• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

sakuori

Bought the Heart to Heart single yesterday.
Now I got a problem.

Who still plays in JPSIF regularly? Send me a PM and I'll give you the code.
It expires at the end of the month.

Edit: There's four of us who solo yolo'd in an event yesterday and I got an SR. They got rares. I feel kind of bad.

CZfIUnMUAAAoyhP.jpg

PK Gaming

Its almost here the dub versions of LL seasons 1 and 2. Have they announce the english cast yet?

No, sadly

I'm stupidly psyched though, I posted a wish list a while back

Honoka - Julie Ann Taylor (She can easily play the part)
Umi - ??? (Nobody comes to mind, for some reason. It's not too hard to cast a VA for her, though)
Kotori - Christine M. Cabanos (Safe pick)
Maki - Laura Bailey (She definitely has the range for her) pfft ahahahahahaha
Rin - Cassandra Morris (Also a safe pick)
Hanayo - Anyone but Stephanie Sheh (Not that she's a bad voice actress, but she's pigeonholed into doing these kinds of roles and I don't like her voice for them)
Nico - Monica Riel (Absolutely rocks at balancing sugary & sweet and harsh & obnoxious)
Nozomi - Carrie Keranen (I can't put it into words, but I think she'd be a good fit)
Eli - Christina Vee (Sure)

Don't know why but i have a feeling that Luci Christian is gonna voice honoka. I seen alot of anime's with here voicing the main character and just feel she would be perfect for that role.

Labrys

The Japanese pronounciation would be 'Bee-bee' and I think that's what's used. That said, I'm not sure

It's Bee bee. They say it in concerts as a little call-out.

Also, "BIBIRIBIBIBIBI!" (Psychic Fire is great)

Ah, okay! My friend at work who plays sif just called it "bye-bye" today and it made me question how it was pronounced, I always did it as "bee-bee" in my head.

Psychic Fire is on the new single right? My copy is in transit right now, I'm excited to listen to it/see what SR I got.

Pibemanden

Neo Member
Bring a small present or a letter to your favorite seiyuu, there will be boxes for that
If you don't have one yet buy at least one light stick beforehand, just in case something goes wrong and you aren't able to get a LL blade in time on the spot
If you are interested in learning the calls you can check this out: http://seesaawiki.jp/lovelive_call/

And congratulations!

Thank you and everyone else for the congratz.
And especially for this advice. I will see if
I can learn the calls before the concert, shouldn't be too hard.

Acid08

Banned
Been playing the game for only about a month now, have a newbie question.

The songs added to the event today are marked non-ranked. That means your score and any event points you get from completing that version don't go towards your reward rankings right?

GoXDS

Been playing the game for only about a month now, have a newbie question.

The songs added to the event today are marked non-ranked. That means your score and any event points you get from completing that version don't go towards your reward rankings right?

it means the song score isn't counted towards Event Song Ranking. the event pts acquired are still simply event pts (or else, why would anyone touch these?). the x4 Songs are just to make playing faster but not recommended for newbies since you get less exp and gold that way.

tenton

EX was barely just released to hard to say. this event is ~900 pts behind previous Nico Token Event though. 3-5 still sounds low... what calculator are you using?

Last Nico event was one day shorter.

Also, am I looking at a different scoring list? I just made my spreadsheets for this event (and the JP event) and we're way behind December's Nico's Token event. Heck, T1 Honkers is only barely above T2 Nico at this point. I might push a little bit to T1 this event.

GoXDS

Last Nico event was one day shorter.

Also, am I looking at a different scoring list? I just made my spreadsheets for this event (and the JP event) and we're way behind December's Nico's Token event. Heck, T1 Honkers is only barely above T2 Nico at this point. I might push a little bit to T1 this event.

I know. I'm taking values counting back from the end of the event. if anything, that makes this event even slower since even with 1 extra day, this event is 900 pts behind when I checked earlier. checking again now, it's ~1250 behind

m0t0k1

Bought a Hanayo figure. Hanayo blanket. Hanayo shirt. Hanayo clear file.
Three GACHAPON pulls for an Eli (traded for Nico), realizing this was the wrong machine, then other two got Hanayo and Rin.
Bought pre made decks for Weiss Schwarz, one for Hanayo and one for Rin (both were terrible decks and a huge waste of money)
Fan made Rin sleeves
Aquors single/bluray

Sorry for the late reply Owls. But it sounded you got some nice stuff there. Too bad you didnt got some nice Weiss Schwarz decks for your idols. But it sounded like overall you got a great time there. So that is good to hear.

GoXDS

I wish the part where you select a support member was smarter. show people I have yet to use! let me get my friend points!

W-00

So it seems like Unit C has a "gothic" theme, Unit B's theme is flowers, and Unit A's theme is... that they don't know how capitalization works?

Articalys

In retrospect, looking back at the shortlist of main group names, Aqours might not have the instant brilliance of μ's, but they've definitely made it work, even if I can never spell it right on the first try and keep pronouncing it "ah-kors" instead of "aqua".
Not being able to read any of the explanations for these makes it hard to really evaluate them though.

Didn't somebody here have that big encyclopedia of all the Love Live history from Dengeki? Wonder what the subunit finalist names were for μ's in comparison...

GoXDS

Entry #6 for Unit A is...Powerful Garage... (powafuru gareeji)
Entry #4 for Unit C is...koakuma Individual? so long in Japanese ._. the chuuni is strong in this unit

Hachitora

The only one I can read for sure is Unit A's Chu's Day. It's (Chi)Ka You (Ru)By, and Kayoubi is Tuesday in Japanese ^^ Probably gonna vote for that one as the name. Dunno about the other two. Maybe KazaHana or AZALEA for Unit B and Guilty Kiss or Chrom Cross for Unit C
So it seems like Unit C has a "gothic" theme, Unit B's theme is flowers, and Unit A's theme is... that they don't know how capitalization works?
Well I know two of the names are puns on the three members' names. CYaRon uses the first letters of their names. Dunno what the other names are about, since I can't kanji

Hachitora

Fek's probably got a better source, but LL wiki says two name choices for the subunits were:

"Grace Maiden" and "Shiny Sillhouette" for BiBi
"Pure☆Candy" and "Sugar Pieces" for Printemps
"Ten'nen Komachi (天然小町)" and "Kachoufuugetsu (花鳥風月)"for Lily White

Kanji readings were off of google translate, lol

Jintor

Fek's probably got a better source, but LL wiki says two name choices for the subunits were:

"Grace Maiden" and "Shiny Sillhouette" for BiBi
"Pure☆Candy" and "Sugar Pieces" for Printemps
"Ten'nen Komachi (天然小町)" and "Kachoufuugetsu (花鳥風月)"for Lily White

Kanji readings were off of google translate, lol

Kanji readings are accurate but kanji can be read multiple ways (hell, if you really want to you can just add whatever dumb-ass reading you want to the kanji) so I wouldn't take that as gospel.

For the record I'd say maybe "Tennen Komachi" and "Kachou Fuugetsu". Um... maybe "Natural Small Street" (or the "Small Street of Nature", or "Nature's Lane" or something) and "Nature's Beauty" as translations?

W-00

Well I know two of the names are puns on the three members' names. CYaRon uses the first letters of their names. Dunno what the other names are about, since I can't kanji

From what I can tell, the moon-rune names are:
Unit A:
Powerful Girls
Hidamari Flowers

Unit B:
Komorebi
Sazanka (not sure, hard to read)

Unit C;
Koakuma Individual
Sumiregumi

Articalys

Yeah, it's Sazanka (サザンカ). Japanese name for the Camellia sasanqua, a variety of Camellia native to Japan and China. They sure do love their flowers for names.

Komorebi is one of those weird words that means an entire concept, in this case the idea of "sunlight filtering through trees".

GoXDS

the text is 元気でみんなに勇気を与えたくれる?じ. but I can't write that last kanji into Google translate since it's so blurry... if I remove the last 2 chars then Google gives us...
I am want to give you healthy and courage to everyone
a slightly more accurate translation based on the little Japanese I studied though it's more accurately... "We'll energetically give courage to everyone" (not sure how to reword this better..).

W-00

gureiji =/= girls. = garage, which is really weird

Dammit. You're right, I read that wrong.

the text is 元気でみんなに勇気を与えたくれる?じ. but I can't write that last kanji into Google translate since it's so blurry... if I remove the last 2 chars then Google gives us...
a slightly more accurate translation based on the little Japanese I studied though it's more accurately... "We'll energetically give courage to everyone" (not sure how to reword this better..).

Oh, redemption! That last kanji is 感.

Jintor

Dammit. You're right, I read that wrong.

元気でみんなに勇気を与えたくれる感じ? "The feeling of energetically giving courage to everyone" / "The feeling of energetically bestowing courage to all" perhaps.

text's too damn small

GoXDS

元気でみんなに勇気を与えたくれる感じ? "The feeling of energetically giving courage to everyone" / "The feeling of energetically bestowing courage to all" perhaps.

text's too damn small

yup, makes much more sense now. that last kanji made it easier to make a good sentence
as for the person that submitted it... what part of a garage gives that feeling?!
good job on catching that. though how the hell did you do it x_x sooo blurred...

Articalys

Burnt out after endless rounds of Nightingale Love Song, but I've already invested a few LS into this event so I might as well go all the way now for the T2.

Verelios

Burnt out after endless rounds of Nightingale Love Song, but I've already invested a few LS into this event so I might as well go all the way now for the T2.
I'm 2 songs away from the 100 song love gem. It's nightmarish.

I can't imagine how you guys are faring.

I just started playing like... last week or something. I don't really have any idea what I'm doing but man are these songs catchy.

I also have one super rare card! It's not a lot but I'm proud of myself.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been playing the event casually, i.e. no spending of loveca or waking up particularly early just to play.

Somehow I've been hovering just outside T2 for the whole game (fell from 3964 to 5033 over night). Maybe I should spend a few to secure my place since I'm so close now.

I was easily in the T2 zone at the beginning, but then everyone sprung into life when x4 came. Though saying that, I'm usually never in T2 and I'm playing as I normally would so I'm guessing less people are playing.

Top Bottom