• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Crescent-

Haha wow, I can't seem to remember either. I think it was just them performing one last time with Kotori before she left, then the stuff went down, etc.

It was at the final episode of the first season, they performed just after Kotori came back actually.

As for the timeline, according to the wiki Yukiho and Alisa are third years in the final scene of the movie, which means the last of u's (MakiRinPana) have graduated. So if Riko is indeed part of that freshmen group, then Sunshine takes place 3 years after the OG. Though if she hasn't heard about u's at all, I'm leaning towards 4 years later (after Yukiho and Alisa graduated).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of weird for a banner in Akiba to advertise winners from years ago though. I mean the moment A-Rise lost they turned off all their posters. The world of school idols is harsh.

OK. Just checked the episode that explores Nozomi's past. The third years are wearing blue bows in their first year meaning, like Sunshine, colour indicates year rather than it being a rotating system like some other schools use.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kind of weird for a banner in Akiba to advertise winners from years ago though. I mean the moment A-Rise lost they turned off all their posters. The world of school idols is harsh.

OK. Just checked the episode that explores Nozomi's past. The third years are wearing blue bows in their first year meaning, like Sunshine, colour indicates year rather than it being a rotating system like some other schools use.
So wait, that means both Love Live events happen in the same school year? What kind of tournament is this??

CoinArt

So wait, that means both Love Live events happen in the same school year? What kind of tournament is this??

Heck, there's a third that the horde of idols in the movie is advertising for that presumably happens shortly after, and all three would be taking place within half a year. The organizers were striking while the iron was hot, not trusting the popularity of school idols to be maintained. That, or Love Lives happen whenever narratively convenient.

Hachitora

So why does she talk like that? Will she be doing it all the time? would be sweet to be quite honest.

She doesn't talk like that in the drama CDs, so I don't think so. She just says a lot of English words in those. I'm guessing that's going to be the case in the anime, but the accent in her only line has me thinking maybe they might have her speak in an accent instead/in addition

DiGiKerot

So, I'm at AX this weekend for some godforsaken reason, and can now claim to have the rather embarrassing story of being in a position to talk to Komiya Arisa for a minute and being unable to think of anything to say beyond saying that my Japanese is terrible.

Whoops.

So, I'm at AX this weekend for some godforsaken reason, and can now claim to have the rather embarrassing story of being in a position to talk to Komiya Arisa for a minute and being unable to think of anything to say beyond saying that my Japanese is terrible.

Whoops.

The aqours meet and greets?

Yeah. I ended up buying stuff from both Bushiroad and Daisuki first thing Friday, so ended up with tickets for both the Kurosawa sisters.

Dont feel bad, I ended up paying my bushimo taxes and got tickets to meet suwawa, and got to say only "thank you" in japanese as I got the kanan card and "gambatte kudasai".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A7wGUPel.png

I guess I can't feel too bad about putting money into the game. After basically months and months of a drought (my last UR was Ninja Nico), I finally get one.

Hachitora

That is a fucking amazing You, firehawk.

Also, i guess I'll break down some of the new stuff that's added, since I already have it typed up for another forum, lol.

• Firstly, they have different menu music when you switch to Aqours mode. Same goes for the score match room (and probably the challenge/med fest music too). It's very funky and sounds very "Aqours". I like it.
  • Speaking of Score Match, they have new phrases. You can say You's "Yousoro!" before a match and Mari's "SHINY!!!" after a match. I'm guessing that they'll change it back to µ's phrases when it's a µ's event, but they could always just not change it back. We'd have to wait and see.
  • You can idolize SRs with 1 SR seal or with 20 R seals. Very useful. Very nice.
  • There are two pools of cards to draw from in scouting: µ's and Aqours. There are 3 featured URs in the Aqours box: the three 2nd years (You looks absolutely beautiful btw). Also, addition of the SSR rarity, which seems to be weaker than SRs. I'm assuming they take the place of promo URs, because promo URs have been changed, as detailed in the following:
  • Also, strangely enough and I did not expect it, they changed up attributes. Like, they changed how many points in each attribute that cards have. Promo URs are strong enough for teams now. Some cards are unchanged but others are buffed. Idk bout nerfs since all my cards have been buffed.
  • Card icons look different in menu and in-game. Since transferring pictures is too lazy-inducing for me, just look in the game, I guess (apologies). They seem slightly bigger in-game? Not so sure. Also lemme just say here that the card that shows You in a captain's uniform is
    A M A Z I N G
  • A very useful change. When you choose cards to feed into another one in practice, it doesn't show the cards that you have the lock icon on for. When you're selecting a card to idolize, it only shows the cards that can be idolized (either by a duplicate or by seals), and when you're choosing the duplicate, it only shows the duplicate. No longer do you have to scroll all the way down to idolize an N for its max-bond gem. This makes scrolling through to find cards while practicing a lot easier.
  • Also of course, EX songs are regular and we have them for all songs. Master songs are 25 LP. You get 5 gems total for FCing and S-ranking a Master song. A gem for A-rank and S-rank combo+score, and another gem for completing it. Also, I got the FC first try, but that's neither here nor there :^) You get another two gems for A and S completion, which is 60 and 150 times played. Only one out now is Bokura no Live.
  • Partner feature lets you designate a card to put on your main screen, instead of using the center of you main team. Your partner also gains "partner points", and the cards with the most partner points is displayed on your profile (like what bonding a lot with duplicate cards did before).

I'll probably go back and edit this with other changes that I remember. And maybe with pictures if I don't feel too lazy

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a pretty ballin update to be sure.

One really helpful feature is that now alpacas and Nico siblings don't take up inventory space. Yay!

Hachitora

Got the FC for Bokura no Live Master first try :^) it was fun! You get 5 gems total for getting the FC and S-rank, as well as actually completing it. You get another two for getting A and S completion (playing it 60 and 150 times)

Crescent-

Yazawa siblings can now be used to level up SR/UR skills as well, though they only give 10 xp to my UR so it takes a pretty long time to level up once.

Also, apparently bonds are now added automatically to the base stats, which explains why all cards are "buffed".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apparently they're giving away 50 gems tomorrow because of the new update. I am extremely okay with the idea of SIF becoming as generous as Deresute.
Yeah, someone said it was a bonus for the app hitting #1 in sales.

Aqours injected a lot of money into the game it seems. Several people have at least done the 360 yen draws here, because it's so cheap and guarantees an SR.

elhaym

what's the red ticket? the 360yen draw mentioned before?

Red is the 3000JPY special. 10+1, some number of purple alpacas and... 100k G, I think? Blue is the 360Y 1x draw.

edit: holy shit master mode notes scroll fast.

edit 2: ahahahaahawtfdroprates. Did a single 1x Aqours pull so I could get the green ticket and pulled UR Riko (Green ticket was an R You...).

GoXDS

Red is the 3000JPY special. 10+1, some number of purple alpacas and... 100k G, I think? Blue is the 360Y 1x draw.

edit: holy shit master mode notes scroll fast.

edit 2: ahahahaahawtfdroprates. Did a single 1x Aqours pull so I could get the green ticket and pulled UR Riko (Green ticket was an R You...).

you're seriously raking it in, huh? =P what's the new rates now that SSR are included? the decaf.kouhi wiki has 90%/15%/4%/1% which doesn't add to 100%. also mentions 9% for SR during new additions so....

Hachitora

So I noticed everyone was getting UR You from the 350 yen thingy, so naturally, I tried it. Hoping for UR You or at least SR Captain You.
So I was extremely salty not just about not getting You, but for getting a goddamn event card that I worked hard to tier for already. I got to idolize the UR Kotori tho, so I guess that's good.
So, with my body containing massive amounts of sodium,I tried a 50 gem draw.
Slightly less disappointed. But they're SSRs so they're weak, and they're of characters I'm not so fond of. In Maru's case, I find her very cute-looking but not much personality. In Dia's case, the SSR is extremely boring-looking but I do like her in the drama CDs.
So, I used a scouting ticket that I got (from some kinda quest reward, idk).
More damn Dia. I like her, but man is this game making me want to hate her. So, I realized I had 5 blue tickets and went for it.
More disappointment. Not cute at all and I don't need anymore smile cards. Need more pure cuz it's weaksauce.

GoXDS

at least the good thing now is that any bad SR pulls or repeat pulls just means extra skill lvl AND idolize a different SR you had

Crescent-

Has anyone tried re-idolizing a card using another copy of that card (not using seals)? Do they give seals as well for special practice like normally practicing?

I have 4 (!) copies of Baseball Umi. 2 used for idolizing, and I'm still pondering what to do with the other 2. Do I:
- Use 1 to re-idolize, increasing the skill slot, and use the other one to increase skill level to 2.
- Practice both to get to skill level 2 + 100 exp, but getting 2 silver seals for a blue ticket.

If special practicing to re-idolize a card gives you seals as well then option 1 is obviously the better one, but if it doesn't then option 1 leaves me with 1 silver seal, which probably will only net me 1 love gem from using the seal to idolize another SR.

GoXDS

Has anyone tried re-idolizing a card using another copy of that card (not using seals)? Do they give seals as well for special practice like normally practicing?

I have 4 (!) copies of Baseball Umi. 2 used for idolizing, and I'm still pondering what to do with the other 2. Do I:
- Use 1 to re-idolize, increasing the skill slot, and use the other one to increase skill level to 2.
- Practice both to get to skill level 2 + 100 exp, but getting 2 silver seals for a blue ticket.

If special practicing to re-idolize a card gives you seals as well then option 1 is obviously the better one, but if it doesn't then option 1 leaves me with 1 silver seal, which probably will only net me 1 love gem from using the seal to idolize another SR.

are you not able to re-idolize using seals?

Crescent-

are you not able to re-idolize using seals?

I do but I'm trying to save seals for UR idolization (for now, at least) since getting 2 URs for an f2p seems kinda far fetched. I still got around 350 rare seals to go though so maybe I'll give up in the middle of the way, who knows. Just trying to maximize the usage of the extra SRs I got. Guess I'll just use both for normal practice then, since I'm 1 blue ticket away from a pull.

Top Bottom