• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

GoXDS

Maybe if I didn't play the TW version, I might consider it. But it's so much work... I only wish that they implemented 2x/4x plays for token collection/score match.

iirc, you dropped a version, or are you still playing all 4 versions? ofc that's a lot of work. can't imagine how you do it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
iirc, you dropped a version, or are you still playing all 4 versions? ofc that's a lot of work. can't imagine how you do it
Dropped Korean ages ago. I sort of want to drop English, but it's also the only place where I can read the stories.

That said, the way that Klab killed Glee means that when they kill Love Live eventually, you won't be able to view your cards or listen to the stories anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter. lol

Yaari

Dropped Korean ages ago. I sort of want to drop English, but it's also the only place where I can read the stories.

That said, the way that Klab killed Glee means that when they kill Love Live eventually, you won't be able to view your cards or listen to the stories anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter. lol

Lol. That Glee game is dead already? They call it "Glee Forever", and then kill the thing within a year, or whatever it is.

Articalys

Today is Nontan day, so don't forget to log in for 5 loveca.

https://twitter.com/muromuromurota/status/740559248556449792
Ckb-qv7UUAY9pcE.jpg

Articalys

Okay, so if Rippi isn't being forced to sing in her Rin voice, she's actually pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYm6AtqQq70

----------------------------------

Fan-subtitled version of the newest trailer:

https://vimeo.com/170287948

Stuff noted from the video: Chika starts out with just You and Kanan, ropes Hanamaru, Ruby, and Yoshiko into it, meets resistance from Dia, and gets inspired again because Riko is a transfer student from Otonokizaka. And Mari will get involved... eventually.

Hopefully Yoshiko is a recurring source of faces

PK Gaming

I really hope their personalities in the anime are similar to how they are portrayed in the audio dramas

Mari is delightfully weird and irreverent, giving even Yoshiko pause. Hanamaru's got a playful side to her, and Dia...

Dia is pretty much perfect (Go to 13:10 if you want to see her imitate her sister)

Articalys

There's what, seven dramas so far? Three year-groupings and one with everybody from the Aquarium single, and one for each subunit on their singles? That's like 100 minutes of dialogue already..

tenton

Yeah it bombed. There are people who spent hundreds on draws who basically have nothing to show for it.

I mean, I tried playing it for a while, but it felt like they took out all the things that made one want to spend money and fight for events out of LLSIF, just for the sake of changing things up. Failing songs when your team wasn't that strong (I literally failed some of the harder songs while perfecting it. You just fail, no half successes, or reduced points. Just outright failure). Really got capped at stamina really early on. Just wasn't very fun to play when you got just a little bit serious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mean, I tried playing it for a while, but it felt like they took out all the things that made one want to spend money and fight for events out of LLSIF, just for the sake of changing things up. Failing songs when your team wasn't that strong (I literally failed some of the harder songs while perfecting it. You just fail, no half successes, or reduced points. Just outright failure). Really got capped at stamina really early on. Just wasn't very fun to play when you got just a little bit serious.
Yeah, I feel the same way. It was much more grindy and required more upfront money to actually start up - like you said, you could fail Expert songs even if you full combo-ed them.

I imagine things changed after several updates, but let's be real - I assume the appeal of Love Live and Idolmaster and all the other anime rhythm games is the waifu collecting. And while the cast of Glee is large enough to have a huge number of cards, I don't think anyone really cared about Glee a year after the show ended.

But for me it's just a reminder that Klab could just shut down the game and you would have nothing to show for it. I assume people have ripped the files on Android so they could piece together an offline version with all the cards/stories unlocked, which would be an okay way to preserve it. But like any "games as service" thing, it seems inevitable that you'll lose access to everything. It's just crazy to read stories from people who spent hundreds/thousands on Glee and them feeling burned by it to the point of wondering if they could get refunds from chargebacks or whatever.

(I still think it's weird that the PSP Idolmaster games that were on iOS can just be wiped from history and never redownloaded again, so even offline digital games aren't safe these days).

I finally read Mari's profile and it turns out she's the group's composer.
More interestingly, she's into coffee and... lemons
Insert Portal 2 joke here
?

Shockingly, her favorite music is industrial metal. I really hope that we'll get to hear Aqours make this kind of music.

tenton

(I still think it's weird that the PSP Idolmaster games that were on iOS can just be wiped from history and never redownloaded again, so even offline digital games aren't safe these days).

It's a function of Bandai/Namco not wanting to make sure the game will run with later iOS versions, so they took it off from the store. It's a weird quirk for downloadable games these days.

But LLSIF seems to be going strong and picking up a bit of steam with Sunshine looming, so I'm hoping for another few years at least of throwing my time and money away. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I finally have enough copies of the starter R Honoka to field a full team of nine, with the idolized version as the center.

Oh so I'm not the only one suddenly receiving an influx of Honoka Rs.

Though I may have enough for a full team of idolised ones.

Articalys

EN dev servers have been completely compromised, by the way, so expect everything to leak a couple days early from now until the game shuts down. Because I doubt KLab US gives enough of a shit to find a way to block the guys from accessing it.

elhaym

EN dev servers have been completely compromised, by the way, so expect everything to leak a couple days early from now until the game shuts down. Because I doubt KLab US gives enough of a shit to find a way to block the guys from accessing it.

Do you have a source for this? Can't find anything at a glance on Reddit or Twitter.

GoXDS

what the heck is wrong with this event. even now, it's averaging 400 pts/hr in the last 8 hours. that's ridiculously high
17.5 hrs into the event and 221.5 hours left. if it stays at this rate, it'll easily go over 100k cutoff at this rate

chrono01

I love when, during Song Match, the game continually throw the same two (sometimes one) song at you. I continually get Cool songs, despite being my least favorite of the three types. If I have to play Mermaid Festa Vol. 1 ONE more time...

Articalys

I screenshotted a couple times, I just picked the newest pic to upload.
Very good, but you still need to work on getting lucky enough for the character/quote synergy, like this one from a while back that was also almost perfect, in a different way:
...oh wait, that would mean finding three other people using Nico as their main center, and it's not a Nico event... sorry :(
what the heck is wrong with this event. even now, it's averaging 400 pts/hr in the last 8 hours. that's ridiculously high
17.5 hrs into the event and 221.5 hours left. if it stays at this rate, it'll easily go over 100k cutoff at this rate
Because the highest event point total for the SR reward is at 27.5k this time around, so everybody moving to grab that quicker might be throwing off expectations? Which is not to say it won't be more competitive than usual (it almost certainly will), but should still wait another day or two to see if things smooth out a bit.
------------------------
Also, somebody on /r/SIF was flipping through the rules pages for the event (because who actually reads those?) and noticed a typo with some amusing implications in one of the example pictures.
Umi, Eli... is there something you're not telling us about your relationship?

W-00

Decided to try my luck with the popular selection box.

So, yeah, my luck was good. That's my third Cool UR (and my second Cool UR of Rin, I think she might be trying to tell me that she's cool). And replacing the last R on my Smile team with Non-tan makes it so that each µ's is represented on it.

I love when, during Song Match, the game continually throw the same two (sometimes one) song at you. I continually get Cool songs, despite being my least favorite of the three types. If I have to play Mermaid Festa Vol. 1 ONE more time...

You know that if you exit the app while you're still on the waiting screen, it won't spend the LP and you can try to get a different song, right?

chrono01

You know that if you exit the app while you're still on the waiting screen, it won't spend the LP and you can try to get a different song, right?
Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Not sure it'd be worth the trouble, but that's really cool to know, thanks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a function of Bandai/Namco not wanting to make sure the game will run with later iOS versions, so they took it off from the store. It's a weird quirk for downloadable games these days.

But LLSIF seems to be going strong and picking up a bit of steam with Sunshine looming, so I'm hoping for another few years at least of throwing my time and money away. :p
Yeah, here's hoping. I wonder if Japan is getting on board with the sequel girls or if it will just flatline.

Then again, I don't really know what idolfans are like. Scarier than anime fans I imagine, if AKB is any indication. lol

Top Bottom