• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

chrono01

Actually I had a post almost finished with lots of math using the event points calculator, tallying loveca/gold counts, but then somebody strolled in with a "1000 event points and 7 minutes per medley" quick and dirty average estimate rendering all my work pointless
Haha, well I appreciate your effort, at least!

Anyway, 96.5k is my final tally, I think I'm okay. So many points...

Oh my Mikumo. I just uncovered a secret about You.

• She wants to become a ship captain when she grows up.
  • ...like her father. A captain.
  • She trains her muscles a whole lot. If the artist weren't a coward, they'd show them on her.
    It's also likely that she can inexplicably punch materials into household objects (eat that, Saitama!)
From this evidence, I can conclude that the father of this girl:
790You.png
is this guy:

GoXDS

Actually I had a post almost finished with lots of math using the event points calculator, tallying loveca/gold counts, but then somebody strolled in with a "1000 event points and 7 minutes per medley" quick and dirty average estimate rendering all my work pointless

LOL sry XD

m0t0k1

Oh my Mikumo. I just uncovered a secret about You.

• She wants to become a ship captain when she grows up.
  • ...like her father. A captain.
  • She trains her muscles a whole lot. If the artist weren't a coward, they'd show them on her.
    It's also likely that she can inexplicably punch materials into household objects (eat that, Saitama!)
From this evidence, I can conclude that the father of this girl:

is this guy:

If there is a popeye i also want a Bluto Idol!

So, which girl is going to be most proclaimed best girl when Sunshine airs?

My money's on Yohane. All the goofy acting of Nico without the jerkish baggage.

On the other hand, I think people are generally gonna hate Dia unless she resembles more of a laughing camp ojousama.

Rarutos

So I took a bit of a hiatus from the game for a while, and this might be a dumb question... For Japanese SIF, did they retire the daily goals? I realized during this event that I wasn't getting any daily mission clearing despite scouting/practicing/playing at all.

GoXDS

So I took a bit of a hiatus from the game for a while, and this might be a dumb question... For Japanese SIF, did they retire the daily goals? I realized during this event that I wasn't getting any daily mission clearing despite scouting/practicing/playing at all.

I think they consolidated it into a single Daily Goal: First Live?
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Updates
Feb 29 (ohh, right this was a leap year)

On the other hand, I think people are generally gonna hate Dia unless she resembles more of a laughing camp ojousama.

i think your on to something, yohane will be the new hotness.

+1 Yoshiko. Goofy gothloli gamer = godlike. Only concern is that she'll become grating if there's little substance to her beyond the silliness.

Not sure about least popular. Possibly Mari. Dia's actually my 2nd favourite based on what I've seen so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nico without the jerk? Isn't that just a girl who acts bitterly sweet at all times (i.e the whole cast in the beta version of Love Live)? Sounds boring.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well I started playing again. Fresh start! Of course picked the best girl.
Hanayo

If anyone wants to add me, my ID is 593479393

Articalys

The first wave of old URs (3 UR stickers each) and the brand-new initial Aqours Rs (10 R stickers each) are now available in the EN sticker shop. They'll be redeemable until the end of the month.

Also the final track from the 1st Aqours single "Aqours HEROES" is in B-sides until the end of the month as well.

+1 Yoshiko. Goofy gothloli gamer = godlike. Only concern is that she'll become grating if there's little substance to her beyond the silliness.

Not sure about least popular. Possibly Mari. Dia's actually my 2nd favourite based on what I've seen so far.

Judging from the original series, Sunrise knew how to do a lot with shallow archetypes through their interactions. If they actually manage to give the girls more complexity (and better drama) this time around, then we could really see Sunshine kicking A-1's Idolm@ster ass.

EDIT: OH! MISTAKE! Double post!

Hachitora

I saw "best Sunshine girl" and saw no mention of You, what gives??? Jk, but You, Mari, Maru, and Yohane are my faves outta Aqours. They're the best in their own ways.

Edit: way too lazy to quote on mobile, but Arti, while I agree with you on Guilty Kiss being absolute best subunit for Aqours, Lily White > BiBi fite me.

elhaym

I am unsurprised that, just like the more "mature" BiBi was the best subgroup from μ's, Guilty Kiss is the best subgroup from Aqours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKAxfF1aug

I think it's too early to say that a certain subgroup is definitively the bes--

--goddamn, you're absolutely right. If Yoshiko's singing the parts that the comments say she is then colour me surprised + impressed.

Welp, ordered. I skipped the other ones because they weren't doing much for me, but this sounds good.

Hachitora

I preordered Guilty Kiss's CD as soon as I had heard Strawberry Trapper when it's preview first came out like a few weeks ago. The other two subunits are pretty underwhelming (cyaron's first song sounds just bad... But it's starting to grow on me...).

GoXDS

I am unsurprised that, just like the more "mature" BiBi was the best subgroup from μ's, Guilty Kiss is the best subgroup from Aqours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKAxfF1aug

this is good stuff (but that song title...)

EDIT: checked out the other subunits
don't like either of CYaRon's
don't care for AZALEA's first song (don't dislike tho) while I like the 2nd
and now I realize that there's 2 songs each, going back to Guilty Kiss, I'm only ok with their 2nd song

Labrys

I've been playing a ton more deresute lately but I plan on tiering for this upcoming Honoka. It's hard to balance 2 games but I seem to manage decently enough.

also, guilty kiss came straight out of left field for me, I thought it'd be my least favorite and I'd like Azalea best but jfc the two songs previewed have been amazing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Er, who is Guilty Kiss? IIRC, the subunits are called Powerful Garage, pipit and Sya Ran (who in response says Cya Ron).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I wonder how many saved their overflow for this event. Maybe I should have, but no one told me it was Honoka next. You all betrayed me.

Articalys

By the way, a heads-up that for some reason there's an extra-long maintenance period before the next EN event starts later tonight, starting at 4:30 AM UTC (3 1/2 hours earlier than normal):

t1464928200z0.png

GoXDS

By the way, a heads-up that for some reason there's an extra-long maintenance period before the next EN event starts later tonight, starting at 4:30 AM UTC (3 1/2 hours earlier than normal):

t1464928200z0.png

oh? thanks for the heads up. I wonder what this is for

EDIT: it has been brought to my attention that the banner for the next score match is already know and it looks like Eli/Rin double score match. not officially confirmed ofc but seems like EN might actually be rushing to catch up even more now? especially since we got Ver 3.0 about 2 weeks early?

Articalys

I will say one thing I've realized about the new Goals system -- it's started making me a lot more annoyed when I randomly drop a note or two in regular songs, since it means I'll have to wait that much longer before I can complete the "Get X Full Combos!" goals.

-----------------

Details also now out for the first JP Aqours event, which is also the first dual-SR event, and predictably it seems like it'll be handled similarly to how Starlight Stage does theirs, with one card available only through event point rewards and the other only through tiering. Though apparently the number of event points you get for clearing songs is going to get modified for the new system as well.

Guilty kiss will inevitably be best subgroup, the jojo posing after saying there catch phrase is enough evidence of that. And strawberry trapper is awesome.

Articalys

I'm actually avoiding listening to any of the full songs until they show up in the anime or the game (except for the main singles w/music videos). Still haven't really listened to the half of μ's catalog either that wasn't in the anime, aside from the shorter versions in SIF.

Haven't watched any of the Aqours livestreams either, which is where everybody seems to be picking up on the seiyuu personalities/quirks. Though I don't know how much of it is reflected from their characters and how much is the singers themselves. I still can't get all their nicknames memorized as easily either... don't know how idol otaku do it.

-------------------

First JP double-SR event is live now, details so far:
- one SR is from event point progression at 11k, 25k, and 40k
- other SR is 3 from T1, 2 from T2, and 1 from T3
- event points per song seem to have been increased by 40% for EX and by 12% for Hard for the new format

Articalys

Double post, whatever, wanted to bump the thread.

So apparently there's shenanigans going on with the EN game, where through hacking into dev servers, some of the players pulled unreleased assets and code revealing that future EN scouting sets and future EN events will be doubled up in an attempt to catch up faster to JP releases. And not in the same way as the new JP style described in my post above; rather, it seems like you'll just get one of each SR for the appropriate tiers, and the event point rewards will be split around the original target (so for score match, instead of the single SR at 25k, you get one at 22.5k and the other at 27.5k).

It's either that, or something's gone seriously wrong on KLab's side.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, people on reddit are complaining because the double draws will fuck up the rates for the new URs.

There seems to be a push to at least get Aqours out there, and maybe this is the way to rush to Aqours events before the anime is done. I have no idea what the timing on this stuff looks like.

Strangely, the TW version has Aqours songs now too, but is still on the old 2.x version. Same with Korea.

GoXDS

so, as an example, 1st Eli at 22.5k and 1st Rin at 27.5k while 2nd Eli/Rin are both Tier 2?

and for scouting, we get full set (all 9, 7 SR and 2 UR), at once?

._. not gonna like that. I already have full SR/UR teams so only tiering for events I like. so I don't care for the increased Gem efficiency for the events (unless the number of gems needed to tier more than double, which I doubt). meaning it's just gonna hurt me unless I like both SRs

URs, as mentioned, are gonna lower chances of getting the UR I want ever so slightly T_T

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, that seems to be the plan in the files people datamined.

Since I never tier, it doesn't matter to me what happens with the SRs. But I am trying to save up for Ninja Nico so, rip. lol

It also means all the Asian versions will be further behind though, which would kind of suck.

Guilty kiss will inevitably be best subgroup, the jojo posing after saying there catch phrase is enough evidence of that. And strawberry trapper is awesome.

Musically and visually, Guilty Kiss have done a lot more to differentiate themselves from Aqours, just as with BiBi and μ's. Azalea and CYaRon do a decent job, at least visually, but not enough musically.

For anyone interested, Dan Diaxing has the translated drama tracks on Youtube and Vimeo. Azalea's skit was particularly humorous and elevated Hanamaru up to one of my favorite members(my other two are Yohane and You-chan the Pop-eyedol).

GoXDS

actually, depending on how KLab decides to do the rates, the scouting chances of getting the UR won't change. supposedly it was 40% new UR and 60% rest? if it's still 40% new and 20% rest, then things won't change. now the only new change is less time to save up gems. I won't be affected too badly since the only card I'm really looking forward to is Idolized Pool Eli but for other people... like those that want the Dancer set. Lols

Articalys

Yeah, that seems to be the plan in the files people datamined.

Since I never tier, it doesn't matter to me what happens with the SRs. But I am trying to save up for Ninja Nico so, rip. lol

It also means all the Asian versions will be further behind though, which would kind of suck.
Heh, and I don't scout, but recently decided my level was high enough that I could probably afford to start T2ing everything, so we're kind of two sides of a coin there. Though I don't think it'll actually affect the tiering that much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Heh, and I don't scout, but recently decided my level was high enough that I could probably afford to start T2ing everything, so we're kind of two sides of a coin there. Though I don't think it'll actually affect the tiering that much.
Maybe if I didn't play the TW version, I might consider it. But it's so much work... I only wish that they implemented 2x/4x plays for token collection/score match.

Top Bottom