTW, thanks for accepting my in-game Friend Request. I saw your name as a random student and noticed we weren't friends so I sent the invite. d(^_^)v

Lol the chances. and oh boy the pressure is on to never mess up ^^;

tenton

Once again, your estimate amazes me, GoXDS. 24.6k as the second tier cut-off.

I dunno, I think once you get a feel for how the events scoring goes, it's not that hard to ballpark the figure. At least for those of us with no life or those of us poring over spreadsheets. :p

chrono01

I dunno, I think once you get a feel for how the events scoring goes, it's not that hard to ballpark the figure. At least for those of us with no life or those of us poring over spreadsheets. :p
Haha, this might be true. However, spreadsheets give me a headache, so I appreciate all of the hard work for those that examine those things. >_<

W-00

So it looks like the next event will be a Medley Festival for a Smile Hanayo. Any song lists for the second Medley Fest out there? Only managed to find the song list for the first one so far, and I'd like to get some focused practice in, if possible.

Gotta do well for Hanayo, after all.

Sayara

Neo Member
So it looks like the next event will be a Medley Festival for a Smile Hanayo. Any song lists for the second Medley Fest out there? Only managed to find the song list for the first one so far, and I'd like to get some focused practice in, if possible.

Gotta do well for Hanayo, after all.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Medley_Festival_Round_2 Here ya go.
Alot of normal stuff but then Kodoku na heaven returning to beat everyones butts hahah

I find it amusing that Love Live is getting some love because guest posters on Giantbomb are putting the game in their top ten.

I found a couple of these:

Nina Freeman said:
I have a private Twitter list that I check more often than normal Twitter, and it&#8217;s entirely made up of people who post really cute pictures of bunnies, peegs and chibi anime fanart&#8230; and after following these lovely folks over the last year, I have noticed that they all play a lot of Love Live. In fact, I don&#8217;t think I have seen any game tweeted about as often and as consistently as Love Live. So, finally, in 2015 I decided to see what all the fuss is about. An hour later, I was like&#8230; OK, this is a cute rhythm game and it&#8217;s pretty relaxing, I get it&#8230; oh wait, what&#8217;s Honors Scouting&#8230; oh, wait&#8230; I CAN COLLECT THE CUTE ANIME GIRL CARDS?!

Another hour later&#8230; THERE&#8217;S A VISUAL NOVEL ASPECT!?

And now, weeks later, I am still playing Love Live and I am consuming every adorable anime inch of it daily. I want to collect all the cute cards. I want to unlock all the songs. I want all the outfits. My idol squad WILL be the cutest and best dressed. The anime is really good too, by the way. I know, I am an utter dweeb for anything remotely shoujo anime related, so this adorable little rhythm game was basically made for me.

Gita Jackson said:
This is the most garbage thing I can&#8217;t stop playing. It&#8217;s cheap, it&#8217;s unfair, it&#8217;s translated questionably, it&#8217;s pandering to my love of cute anime girls and I hate that it knows everything I like. It&#8217;s a rhythm game! It&#8217;s a collectible card game! It has bad, but catchy, anime music! All the girls are really cute and they have a lot of fucking outfits! It has special events so I better log in every goddamn day so I don&#8217;t miss any! Love Live has truly optimized the sleazy iPhone game model (I have spent an embarrassing amount of money on this game and my friend bought me a Nozomi Tojo nendoroid), but it doesn&#8217;t feel soulless. The point of collecting the trading cards of school idols is to get to know these girls. Each action you make, each song you play or event you participate in, gives you another glimpse into their lives. Even if it&#8217;s trying really, really hard to make me spend money, it&#8217;s still about making friends and liking people. I&#8217;m a sucker for that shit. Having friends is cool, it turns out. Liking things earnestly is pretty great, actually.

Hachitora

Just finished tier 1'ing tht Rin event... Hoo boy

But gonna get 4 more gems so I can New-Year-Draw the shit outta that new UR Maki hoooooo boy

Crescent-

Happy new year LLGAF! Hope you guys have a wonderful 2016!

Gonna post my draws later since my internet is slow right now, can't upload screenshots atm

Articalys

So how bad do you think the EN Medfes 2 tiers will be? Dunno what Hanayo's rep is among worldwide players or what they think of the card compared to Maki's.

CoinArt

It's the new year in Japan, so it's the new year in my JP accounts.

My tablet account makes its first 50-pull with little success:

w682Ahvl.png

Though this triples the SRs that it has, so good enough. My main account earns minimum wage:

TdYhbuNl.png

Thanks OBAMA. But! I have enough for a voucher pull:

vhY0PmIl.png

All is forgiven! EN tomorrow.

GoXDS

Since it's already New Year here , time to scout!
:(

Pretty meh but a new SR Hanayo!!
I like that Umi!
So how bad do you think the EN Medfes 2 tiers will be? Dunno what Hanayo's rep is among worldwide players or what they think of the card compared to Maki's.

Maki is up in the top few yet her EN cutoff is still lower than JP's so considering both of these, it's probably gonna be lower. oh, and EN always doing 9 day events as well. iono... maybe ~65k for Tier 2

W-00

vhY0PmIl.png

All is forgiven! EN tomorrow.

Praise RNGeebus!

Hm, speaking of...

Dear RNGeebus and the &#956;'s that Him inspire,

Please grant we attendees of the School Idol Festival good fortune in the new year. Let our pulls be more than minimal, and our favored idols be pulled. And let Owly at long last be granted deliverance from the No UR Club. And, if it's not too much trouble, please grant me a non-Kotori UR. I'm so very tired of hearing her lines, but it would be inconsiderate to remove her from the main position as long as she's my only UR.

Thank you.

Maki is up in the top few yet her EN cutoff is still lower than JP's so considering both of these, it's probably gonna be lower. oh, and EN always doing 9 day events as well. iono... maybe ~65k for Tier 2

*Spit-take.* 65K?! Dangit, and here I was hoping to aim for Tier 2 this time. No way I can make it that high even if I spent all of my spare gems.

GoXDS

Praise RNGeebus!
*Spit-take.* 65K?! Dangit, and here I was hoping to aim for Tier 2 this time. No way I can make it that high even if I spent all of my spare gems.

Maki ended at ~69k and JP ended at ~84k (Maki) and ~77k (Hanayo) so be glad =P
and do remember you get a number of Gems from Event and also during attendance. though iirc when I did the math, you'd have to be rank...158 to break even assuming 70k cutoff. recalculating for 65k, Rank 144 (124 if not for the fact that we lost out on 2 Gems at 70k) =\ this factors in gems you get from attendance and idolizing Event N/SR and outside event N

W-00

Maki ended at ~69k and JP ended at ~84k (Maki) and ~77k (Hanayo) so be glad =P
and do remember you get a number of Gems from Event and also during attendance. though iirc when I did the math, you'd have to be rank...158 to break even assuming 70k cutoff. recalculating for 65k, Rank 144 (124 if not for the fact that we lost out on 2 Gems at 70k) =\ this factors in gems you get from attendance and idolizing Event N/SR and outside event N

And I'm at rank 74 (62 max LP), expecting to have 14-19 spare gems (depending on luck in my New Years pull) by the time the event starts. No way I'm getting to Tier 2 without paying up way more cash than I'm willing.

But thanks for the math.

Hachitora

Happy New Year people ^^ May 2016 be filled with more desp- I mean Love Live goodness!
Results of my New Year despair. No UR Maki, but got two cute Rins in JP and an idolized China Dress Umi in EN, so not bad

My pure team continues to suffer tho

Sayara

Neo Member
Happy new year! I had 4 draws, and 1 blue ticket.
Mn4jUEyl.png

Nothing too extrodinary but happy to get that Nozomi idolized.
and my blue ticket was appropiately timed at least.
GLdAU4nl.png

Then using odds and ends of cleaning i got the UR Hanayo flowers from the seal shop. Because i wanted a Smile Hanayo UR.

Top Bottom