• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Pibemanden

Neo Member
Another serious question about the final live for everyone in the know. The doors open at 16 each day. But how are the "seats" awarded?
Mainly, is there and advatage for me by showing up at 5 in the morning?
It is no problem for me to do so, usually I am sub 1000 to get into TGS on both days, but if there is no point in staying out there since early morning I would rather spend my day doing other things.
Sorry about the silly question in advance.

CoinArt

Powerful Garage is just too ridiculous for me to vote for anything else for A, I think, though Soar! is probably better.

B's got several I like. Probably going with Azalea or Haibis, though KazaHana and KANARIA are also possibilities.

I don't really like any of C's. Chrom Cross is dumb, so maybe that one? RYM is boring but serviceable, and Sumire Gumi is alright.

Most of the names that combine a thing from each of the members are pretty boring, with perhaps KANARIA excepted since they managed to make a sort of word out of it.

fek

Another serious question about the final live for everyone in the know. The doors open at 16 each day. But how are the "seats" awarded?
Mainly, is there and advatage for me by showing up at 5 in the morning?
It is no problem for me to do so, usually I am sub 1000 to get into TGS on both days, but if there is no point in staying out there since early morning I would rather spend my day doing other things.
Sorry about the silly question in advance.
Seats are already determined in your ticket. The reason to get there earlier is to buy limited goodies they will have for sale, such as the love live blade, the live booklet, Rin's movie hoodie, etc.

chrono01

Burnt out after endless rounds of Nightingale Love Song, but I've already invested a few LS into this event so I might as well go all the way now for the T2.
This is exactly why I always play once on Expert, once on Expert Random and once on Hard (the first two for the free Love Gem, and the latter for the Song Ranking). From there, I do nothing but Hard x4 to burn through my hoarded tokens, of which I just went through around 2900 of em'. I went from 2.9k points to just under 18k, which (right now) is enough for T2. I'm just about to rank up so I'll get an LP refresh.

I'll probably burn another Love Gem or two to be sure of myself ranking within T2, but it shouldn't be too difficult. I've gained 4 Love Gems already so far (started at 70 and I'm now at 74), so if I need to spend a few more that's fine. Actually, that's not taking into account the Love Gem I'll get for max idoling the event normal/Honoka, so I'm even better off!

Articalys

Yeah, but I hate missing out on the extra XP/money/fodder from playing singles instead. True, there's the additional time investment, but it's not like I'm doing anything else useful with my life.

chrono01

Yeah, but I hate missing out on the extra XP/money/fodder from playing singles instead. True, there's the additional time investment, but it's not like I'm doing anything else useful with my life.
Oh, true enough!

I did the same until I reached a high enough rank to where I felt it wasn't needed anymore. I can definitely understand the need/want to get the most out of each LP spent, though.

Articalys

Alright, finished at 21280, well ahead of the cutoff but once I was in the clear I was able to get to the 21k reward level without spending any more gems. Managed to zero out my token count too. Net total of 4 gems spent after rewards and miscellany.
Now I'm wondering if the upcoming Nozo Score Match event will be anemic too.

I got my first Expert Full Combo with Bokura no LIVE awhile ago.

Dancing stars on me is going to be much tougher though. The 2 sets of sept double taps kill my combo everytime.

chrono01

Alright, finished at 21280, well ahead of the cutoff but once I was in the clear I was able to get to the 21k reward level without spending any more gems. Managed to zero out my token count too. Net total of 4 gems spent after rewards and miscellany.
Now I'm wondering if the upcoming Nozo Score Match event will be anemic too.
Nice, 21,978 is my final score (should be enough for T2, unless things get extremely crazy).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I didn't bother for T2 in the end. I could see the gap between casual play and spending play increase over the past few days. A pity, as it would have been funny to have got it without trying too hard.

At least this event gave me an opportunity to full combo almost my entire library on hard. Well back to my break and SS.

Most of these token events don't show what you'll need to tier until late into the event. I wait 3 hours before the deadline before I unload my 2k tokens. Mostly because I'm lazy.

chrono01

Most of these token events don't show what you'll need to tier until late into the event. I wait 3 hours before the deadline before I unload my 2k tokens. Mostly because I'm lazy.
Haha, I do the same thing. At that point, I spend Love Gems as needed depending on the current cut-off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wake up one hour before events finish. I'd honestly have to rank up before heading to bed because I sure ain't getting up early for this game.

GoXDS

yea, this event was really slow. didn't check my final but was 21500+. I effectively use only 1 Gem for this, too... -3 used, +1 for 21k +1 for SR. final cutoff probably ~20k. it's effectively impossible for it to break 21k from 19.3k so we should all be safe

Crescent-

Would anyone here be interested if I gave away my EN account?

I don't have much time to play 2 versions anymore + my phone storage is tight, so I'm planning to quit playing EN.

The account has 3 unidolized URs (New Years Umi/Pure, Mermaid Nozomi/Pure, and October Honoka/Pure - the tracksuit one) and 10ish idolized SRs, plus all the promo URs. Currently also have almost 50 love gems and 4 blue tickets. OS is android.

If no one's interested I'm probably gonna sell it through ebay or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know no one cares for them and think they are the spawns of satan, but we have a chance to vote for the subunit names of the Akwours.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ve-sunshine-trio-unit-name-nominees-announced

Could 'Powerful Garage' hint to a sudden shift in genre and we'll have the first UK Garage idols? May go for 3.14One and Pipette for the other units.

Wait hang on lads, what's with this name: Koakuma Individual – Little Devil Individual Nico is going to make a return!?

I love Aquors, you keep forgetting you have a cold black heart

OMG CHU'S DAY IS ALREADY ANOTHER BAND'S NAME IF THE SUBUNIT DOESN'T GET THE NAME CHU'S DAY I'M GOING TO PROBABLY MAKE ANOTHER ANGRY POST ABOUT IT LATER AND ULTIMATELY DO NOTHING

Which name are you guys gonna pick for the B group?
They all don't make sense to me even though it's the team I like the most.

B>A>C

Hachitora

I don't really have any real preference for unit B. Maybe Komorebi or KazaHana.

Chu's Day is the only name I want for Unit A :p If that can't be their name then idk

Mokoi

Banned
Hmmm Kyumia sounds like Kumbia and that reminds of Kumbia kings. I think I'll vote for that. Thanks for the notice bbgwgbbw

So, I sold my old tablet on eBay, and eBay had this thing where if I listed it for their recommended price, if it didn't sell for $x amount, they'd give me a coupon for the difference. It ended up selling way below the target price, so I ended up with a $40 coupon for eBay, which I then just used for Google Play gift cards. Between that, the hearts I already had, and a few extra bucks I chipped in, I had 150 gems to draw with.

Three fucking despairs.

And its actually gotten kind of frustrating. They seem to introduce new SRs so frequently, and the drop rate is so low that it makes it unreasonably difficult to actually Idolize SRs. Like, there's no real reason why the drop rate can't be on the order of 30-40% for SRs.

Articalys

Because the fewer good cards they give you per roulette, the more that whales will use this:
69601932405cb4f1bd59ed16e95f99741421840670_full.jpg
When was the last time a gatcha game actually had fair odds towards the player?

On a completely separate note, I just learned that now Aikatsu also has a mobile rhythm game that's basically the same general mechanics as (though less intense than) Konami's jubeat.

Anony

i'm wondering if i should wait for the next pure 10+1
i got nothing on the last 2, so that's 100 love gems
i desperately need a pure UR :(

Articalys

Here's a math question that I'm too tired to work out the proper equations and numbers for now:

Starting from a fresh account state, how many UR-less 10+1 draws would you have to make before the cumulative probability that you haven't drawn a UR yet would be less than the cumulative probability that you should have drawn a UR by that point?
Or in other words, at what point does probability technically shift into your favor, even though it'll never actually work out for you?

GoXDS

Here's a math question that I'm too tired to work out the proper equations and numbers for now:

Starting from a fresh account state, how many UR-less 10+1 draws would you have to make before the cumulative probability that you haven't drawn a UR yet would be less than the cumulative probability that you should have drawn a UR by that point?
Or in other words, at what point does probability technically shift into your favor, even though it'll never actually work out for you?

if we're just counting 10+1 pulls, that'd be 7 pulls. by that pt you're more likely to have gotten a UR than not (46.1% chance of getting 0 UR in 77 individual pulls). trying to figure out time is hard though since that'd depend on your luck on N's and the event and how efficient you are with LP

Crescent-

dammm crescent this account is bank.

also that card above makes me wish we would move to chip and pin already.

Hahaha yeah i stopped playing for a while when there was timing issues in EN, so there are some Ns and Rs to catch up in bonding.

Unfortunately only got New Years Umi from 6 10+1 pulls during my quest for SLG Eli, so could've been better haha.

Now to focus on tiering for burd event in JP~

Articalys

Well, this is amusing. As you may or may not recall, the Love Live 5th concert was held in Japan on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 last year, and the JP game added home screen quotes for those two days, with everyone referring to the concert happening that day. Well, for some reason, even though it's not one of the normal holidays, the EN game seems to be getting those quotes today and tomorrow, fully translated... referring to a "today" from one year ago.

Also apparently the banners for the upcoming EN Nozomi Score Match and Eli Medfes were included with the most recent update, showing we're back to standard 10-day events on a Friday -> second Monday schedule.

W-00

So the next event doesn't start until Friday? Dagnabbit. I've really been looking forward to another score match.

Oh well, just another four days more than I was expecting.

tenton

Well, this is amusing. As you may or may not recall, the Love Live 5th concert was held in Japan on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 last year, and the JP game added home screen quotes for those two days, with everyone referring to the concert happening that day. Well, for some reason, even though it's not one of the normal holidays, the EN game seems to be getting those quotes today and tomorrow, fully translated... referring to a "today" from one year ago.

It's been obvious that they've hard coded the quotes into the game (hardcoded in JST time, even), so it's not a complete surprise that this is happening. Looking forward to seeing it March 31-April 1 2017 in the EN version. :p

Articalys

It's been obvious that they've hard coded the quotes into the game (hardcoded in JST time, even), so it's not a complete surprise that this is happening. Looking forward to seeing it March 31-April 1 2017 in the EN version. :p
I wouldn't say it was obvious that specific quotes referring to a Japanese-only event would be left in the game; the EN version isn't a perfect 1-year-late mirror of everything in the JP game. And it's not hardcoded to the JST time zone, but to either the device's local time, I think.

Monthly reminder:

DWGbXd5.jpg

Fall 2016 (sometime in week 37-39)
Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

I'm planning another group trip to Japan next year. Maybe you want to join?

We'll be going sometime during late September so we can visit Tokyo Game Show 2016.

Most likely going for close to 2 weeks. 1 week in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

You need to co-ordinate with the others that are going and order the flight yourself. I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price. If we get a hostel room we will get a private room for our group, but with shared bathrooms and showers. Hotel or apartment will be a private room for our group with private bathroom and shower.

Estimated budget should be about $1300+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first week in Tokyo and about $2600+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order the flight by the start of April 2016.

It will be best if we do a group of max 4 people, so at the end of March I'll go through the list in order of who's shown interest and confirm if you're going or not. Feel free to show interest even if there's already 4 people on the list in case somebody else have to drop out by then.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Tokyo Game Show 2016
Ghibli museum
Akihabara + nearby Kanda shrine (from Love Live)
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which has the giant Gundam statue and other stuff)
Shibuya
Some of the most famous shrines and a park
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
K-On school building
Nipponbashi
Day trip to Nara
Day trip to Hiroshima
More temples and shrines
Other things you want to check out

And here's pictures from the Fall 2015 trip:
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8