• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

fek

Is that Eli or her sister? Honoka should be with Magikarp!
It's Alisa, really cute drawings

Got my Rippi calendar and Eli figure today, sorry for the bad pic quality. Eli looks alright, couple dirt spots or something on her back.
Are you going to hang the calendar in your room?

I got some stuff today too but it's just a manga and the SIF artbook. It's the reprint, I only bought the fanbook in the first release. Problem is the reprint got the wrong promo card code, so no UR Eli for me. And the promo code is from the novel μ's no natsuyasumi which I already have to makes things worse

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Hope you enjoy her, kinda forgot she was 1/8 so I was a little disappointed with the size

Yeah, her being 1/8 kinda sucks since most of my figures are 1/7. First Eli figure that isn't beach queen or a prize figure tho, so I'm still excited for mine

Qurex

Neo Member
Did the guy who made beatmap videos of all the Love Live songs delete his channel or something?
Not sure, which channel are you talking about? The videos might have got taken down due to the music.

----------------------------

I forgot how much extra time was needed to collect tokens to get to the top tier. Still got quite a way to go.

Anyway, I went round several shops with my friend today to help him look for a new phone. I took this chance to install Love Live on as many store display models as I could.

Oh and I FC'ed Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love the other day, my first proper EX FC.
n8Ms4pZ.png
I did FC No brand girls EX during the last event (Second Round SCORE MATCH) but that didn't really count since I didn't get the rewards for clearing it.
Speaking of which I have still yet to FC No brand girls EX now that it's in rotation.

In other news there is some new Love Live stuff.

You can buy an ema, the wooden plaques that you put wishes/prayers on, with a picture of Nozomi on it.

You can also buy a charm with a picture of Nozomi on it.

Mokoi

Banned
Anyway, I went round several shops with my friend today to help him look for a new phone. I took this chance to install Love Live on as many store display models as I could.
Good job!
Did the guy who made beatmap videos of all the Love Live songs delete his channel or something?
https://www.youtube.com/user/OktopazOfficial/videos
The videos are still up, but yeah it seems they got flagged. lol
Viewing tip : as you may know that i've pitched up the song to avoid the video getting muted/blocked (like before) some of you may find it annoying to listen to the pitched up version, here's a workaround....

View the 80% version and set the speed to 1.25 and voila! it's the original speed with original pitch

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
those miis dont really resemble them at all, except nico and hanayo
The anime Miis are almost impossible to make because so many recognise them from their big anime eyes which Miis don't have or their crazy hair which Mii's again don't have.

I once tried iM@S Miis and gave up after one HA HA.

Edit: I just remembered that I posted the QR codes for my miis on here somewhere. Lemme see if I can find them.

Edit2: My µ's miis Probs not as good as BGBW's (especially dat Nico) but they're there. lol, didn't notice I quoted instead of edited. Whoops~

Edit3: This is probably a bit better to see
That Kotori hair colour is much better. Must have overlooked it. Guess I need to go back and edit mine HA HA.

vato_loco

Started playing this game based on this thread. I'm enjoying this a lot, but still rather confused on all that idolizing and leveling and stuff. Right now I don't have many songs and can't get anywhere near a B rating, even though I'm almost perfecting the song on Hard Mode.

I'm missing a lot of stuff, but I'm playing it a little slow.

Any reccomendations for a complete noob?

Also I'm playing the Android version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well for starters you have three types: Smile, Pure and Cool of which each song is a certain type. This means that each marker will give you points based on the attributes of the card you've place there so it's usually best to use a cool team for a cool song for example.

Levelling up card will increase those points and idolising cards will raise the maximum level (you only do this once). The rarer cares will usually be worth more points but at the beginning you'll be relying on the normals. Getting a maximum bond with them will unlock their story for which you get a Loveca (heart) which you can then use to get some rare cards (try to hit 50 before drawing).

Unlocking songs comes as a result of unlocking stories which require you to meet the criteria listed on the homepage (usually get to a certain level or beat a song that you've just unlocked).

Remember, this is a free to play game so they do want you to spend money on it, but I've managed to play without spending a penny.

cpooi

Started playing this game based on this thread. I'm enjoying this a lot, but still rather confused on all that idolizing and leveling and stuff. Right now I don't have many songs and can't get anywhere near a B rating, even though I'm almost perfecting the song on Hard Mode.

Welcome to best thread.

A few basic things. Never spend love gems unless you are clicking the 50 love gem for 11 honour scouts button, during an guaranteed SR or above period.

Only exception is if you want to expand your member list or doing it for event, in which your mileage may vary.

Make sure you create the correct team for the correct song: there are 3 types, pure, smile and cool.

GrandHusk

welcome to best thread
PEN2WMz.gif

Other people will teach you the basics, but don't waste your loveca, save it until you have 50 and do a 10+1 draw when the event ends, there should be a guarantee SR so you don't risk getting 11 R cards.

Sai-yu

Neo Member

Hey, welcome to the thread!
So yeah, for loveca....if you reaaallly need to, only buy them during events
(or you'll end up like me, using 10 loveca for 2 draws & only getting rares)

Himemiya

That feeling of 2.3k+ tokens to spend in JP and it's the last full week of classes. Never lost control of an event to quite this extent yet. Don't even want to think about EN.

That Kotori hair colour is much better. Must have overlooked it. Guess I need to go back and edit mine HA HA.

There's also grey. I remember when Hachi's Kotori had grey hair, what happened?
I still have it.
Kotori hair is weird in general.

Welcome to the new person! Events are where you can get semi-exclusive powerful cards just by playing regularly. Twice a month! Be sure to give Hanayo your full attention next Friday people!!

Hugstable

Banned
welcome to best thread
PEN2WMz.gif

Other people will teach you the basics, but don't waste your loveca, save it until you have 50 and do a 10+1 draw when the event ends, there should be a guarantee SR so you don't risk getting 11 R cards.

Yup always wait for those guaranteed SR draws, even though I still only get Nico's from them -____-

Hachitora

There's also grey. I remember when Hachi's Kotori had grey hair, what happened?
I still have it.
Kotori hair is weird in general.

It had gray hair? I don't remember that at all. I probably changed it cuz I thought she looked too much like an old lady or something :p

Hey there new guy! Everyone else has already given good advice, so the only advice I can give is to never do single pulls, no matter how many times Mokoi tells you to

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member

You can also buy a charm with a picture of Nozomi on it.

Nice! I'll wait for the commemorative 1 week of loveca and event tier changes.
That Nozomi merch is so cute. I want that charm.

I want the charm too! Wait... is it a washi washi charm?

Welcome! try to max bond the normal girls to get the lovecas from that to get to 50 faster, once you do that pull you'll get at least 10 rares which will boost your scores. Also feed your normal girls to the rares and SRs.

Feed your SR lawn. Feed it.!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wondered if Love Live would ever go as far as try to copy iM@S and start a Cinderella Girls-esque spin-off starring all these normals they are introducing, but thinking about it a bit more, the game is designed to make you reject all the normals and concentrate on the core nine meaning none of the normals will develop any sort of fanbase. They failed in their long term vision. Need to make some Rs, SRs and URs of the normals.

Hugstable

Banned
I wondered if Love Live would ever go as far as try to copy iM@S and start a Cinderella Girls-esque spin-off starring all these normals they are introducing, but thinking about it a bit more, the game is designed to make you reject all the normals and concentrate on the core nine meaning none of the normals will develop any sort of fanbase. They failed in their long term vision. Need to make some Rs, SRs and URs of the normals.

Long live the Nun

fek

I don't know. Are you going to hang yours up? For some reason I didn't think you would have to rip each page off.
Yeah, it would be sad to do that. I have a 2013 calendar I just hang it up in the front page forever, I think I will do the same again
Also happy birthday Kincaido!

Any news on a fix for android 5.0?

The main thing I did since launch was make sure that I played every single song in the game. Including the ones that appeared at the end of the later events. Now it seems like they've messed it up for me.

Crescent-

Happy birthday to Kincaido!

So some good things happened to me on the JP version:

Got my first UR through support ticket yesterday

16WhtcIl.jpg

And I finally did this!

gT1gIwp.png

Hugstable

Banned
Happy birthday to Kincaido!

So some good things happened to me on the JP version:

Got my first UR through support ticket yesterday

16WhtcIl.jpg

And I finally did this!

gT1gIwp.png

Happy Birthday Kincaido, and congrats on your first SR! I know my first one will come sooner or later, gotta start saving up for my next big pull, last one ended up with an SR Nico for my guaranteed SR lol.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Love you all <3

Also congrats on the UR crescent

That Eli are is amazing qurex <3

cpooi

Happy Birthday Kincaido!

May you draw an UR Eli.

I'm kinda busy due to exams, but I should still be able to get the event girls.

Top Bottom