• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Anony

not doing new years 10+1 pull

i did a a scout with the coupon i won from last event and i probably used up all my luck already (plus nico sucks)
cNsFSMw.png

Hachitora

Happy New Year to everyone here! Y'all really cool. Lotsa new people here from the time I first joined this place. Even tho the faces have changed, this place is still best thread on GAF. Keep being cool everyone.

Happy New Years and to everyone who was part of my Line group, I apologize. I hope you are doing well.
<3333333333 more than Miya

CoinArt

EN New Year's pulls! The worst luck. A third of the same Hanayo, of all idols it might have been, and solitary besides:

gjkFGkTl.png

But I could feel the luck turning. This was it. It was CoinArt's time to shine! Yeah! I can do this:

W43frqOl.png

And so I could! And it gave me a fifth coupon:

la5GqGBl.png

Happy Nico New Year indeed!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
6bQZprMl.png

mvEnx40l.png

I also got an SR Maki with a blue ticket, but forgot to cap it.
But in the EN version, at least I got a chance to idolize the SR. My first one in this version actually:
vw17IzMl.jpg

elhaym

Happy new years all! &#12354;&#12369;&#12414;&#12375;&#12390;&#12362;&#12417;&#12391;&#12392;&#12358;&#12372;&#12374;&#12356;&#12414;&#12377;~ Only a few days left in Japan now, and I feel like a lot of that time is gonna be spent in arcades instead of actually sightseeing. Because I like arcades, and they're dead in my area of the US. And I can play Bemani here. Modern Bemani. Not my PS2 ancient stuff.

All my actual NYE pulls were totally unremarkable:

EN1:

EN2:

JP:

EN tickets were totally worthless, JP tickets provided me with Yet Another Nico (tm):

W-00

Happy New Year! May those of you who have yet to pull have better luck than I.

Quite possibly my worst gem pull yet. Minimum SR, two new Rs, and just one idolization out of the bunch (winter Eli). The rest were skill increases, if that.

Statistically, I'd think that I should have drawn a Cool SR by chance at this point. But no, my only Cool SR is New Year's Kotori.

Oh well, at least my Pure team is even closer to being unkillable.

Also, I've thought about it for a while, and I'll not let this go to waste. I hereby claim it.

m0t0k1

Happy New Year! May those of you who have yet to pull have better luck than I.

Quite possibly my worst gem pull yet. Minimum SR, two new Rs, and just one idolization out of the bunch (winter Eli). The rest were skill increases, if that.

Statistically, I'd think that I should have drawn a Cool SR by chance at this point. But no, my only Cool SR is New Year's Kotori.

Oh well, at least my Pure team is even closer to being unkillable.

Also, I've thought about it for a while, and I'll not let this go to waste. I hereby claim it.

Poor w-00 you really got the minimum wage. Hope you have a nice 2016 too and get a nice UR this year :) I also finally had a chance to watch the LL movie. I want to do a write up of it soon. But in short i really enjoyed it. More then both seasons actually.

Articalys

You know, I just realized... they've never had an event SR with a healing skill. What's up with that?

Anyway, to get some non-scouting discussion, what's your typical boost layout for Medley Festival?

elhaym

You know, I just realized... they've never had an event SR with a healing skill. What's up with that?

Anyway, to get some non-scouting discussion, what's your typical boost layout for Medley Festival?

I don't have a strategy. I just go with whatever my strongest teams are. Maybe sub the lowest with a card I need to max bond with. :|

tenton

I just do the event score up and full (perfect) support. I drop full support if I'm not doing a 3 song EX medley; goal is to ensure I get the card for combo (doesn't matter which); more cards = more chances at the gold. :p

I don't need any of the other ones, though I know some people add the EX up to try to gain levels faster (helps in all cases, not just for the event). I suppose I could do that, as I have lot of gold and don't spend that much on Medley Fest.

Just Event Score up. I may consider score up for my Cool Team since 3 hard songs is tough for them as my weakest. I still get enough little mistakes during medleys in that I feel like full support won't help me for a full combo that often.

sakuori

Full support, Event and EXP on Expert and only Event and EXP on Hard.

I had the heals one every time I get a Cool set on expert on the first MedFes since I don't have any heals in my Cool team but didn't need it later so I dropped the boost.

I use everything other than Recovery and Extra Gold.

Had some better luck with rewards this time around. Got a few Golds, two of which were Scouting tickets, one of which resulted in the Ping Pong Eli SR.

I use everything other than Recovery and Extra Gold.

Had some better luck with rewards this time around. Got a few Golds, two of which were Scouting tickets, one of which resulted in the Ping Pong Eli SR.

Do you know that according to the data collecting done by folks at /r/SchoolIdolFestival, the better rewards boost is bugged and LESS likely to give good stuff? Unless that's what you meant by Extra Gold.

W-00

The only support I always use is Event Points Up. If I see some troublesome songs in the mix, I'll throw in Recovery to be safe.

I would use Full Support, but my game keeps dropping held notes, and those count as misses, which Full Support doesn't help, so it would be useless to me. I can only get through a song without a held note being dropped maybe one time out of ten.

Verelios

This is really weird. During expert songs I'm dropping holds when other notes come into play. Never happened before either. Anyone have this problem before?

GoXDS

This is really weird. During expert songs I'm dropping holds when other notes come into play. Never happened before either. Anyone have this problem before?

possibility 1: if you're playing while plugged in and charging, check the adapter. if it's not the official one meant to be used then there'll be a lot of noise, messing up the touch screen.
possibility 2: your touch screen's simply getting old and needs replacing.

in either possibility, the effects are more than just losing Holds though. are you missing other notes? is your screen pressing the wrong things? or pressing without you touching?

if none of the above *shrug*

Articalys

Whole bunch of info on the 2016 School Idol Festival Tournament and Thanksgiving:

&#12302;&#12473;&#12463;&#12501;&#12455;&#12473;&#20840;&#22269;&#22823;&#20250;&#65286;&#24863;&#35613;&#31085;2016&#12303;
The main Thanksgiving event is May 21 and 22, which is also when the tournament grand finals will take place. If I'm reading things right, the first qualifying round will take place online, in-game, between Jan. 31 and Feb. 15. Only the winners from that will get to play at the in-person regional tournaments from late March through early May, and then the winners from those get to play in the grand finals.
They're also going to have "mini-Thanksgiving" events at all the regional qualifiers as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rh0k10Bl.png

Took 150 loveca but got her in TW. Happy since I wanted a "real" blue UR that actually increased score as opposed to convert smile to cool points or whatever.

jW38S5Fl.png

Also more of a novelty, but the TW version had a bug where you couldn't get any rewards during the event, so they're slowly giving out the rewards for each score tier to everyone after the fact. I guess if a bug like this ever happens in the other versions, there's a solution for it.

GoXDS

Rh0k10Bl.png

Took 150 loveca but got her in TW. Happy since I wanted a "real" blue UR that actually increased score as opposed to convert smile to cool points or whatever.

my teams tend to have enough of a secondary stat that Cool Princess/Pure > Cool Empress (and same for the other converts for other colors). guess it's not so for you?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
my teams tend to have enough of a secondary stat that Cool Princess/Pure > Cool Empress (and same for the other converts for other colors). guess it's not so for you?
Until now, my Cool team was the weakest since I wasn't able to tier in a few events because of errors that came up in the TW version, but is it actually additive? Like you get the cool bonus from the other members in the team, then all of their smile levels are added in for the UR bonus?

The TW version is the only version of the game where I have idolized SRs, so it probably works out different there for me than it would in the JP or EN versions.

GoXDS

Until now, my Cool team was the weakest since I wasn't able to tier in a few events because of errors that came up in the TW version, but is it actually additive? Like you get the cool bonus from the other members in the team, then all of their smile levels are added in for the UR bonus?

The TW version is the only version of the game where I have idolized SRs, so it probably works out different there for me than it would in the JP or EN versions.

yea, team score = Total Main + Main Bond + Lead*Stat + Support*Stat
if you don't want to do the math, it still shows you right before a song so select the team and the friend support and see which one is better. the Convert Skills are 12% vs 9% from Regular. I think stronger teams generally start favoring the Convert skills but only marginally

eg. my Smile is 42360 Smile and 33510 Pure. 9% of Smile is 3812.4 while 12% of Pure is 4021.2. so if I do Smile Angel x2 vs Smile Princess x2 I'll get 417.6 stat more, even if it's less than 1% more

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yea, team score = Total Main + Main Bond + Lead*Stat + Support*Stat
if you don't want to do the math, it still shows you right before a song so select the team and the friend support and see which one is better. the Convert Skills are 12% vs 9% from Regular. I think stronger teams generally start favoring the Convert skills but only marginally

eg. my Smile is 42360 Smile and 33510 Pure. 9% of Smile is 3812.4 while 12% of Pure is 4021.2. so if I do Smile Angel x2 vs Smile Princess x2 I'll get 417.6 stat more, even if it's less than 1% more
Ah yeah, I see it now. My UR Honkers gives me about 400 points more than the new UR Nico. I wish I had one in the other versions of he game to see if it only starts to benefit when you have idolized SRs though.

Top Bottom