• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When is the maintenance, I was gonna do some 10+1s later
ciEc3dg.jpg

Eight hours. Wow.

Yaari

They know that they are going to mess it up a few times before they get it right. That's thoughtful and we are making progress in that regard.

Hachitora

Greetings, made an account back during the Rin event since a couple of you here were near the top and caught my attention, just got approved yesterday~
Hey hey hey, welcome! More new people =w= I remember seeing your name up there in the Rin event. I almost caught up to you and Hugs >~<
Maintenance starts at about 5.5 hours from now if I'm not mistaken
Hm, I'd better use up my LP then. I have to catch up on the story/songs I missed while I didn't have my account.

Qurex

Neo Member
Hmm I don't think I've seen a bot use a Rare, but then I barely noticed during last score match, that they are always idolized.

So I went through all of my screenshots for the two score matches that we had so far in EN. It turns out that I only ran into 2 bots that didn't use URs or SRs, they were in the same match as well.
One used a Normal and the other used a Rare. You're right about them always being idolised, didn't realise this before.
Would anybody try their hand at this kind of Android customization?
This looks interesting. I'll see if I can find some time to try that out over the next few days.

Hello friends, I've been lurking here for a while, and I'm finally able to post. I've been playing EN since just after launch and JP intermittently since Kotori's birthday, and I'm pleased to be able to occasionally contribute to this thread.
Greetings, made an account back during the Rin event since a couple of you here were near the top and caught my attention, just got approved yesterday~
Greetings to both of you and welcome to the thread! =)
I remember seeing the name Ceris in the rankings several times during events.

Anyways, 8 hour-maintenance incoming for EN version, guess that's going to fix the Android 5.0 issue? Although people have been speculating about the UI update for EN on reddit since the notice said about some enhanced features.
It might well be that it is an update to a 2.x version to fix the Android 5.0 issues.
It probably requires more work to make fixes to the current EN version and give us 2.x updates in the future, than it is to make fixes if we were on a 2.x version, which is closer the current JP version.

-----------------------

So here's that summary of Loveca used etc... for the Honoka event that I said I would write.
  • Ended the event at Rank 33 with 43,079 points.
  • Spent 50 Loveca, exactly enough to do a single 10+1 draw.
  • Gained 23 Loveca during the event through various rewards. 13 from event completition rewards, 6 from song rewards, 3 from daily login and 1 for November login completion.
    The song goals were:
    • Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love EX - 1x from playing the song once, 1x from S Combo
    • No brand girls EX - 1x from S Combo
    • sweet&sweet holiday&#8206;&#8206; EX - 1x from playing the song once
    • Pure girls project EX - 1x from playing the song once
    • Pure girls project Hard 4x - 1x from S Clear for playing the song 25 times
  • Started the event at Rank 113 with a LP of 82. I ended the event at Rank 121 with a LP of 85.
  • I collected 7450 tokens. I used 7425 of these leaving 25 unused. I lost probably at least 20 tokens due to an occasional missed note during the long token collecting sessions. I wasted 75 tokens due to the game crashing on me in the middle of a play on the Expert version of the event song
  • Number of times I played each version of the event song
    • Easy (15 token/play) - 1x - total tokens used 15
    • Normal (30 token/play)- 1x - total tokens used 30
    • Hard (45 token/play) - 10x - total tokens used 450
    • Easy 4x (60 token/play) - 1x - total tokens used 60
    • Normal 4x (120 token/play) - 1x - total tokens used 120
    • Hard 4x (180 token/play) - 35x - total tokens used 6300
    • Expert (75 token/play) - 6x - total tokens used 450 (includes the 1 time the game crashed)
  • I levelled up 8 times throughout the event. I started the event with one of those level ups. My last level up was within the last hour of the event, that was due to spending my last couple hundred tokens. If I had played the event song on the regular Hard difficulty more than the 4x Hard difficulty, I probably could have gained another 2 or 3 levels.
  • For the majority of the event I was not in the top 200. I didn't spend any tokens until Sunday, about 12 hours before the event ended.
I would give a detailed comparison to the last time I went for the top 200 during the last Honoka event but unfortunately I don't have as detailed data for that event.
I do have some data though.
  • Ended the event at Rank 35 with 37,820 points.
  • I used 45 or 46 Loveca (not sure which it is).
  • I levelled up 14 times, with one of the level ups being right at the start of the event.
  • Started at Rank 66 and finished at Rank 80.
  • I used all my tokens, ended the event with exactly 0.
  • Was in the top 200 for the whole of that event.
-----------------------

Countdown until the start of maintenance in EN
t1417658400z0.png

Yaari

Anyone giving it any chance at all that they are adding the vouchers? It's 2.2 after all, and isn't it part of the UI as well?

Or did they patch the UI before without including stuff like that? I mean, right now we're jumping to the same version as the JP game.

That said I'm sure they would mention it if they were to add it, which they didn't.

Ceris

Neo Member
We aren't getting vouchers, that isn't for another nearly 7-8 months iirc, though, and again, iirc, I think our current update is a bit strange because we have bits and pieces of updates from later updates, as well as missing some of the parts of older ones.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey guys, 0 points that last event. Maybe 100 in JP.

School isn't fun.

Also WoW xpac.

I didn't play at all this event either, damn Finals and PersonaQ lol. I still feel that I'm filled with despair after my last 10+1 draw, I got Nico Nico niiii'd

OMG how could you just burn loveca like that!

School sucks, and WoW ruins lives. Lives!
----
Boo JP game not working. Guess I'm going to have to dl the new apk now.

Oh shit Nyaandere Rin avatar lol

chrono01

Wow, that 8-hour EB maintenance.

If we get that UI update, though, it'll be worth it. Maybe those Support Vouchers too? That'd be nice!

Yaari

and coins. The new Medley event uses Coins as well.

Really?? I'm screwed!! I don't have any coins on my JP account at all.

Wow, that 8-hour EB maintenance.

If we get that UI update, though, it'll be worth it. Maybe those Support Vouchers too? That'd be nice!

People said this was unlikely when I asked. But I think otherwise. It seems rather complicated having to remove a part of the game like that. Think about it, if they go to 2.2 it will be in there. But now they have to remove it because we're not there yet. Seems alot of work for something that would be an upgrade. But I guess we'll see.

chrono01

People said this was unlikely when I asked. But I think otherwise. It seems rather complicated having to remove a part of the game like that. Think about it, if they go to 2.2 it will be in there. But now they have to remove it because we're not there yet. Seems alot of work for something that would be an upgrade. But I guess we'll see.
True.

Soon, I guess we'll know either way. I'm still hopeful.

chrono01

God damn man... I only have 7 million. Wish there was something to do with all these golds.
Yeah, I've just been slowly collecting it while playing and it just...built, to this insane number. I only spend a bit to level up my newly gathered cards, and even then, I use so little.

It'll be nice to have a secondary use for it.

Markun

Here are the rules for the Medley Festival. I translated it as best as I could.

[Event Outline]
This event is an all new event type!
Play up to 3 songs continuously in a prepared music set and make the Medley Festival a success!

[How to Play]
1. You can select the number of songs you want to play and the difficulty. Once you do, a prepared music set will be created and a "Festival" will begin. If there are more than 2 songs in a Festival, your combo and stamina will be carried over to the next song.

(You will not receive clear rewards if you fail to clear a festival. The potential amount of event points received will also be reduced. You may also potentially receive no event points.)

2. You can arrange by spending Gold! By arranging, useful effects will be activated during live shows to help make the Festival a success!

3. Friends and students will also come to support you during the festival whenever you begin a song! Different effects will be activated depending on the support you receive.

4. When you successfully complete a Festival, you will receive event points based on the number of songs played and difficulty chosen. Bonus event points may be added depending on your score, combo, arrangements used, and friend and student support effects! Rewards will be given when you reach a certain amount of event points total.

5. In a festival you will be able to receive 3 types of rewards (Gold, Silver, Bronze). The more difficult a festival is when it's completed, the easier it is to get gold and silver rewards!

[About the Prepared Music Set]

1. Songs will be randomly chosen for each set played.

2. If there are more than 2 songs in the music set, the songs will all be the same attribute type.

3. Songs will not be repeated if there are more than 2 songs in the music set.
4. There will be 8 songs to be chosen in each attribute type (Smile, Pure, Cool) (24 in total). The number of expert songs available will be different from the songs available in Easy/Normal/Hard.

And the new Bibi song "Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan" will be playable during the event!

raven777

[How to play]
1. You can select the number of songs you want to play and the difficulty. Once you do, a prepared music program will be created and a "Festival" will begin. If there are more than 2 songs in a Festival, your combo and stamina will be carried over to the next song.

(You will not receive clear rewards if you fail to clear a festival. The potential amount of event points received will also be reduced. You may also potentially receive no event points.)

2. You can arrange by spending Gold! By arranging, useful effects will be activated during live shows to help make the Festival a success!

3. Friends and students will also come to support you during the festival whenever you begin a song! Different effects will be activated depending on the support you receive.

4. When you successfully complete a Festival, you will receive event points based on the number of songs played and difficulty chosen. Bonus event points may be added depending on your score, combo, arrangements used, and friend and student support effects! Rewards will be given when you reach a certain amount of event points total.

5. In a festival you will be able to receive 3 rewards (Gold, Silver, Bronze). The more difficulty a festival is when it's completed, the easier it is to get gold and silver rewards!

[About the Prepared Music Program]

1. Songs will be randomly chosen for each playthrough.

2. If there are more than 2 playable songs in the music program, the songs will all be the same attribute type.

3. Songs will not be repeated if there are more than 2 songs in the music program
4. There will be 8 songs for each attribute type (Smile, Pure, Cool) that will be chosen. The number of expert songs available will be different from the songs available in Easy/Normal/Hard.

And the new Bibi song "Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan" will be playable during the event!

Thanks for the translation!

Here are the skills you can activate by using Gold.

EXP up - raises EXP by 10% - 100,000G

Reward up - raises chance of better reward by 20% - 100,000G

Perfect Support - BAD/GOOD becomes PERFECT 5 times - 50,000G

Tap score up - 10% increase in score each time you tap - 25,000G

Skill chance up - 10% increase in chance to use skills - 25,000G

Event Point up - 10% increase in EP acquired - 10,000G

Heal - heals 30% of health between songs - 5,000G

JoeFu

Banned
Whoa that's awesome! Thanks for the translation Markun and Raven!!

I only have a million something gold because leveling up fodder to 40 still takes a bit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FInally a way to spend more gold.

Oh wait, I play the EN version so by the time I get this the gold counter will likely be broken from having too much.

JoeFu

Banned
Updated apk is out on play store! Game still under maintenance lol

Can't wait for the free loveca we're gonna get.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since I'm at 40 something loveca I'm looking forward to the free ones. Also have some normals that I've just idolised so I'll soon hit the big 5 0 for the next drawing.

m0t0k1

Hmm i still have about 3 million coins to spend but hope i can join again for the maki event. Want to try out the new event style going for 1 SR max.

Yui

Here are the skills you can activate by using Gold.

Thanks you two, really appreciate it.

I gotta say, sounds pretty good to me.
Especially since they finally have a use for gold. It was one of the major problems the game had.
With gold being worth next to nothing, song rewards became kinda pointless outside of events, so this is a good thing in my book.

Too bad we start of the new event cycle with Maki...
But I guess it makes sense with her being the winner of the christmas poll and all.

Maybe you all know already but the update is available but still maintenence
Wuow, it really is the big UI upgrade. :D

Ceris

Neo Member
Like 25mil gold here in EN, though I do have 2.8 to spare in JP

Maybe you all know already but the update is available but still maintenence

"Added friends ranking to the event ranking page"
"Changed on-screen effects for Live Shows and Live Show results screen"

Best two additions in my book. If they added the full on sparkles and combo color change, it always makes me feel awesome to pass he 400 combo mark (and eventually, when we get them, 500 combo mark, yet to see 600, 577 max Yumex3 ...)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I assume the length of an arrangement will be based on the LP you have? I wonder if 3 EX songs will be better than 5 Hard songs?

Top Bottom