• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Hugstable

Banned
#Chokesohard

Thumbs just didn't want to move at the end. Guess I got too excited about potential FC looooool

Git Gud :O

Heh. UFO Catcher figure as well?

B3yTgy6CMAAF38J.jpg

Where is all this coming from? lol

Sai-yu

Neo Member
Oh my gad, The recent EX EN event song completely wrecked me on my ipod. The amount of notes that flew past the screen all at once made the song lag and I didn't even know what I was doing mid-song anymore. It's more like high-speed whack-a-mole than a rhythm game.

Qurex

Neo Member
Just wondering, are μ's songs still being made, because I can only recall new subgroup songs.
There is a new song coming out with the limited-edition Blu-ray volume 7 of the anime's second season.
Soshite saigo no peji niha (そして最後のページには lit. And to the last page, not sure that's the right way to translate it).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GssfQD9oO34
It comes out on Thursday, December 25th, so Christmas.

Ok so I've been playing in jp all morning and I'm still kinda overwhelmed.
Here's my ID
I wouldn't mind some friends.
This reminds me, we have that ID list in the OP. Although it hasn't been used recently.

Neogaf Friendlist with game IDs
Request form to be added to the Neogaf Friendlist

i did it, i got my second UR
everything else was R :(
Congrats on the UR

------------------------

So I finished at Rank 33 for the event and Rank 827 for the Song Score.

Turns out I ranked slightly higher than I did for the last Honoka event, "Heart on my sleeve".
Although, now that I actually took another look at my screenshots from back then, it looks like the ranking shown for when I collected the rewards doesn't match. It was Rank 34 on the Rewards list and Rank 35 on the actual list.

I do know how many Loveca I used, level ups etc..
I have it written down on a note. I'll post about that in more detail later since I have to check the numbers match my screenshots.

Qurex

Neo Member
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that new song. Congrats on your event ranking too, I didn't know you were a Honoka fan, but I suppose thats why you rock a Honoka Rare during score match.

Hmm~ you didn't realise?
I feel like I've hinted at it before a few times, perhaps it was too subtle.

Yeah that's why I use a Honoka Rare during score match. Just like how some people use the Normals, I use a Honoka Rare instead of an SR or my Hanayo UR.

I could use a Honoka SR or the Promo UR if I wanted. But I noticed during score match that you don't tend to see people use the Rares. At least on the harder difficulties or in the higher ranks (rank 4000 - rank 1, not sure if there are some in the 8000 tier, never checked). So it probably stands out a bit.

Although I've seen bots use idolised Rares occasionally.

Yui

Still no EN update for lollipop :(

Have they announced anything along those lines? (I have been kind of out of the loop these past two weeks)
Since I fear it might take them a long time. (worst case, they just wait until we hit the current JPN version ehehehe....)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess I'll just have to take another break from the game if they don't hurry up with an update. They could at least post an announcement that they are working on it.

JoeFu

Banned
Have they announced anything along those lines? (I have been kind of out of the loop these past two weeks)
Since I fear it might take them a long time. (worst case, they just wait until we hit the current JPN version ehehehe....)

Yeah that's what I fear. Oh well. Will just focus on JP for the time being. They got an update out fairly quickly. Don't get why they can't do anything for EN.

Guess I'll just have to take another break from the game if they don't hurry up with an update. They could at least post an announcement that they are working on it.

Yeah. I wish they would say something. Keeping people on the dark isn't helping anything.

Yaari

kLab EN never tells us anything, but they sure love to take our money.

On Reddit I was reading someone lost his account through that update. Not sure what that was about. Guess he did not have his transfer code down, so be cautious.

There's apparently a new sorting option but I have no idea how it works.

cpooi

Haven't been posting much lately. (Still in the midst of exams)

But ver 2.2 seems to have removed the lag spike that I usually get when my score bar hits S.

rip for the people still waiting for android 5 support in en.

Markun

The new UI stuff JP SIF added includes the newest to oldest button added to album, like Safs mentioned, and the ability to skip the tap test when you're calibrating the timing on your device.

cpooi

Hey guys, haven't been able to come on here since Eli abandoned me. *sniffle

My recent Eli hunt results *sniffle

Eli why!?!?!?! *sob

Save your loveca for the major update. Then you get guaranteed SR on special recruitment boxes, which means 3 times the chance of getting the gal of your choice. Also, support tickets.

Also, why you feeding Rs to SRs? You should be upping the skill ranks of Rs.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Save your loveca for the major update. Then you get guaranteed SR on special recruitment boxes, which means 3 times the chance of getting the gal of your choice. Also, support tickets.

Also, why you feeding Rs to SRs? You should be upping the skill ranks of Rs.

Because I'm not using Rs anymore? Also, I was aiming specifically for December UR Eli not SRs or paperwork Eli.

cpooi

I was aiming specifically for December UR Eli not SRs or paperwork Eli.

I think specific UR hunting is almost guaranteed to end in tears, unless you burn a lot of cash.
And sometimes, even so. RIP Raven.
Assuming a 0.4%* chance to get the card when it is new, doing 4 10+1 pulls gives you only a
1 - 0.996^44 = 16.17%
chance of getting at least 1 of her.

*Value taken from the card drawing simulator, not sure if accurate.

cpooi

Why does it even matter? Anyone can pull when they want to. This isn't math homework

It matters, cause if you are going to spends cash and/or months of loveca for a chance to get a card, you ought to know what that chance is.

Is optimising in games frowned upon now?

JoeFu

Banned
You can optimize all you want, but this isn't min/maxing DPS in WoW. There are way too many random factors.

And maybe some people just don't care about optimizing. After optimizing your chances you might end up with crap while some people get stuff from single draws, some people get 3 URs in a 10+1 draw. It doesn't matter at the end of the day.

We all know there is pretty much no chance to ever get the card you want. There are hundreds of cards and there is no way to influence what you get. And while some people can wait a year for klab to implement the changes in JP, there's no fun in waiting. Telling people to wait and how to level up doesn't really concern you either.

CoinArt

Hello friends, I've been lurking here for a while, and I'm finally able to post. I've been playing EN since just after launch and JP intermittently since Kotori's birthday, and I'm pleased to be able to occasionally contribute to this thread.

My friend lists are full of a bunch of scrubs I don't know, so feel free to send me requests (they're largely scrubs with URs, though, so this isn't a plea). I lucked into a Cool UR in each of my first pulls, so anyone who needs such a friend is cordially invited.

EN friend ID: 135584207
JP friend ID: 148922560

P.S. NicoxMaki 4lyfe

JoeFu

Banned
Klab support emailed me

We apologize for the time it took us to respond.

Regarding your concern, we would like to inform you that there was an issue where one could not conduct downloads within the application on 11/27(Thur) 9:12~11:2.

The details are the following:

・The connection is cut short when downloading the songs, main stories, and side stories.
・The connection is cut short when updating the data.
・The images in the notification are not displayed correctly.

We are glad to inform you that we have resolved the issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused.

Game still doesn't work haha

cpooi

You can optimize all you want, but this isn't min/maxing DPS in WoW. There are way too many random factors.

And maybe some people just don't care about optimizing. After optimizing your chances you might end up with crap while some people get stuff from single draws, some people get 3 URs in a 10+1 draw. It doesn't matter at the end of the day.

We all know there is pretty much no chance to ever get the card you want. There are hundreds of cards and there is no way to influence what you get. And while some people can wait a year for klab to implement the changes in JP, there's no fun in waiting. Telling people to wait and how to level up doesn't really concern you either.

If that's the case, why do people wait for guaranteed SR? Obviously people care about optimisation. It is just the extent in which they care differs from people to people. And that's fine. I'm just offering some details and advice here, which some people might find useful.

Just because it is probabilistic is no reason not to optimise. That's like saying that just cause quantum mechanics is probabilistic it shouldn't be studied.

I just don't want people to despair due to ignorance.

Regarding Android 5.0 Support:

Everyone who is currently on 5.0, please send Klab support an email. If not, they would still be thinking nothing is wrong.

Also, welcome, CoinArt.

Top Bottom