• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

fek

I'm totally okay with doujins, but yuri in anime is my jam, you know? Even subtext get's me going. I heard that the anime doesn't really have much NozoEli (apparently Eli is paired up with Umi?)
You'll get a lot more yuri undertones in the manga and the novels. In the game you can see some of that in the special SID events.
The anime doesn't have as much. But since you like NozoEli, you can just listen to Glass no Hanazono and assume the couple is pretty much as official as it can get without going full yuri. Then you watch the anime and make your own interpretation of what they are doing when they go have parfaits together.

There are too many videos too watch and not enough time, still need to watch the rest of that Milky video.
I watched that and now I want to play Toys Drive

Himemiya

Congrats on the Dr. Nico, Markun

I'm totally okay with doujins, but yuri in anime is my jam, you know? Even subtext get's me going. I heard that the anime doesn't really have much NozoEli (apparently Eli is paired up with Umi?)

Lol@ UmiEli (sorry Safs)

Mostly agree with what fek said although the anime is pretty subtext-heavy especially in the second season for NozoEli. If you're looking for it you'll find it and if you're not there's still parfait.

JoeFu

Banned
Video games (mostly hyrule warriors) have consumed my llsif time. I have forsaken Dr. Yazawa :(

Someone find some LL x Zelda fanart pls.

fek

Lol@ UmiEli (sorry Safs)

Mostly agree with what fek said although the anime is pretty subtext-heavy especially in the second season for NozoEli. If you're looking for it you'll find it and if you're not there's still parfait.
Hime, what are your favorite pairings?

Himemiya

Hime, what are your favorite pairings?

Well since you asked...

RinPana
and when it comes to their doujins, I prefer non-H.
Which reminds me that Christmas Nya is the best/cutest christmas-y LL doujin. Read that shit.
Also love NozoEli and am always hunting that. Don't feel particularly strongly about other pairings though a lot of them are aight. Also not dissing UmiEli, just saying it's (relatively) not that popular.

P6fa4Wy.jpg

Related to all the crossover fanart talk, here's more LL x Pokemans

GoXDS

the most popular/uncontested pairing would be NicexMaki, yes? though forgot what sources people found that in since it was around since Season 1 times but not in the Season 1 anime yet. mostly season 2

GrandHusk

The pacing on the Umi event is unbelievable. Top 2000 is already at 12k points.
u7400n7.jpg

Hope that I can make it to the tier 2.
Sonoda-Umi-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37428353-607-607.jpg

Video games (mostly hyrule warriors) have consumed my llsif time. I have forsaken Dr. Yazawa :(

Someone find some LL x Zelda fanart pls.
Don't give me ideas when I'm so far from my pc.

Ceris

Neo Member
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/33778/...aracter-they-would-like-to-date-on-christmas/

Love Live dominates the Male voters section, #1 is a complete shock.

Well since you asked...

RinPana
and when it comes to their doujins, I prefer non-H.
Which reminds me that Christmas Nya is the best/cutest christmas-y LL doujin. Read that shit.
Also love NozoEli and am always hunting that. Don't feel particularly strongly about other pairings though a lot of them are aight. Also not dissing UmiEli, just saying it's (relatively) not that popular.

Related to all the crossover fanart talk, here's more LL x Pokemans

My friend is the one who singlehandedly translated Christmas Nya, along with the Matching one (Osorio), the latter being a request from me, the former because he ended up loving Osorio so he co,tinued translating everything that Pixiv artist did r-koma wise^^

And RinPana is the cutest.

Himemiya

the most popular/uncontested pairing would be NicexMaki, yes? though forgot what sources people found that in since it was around since Season 1 times but not in the Season 1 anime yet. mostly season 2

NicoMaki yeah, there was chocolate-giving in the Mogyutto PV, and the manga has it (probably more than the anime), although there is also that scene in S1 where they're out together at night while every other idol is at home in pjs, and the one with Maki holding Nico when Nico wanted to punch Honoka out...probably more stuff. It's contested but not that much.

My friend is the one who singlehandedly translated Christmas Nya

Well, they did good work!

he ended up loving Osorio so he co,tinued translating everything that Pixiv artist did r-koma wise^^

...but there's more 4koma!

And RinPana is the cutest.

Of course.

Himemiya

Edit: As long as we're on the RinPana train!

Always.

Well, there was a NicoMaki he released on his blog only, and he's translating the current one (short break due to Christmas) am I missing some? If they're older than Osorio, that would be missed.

http://niconii.wordpress.com

I was thinking of this one but yeah it could be hard to find if you have to go to a Comiket or something to get it. nvm

It's okay, Umi
safs
is the real pairing.

Haha! And yeah tell us Markun.

GoXDS

You guys keep spelling Hanayo wrong. Not pana

in Japanese, combination words add breathing marks though not 100% sure when it's mandated (ka->ga, sa->za, ha->ba/pa). hence Pana when RinPana. also, After School Navigators single cover (if you can read hiragana). the circle changes the ha into pa if you can't read hiragana (NicoRinPana)

and here's the occasional report on Umi Event bullet train! as of 132.5 hours into the event:
Top 1000 is 3000 above Eli and 5000 above Honoka (3.6 and 6 Love Gems respectively)
Top 2000 is 3400 above Eli and 4000 above Honoka (4 and 4.8 Love Gems respectively)

in Japanese, combination words add breathing marks though not 100% sure when it's mandated (ka->ga, sa->za, ha->ba/pa). hence Pana when RinPana. also, After School Navigators single cover (if you can read hiragana). the circle changes the ha into pa if you can't read hiragana (NicoRinPana)
game had a typo

also all the voice actors pronounce her name wrong. it's hanayo, not kayo-chin

Ceris

Neo Member
game had a typo

also all the voice actors pronounce her name wrong. it's hanayo, not kayo-chin

Uhh, only Rin calls her Kayochin (anime wise, I noticed Honoka said Kayochan in SIF), and that's because the Kanji for Hanayo's name can be read as Hana or Ka, resulting in Hanayo or Kayo. The correct way is Hanayo, but assuming
Rin was very young at the time, she misread it.

Also, Pana is official, it's on the album covers... And the name of the 4th episode of the anime is まきりんぱな AKA MakiRinPana

m0t0k1

Just a LL Christmas picture. Meanwhile good luck on all your event guys. Its getting heated it seems. Never went above going for 1SR only for a kotori event i tried for a second SR that brought me despair. Tomorrow i am going to my ticket draws bring on despair!

GoXDS

Uhh, only Rin calls her Kayochin (anime wise, I noticed Honoka said Kayochan in SIF), and that's because the Kanji for Hanayo's name can be read as Hana or Ka, resulting in Hanayo or Kayo. The correct way is Hanayo, but assuming

Also, Pana is official, it's on the album covers... And the name of the 4th episode of the anime is まきりんぱな AKA MakiRinPana

right. kanji. forgot about that XD couldn't figure out why Kayo (was this in anime?) off the top of my head (especially since I can't read kanji nor knew how their names were written). and it's k. Owly's just in denial

also, Umi event finally slowed the hell down. Top 1000 slowed down since 2 days ago (still has a lead as shown before). past 6 hours for Top 2000 been only increasing on average 25 pts per hour.

typos. typos everywhere
Owly's just in denial
nuh-uh

OvO

PK Gaming

You'll get a lot more yuri undertones in the manga and the novels. In the game you can see some of that in the special SID events.
The anime doesn't have as much. But since you like NozoEli, you can just listen to Glass no Hanazono and assume the couple is pretty much as official as it can get without going full yuri. Then you watch the anime and make your own interpretation of what they are doing when they go have parfaits together.

I watched that and now I want to play Toys Drive

Congrats on the Dr. Nico, Markun

Lol@ UmiEli (sorry Safs)

Thanks for the considerate responses, this was actually what I was looking for

Time to jump into the Love Live series

Heeeeerrrrrreeeeeeeee IIIIII Gooooooooooo

Mokoi

Banned
So inhumane.

And let it be known my Honoka stands amongst my other figures. I don't have a special shelf for the less fortunate (finger-wise) nor do I hide her away shamefully.

But GSC pls hurry with the replacement.
Nahh it's more that I don't have a shelf to put my few figs on, so I'm just storing them there until I get one. I guess I could just put honokers on my comp desk, but it's kind of small.
Love Live x JoJos art must exist, right
gkiYNoG.jpg

So I have never played or watched a single episode of Love Live but i'm already a diehard Nozomi x Eli shipper
Follow this person on all platforms for your Nozo x Eli needs. She draws some nsfw stuff so watch out where you view it.

Sai-yu

Neo Member
Oh gosh, I haven't been on here in so long....
Basically, I just wanna wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!!
I'm currently saving up my loveca for my big draw on New Year's Day
and getting ready for the first despair of the year!

Christmas won't be complete without the angel, so here!
ktUaEdE.png

Here's to another year of LL!

Mokoi

Banned
I figured this was better than just giving out a google play card since those can't be used everywhere, and ios (gross) peps would be left out. Whoever wins use it to buy drugs or whatever your heart desires.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Mokoi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898451.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
gyzvbPl.jpg

$50 via paypal -- MB-642FBA4EF015E2D8 - Taken by fek. 20 entrants total.
t1419553748z1.png

Markun

Thanks for the considerate responses, this was actually what I was looking for

Time to jump into the Love Live series

Heeeeerrrrrreeeeeeeee IIIIII Gooooooooooo

If you get addicted, you know where to find us!

Nice what spicy songs do you not have FC'd lol

Soldier Game
Glass no Hanazono
Beat in Angel
Otome Shiki Ren'ai Juku
Jun'ai Lens

First two I can definitely do now, but 1 good keeps popping up. Last 3 are legit hard and I need more practice on them.
Come back please Jun'ai Lens. ;_;

JoeFu

Banned
I figured this was better than just giving out a google play card since those can't be used everywhere, and ios (gross) peps would be left out. Whoever wins use it to buy drugs or whatever your heart desires.

Dang moko. Baller raffle thingy dude

Yui

Mokoi will always remain a mystery to me. Awesome giveaway. ^^

Isn't there some kind of special thing going on tommorrow?

Edit: Or is it on new years?

We are doing a big draw on New Year's. Like, we all draw at the same time.
If that's what you are talking about.

Also, Merii Kurisumasu everyone! Love you all. <3

Crescent-

Hey guys I wish everyone here have a great Christmas and I hope luck will be with us on New Year's draw!

Also Mokoi I PM'ed you a bit of question regarding your giveaway

CoinArt

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Plural Nico URs would be amazing.

I'm up to sixty-something loveca in both JP and EN, so I'll be new year's drawing with y'all, provided of course that there are decent URs on display.

I've such confidence in our combined luck that I just know I'd get whatever featured Rin/Pana UR there might be, and that would be a tragedy.

Crescent-

Our powers combined will get us all the URs

My RL friend has his birthday today (it's the 25th already here), pulled a 10+1, only 1 SR. Then he did a single pull, got a Maki UR. Hope new year's gonna bring us the same luck. And please let the new year UR in JP be Eli and let me get her.

Oh and that friend of mine got 3 URs in 2 months despite only playing for 3 months. The unlucky thing is I was the one who pulled for him his 2 first 10+1 draws in which he got 2 URs.

GrandHusk

Late Merry Christmas to all of you
Hopefully you are having lots of fun and Santa brought you lots of gifts.
Because Santa is real, right?

Markun

Merry Christmas from Hawaii!

I just wanted to say thank you to the entire community here. It may not seem like it, but this community has gotten me through rough times and it's really helped me improve myself. My time here has helped me come to terms with dealing with myself.

I might not look like it, but I really don't have a good opinion of myself. I've always had zero patience when it came to myself. I always felt like I was born wrong and a mistake that's only good for making the people around me miserable. Because of it, I always tried to be perfect and nice in front of other people because I needed to make up for the fact that I was garbage. I also distanced myself from interacting with other people because of it. I always trampled over any achievements I made by underplaying them. I also hid any sort of hobbies and interests from anyone around me since I didn't want anyone to ridicule me or think I was a creep.

Ever since I started getting involved with this community though, It's really improved myself so much in my real life. I've begun to be more open with everyone around me; you'll know this if you're part of the LINE chat. The biggest improvement I think is that I've begun accepting that people around me actually like me and that I can make them happy. This is really the first time in my life where I've actually felt comfortable with myself; that it's okay to be me, and it's okay to not be perfect. I'm still not quite over my low self-esteem problems yet, but I know I'll be able to conquer it someday. I just need to take things one step at a time.

Sorry about the long-winded post. I just really wanted to say thank you to the community that's helped me in my real life. I meant every word of it. Thank you, everyone!

Top Bottom