• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Hachitora

Hot damn Safs, nice draws (and new avatar)! That Nozomi card is probably one of the only one of hers that I like :p the other stuff you got was pretty good too. Makes me wish the EN version would hurry and catch up...

chrono01

Scouting tickets are usually bad for me too. Both of mine this time were Rares but at least the one in JP was a new Rare.
It's why I generally tried keeping my Event Score low the for three Loveca and not the Ticket [when the rewards were separate], but now that they've combined them into the rank for the second SR, it seems like I won't be able to do that anymore. :(

Give me Loveca and not these Scouting Tickets, they are useless. At least with Loveca I'm guaranteed to get something out of it.

redhairedking

I am so happy this Nozomi card exists

pC3jJkY.jpg

Mokoi

Banned
Hello idolgaf! This is my first post. I've been lurking this thread while waiting for my account to be activated, been playing casually until this event because Maki is best idol, now I would say more but my despair right now is to high after seeing my final rank
not in top 1000
:'(.
Soooo I'm going to be in this corner crying alone a little while.
Welcome to the idoru thread.
http://i.imgur.com/iy51KApl.png
After a couple months of shit luck with the game (I still can't get the new N from draws. :/), I finally catch a break. Yay!

You suck!

Nozomi + Restaurant = meat buns illustration inc!
That's what I voted for, but Nozomi winning is highly unlikely which sucks.
OH MY GOD NOZOMI I LOVE YOU! I did three 10+1s and a 5 support ticket pull and...

My second pull got me Halloween Nozomi and Honoka!!!

Wow congrats I'm so jelly!
My support ticket pull got me ANOTHER HALLOWEEN NOZOMI

You suck.

Himemiya

K7YdGPW.png

Who's pro?

Also Safs those pulls is beyond glorious Nozomi has smiled upon you with that luck!

I have enough in JP for a 10+1 but won't even until I see the new event notice.

I really like "CHIIIIIISANA SHIGUNARU rin rin ringaBELL" :3c

froliq

Next JP event is probably Nozomi tokens then Eli score match then Rin tokens. Or swap Rin with Nozomi. Only 3 left of the current round and Eli has already had a school idol diary event.

Markun

Did a 10+1 draw earlier.

I didn't get the UR Rin like I wanted, and I really didn't expect to be given anyway considering I got that UR Honoka on a single draw, but I did get the Yukata Rin that I wanted so it balances out!

Pure team easily my strongest right now! Such purity~

Hachitora

K7YdGPW.png

Who's pro?

Also Safs those pulls is beyond glorious Nozomi has smiled upon you with that luck!

I have enough in JP for a 10+1 but won't even until I see the new event notice.

I really like "CHIIIIIISANA SHIGUNARU rin rin ringaBELL" :3c
Psh, FCd that song in one try. Gut gud. And yeah, I like Koi no Signal too. Though I think Kururin Miracle is her better solo song.
All of her cards are amazing, especially her URs!

I do like many of her cards though, but of course I can say the same for anyone. I should go through to see who has the least amount of cards I like.
y8iPwNk.png
Idk, I don't really like many of her URs and SRs. It's just personal preference though, of course. I think either Honkers or Nozomi might have the least amount of cards I like, but I'd have to go and check.

Rhapsody

Banned
Haven't played this in a few days, but on a related note, my Love Live piano score book came in today.

Going to have fun with this. Thought it was going to just have songs from S1, but it includes S2 and album ones.

Edit: By S2, I guess I mean album ones that also appeared in S2.

fek

Haven't played this in a few days, but on a related note, my Love Live piano score book came in today.

Going to have fun with this. Thought it was going to just have songs from S1, but it includes S2 and album ones.
Which one did you buy?

Himemiya

That something like this exists is awesome. Have fun!

Hachitora

Oh dang, didn't know something like this existed. I wonder if there's one for guitar tabs... Probably not though :(

Yui

I had to show her some love for that! I was far too harsh on her before anyway.

You should build her a shrine for that tbh. ^^
I totally would, but Nozomi abandoned me a long time ago.

Did a 10+1 draw earlier.

I didn't get the UR Rin like I wanted, and I really didn't expect to be given anyway considering I got that UR Honoka on a single draw, but I did get the Yukata Rin that I wanted so it balances out!

Congrats! Yukata Rin is super adorbs!

Qurex

Neo Member
Safs congrats on the draws!

Oh and forgot to say it yesterday but congrats to everyone else who had good draws as well.

For the record, when I did my draws yesterday I had my idolised SR Nozomi as my main. Since a while back, quite often she kept telling this.

Later on she started saying some other things.

So I took this as a sign and decided to have her as my main for when I do my draws. lol

She does say some odd things occasionally.
Is that not a shrine maiden uniform that she is wearing? If not then what is it?

About that Maki skill and general translation issues... I emailed KLab back when I saw the formatting on the mad scientist girl's quotes (Jennifer has the same issue) and they were just like "the game has a lot of problems but we're trying our best to fix them". Then they go on to make another problem/minor issue that seems easy to fix??
I wonder if they fired the last translator or something. It's a bit odd that the translations have changed recently.
Haven't looked at any of the Normal girl quotes recently but it's strange that they're glitching up like that. It's not like the new quotes are any longer. Any idea if the other new normals do this or just the event normals?
"The game has a lot of problems but we're trying our best to fix them." This doesn't sound promising... They also say "lots of problems", which suggests there are even more issues for us to discover. lol
Yeah it's odd that they haven't fixed up these issues yet, it shouldn't take too much time to do.

Hachitora

I wonder if they fired the last translator or something. It's a bit odd that the translations have changed recently.
Haven't looked at any of the Normal girl quotes recently but it's strange that they're glitching up like that. It's not like the new quotes are any longer. Any idea if the other new normals do this or just the event normals?
"The game has a lot of problems but we're trying our best to fix them." This doesn't sound promising... They also say "lots of problems", which suggests there are even more issues for us to discover. lol
Yeah it's odd that they haven't fixed up these issues yet, it shouldn't take too much time to do.

I just wish that they'd have a better translator. Though the stories seem to have decent translations, so why do the menus and quotes have weird translations. Especially the skills. I can get the basic gist of what they do, but I wish I wouldn't have to guess.

redhairedking

Is there any chance you can hook me up with some scans/hi-res phone shots of the piano scores?

Qurex

Neo Member
I just wish that they'd have a better translator. Though the stories seem to have decent translations, so why do the menus and quotes have weird translations. Especially the skills. I can get the basic gist of what they do, but I wish I wouldn't have to guess.

Perhaps they can't afford one (lol) so they do most of the translations internally themselves. While the story is done by another company, since that is more important than the game translations and that is all they can afford to have done properly (lol).

Although, I do remember the Cool Rare Honoka side story "A place to go" was translated incorrectly in one place originally. The text said teacups but Honoka said jetcoaster (rollercoaster). They seemed to have fixed that though. I'm not sure if I have pic of that.

EDIT
Just went and checked it, I made a mistake.
The text says cotton candy but you can hear Honoka say kouhi cup (coffee cup, I assume that's what the Japanese call the teacup ride). However the text says cotton candy.

Yui

*pushes up glasses* Nahh, that's not her shrine maiden uniform. It's this one.

15553955352_8941226d36_o.png

Haha, Maki in pure terror mode, while Nozomi is really feeling "it".

@Card Outfit: It's just a normal short Kimono. It combines her traditional background with her somewhat lewd attitude, so it really fits Nozomi.

Sai-yu

Neo Member
Hello idolgaf! This is my first post. I've been lurking this thread while waiting for my account to be activated, been playing casually until this event because Maki is best idol, now I would say more but my despair right now is to high after seeing my final rank
not in top 1000
:'(.

Soooo I'm going to be in this corner crying alone a little while.

Hi, welcome to the gaf!
Ya, I feel ya. 3 hrs before the event ended my rank was like 370 ish, and when I woke up later to see,
my final ranking was 1037
. I just wanna drown in a puddle of despair

Qurex

Neo Member
It looks like a type of kimono to me, as evidenced by the cloth around her waist.

@Card Outfit: It's just a normal short Kimono. It combines her traditional background with her somewhat lewd attitude, so it really fits Nozomi.

Huh, didn't realise it was a kimono. The split sleeves made me think it was something else.
I also thought that those bells on her hair ties were part of sort of ceremonial dress.

I learned something new today!

Hachitora

Although, I do remember the Cool Rare Honoka side story "A place to go" was translated incorrectly in one place originally. The text said teacups but Honoka said jetcoaster (rollercoaster). They seemed to have fixed that though. I'm not sure if I have pic of that.

EDIT
Just went and checked it, I made a mistake.
The text says cotton candy but you can hear Honoka say kouhi cup (coffee cup, I assume that's what the Japanese call the teacup ride). However the text says cotton candy.
Lol, for a sec, I was laughing cuz I was wondering how one would mistranslate "jet coaster" to tea cup. Now that I see the edit and thought about how Japanese works, it makes a little bit of sense.
Kotori has the least amount of cards I like.
Lol, forgot she existed for a sec there. Yeah, I think it would be the same with me.

Qurex

Neo Member
Lol, for a sec, I was laughing cuz I was wondering how one would mistranslate "jet coaster" to tea cup. Now that I see the edit and thought about how Japanese works, it makes a little bit of sense.

Lol, forgot she existed for a sec there. Yeah, I think it would be the same with me.

I might be misunderstanding you here, but I'm not seeing how it makes sense to you that coffee cup was mistranslated as cotton candy.

I quite like the idolised form of Kotori's Birdwatching SR

GrandHusk

Hi, welcome to the gaf!
Ya, I feel ya. 3 hrs before the event ended my rank was like 370 ish, and when I woke up later to see,
my final ranking was 1037
. I just wanna drown in a puddle of despair
Yeah, same felling here. I was during the whole event ranking close to the top 500 to feel safe :(
That's the reason I haven't play in the last days... need to recover after that much despair.
edit: srry for the late pic was watching the anime
4ltEWYS.jpg

creepy Nozomi in stalker mode

Hachitora

I might be misunderstanding you here, but I'm not seeing how it makes sense to you that coffee cup was mistranslated as cotton candy.
Now that I think about it, it doesn't make much sense whatsoever. The main thing I was thinking about was that kouhi does kinda sound like cotton candy (which is why I said that I thought it made a little sense). Though now that I thought about it for more than two seconds this time, it doesn't make much sense. I think I'm just going crazy from the school work I've been staying up for.

Himemiya

I think Kotori has the best SR cards...I think the illustrators might be biased towards her 'cause I'm always like "damn this is too cute!"

Nozomi second.

@Yui coming back with cute anime girl avatars, I definitely approve of your current one <3

Qurex

Neo Member
Now that I think about it, it doesn't make much sense whatsoever. The main thing I was thinking about was that kouhi does kinda sound like cotton candy (which is why I said that I thought it made a little sense). Though now that I thought about it for more than two seconds this time, it doesn't make much sense. I think I'm just going crazy from the school work I've been staying up for.

Hmm, it's a bit of stretch but I understand what you mean now.

Perhaps you should stop studying and play some more Smash Bros. :p
You probably shouldn't do this

Mokoi

Banned
Kotori has one of the best UR cards. It's too much work to post a picture, but it's Minami Kotori [Ultra Rare #204]. Go look it up on the wiki.

I love that card.

Minami Kotori (Health Committee Ver.) [Super Rare #182] is one of my fav SR card of her.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah, same felling here. I was during the whole event ranking close to the top 500 to feel safe :(
That's the reason I haven't play in the last days... need to recover after that much despair.

I have yet to welcome you grandhusk! Also you're doing it wrong! Gotta follow thread traditions! Wheres the pic??!!

Qurex

Neo Member
Kotori has one of the best UR cards. It's too much work to post a picture, but it's Minami Kotori [Ultra Rare #204]. Go look it up on the wiki.

I love that card.

Minami Kotori (Health Committee Ver.) [Super Rare #182] is one of my fav SR card of her.

This one?

"Awarded as a login bonus as part of the one million players Christmas campaign."
Not sure we'll be getting this soon if we need 1 million players by Christmas.

Mokoi

Banned
This one?

"Awarded as a login bonus as part of the one million players Christmas campaign."
Not sure we'll be getting this soon if we need 1 million players by Christmas.
Yeah this one. I WANT IT!
Rules is rules

Tradition is tradition

IT'S NOT LIKE YOU EVEN FOLLOWED TRADITION! NOT POSTING NOZOMI IS A CRIME. (ALL CAPS BECAUSE I JUST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE TURN IT OFF)

Qurex

Neo Member
Well if we don't get that Kotori card, you can get the figure instead!

You mean this one announced by Alter? Don't know much about figures is this going to be good?
Besides by the time it's out it won't be Christmas anymore. Also, one of these is free and the other one costs money :p

Here's the regular version of Minami Kotori (Health Committee Ver.) [Super Rare #182] that Mokoi mentioned.
Here's the idoloised version.

Himemiya might be right, Kotori's cards are generally quite cute.

Top Bottom