• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Nozomi Tojo: Laura Post

2178979-valentine16.png

Articalys

"Mnet America, the nation’s leading network dedicated to Asian American entertainment programming"

Good for them, but this is the first time I ever heard of them.
Really wonder how this deal got made.
Nice to see that NIS America is still complete garbage when it comes to social media too.

Hachitora

"Mnet America, the nation’s leading network dedicated to Asian American entertainment programming"

Good for them, but this is the first time I ever heard of them.
Really wonder how this deal got made.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Too bad I don't have that channel (I don't think many of us here do)

Also, i find it kinda interesting that Cristina Vee is playing Kotori when she's more well known for playing Umi-type characters (K-on Mio and Madoka Homura). Umi's VA is played by same person that plays DoA5 Honoka (hah) and Edna from Tales of Zestiria.

Sidenote, a good # of them have voiced characters in and/or play League of Legends. Off the top of my head, I know Cristina Vee is Riven's voice

Articalys

Feels like Bang Zoom just uses the same dozen or so LA/SF-area voice actresses for anything they dub, so makes sense they overlap with stuff like LoL/Skullgirls.

Hachitora

what's the difference between expert and technical? they both cost the same and gives the same points

Just more of a challenge. If you're really good at the game, you could give this a shot and you might(?) have a higher chance of getting first
LL dub i give maybe a solid C+

lowlight was love arrow shoot turning into arrow of love
Yeah, I'd give it around a C/C+ too. The Love Arrow Shoot translation was def a bad move. Well, not really bad just, why... :((

Dub cast revealed:

Honoka Kosaka: Marieve Herington
Eli Ayase: Erica Lindbeck
Kotori Minami: Cristina Vee
Umi Sonoda: Kira Buckland
Rin Hoshizora: Faye Mata
Maki Nishikino: Caitlin Glass
Nozomi Tojo: Laura Post
Hanayo Koizumi: Xanthe Huynh
Nico Yazawa: Erica Mendez

Is that good or bad? as she done VOs for other anime characters?

Hachitora

Is that good or bad? as she done VO for other anime characters?

She hasn't played that many major anime roles (mostly minor). A few video game roles tho, Ahri in League of Legends, Sol and Bellona in Smite (I play this game and heard their voices a lot, so it's quite surprising, lol), Arfoire in HDN, and Valentine in Skullgirls.

Speaking of Smite, Cristina Vee, Kotori's voice, also plays a role in that game. In the very unlikely chance that any of y'all also play.

GoXDS

what's the difference between expert and technical? they both cost the same and gives the same points

adding on to what was said previous, they're the Daily rotation EX songs, which are typically harder than the average EX. also includes Random EX

Acid08

Banned
So what's the best way to go about getting tier 2 in the current english event? This is my third event and I haven't tried before. Is the strategy just save up loveca and then restore LP over and over to rack up event points?

Articalys

So what's the best way to go about getting tier 2 in the current english event? This is my third event and I haven't tried before. Is the strategy just save up loveca and then restore LP over and over to rack up event points?
More or less. You can use predictors and calculators to try and estimate how much you'll need, though with the shift to the new cutoff amounts just now, it might take a bit for predictors to adjust their accuracy.

Here's a thread on tiering from r/SchoolIdolFestival:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdol...nh5/informationso_you_wanna_tier_an_event_an/

Hachitora

Speaking of Skullgirls, Christina Vee also plays the greatest grappler in the history of grapplers, Cerebella.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. Also, speaking of Skullgirls, the person who I think plays Yukiho (sounds like it anyway), Christine Cabanos, plays Filia in Skullgirls as well. I can't say for sure if it's her but it def sounds like it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, you try to hit the number that is predicted and hope that you make your rank.

tenton

ScoreMatch is the one event you can see how the other people are, rank wise, in real time. The rankings you see at the start of the event are in real time. Just try to keep up with the tier 2 limit (or stay above it) and keep in mind the last day or two, the scoring ramps up as everyone rushes to the finish. When it gets closer to the end, we can pretty much guess what the cutoff range is going to be within 1k or so.

And yeah, to keep up, you have to use loveca stones when necessary. Also, if you're relatively low level, try to time your level ups to restore as much LP as possible (it fully restores your LP on level up, so try to level up with nearly no LP left if you can).

Anony

i think i fucked things up.
i linked my LL account to my google account thinking i can log into multiple devices with 1 account... apparently not
now i can't log back into my account from my other devices where I used titanium backup

someone tell me i'm just doing something wrong.
i mainly play on tablet and use my phone to just burn LP

tenton

Im close to level 70, which is great because it means no more worrying about losing lp during sleep. I can just set my phone timer to be a 2nd alarm.

Does Technical mode net more points or is it just for fun vs. Expert mode?

Well, depending on how well you play vs. your team. If you play very well with the flame songs and random songs, relative to everyone else, you could possibly rank higher because everyone else sucked. Then again, a lot of the higher level peoples show up in Technical (I faced ranked 1 and 2 in one match, then rank 3 in the very next one...actually finished 2nd and 1st respectively. :p )

Labrys

Got my Sakkaku Crossroads and Omoide Ijou ni Naritakute CDs in the mail today, ended up getting Nico and Umi promo SRs.

Psychic Fire is probably my favorite song of the bunch, it's a really good, energetic song.

EDIT: I retract that last statement, Shunjou Romantic is amazing ,holy shit

Hachitora

Got my Sakkaku Crossroads and Omoide Ijou ni Naritakute CDs in the mail today, ended up getting Nico and Umi promo SRs.

Psychic Fire is probably my favorite song of the bunch, it's a really good, energetic song.

EDIT: I retract that last statement, Shunjou Romantic is amazing ,holy shit

Shunjou Romantic and Psychic Fire are my favorite songs from these last sub-unit singles. They're so good!

I went to see the second screening of the Love Live movie in Canada yesterday. Theatre was kind of dead (20ish people) but I guess that is to be expected after it took so long for it to finally play here. Firehawk warned me that Time Goes By is absent from the American theatrical cut and replaced with humming. Having seen the movie previously with the song in tact I have to say that the scene loses a lot of its impact. The worst part was that the "la la las" weren't even synced with the lip flaps.

Other than that the movie is still great. Umi and Hanayo got some laughs from the audience and I caught a bit of spoilers
(foreshadowing)
that was in the first half of the film. I have to say I think I enjoyed the movie even more after this second viewing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I went to see the second screening of the Love Live movie in Canada yesterday. Theatre was kind of dead (20ish people) but I guess that is to be expected after it took so long for it to finally play here. Firehawk warned me that Time Goes By is absent from the American theatrical cut and replaced with humming. Having seen the movie previously with the song in tact I have to say that the scene loses a lot of its impact. The worst part was that the "la la las" weren't even synced with the lip flaps.

Other than that the movie is still great. Umi and Hanayo got some laughs from the audience and I caught a bit of spoilers
(foreshadowing)
that was in the first half of the film. I have to say I think I enjoyed the movie even more after this second viewing.
Ah, I tweeted you to remind you but your account seems to be inactive, but I'm glad you got to see it. lol

20 is more than the 10 or so that were at my earlier screening.

Ah, I tweeted you to remind you but your account seems to be inactive, but I'm glad you got to see it. lol

20 is more than the 10 or so that were at my earlier screening.
I have to take a break from twitter after Mike bullied me off it. (Not really)

The first screening was at a bad time (12:55 in the afternoon on a Thursday) so this was better for me. I'm not sure if the first screening would have been any busier here.
I have a feeling the version I saw has the la la version.
It's the song the street performer sings when Honoka gets lost. Here is the audio from the scene.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have a feeling the version I saw has the la la version.
I guess it depends if NISA did the UK screenings?

The first screening was at a bad time (12:55 in the afternoon on a Thursday) so this was better for me. I'm not sure if the first screening would have been any busier here.
Weird, it was 12:55 on Saturday but 7 on Thursday, which is why I chose the one I did.

Tsssssun

JoeFu

Banned

It's the song the street performer sings when Honoka gets lost. Here is the audio from the scene.

When i watched in theaters it was scat, so when i watched the scene again when i got the BD it surprised me when a real song was being sung

W-00

So, it's finally time for me to do some more Honor Scouting. I've got two tickets, enough gems for a 10+1 pull, and five blue coupons, which I'll only be using today if the gatcha shows me minimal love.

First off, to try to burn through any bad luck I may have, the tickets:

One new, and one for idolization. Oh, dear, I hope I didn't accidentally just burn through today's supply of good luck, instead. Well, here goes, anyways.

Oh. Oh! Oh yeah! WOOHOO! Thank you, lily white scouting option, thank you! Friend of the Sea Umi, Today is Umi's Day Umi, and Go for the Goal Rin! Guess I'll be saving those blue coupons for another day.

CoinArt

Ohhhh, that scene would be a lot better with actual singing. It stuck out as pretty weird that we were supposed to think that that mediocre humming or whatever was enthralling.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Yeah I looked it up and unless my memory is bad I'm pretty sure I didn't hear that when I watched it.

Actually thinking about it, I have a feeling I thought it was a dig at Honoka's awful English so she just heard blah blah blah because she couldn't understand the words.

So I guess in the future she brushes up on her English a lot before she gets into that time machine.

2 mins left until the event ends with 14 tokens to spare. Only 15 points above the threshold to get the card. I think this is the closest I've cut it with an event. lol

tenton

I guess it depends if NISA did the UK screenings?

From what I know, all the screenings outside of Japan are that way. All the southeast Asian showings were the same way. I knew the song was replaced the second I saw the scene and did a check with my friends and only Japan had it with "As Time Goes By".

picked up a blu ray special ed for like 600y lol at a second hand store. I bet the loveca has been used but like whatever

Leftover copy from someone buying a ton of them to use the concert code. :p Could be a chance the UR Honoka isn't used, since people bought 20+ and registered 20+ eplus accounts. :p

Top Bottom