• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

W-00

So, those Aqours cards in the sticker shop will be pullable with gems after we get the update that fully adds Aqours stuff, right? There's not really any reason to hurry to get them all idolized, right?

Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Yeah, that's roughly what my reaction was when I found out, too.

Not sure it'd be worth the trouble, but that's really cool to know, thanks.

You're welcome. It's saved my sanity a few times. And my LP, when I'd get an Extreme song I knew I couldn't clear.

chrono01

So, those Aqours cards in the sticker shop will be pullable with gems after we get the update that fully adds Aqours stuff, right? There's not really any reason to hurry to get them all idolized, right?

Yeah, that's roughly what my reaction was when I found out, too.

You're welcome. It's saved my sanity a few times. And my LP, when I'd get an Extreme song I knew I couldn't clear.
It's definitely helpful. I did it a few times today, I need a break from Mermaid Festa...

As for the Aquors question, I read that they will be added to the standard scouting box too. I'm hoping they will, since I'd like them but I want to spend my stickers on blue scouting tickets instead. I have a ridiculous amount of Friend Points (516,560), so that shouldn't be an issue.

Articalys

As for the Aquors question, I read that they will be added to the standard scouting box too. I'm hoping they will, since I'd like them but I want to spend my stickers on blue scouting tickets instead. I have a ridiculous amount of Friend Points (516,560), so that shouldn't be an issue.
I'd assume it'll be whenever the EN version gets the big 4.0 Aqours update... with the new double-time pacing, might even be before the end of the year.

GoXDS

It's definitely helpful. I did it a few times today, I need a break from Mermaid Festa...

how do you even resist the urge to go on a crazy scouting spree to try and get all the Rs...
then cry miserably when you don't

chrono01

I'd assume it'll be whenever the EN version gets the big 4.0 Aqours update... with the new double-time pacing, might even be before the end of the year.
Sounds good to me!

how do you even resist the urge to go on a crazy scouting spree to try and get all the Rs...
then cry miserably when you don't
This seems to be quite plausible, and that depresses the hell out of me.

tenton

Blue ticket scouting is nice.

27658267992_48687d7e5f_b.jpg

Articalys

Decided to check my present box to see how many Ns have taken up residence there at the moment: 1392.
Wish there was a way to sort them by color...

So the translation for a (worksafe) doujin came out.
It's called: NicoMaki Had a Baby With iPS Cell Technology 2 and it's cute as heck.

But there's a big twist:
Nico & Maki are the parents of Dia & Ruby

Did anyone else read it?

m0t0k1

So the translation for a (worksafe) doujin came out.
It's called: NicoMaki Had a Baby With iPS Cell Technology 2 and it's cute as heck.

But there's a big twist:
Nico & Maki are the parents of Dia & Ruby

Did anyone else read it?

That spoiler makes me afraid to even read it :V

Articalys

*5 blue tickets in*
Please UR please UR please UR please UR plea-

http://schoolido.lu/cards/179/SR-Yazawa-Nico-November-Pure/

A card that is functionally useless to me because I have 8 Pure SRs that are stronger than it unidolized, and 1 that's stronger than it idolized.

...I'm done. I don't even have the strength to get angrier about... anything to do with the way this thing is run. At least I got to enjoy a year of a free rhythm game.

Articalys

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Nobody expected it to be a low or even medium number for the R -> UR conversion, but 500 R is over 2000 gems worth of scouting, maybe a bit less considering people can try their luck with FP scouting and the drop rate of Rs after normal lives seems to have gone up recently. I'm just saying I thought it might be a feature that F2P players could maybe get once a year if they saved up ONLY for that (and of course they'd need a UR in the first place too), not something that most F2P players should basically expect to never be able to use. You could say I overestimated KLab's potential generosity?

CoinArt

They're making it so you can idolize a UR with any other UR, that seems decent to me. If SRs follow suit, it'll mean I'll have teams of nothing but idolized SRs or better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not sure I understand your point.

Nobody expected it to be a low or even medium number for the R -> UR conversion, but 500 R is over 2000 gems worth of scouting, maybe a bit less considering people can try their luck with FP scouting and the drop rate of Rs after normal lives seems to have gone up recently. I'm just saying I thought it might be a feature that F2P players could maybe get once a year if they saved up ONLY for that (and of course they'd need a UR in the first place too), not something that most F2P players should basically expect to never be able to use. You could say I overestimated KLab's potential generosity?

I blew 240 seals on getting Arise and Aqours cards, so it's not that unreasonable. That was basically starting back from whenever they introduced version 3 until recently, so I'm sure there are people who reached 500 by then. It's just too bad if you actually spent them though.

Honestly, I figure it's already a huge concession by allowing this in the first place. I assume they'll lower the cost as the game nears end of life or something.

chrono01

45k for the top 5000 right now, and still five (ish) days to go? Man, I don't even feel like grinding this out. I'm glad the player-base has expanded, but I'm really finding it difficult to spend so much time anymore farming these things (especially, if the top 5000 score is going to be as high as it is) just for a lesser power idolized SR (the gatcha ones are better). :/

This is going to reach insane levels in the last few hours. Considering I receive about 2280 points per Loveca spent, I'd have to use around nine of them just to watch up (not taking into account if I rank up). I wonder if the KLab database hack has anything to do with these higher numbers. If people can hack their game to have an insane amount of Love Gems, what's the point for legit players to even do these events anymore?

Edit: I see it estimated that the top 5000 will sit at around 88k. I get that there are two SR girls you're going after, but if I'm going to need to grind 88k just to idolize each event character, I can see myself getting tired of the game really quickly. It's even more fatiguing when you consider there's only a few days in-between each event.

Bring back single girl events, please. :(

chrono01

Switch to TW. It's nice and calm over here. lol
But I need my waifu to speak beautiful English to me! Plus, there's the whole starting over thing, haha.

Anyway, I've decided just to go for the single SR of each and call it. Being a new type of event (double SR!), people are going to go crazy over it (they already are). I'm really not interested in sinking the time to grind my score all of the way up to 90k. Hell, it might even go beyond that, and by then I'll need to spend even more gems to remain in the top 5000, lest my work be for nothing. I just have a feeling it's going to be a bloodbath...

GoXDS

45k for the top 5000 right now, and still five (ish) days to go? Man, I don't even feel like grinding this out. I'm glad the player-base has expanded, but I'm really finding it difficult to spend so much time anymore farming these things (especially, if the top 5000 score is going to be as high as it is) just for a lesser power idolized SR (the gatcha ones are better). :/

This is going to reach insane levels in the last few hours. Considering I receive about 2280 points per Loveca spent, I'd have to use around nine of them just to watch up (not taking into account if I rank up). I wonder if the KLab database hack has anything to do with these higher numbers. If people can hack their game to have an insane amount of Love Gems, what's the point for legit players to even do these events anymore?

cutoff predictor says ~79.6k atm but who knows how accurate that can be given the anomaly that this event is

I think people are misunderstanding the "hack". it's just the dev servers that they have access to afaik, and nothing to do with the actual servers. I highly doubt there'd be thousands of hackers let alone KLab not doing anything about it (since actual money is involved here vs dev servers).

Articalys

I'll have at least 6800 R seals by the time En gets version 4.0

I'm a free player.
Is this some kind of British comedy I'm not understanding here
cutoff predictor says ~79.6k atm but who knows how accurate that can be given the anomaly that this event is

I think people are misunderstanding the "hack". it's just the dev servers that they have access to afaik, and nothing to do with the actual servers. I highly doubt there'd be thousands of hackers let alone KLab not doing anything about it (since actual money is involved here vs dev servers).
As far as loveca go, yeah, but I'm pretty sure there was somebody who was able to spoof their event point total in a public event a bit ago.

Articalys

With just under a week to go until Sunshine, finally got around to watching the movie to close out μ's story. It was alright; didn't feel like the strongest possible sendoff, but it was enjoyable enough. And the stuff with
Future Honoka(?)
was a bit random but didn't bother me or anything. Great music of course.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honks is a time traveler who saw the future dystopia that would have occurred if Muse didn't break up so she had to stop herself in the past.

With just under a week to go until Sunshine, finally got around to watching the movie to close out μ's story. It was alright; didn't feel like the strongest possible sendoff, but it was enjoyable enough. And the stuff with
Future Honoka(?)
was a bit random but didn't bother me or anything. Great music of course.

I agree. Seeing them throw away an amazing opportunity like that, while I liked Sunny Day song, just made me feel bitter and completely down. A huge cop out.

All I want is some sort of doujin or fanfiction where they bring the band back together AND ascend into superstardom.

And no, Future Honks is actually an impostor sent back to break up the band for her evil group's own benefit.

Articalys

I agree. Seeing them throw away an amazing opportunity like that, while I liked Sunny Day song, just made me feel bitter and completely down. A huge cop out.

All I want is some sort of doujin or fanfiction where they bring the band back together AND ascend into superstardom.

And no, Future Honks is actually an impostor sent back to break up the band for her evil group's own benefit.
I actually agree with the decision to break up, my bigger issue is that there's no real sense of finality to justify that decision in the movie at all. Then again they did most of the emotional stuff in the last episodes of S2, so maybe they thought retreading it would be pointless? Who knows.

tenton

I actually agree with the decision to break up, my bigger issue is that there's no real sense of finality to justify that decision in the movie at all. Then again they did most of the emotional stuff in the last episodes of S2, so maybe they thought retreading it would be pointless? Who knows.

That's because the decision was made in S2. Just...circumstances changed a bit and the question was revisited. But in the end, they decided to stick with their decision. I think what people forget is that this only affect µ's as a group and the third years as school idols; the other 6 can still be school idols (and probably did continue on, just as a different group and likely with Arisa and Yukiho on board).

I feel like the situation is like with amateur sports; they could all go pro, but they decide to not go this route and the graduating seniors move on (the 3rd years being the only ones that have to move on from being school idols regardless of any decisions).

Articalys

That's because the decision was made in S2. Just...circumstances changed a bit and the question was revisited. But in the end, they decided to stick with their decision. I think what people forget is that this only affect µ's as a group and the third years as school idols; the other 6 can still be school idols (and probably did continue on, just as a different group and likely with Arisa and Yukiho on board).

I feel like the situation is like with amateur sports; they could all go pro, but they decide to not go this route and the graduating seniors move on (the 3rd years being the only ones that have to move on from being school idols regardless of any decisions).
It feels like any decision that would keep the remaining 6 as school idols goes against the entire reason for breaking up though, being that their school idol experience was something the nine of them all went through together and should stay that way. Or at least that's my interpretation.

At any rate, the Last Live concert seems like a better finale for μ's than the movie, from what I understand.

-----------------------

Also /r/SchoolIdolFestival had all hell break loose under the pressure of the event.

tenton

It feels like any decision that would keep the remaining 6 as school idols goes against the entire reason for breaking up though, being that their school idol experience was something the nine of them all went through together and should stay that way. Or at least that's my interpretation.

At any rate, the Last Live concert seems like a better finale for μ's than the movie, from what I understand.

-----------------------

Also /r/SchoolIdolFestival had all hell break loose under the pressure of the event.

They had a whole discussion about that when they made the decision to discontinue the usage of the name. Maki made a big declaration of love, even. ww The decision was always about continuing with the name or not. µ's was so special that if one member wasn't there, they couldn't call it µ's anymore. Rin is the new leader of the next group, Hanayo is the new president of the idol research club and Honoka still wants to continue singing and being an idol. They're not really "breaking up", three have to leave and the decision of to keep going as the same group with different members is what the conflict is about. It is something real idol groups do (e.g Morning Musume and AKB 48 for example, swap out members all the time but keep the name).

And damn, EN event hurt. Hurt bad. That was a crazy finish. I thought I have some extra buffer and figured it'd just hop over 90k. It hopped over 94k (probably JUST under 94.5k) and I was fighting until nearly the last 25 min.

chrono01

Global events are fucked until eternity. TW is also screwed as well, but at least it's not approaching 6 digit ranks to tier.
I have horrible luck with the in-game gatcha (I'm Rank 234, and the only "legit" UR I have is a Smile Honoka), so my enjoyment of the game has come from T2'ing the events, so I can get the SR idolized, read their story, etc.

However, if the T2 cut-off continues to be at 94.5k, I can see myself losing interest in this game really quickly. Either they increase the cut-off to something more comfortable (maybe top 7500?) or I likely seek entertainment elsewhere. I wish UR were easier to get. At least, with KLab's other game (Bleach Brave Souls), they hand out the occasional 5* ticket. Not only that, they're rates are a lot better than SIF (3% outside of events, 6% during them). Compared to what? SIF's 1% for UR? That's insane. :/

I kinda lied about stopping whaling. =( =( =(
Nice pull(s), congrats!

Yes, I was too excited to screenshot the Maki UR pull.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have horrible luck with the in-game gatcha (I'm Rank 234, and the only "legit" UR I have is a Smile Honoka), so my enjoyment of the game has come from T2'ing the events, so I can get the SR idolized, read their story, etc.

However, if the T2 cut-off continues to be at 94.5k, I can see myself losing interest in this game really quickly. Either they increase the cut-off to something more comfortable (maybe top 7500?) or I likely seek entertainment elsewhere. I wish UR were easier to get. At least, with KLab's other game (Bleach Brave Souls), they hand out the occasional 5* ticket. Not only that, they're rates are a lot better than SIF (3% outside of events, 6% during them). Compared to what? SIF's 1% for UR? That's insane. :/
Even with the 1 in 5 chance using the blue tickets, I think my rate with that has been much lower than the 20% advertised. lol
I don't know what they can do... I'd love it if they just lowered the tiers, but I have to imagine they love this because of all the crazy people who bought loveca just to fail at score matches and get 80 points. They probably made a lot of bank that way.

And funny enough, the ability to tier is the only reason why I play TW, but even that is getting hyper competitive again - although to a much, much lower scale than global. I think tiering may be at 40k points.

Oh heck no. That would be amazing. I've had the 1st copy since pretty much whenever it hit EN.
Ah, fair enough. lol
I still don't know if I would idolize a UR... but I'll never get two of the same, so it's probably not worth thinking about.

sad, 250 gems, 10 Blue tickets, and 19 tickets, all I got were 11 SRs (none idolizing). didn't get that Eli UR )=
:(
I'm blowing my stuff for Ninja Nico and I'm afraid of what will happen.

Top Bottom