• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

GoXDS

And funny enough, the ability to tier is the only reason why I play TW, but even that is getting hyper competitive again - although to a much, much lower scale than global. I think tiering may be at 40k points.

Ah, fair enough. lol
I still don't know if I would idolize a UR... but I'll never get two of the same, so it's probably not worth thinking about.

:(
I'm blowing my stuff for Ninja Nico and I'm afraid of what will happen.

Lol, 40k doesn't even require Love Gems for me

at least in JP, I think you can idolize using 1 Gold Seal soon? just because of the extra bond, 1 idolized UR + 1 idolized SR > 2 unidolized UR, I think

gl with that. maybe she'll ninja her way in

firehawk12

Subete no aware
40k will probably take 4 or 5 gems in TW. Much more manageable. I figure if I actually do care about the stories, I can just read it on the wiki (or maybe someone has just put those all up on youtube).

I actually have Ninja Nico in JP and I'm missing a smile UR in Global so I've been saving for her.

The reason why I hesitate to idolize UR is because in JP and Global, I don't tier so I only have a few idolized SR. In that case, any UR is an upgrade for me. In TW, where my teams are full of idolized SRs, I probably wouldn't hesitate to idolize URs. But again, the chances of getting just one UR is hard enough already and saving 500 stickers is going to take a while.

GoXDS

do we know how many silver seals it would take to idolize UR? that could also be an option since I assume the same thing can be done w/ SRs. sell the bad SR so you can idolize the better ones for full idolized SR or better team. unless you really have a lot of extra SRs, it's probably not worth using Silver seals to idolize UR but it's an option...

oh right, there's SSR tier now, too >_>

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea if you can use silver seals.
And yeah, no idea what they'll do with SSRs either. More drops to dilute the pool. lol

GoXDS

what I'm thinking is, if it takes 500 Bronze seals (what's SSR's seal color? or are they all getting changed), then that's ~17 Blue ticket pulls, which has a much higher expected return. so, why do it?

Crescent-

do we know how many silver seals it would take to idolize UR? that could also be an option since I assume the same thing can be done w/ SRs. sell the bad SR so you can idolize the better ones for full idolized SR or better team. unless you really have a lot of extra SRs, it's probably not worth using Silver seals to idolize UR but it's an option...

oh right, there's SSR tier now, too >_>

Iirc if the screenshot from the update preview is to be believed, then it's 500 R/25 SR/5 SSR/1 UR seals to idolize an UR. Forgot the color of the SSR seals tho, sorry.

And a friendly reminder if anyone wants to use an idolized R/SR to practice/sell, do it before the July update since the number of seals gained from those will be decreased from 2 to 1.

Also, it's Mimorin's birthday today, so happy birthday to her! (Klab pls give love gems for seiyuu's birthdays)

elhaym

Looks like Final Live BD release info was put out today:

3/31・4/1に東京ドームで開催されました「μ’s Final LoveLive! 〜μ’sic Forever♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪〜」のBlu-ray/DVDの発売が決定!
発売日は9月28日となります!

μ’s Final LoveLive! 〜μ’sic Forever♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪〜
2016.9.28 on sale

Blu-ray Memorial BOX(Day1・Day2両方収録):LABX-8155〜60 税抜18,000円
Blu-ray Day1:LABX-8161〜3 税抜9,000円
Blu-ray Day2:LABX-8164〜6 税抜9,000円
DVD Day1:LABM-7200〜2 税抜8,000円
DVD Day2:LABM-7203〜5 税抜8,000円
発売元:ランティス
販売元:バンダイビジュアル

http://news.lovelive-anime.jp/app-def/S-102/news/?p=11835

edit: Unsure if I can post direct links to products, but LABX-8155 brings it up on both Amazon.co.jp and CDJapan now.

CoinArt

iRyuVdB.png

Hachitora

Same

Edit: I tried drawing for Nico and Maki yesterday. I was only half disappointed
tumblr_o9l02tbJgJ1tqw3j4o1_540.jpg

Gonna draw again for Rin next time.

Also, I never mentioned on here, but my First Fanbook Maki figure broke =w= she fell off the desk and the little peg that was on her foot stayed inside the stand. So I gotta go fix her up.
Rin thinks it's all good though

Hyped for Sunshine anime too ^^ You, Mari, and Yohane have become my top 3 so far. Gonna see how anime changes that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Love Live Sunshine - 1

YOU WA SHOCK!

cSFgXbI.png

Interesting that unlike Cinderella Girls this makes full reference to the original cast. So much so we even get to see old footage of them (recycling footage already!?).

Hopefully the student council president plot isn't dragged out too long. We already had that with the original and when you know from the get go they're going to join the group there isn't really any suspense to the situation.

The high energy and expressive faces from the original is back and this time we get a nice preview of the rest of the girls before they really come into the story. The original Love Live had them in the background, but you don't really learn much about them and it's more of a neat thing to notice upon repeat viewing.

I do find it odd that one character is a transfer student from Otonokizaka High School, the school the original is set in, and yet had never heard of μ's. I mean, they were winners of the second Love Live and it seemed pretty much everyone at that school knew them. I guess it'll be explained later. Though she did seem completely unfazed by a picture of them wearing her school uniform.

However, all in all, a promising start.

Love Live Sunshine - 1

YOU WA SHOCK!

cSFgXbI.png

Interesting that unlike Cinderella Girls this makes full reference to the original cast. So much so we even get to see old footage of them (recycling footage already!?).

Hopefully the student council president plot isn't dragged out too long. We already had that with the original and when you know from the get go they're going to join the group there isn't really any suspense to the situation.

The high energy and expressive faces from the original is back and this time we get a nice preview of the rest of the girls before they really come into the story. The original Love Live had them in the background, but you don't really learn much about them and it's more of a neat thing to notice upon repeat viewing.

I do find it odd that one character is a transfer student from Otonokizaka High School, the school the original is set in, and yet had never heard of μ's. I mean, they were winners of the second Love Live and it seemed pretty much everyone at that school knew them. I guess it'll be explained later. Though she did seem completely unfazed by a picture of them wearing her school uniform.

However, all in all, a promising start.

Really good start. Glad to see Kotori passing the photobomb torch to You.

I was disappointed a little by the insert song sequence's CG segments after how glorious Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium looked. Luckily, it didn't become unwatchable like in the first series.

Overall, it looks like they're gonna steal my heart yet again, doubly so if they avoid the drama and CG pitfalls of the first series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well at least the CG models are much better than the old Love Live ones. I'll have to compare back to back but they did seem to be more fluid.

Hachitora

My Sunshine Ep1 Opinions

A good start. From what it seems, they're going to try and shorten the amount of time it takes to gather all 9.

We get a good intro to You and Chika, an amazing, short-and-sweet intro to the first years (my personal favorite scene in the episode), and a taste of some of the third years. Dia hopefully won't retread Eli all that much: the grumpy president who eventually mellows out after joining the group. I hope Dia, after deciding to join, keeps her grump. But it's the good kind of grumpy, from what the drama CDs say.

Sadly, Mari only has one line in the entire thing, which makes me sad since she's one of my favorites. Kanan doesn't get too much, but we see a bit of her personality / relationship with Chika, as well as a little hint of something interesting to come. Riko gets good focus, but nothing about her is revealed too much, besides where she comes from. Hopefully Riko, Mari, and Kanan get more personality next episode (as well as the others, of course)

The music is pretty good too. I love the OP, and Hand in Hand is nice too. I wasn't really feeling it until the chorus hit, and it caught me, haha. Have yet to hear the ED but I hope it's great.

I do have a few complaints. Mainly, I felt that not too much happened. But that's to be expected from episode 1, where they're focusing on setting things up. Also, the animation. While it's definitely improved a bit from OG LL, there are still times where the CG looks funky, and the 2d parts of the dances look choppy (there's a part in Hand in Hand with You that I think of in particular.

So overall, I liked the episode. I'm afraid of it retreading OG LL too much. My hope is that they get the group formed in a short time (maybe in like 2 or 3 more episodes) and get on with the unique 9-member antics, as well as some good episodes focusing on developing a certain character. For those who haven't listened to the drama CDs, they already give us a good taste of how funny and charming their character interactions will be.

Also YouChika is cute af

That was my only gripe with the episode. Like, really? Nothing?
Chika doesn't even freak out when she sees Riko's uniform or even when she says she's from Otonokizaka.

CoinArt

khWPtsu.png

but even so, nature finds a way.

The first episode is charming as heck. Chika is a good lead, Dia is wonderfully angry, Riko is cute, Yoshiko has the best chuuni voice, and Ruby's introduction give me some hope for her. It's all super pretty. The animation seems comparable to second season OG LL, but seaside backgrounds have a much higher threshold for prettiness than the city. The CG is acceptable; it looks to be at about the same level as OG s2, but with more skill used to mask its weaknesses. It's interesting to see the differences between the anime and manga. They don't seem as pronounced as with OG LL, but it definitely gives a bit of a different impression of some characters.

Yywrhj0.jpg
Dia :love:

Dia hurting her hand slamming down the form and Chika laughing at her
was probably my favorite scene.

PK Gaming

Love Live Sunshine 1

Before I really dig into this episode, I'd like to stress that this anime is gorgeous as fuck. Art and animation are top class, and the visual direction is masterful. It's rare for an anime to excel at all 3, but Sunshine somehow manages to effortlessly pull it off. It's really charming experience too, filled with fun gags, comedy and stylish cutaways. It's obvious that the people behind this anime are pros, and they've strived to significantly improve everything from a technical standpoint. Nowhere is that more apparent in the OP and ending dance; the CG is sooooooooooooo much better. It isn't perfect, but it doesn't elicit a negative response like with before.

Anyway, the episode itself was pretty solid. For better of for worse,
Love Live Sunshine does not make a clean break from the original anime, so there are heaps of references. From the overt stuff like Chika's similarity to Honoka and Dia being a student council president, to Muse actually appearing in the episode, it's obvious they want the original Love Live to be somewhat of a factor in this show. Whether that ends up paying off for them or not remains to be seen. Personally, i'm feeling confident that they'll be able to do something great with that. Like the previous anime, the episode moves at a pretty fast pace, but I feel like Sunshine takes more time in setting up the world. You get a better sense of what their town is like in the first episode, and you get a good look of the main cast. In particular, I really liked the introduction for the 1st years, and while Dia leans a bit too close to Antagonist!Eli, she's distinctly goofier. I imagine she'll probably join up sooner as well, and i'm confident she'll be among the better characters. If I had to voice my disappoints with the episode, I don't think Chika's character is particularly compelling. She's absolutely likeable, but I wasn't grabbed by her desire to go beyond being normal. That, and the fact that Mari was completely robbed are pretty much my only issues with the episode.

Overall, the episode does a good job of making the viewer feel confident about the upcoming episodes. I never thought i'd say this, but I want Love Live Sunshine to completely eclipse the original anime. Hell, I want Aquours to completely surpass Muse too. And you know what?

It might happen.

Hachitora

it's obvious they want the original Love Live to be somewhat of a factor in this show.
While I do want they to stray away from that more, it's kinda inevitable since Muse is such a huge factor in why Chika is doing what she's doing.

Hell, I want Aquours to completely surpass Muse too. And you know what?

It might happen.

I don't think I want to admit it to myself just yet, but I think I like Aqours singing (mostly as an all-9 ensemble) more than Muse already. Also Guilty Kiss is my favorite style of music, from what Strawberry Trapper has given me, so I love them almost as much as Lily White, I think. But Muse's characters (RinandMakicoughcough) are still on top. Not fair of course, since they've been much more developed. So we'll just have to see what... develops.

pbayne

Love Live Sunshine 1

Energetic very promising start. A bit too much leaning on the nostalgia of the previous series but they quickly differentiated the characters from the Muse girls, they definitely aren't the carbon copies i feared they would be.

Scuba girl not in school is the most intriguing so far.
Was Chika suffering from an illness or something-that scene where she was watching her class struck me as something like that?
The first years look to be comic relief mostly. That alien girl was striking some JoJo poses so she's cool.
Probably the most similar aspect was another stuffy school council president but even she isn't really similar to Eli. For one the show did make fun of her at several points like when she hurt her hand and she definitely seems more petty and quick to anger than Eli was.
Transfer student not knowing who Muse are is really strange-probably lieing.

I guess the one thing missing is: whats the point? Like there's no "we have to save the school" plot or much else established so far. Will they just try to be idols for the sake of it?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That was my only gripe with the episode. Like, really? Nothing?
Chika doesn't even freak out when she sees Riko's uniform or even when she says she's from Otonokizaka.
She has a blue bow meaning she was in the same year as the first years, who we know for a fact only has one class this she'd definitely have known Rin, Hanayo and Maki. On top of that μ's considered of two student council presidents and to top it all off, the Snow Halation episode implies everyone helped with clearing the path.

Like pbayne says, there's a good chance she's lying.

CoinArt

If this is set even a couple years after OG LL, then it makes sense for an introverted girl with no interest in pop culture to have no clue what her school's idol club accomplished before she was even thinking of high schools. High school football is huge in Texas, but I have no idea how well my old HS did before I entered.

If it's the next year, then yeah she's either lying to deflect, or perhaps she's a chronic transfer student. Either way I'm disappointed that she switched uniforms so quickly.

Hachitora

She has a blue bow meaning she was in the same year as the first years, who we know for a fact only has one class this she'd definitely have known Rin, Hanayo and Maki. On top of that μ's considered of two student council presidents and to top it all off, the Snow Halation episode implies everyone helped with clearing the path.

I assumed that this took place quite a bit after µ's graduated from Otonokizaka, like all 9 of them, since they saved the school and got more students, right? Then again, there's nothing that really says when this takes place, except for after they performed at the Dome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If this is set even a couple years after OG LL, then it makes sense for an introverted girl with no interest in pop culture to have no clue what her school's idol club accomplished before she was even thinking of high schools. High school football is huge in Texas, but I have no idea how well my old HS did before I entered.

If it's the next year, then yeah she's either lying to deflect, or perhaps she's a chronic transfer student. Either way I'm disappointed that she switched uniforms so quickly.

Chika was shown wearing a yellow bow with her current school uniform on in the beginning when she was in Akiba. Uranohoshi Girls' High School seems to use colour to indicate year, so now she has a red bow and the new first years have yellow, thus this clearly takes place in the school year after μ's won Love Live.

Watching the episode really reminded me of how wonderful the original Love Live! anime was at perfectly timed comedy and how much I missed it. This was a great start and I'm excited to see more.

Crescent-

Aside from the
Riko not recognizing her own school uniform and Chika not recognizing Otonokizaka's name
part, the other thing I hope they elaborate in the future is
Dia's reason for not approving the club. If what You said was right that her only reason for not approving the club is because she doesn't think the school needs one then I think it's a pretty weak reason compared to Eli's in OG Love Live. At least Eli questions the group's dance techniques and has the skills to back it up. (Aside from not having 5 members, an original song, etc.)

That aside, an OK first episode. Animation is great as usual and the CG has improved. Haven't got the same feeling hearing Aqours songs as with hearing u's songs yet but I hope it'll change with time.

PK Gaming

The anime does a better job of segueing into and out of songs than the previous LL anime

Hopefully it keeps it up since the abrupt cut to the songs was my least favorite part of the previous LL anime

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm trying to piece the timeline together because I'm a nerd, but I assume that Riko is part of the class that enters after Honkers' sister:

lv452Lil.jpg

5VjUYnTl.jpg

Which I guess could explain why she has never heard of Muse even though the school was saved by them. lol

Hachitora

Best sunshine.

She is def in my top 3. V good.
The anime does a better job of segueing into and out of songs than the previous LL anime
Idk, the cut to Hand in Hand was a bit abrupt imo.
I'm trying to piece the timeline together because I'm a nerd, but I assume that Riko is part of the class that enters after Honkers' sister:
I really can't figure it out. Because that scene where she sees Muse on the big screen, is that happening live? If it is then we know that Riko is in Hanayo's grade (or the grade after them? Since she has the blue first year ribbon).
But I assumed it was just a recording of them they were playing, so it makes it uncertain when it takes place. So idk really

PK Gaming

She is def in my top 3. V good.

Idk, the cut to Hand in Hand was a bit abrupt imo.

I really can't figure it out. Because that scene where she sees Muse on the big screen, is that happening live? If it is then we know that Riko is in Hanayo's grade (or the grade after them? Since she has the blue first year ribbon).
But I assumed it was just a recording of them they were playing, so it makes it uncertain when it takes place. So idk really

Oh for sure, but it's definitely better than when OG LL cut to that first song. Plus the way it segues back into the class it makes it clear that the dance sequence didn't actually happen.

Oh for sure, but it's definitely better than when OG LL cut to that first song. Plus the way it segues back into the class it makes it clear that the dance sequence didn't actually happen.
It's a lot less jarring, especially after the movie's insert songs.
I'd like to think that the third years really did run around in those glasses though...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assumed it was a recording? But I can't remember when they do Start Dash together as a group (end of s1?).

Their school seems to do the same thing as Keion where you keep your ribbon regardless of your year, and they just cycle the three colours around for new students. So either Riko is in the same year as Maki (but never heard of the OTHER piano playing girl at the school) or she is a first year after Honk's sister, which you see at the end of the movie.

Or maybe it's even farther in the future, like 4 years after Muse?

Hachitora

I assumed it was a recording? But I can't remember when they do Start Dash together as a group (end of s1?).
Haha wow, I can't seem to remember either. I think it was just them performing one last time with Kotori before she left, then the stuff went down, etc.
Their school seems to do the same thing as Keion where you keep your ribbon regardless of your year, and they just cycle the three colours around for new students.

Are you sure? I think I remember seeing the third years with blue ribbons in flashbacks
It's a lot less jarring, especially after the movie's insert songs.
I'd like to think that the third years really did run around in those glasses though...
That thought makes me happy, so I will assume that it's true.

Top Bottom