• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

froliq

Does anyone know how much longer Halloween Nozomi will be in the current UR box?
I might have to get some Loveca even though Japanese Gift Cards seem pretty expensive.

Until the next new card comes which is when the current event ends. She'll be in the box for a while but the newer cards will always have a higher % chance, also the guaranteed SR+ of that box isn't on anymore.

I hate having 70 LP what kind of number is this

JoeFu

Banned
Until the next new card comes which is when the current event ends. She'll be in the box for a while but the newer cards will always have a higher % chance, also the guaranteed SR+ of that box isn't on anymore.

I hate having 70 LP what kind of number is this

so close to that coveted 74/75 though.

Hachitora

Whoa, I don't remember Anemone Heart being this easy. Got an A rank combo on it while grinding during class.

Edit: Got Korekara Nico from an FP draw. Why you no give me Maki? :(

Crescent-

Sigh

2hufJs3.png

Himemiya

Cutie Panther is so much fun for real. And so catchy.

Finally cleared a spicy today (Anemone Heart) and that one at least, was easy
but technically my second try yeah yeah

elhaym

lol kept forgetting to turn off live cut-ins in both versions on my new iPad.

Yeaaaaah, not so much FCing any EX there. =p

Hachitora

About to FC Anemone Heart, but I get messages from my friend asking about homework ;_; I need to learn to turn off iMessage before I play

tenton

Oh cool they have birthday sayings? Kotori had a really long message when I started the game lol.

Yes, each character says something different. I screen capped them all for this one and the last one (where the started coming up), but I'd guess JP people already did before me and have them up somewhere.

Hachitora

What I do so I don't get messages/calls in the middle of play is I turn on airplane mode and then wifi. Saves my FCs.

Been humming it a lot, and I used to dislike this song...

Oh that's pretty smart. And how could you dislike Cutie Panther? That's the best BiBi song, I'll have you know

tenton

What I do is when I remember (or am reminded by failure) is to turn on Guided Access mode; that generally stops most everything from interrupting. Not sure what the Android equivalent is to that, if there is one.

Himemiya

Oh that's pretty smart. And how could you dislike Cutie Panther? That's the best BiBi song, I'll have you know

Hmm I loved Love Novels as soon as I heard it, it's cute and fun. Panther on the other hand I thought the taunting/whispering stuff and the instrumentals sounded icky, but hey I've warmed up to it.

Had to look up guided access and it sounds really smart. For airplane mode you have to turn it on and then off everytime you're done. Unless you want to shut the whole world out for a while, that is.

JoeFu

Banned
Android 5.0 is getting a DND mode so that might help people. Also wondering if this game runs on ART because games like puzzles and dragons didn't when I tried using ART back when the Nexus 5 first came out.

Hachitora

And that makes two spicy FCs. I wish my JP teams didn't suck so I could get the S-rank also

Edit: I should probably make one of those perfect-maker teams so that I can FC these songs faster. I want to actually play songs I like for token grinding.

JoeFu

Banned
had to max bond some peeps to be able to draw. not surprised at how awful it was. Decided to draw from the 3rd year box because I need me some Nico

preeeeetty awful, but whatever I expected it!

At least I got to idolize the new R Nico and the SR I got was Nico

JoeFu

Banned
Kore Kara Nico is so cute, I only got Kotori and Rin so far

I only have Nico and Hanayo. The dresses and animal ones are the best. The one's with the tiny tophats are boring.

Oh yeah anybody in here going to try out monster strike? ( i sent you a friend request fek)

elhaym

So I've been ignoring the JP event for the most part, despite the amazing Rin cards that I know I can't get.

I think I didn't listen to Koi no Signal Rin Rin Rin! when I got the BDs. I didn't like it when I was trying to figure out the notes, but damn if the song isn't growing on me.

Also it bothers me more and more how little character development she got. =(

I just recently started playing this. I have read some of the more recent posts as well as the first post and some stuff from the wiki. I would like to ask a few questions to make sure I am playing efficiently.

1 - At this point, I have only 2 R characters, one of which I just got and, as it turns out, is the same character (though not transformed). I have been leveling a few different characters but am now thinking I should be putting everything on these two. Would that be best for now?

2 - I am at 38 love stones or so. I should go ahead and wait for 50 to get my 11 draws, right? And at that point I could pretty much re-do my group lineup with all R or better?

3 - Since we have multiple units, should I have teams all of one color so I can maximize my score on songs?

I'm sure I will have more but I appreciate the input.

m0t0k1

I just recently started playing this. I have read some of the more recent posts as well as the first post and some stuff from the wiki. I would like to ask a few questions to make sure I am playing efficiently.

1 - At this point, I have only 2 R characters, one of which I just got and, as it turns out, is the same character (though not transformed). I have been leveling a few different characters but am now thinking I should be putting everything on these two. Would that be best for now?

2 - I am at 38 love stones or so. I should go ahead and wait for 50 to get my 11 draws, right? And at that point I could pretty much re-do my group lineup with all R or better?

3 - Since we have multiple units, should I have teams all of one color so I can maximize my score on songs?

I'm sure I will have more but I appreciate the input.

firstly welcome to the ot :) to answer your questions:

1. If the others are normal they are not worth your time. They dont have any special powers, weak points and low life. Only use them to max bond them and idolize them for getting loveca out of them. Focus on your best cards all the time.

2. Yes waiting for 50 so a 10+1 draw is vital. At first the R comes in handy but you will get an guarenteed SR if you draw after an event. those are way stronger then a R so its well worth your time to wait. I did a couple of random draws while it might help you a bit in the short draw it does not help you in the long run. There is like a 10% chance to draw an SR and a 1% chance to draw an UR so it will only bring despair.

3. Yes its very important. If you look at the song you can see what kind of color the song is red,blue,green Use the corresponding idols for the songs to get higher ranks and score on the songs. They have hidden multiplyers for example i believe. so if you hit a green note with a green idol you get 1.1x the score instead of 1.0x The only rule to the exception is if you have a stronger card then the ones you have for example if your R has a strong secondary stat it would not hurt to use them on other songs then their own color. But try to avoid it as much as possible. There is an auto create team function use that in the beginning to create your corresponding team colors.

Hope this helps a bit.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
75 tries to FC Susume --> Tomorrow... 75!

Also, I am aiming for top 200 even though I'm not seeing the progression through my math! Wonder how many people are saving their tokens for EX...

@Tonner Cyn Welcome.

@Safs Poor Umi.I demand they give out free Umi URs to make up for it.

Thanks everyone! I just installed it on my phone and the experience is a little different. Still, this way I can play a little at work or at home and not have to swipe the ipad from my daughters.

4 - Do all the initial leaders have the same skills?

5 - I'm not sure how quickly I will get to 50 but there is an event right now, isn't there? So wait until it is over to draw my 10+1?

m0t0k1

Thanks everyone! I just installed it on my phone and the experience is a little different. Still, this way I can play a little at work or at home and not have to swipe the ipad from my daughters.

5 - I'm not sure how quickly I will get to 50 but there is an event right now, isn't there? So wait until it is over to draw my 10+1?

4. I believe so yes. But Honoka has the most smile(red) points as starter but it wont make much of a difference,

5 Yes there is an event right now most of them will take around 10 to 11 days after that if you do a 50 stones draw there is a window for usually like 5 days you will guarenteed get a SR card. But the game usually says how long that window is so we have to wait a bit to know for sure. It really is important to do in that window. Participating in events also nets you an SR but it can be a grind so if you do have time be sure to participate in events with us too :)

Qurex

Neo Member

Welcome!

4. No they don't all have the same skill. The initial Smile Rare Cards have 2 skills.
Rhythmical Charm - For every 17 hit combo string, there is a 36% chance of increasing player's score by 200 points. (Level 1)
Timer Charm - Every 10 seconds, there is a 36% chance of increasing player's score by 200 points. (Level 1)

Unless you were referring to the center skills? In which case yes, all the initial Smile Rare Cards have the Center Skill - Smile Power - Increases Smile points by a bit.

5. Yes there is an event going on at the moment. You might not need to wait to do a draw. We're actually getting new cards tommorow, so there's a decent chance that they'll do a guaranteed SR draw as well for the rest of this event. But that's only if you can get to 50 Loveca before the event ends. Otherwise there should be a guaranteed SR draw after the event.

So this event I've been collecting tokens on Hard songs only, it's a nice change compared to before where I was just playing EX and Daily B-Sides.

A lot more variety in songs for one, also give me loads of idols/cash for levelling my new SRs.

I'm slowly raising the play count for each song as well. Got a few songs nearer to A-Rank clearing now. The rest are still B-Rank and C-Rank though. One day I'll get those S-Rank clears.

Yaari

How do I split my focus between 2 versions.. I don't want to slack on EN because it is my main account, but that Rin on JP..

Not enough time to be in 2 events. My LP is constant full on my new JP account.

tenton

How do I split my focus between 2 versions.. I don't want to slack on EN because it is my main account, but that Rin on JP..

It's difficult. I've had to decide that I want my life back, so I'm no longer trying for the top tier in the EN event. Just 2nd tier in both events.

Qurex

Neo Member
Here's a countdown until the System Maintenance starts in the English version.

A reminder that it runs from 7AM UTC - 9 AM UTC tomorrow morning (Friday 24 October).

Countdown until the System Maintenance
t1414134000z0.png

I guess we'll be getting the rest of the missing cards tommorow.
Which ones are we still missing? Was it the initial cards or the summer cards? I can't remember.

Looking at the update history of the Japanese version, it looks like starting from the next event, so Score Match Second Round, we should get those special themed premium recruitment boxes (BiBI boxes, 3rd year only boxes, Pure Card Boxes etc).
Unless they decide to bring it forward to this event, and do one tommorow after adding the new cards.

cpooi

Well, that Rin will end up in EN in a year, so you can just focus on EN and wait. Probably will help prevent burnout as well.

Just use JP for practice and when you feel like playing, and for drawing 10+1.

Yaari

Well, that Rin will end up in EN in a year, so you can just focus on EN and wait. Probably will help prevent burnout as well.

Just use JP for practice and when you feel like playing, and for drawing 10+1.

Yeah that might be the best approach for me. I'll just collect my rewards and possibly get Loveca for completing the event songs, but that will be it.

GrandHusk

HI EVERYBODY I'M BACK. HAVE MISSED YA ALL!! :'D
tumblr_n7y886icuv1s5f9ado1_500.gif

top 4000 is moving too sloooow. I have barely played today and they can't even catch up

@Tonner Cyn Welcome to the best thread.
:p

Draxal

Here's a countdown until the System Maintenance starts in the English version.

A reminder that it runs from 7AM UTC - 9 AM UTC tomorrow morning (Friday 24 October).

Countdown until the System Maintenance
t1414134000z0.png

I guess we'll be getting the rest of the missing cards tommorow.
Which ones are we still missing? Was it the initial cards or the summer cards? I can't remember.

Looking at the update history of the Japanese version, it looks like starting from the next event, so Score Match Second Round, we should get those special themed premium recruitment boxes (BiBI boxes, 3rd year only boxes, Pure Card Boxes etc).
Unless they decide to bring it forward to this event, and do one tommorow after adding the new cards.

Initial ur nozomi animal maki job nico

samisuperfly

Neo Member
I started playing Love Live JPN two days ago and i'm slowly regaining control of my life. We need that faster leveling update in the English version. lol

I've been using wonderful rush EX to level up pretty fast. Thanks Japan for having that on EX. It's One of the few ex levels I've done ok with.

Top Bottom