• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Hachitora

Why are you skipping Eli's event?

I just don't like either version of her card. I might play for rewards, but I think it'd be better if I took a break. I'll most likely play Cutie Panther EX though.

I would also skip the Birdy and Honker events after, but their abilities are good :p

I was introduced by the PVs to LL. They where first right? Can't seem to remember being an animé available back in the day.
Yeah, PVs were first. I wish I could've been an LL hipster and be introduced to the series by them too, but I don't even think I was that into anime at that time :p

1402062420771lzy28.jpg
Jesus Christ this is not what I needed to see first thing in the morning

m0t0k1

I just don't like either version of her card. I might play for rewards, but I think it'd be better if I took a break. I'll most likely play Cutie Panther EX though.

I would also skip the Birdy and Honker events after, but their abilities are good :p

Yeah, PVs were first. I wish I could've been an LL hipster and be introduced to the series by them too, but I don't even think I was that into anime at that time :p

Jesus Christ this is not what I needed to see first thing in the morning

old yugioh always have been crazy the faces made it fun. Still crazy how different old yu gi oh is compared to the new although i must admit i like the new anime.

edit: Thanks for the mention yeah i got introduced to LL by coincidently encountering it by browsing to YT. watched S1 did not like it that much but then the games came and hook me in :D

JoeFu

Banned
I haven't watched any lives and have only seen like 4 music videos because of OSU!

Wait. I checked out the garasu no hanazono one lol. The fan bait is real

Hachitora

But Eli is a perfect maker too! I will definitely idolize Honoka, and maybe Kotori because her card is cute and its score match.

She is?

She is. I was thinking of Kotori. But I kinda wanna play the Kotori event cuz I like the un-idolized card. Dammit LL, gimme a break!

fek

The outfits look so good on everyone! That was nice despite the low quality, thanks for posting it fek
People are uploading lots of versions right now but youtube identifies the song and removes the sound of the video if you upload a direct capture. I'll post again if someone manages to upload a better one
The girls also danced the Youkai Watch ED, I think no one upload that yet so here's a short video loop:
https://vine.co/v/Ob1b9hx1vWi

Edit: someone upload a direct capture on nico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24730874

And here's the youkai watch dance, fun stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqw8i_6VQ7g&t=1m29s

m0t0k1

Sore wa bokutachi no Kiseki performed on music japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABg1TD8kiAg

Masked guys> cute girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwlIvzAmGyw

Lala! <3

PriPara and Aikatsu are my only hope to somehow survive until the LL movie.
Didn't expect anything from Pripara tbh, but it's actually great. Still catching up on Aikatsu.

Yeah i finished S1 of Aikatsu and i loved it but never started s2 for some reason because heard it was not as good. Is pripara getting a movie then? I have high hopes for the aikatsu movie that it will not contain any needless drama.

Yui

Yeah i finished S1 of Aikatsu and i loved it but never started s2 for some reason because heard it was not as good. Is pripara getting a movie then? I have high hopes for the aikatsu movie that it will not contain any needless drama.

PriPara is getting a movie yeah. And I'm still on the fist season of Aikatsu.
Is there a lot of drama later on? Since it's aimed at kids and stuff, I thought they would avoid the usual forced drama.

m0t0k1

PriPara is getting a movie yeah. And I'm still on the fist season of Aikatsu.
Is there a lot of drama later on? Since it's aimed at kids and stuff, I thought they would avoid the usual forced drama.

No drama at all. Maybe the season end cliffhanger is a bit bittersweet. But its a kid show can't have little girls crying to there mommy :p of course they run across problems but they solve them by working hard.

m0t0k1

Drama is a real thing that happens you guys

Life can't be easy all the time, even anime life

Nothing wrong with drama. But in LL i am studying overseas ohh noes i will leave you guys. or omg we are graduating. That should be a happy time you are moving up in your life. But here in LL it becomes a cry fest. Same level of stupid drama in the imas movie or other idol series. That is why i liked aikatsu. She does go like Omg nooo i became fat instead of going doshio, Ichigo trained harder to lose her weight. That is how i like them to deal with problems in idol anime attack stuff head on. But drama has its place but i find it not very fitting for happy go lucky idol anime. Things like scandals and stuff i can understand but don't go nuts on it. But if you liked it more power to you. There probably more people who like that change of pace.

Mokoi

Banned
Found a picture of mokoi in real life thought i would just post it here.....
motokes pls, I would never
The worst thing that guy with the Nozomi tattoo did is wear camo pants/shorts.

Literally worse than getting a tattoo of an anime girl.

Yeah I find that to be the most offensive thing.

Pregnancy test why.
It's a ongoing meme or something.

I thought this look cool, and as for Aikatsu that cg hit hard. It was totally unexpected, and I do not like. I'm only watching for blue hair idoru.

Something Love live related. I found it amusing.

DiGiKerot

Aikatsu S2 is fine. There's an animation hit early on - the studio Sunrise was co-producing the show with bailed, and took some of the best animators with it - but it stabilises again pretty early on. There's huge leaps in the quality of the CG and the performances right off the bat in S2, though, and it continues to improve as the show goes on. All of the new characters in the show are pretty fun as well.

Honestly, it's quality is pretty much on par with the first series in general.

m0t0k1

motokes pls, I would never

Yeah I find that to be the most offensive thing.

I thought this look cool, and as for Aikatsu that cg hit hard. It was totally unexpected, and I do not like. I'm only watching for blue hair idoru.

Something Love live related. I found it amusing.

I was only joking sorry if i insulted you was not the point. Nice picture 14 year old girls driving guess its part of the idol activities :D I also started to watch that show for blue but stayed for blond although i really like blue. There is something charming about blond eating all the time.

Aikatsu S2 is fine. There's an animation hit early on - the studio Sunrise was co-producing the show with bailed, and took some of the best animators with it - but it stabilises again pretty early on. There's huge leaps in the quality of the CG and the performances right off the bat in S2, though, and it continues to improve as the show goes on. All of the new characters in the show are pretty fun as well.

Honestly, it's quality is pretty much on par with the first series in general.

Cool i will watch it in a couple of months then :D i really go at a slow pace. I saw some of the performances and it looks like the CG improved a lot.

It's not that I like it, but it isn't something I dread before even watching a show/movie.

Its not something i dread either. But Imas movie has disapointed me so in the drama department i thought it was well done in the anime. And the 2 seasons of LL also had drama i did not like so the only anime i am expecting some drama that i am not going to like is in LL movie but they could surprise me and have some struggle drama during the movie and i may actually like it. Its not like i am hating it before seeing the movie but i am ready to keep my expectations in check. I am not expecting drama in the Aikatsu movie and that is what i feel i want to see at the moment. A fun idol anime with not much drama. If aikatsu can deliver that maybe next anime movie i want to see some drama. Its just setting up my expectations.

Himemiya

But it's the worst meme.

life ends after high school it's in the law
Can anybody honestly say that their relationships with their friends are exactly the same as they were in HS or that you even meet as frequently. Compound that with the fact that they're school idols and will obviously miss schooling and idoling together.

LL movie should have them agree to go pro together.

Mokoi

Banned
I was only joking sorry if i insulted you was not the point. Nice picture 14 year old girls driving guess its part of the idol activities :D I also started to watch that show for blue but stayed for blond although i really like blue. There is something charming about blond eating all the time.

lol didn't take that as an insult, and hey it's never too early to drive! I've only watched two episodes so far though. Not sure if I even like like it yet. Also I should probably go watch them LL PVs sometime. I've only seen two I believe.

Also I don't like Rins Idolized version at all. It's terrible

m0t0k1

lol didn't take that as an insult, and hey it's never too early to drive! I've only watched two episodes so far though. Not sure if I even like like it yet. Also I should probably go watch them LL PVs sometime. I've only seen two I believe.

Also I don't like Rins Idolized version at all. It's terrible

Its not for everyone. Aikatsu is clearly aimed at younger girls. So there is not much progress and things to go by but you have to like the character interaction and small girls chopping threes and doing other crazy stuff. I must admit hearing the same songs every episodes can get pretty tiring but sometimes i just skip to the non cg parts to avoid over saturation. But yeah a kids show aimed at selling cards so they will probably be not bothered by that.

Also agree on the idolized rin. Not a big fan of the paws.

DiGiKerot

Its not for everyone. Aikatsu is clearly aimed at younger girls. So there is not much progress and things to go by but you have to like the character interaction and small girls chopping threes and doing other crazy stuff. I must admit hearing the same songs every episodes can get pretty tiring but sometimes i just skip to the non cg parts to avoid over saturation. But yeah a kids show aimed at selling cards so they will probably be not bothered by that.

This is one of the other things I think improves going into the second season - they started throwing out CDs, and therefore new songs into the show, far more frequently. There's quite a few songs which only appear in the show the once, though certain tracks do inevitably get recycled a few times.

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version has been announced.

The next event for the English version is "I'm Gonna Get You!" (&#29554;&#29289;&#12399;…&#21531;&#12384;&#12424;&#65281; Emono wa... Kimi dayo!)

With the start of this event, the Second Round of events has started for the English version.

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Book" tokens.
Book_event.png

The event will start on October 20 at 9 AM UTC and end on October 31 at 8 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Smile Super Rare Card, Ayase Eli (Reading Ver.) [Super Rare #174]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Smile card, Leo [Normal #173]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.

The event song will be "Cutie Panther".
This song is from BiBi's second single of the same name. It is sung by µ's sub-unit BiBi, consisting of Nishikino Maki, Ayase Eli, and Yazawa Nico.

Here is the note distribution for the song:
vbNdDdZ.png

From October 27 12 AM UTC until the end of the event, a 4x version of the event song as well an EX version will be available to play.
Also available from October 27 there will be extra bonus G from select songs. 150% for Normal and 200% for Hard.

Countdown for the start of the English event.
t1413795600z0.png

The next event for the Japanese Version has been announced.

The next event is &#20955;&#12392;&#19968;&#22812;&#12398;&#38291;&#36949;&#12356;&#12290; (Rin to ichiya no machigai lit. One Night's Mistake with Rin - I'm not sure if I'm translating this right)

This is the seventh of the School idol diary collaboration events - as you gain event points, you will unlock a popular chapter from the series (this time featuring Rin).

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Bell" tokens.

The event will start on October 20 at 4 PM JST and end on October 31 at 3 PM JST.

The main reward for this event is a Super Rare Card, Hoshizora Rin (Cat Girl Ver.).

The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown.

The event song will be &#24651;&#12398;&#12471;&#12464;&#12490;&#12523;Rin rin rin! (Koi No Shigunaru Rin rin rin! lit. Love's Signal Rin Rin Rin!)
This song is a single sung by Hoshizora Rin. It is track 2 on the Mermaid Festa Vol. 2 ~Passionate~ duo single. The song is also included in &#956;'s Best Album Best Live! Collection.

From October 27 until the end of the event, a 4x version of the event song as well as two EX versions (regular + randomized) will be available to play.
From October 28 until the end of the event, certain stages (changes daily) will give extra gold rewards (1.5x for NORMAL, 2x for HARD)

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event.
t1413788400z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the info on the events.

GrandHusk

Hey guys!! I wish all of you the best luck for this event, especially for the people that is aiming for the idolized cards. I'm not going to be posting here in the next few days because of some bad news I just received. I feel like doing it, but with all the fun and energy that everyone have in here every day, would make me feel hypocrite with myself if i'm not feeling happy right now
(I'm pretty sure most wouldn't have noticed my absence, because I'm too new here)
. So just passing to say bye! thanks for receiving me and see you later.
Oh, and you better don't forget me or I'll curse you all with the RNGods so you get nothing but despair in your next pulls ;P
I'll keep playing, but I'm not going to go for second tier as I had planned to do.

Hachitora

Lol, this was posted a while ago on another forum I go to and I just remembered it. It's weird in the beginning, but other than that it's pretty interesting :p
Hey guys!! I wish all of you the best luck for this event, especially for the people that is aiming for the idolized cards. I'm not going to be posting here in the next few days because of some bad news I just received. I feel like doing it, but with all the fun and energy that everyone have in here every day, would make me feel hypocrite with myself if i'm not feeling happy right now
(I'm pretty sure most wouldn't have noticed my absence, because I'm too new here)
. So just passing to say bye! thanks for receiving me and see you later.
Oh, and you better don't forget me or I'll curse you all with the RNGods so you get nothing but despair in your next pulls ;P
I'll keep playing, but I'm not going to go for second tier as I had planned to do.
:( Sad to hear about it. Hope things get better for you and we see you soon. And we care about everybody, even new guys :p

Top Bottom