• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

CoinArt

Look, there's only two ways to justify liking what I like and denigrate what others like: claiming that what I like is fundamentally different from what others like; and claiming that those who like what I don't like are "hipsters." Yui's chosen the latter, that's all.

But seriously, that's the most useless criticism I've ever heard. Most anime is pretty awful, and pointing that out as one sings the praises of one's favorite show doesn't make one a hipster.

Himemiya

LOVE LIVE!!!!

pX3xiTY.png

Yui

Gee coinart I already said I'm sorry and that I'm just ranting also I said it's completely alright to like the show.

kinda scared to find out how much anime I watched this year. all because of crunchyroll premium :|

Wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff here's what I watched this year (completed, not included stuff I only saw a few episodes of):

Winter 2014

Engaged to the Unidentified
Hunter x Hunter
Kill la Kill
Log Horizon
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb
Nisekoi
Onee-chan ga Kita
Saki
Samurai Flamenco
Sword Art Online
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time
Witch Craft Works
Wizard Barristers
Wonder Momo
World Conquest Zvezda Plot

Spring 2014

Black Bullet
Captain Earth
Hunter x Hunter *
Love Live! School Idol Project
MEKAKUCITY ACTORS
Nisekoi *
No Game No Life
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time *

Summer 2014

Ai-Mai-Mi Mousou Catastrophe
Akame ga Kill!
Captain Earth *
Encouragement of Climb Season 2
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA
Hunter x Hunter
Locodol
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Rail Wars!
RWBY (Yes I'm aware it doesn't count)
Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club!
Sailor Moon Crystal
Sword Art Online *

Fall 2014

Akame ga Kill!
Encouragement of Climb Season 2 *
Girl Friend BETA
Hi-sCool! Seha Girls
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying
Log Horizon *
Parasyte -the maxim-
RWBY *
Sailor Moon Crystal *
SHIROBAKO
Sword Art Online **
TERRAFORMARS
Tribe Cool Crew
Wake Up, Girl ZOO!
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Gundam Build Fighters Try

GrandHusk

Wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff here's what I watched this year (completed, not included stuff I only saw a few episodes of):
Geeeee
that's too much anime I've barely watched anime this year to make a top 10, but rigth now I'm watching yowapedal, jojo, kanon and mushishi.
pure quality

--------------
Umi event update
I'm already aprox 2000pts behind the top 1000 and still have tons of tokens, people seems to be getting tired, today have been less hardcore.

Hi guys! Can I join the Love livers club too? I see that it also includes the anime and other media, that's cool, as I've seen the first episode today!

BiBi4life though.

I have a question, by the way. I want to idolize my Muse members, is the Honor Scout the only way to get their cards? They have to be the same type, art and all, to be "fuseable", right?

JoeFu

Banned
Hi guys! Can I join the Love livers club too? I see that it also includes the anime and other media, that's cool, as I've seen the first episode today!

BiBi4life though.

I have a question, by the way. I want to idolize my Muse members, is the Honor Scout the only way to get their cards? They have to be the same type, art and all, to be "fuseable", right?

Yes, only the same type of card can be fused to idolize it. Honor Scout gives you R and up, and friend draws or whatever they are called can get you Rs.

m0t0k1

BiBi4life though.

Welcome to the club
ibkTOsAARpcoBZ.gif

And yeah they need to be exactly the same to be fused.There are different ways to get the muse cards. You can get one by playing a song as a reward but the chance of getting is small. Daily free draw there is a small change of getting one. Using friend points has a chance. Using Loveca always get you a muse and those have rarity too. R/SR/UR

PK Gaming

Love Live! - 5 & 6

Nico-nico-ni!

I had high expectations for her after seeing that episode title (Nico attacks...) and I sure as hell wasn't disappointed. Nico is goddamn hilarious. She's easily the most entertaining character on the show, and the biggest source of laughs. Probably my favorite character. I don't know. For some reason, it's hard to come up with a favorite character for this show.

It can't be helped then

I didn't have to give it a second thought, Honoka just screams leader material. As a founding member of Muse + the human equivalent of a battery, there's just no way anyone else could conceivably lead them. This show's pretty good at developing the characters and moving the plot along. Muse looks pretty damn respectable now, and they can only go up from here. Incidentally, it's kind of impressive how distinct these girls are. Really, they could have cheaped out by making these girl's as basic as possible, but they're all pretty neat in their own way. It's also great how well they play off each other so (literally any interaction between any characters is bound to be enjoyable). And there's 7 (soon to be 9!) of them! That's just crazy. Another solid episode.

Eli and Nozomi are like those high level RPG characters that appear early, but you can't use them until way late in the game.

Current party status: 7 members
Idol Level: Apprentice
Current favorite: Nico...MAYBE

elhaym

Ugh. 800 tokens to play through in JP, 1500 in EN. Can't bring myself to play 4X because I still want the XP. Gonna die tomorrow.

Qurex

Neo Member
Oh and i forgot to ask is there a confirmed time for the new year's pull yet? I'm probably the only one in the Asian timezone here (besides cpooi who said he wasn't gonna pull) so I probably should adapt to the timezones of the majority here. Or maybe I'll just pull and then post the results here when you guys have also pulled.
I think the plan is currently to do the draw at 12:00 PM PST on January 1st. So that would be 3:00 AM on January 2nd where you are.
Code:
Time for most time zones at 12:00 PM PST
10:00 AM - January 1st - Hawaii
12:00 PM - January 1st - PST, West Coast
01:00 PM - January 1st - MST
02:00 PM - January 1st - CST, Central
03:00 PM - January 1st - EST, East Coast
08:00 PM - January 1st - GMT, UK
09:00 PM - January 1st - CET, Central Europe
03:00 AM - January 2nd - Indonesia
04:00 AM - January 2nd - Singapore
05:00 AM - January 2nd - JST, Japan

The earliest that the draw can be done is when Hawaii reaches midnight, so that would be 5:00 PM on January 1st, your time.

Since cpooi is not taking part, unless we have someone here who lives further east and is taking part, that gives a 7 hour period if we're going to do a draw with everyone still on January 1st.
Code:
Most major time zone differences 
UTC -10 - HST, Hawaii
UTC -8 	- PST, West Coast
UTC -6 	- CST, Mountain
UTC -6 	- CST, Central
UTC -5 	- EST, East Coast
UTC 	- GMT, UK
UTC +1 	- CET, Central Europe (Denmark, France, Spain etc)
UTC +7 	- Indonesia
UTC +8 	- Singapore
UTC +9 	- JST, Japan
Code:
Time for most time zones for the 7 hour time period (12:00 AM - 7:00 AM HST)
12:00 AM, January 1st - 07:00 AM, January 1st - Hawaii
02:00 AM, January 1st - 09:00 AM, January 1st - PST, West Coast
03:00 AM, January 1st - 10:00 AM, January 1st - MST, Mountain
04:00 AM, January 1st - 11:00 AM, January 1st - CST, Central
05:00 AM, January 1st - 12:00 PM, January 1st - EST, East Coast
10:00 AM, January 1st - 05:00 PM, January 1st - GMT, UK
11:00 AM, January 1st - 06:00 PM, January 1st - CET, Central Europe
05:00 PM, January 1st - 12:00 PM, January 2nd - Jakarta, Indonesia

06:00 AM, January 1st - 01:00 AM, January 2nd - Singapore
07:00 AM, January 1st - 02:00 PM, January 2nd - JST, Japan

So either we do the draw earlier, or we have to do seperate draws. =/

Good luck with mastering Photoshop, After Effects and 3ds Max, that's quite a lot to learn.

It is done. Got the last S2 BD. Now what am I supposed to do.
Did you feel anything like this after the final episode? If you did, maybe you can rewatch the series. =D
From what I can tell it's just that one Honoka UR with BD7. Apparently there were some costumes or something for the Vita game included. Did you get a μ’s x A-RISE book as well?

------------------
27th December

This time I included some more links to the images as well. (Is this better for mobile users?)

Love Live School idol diary ~μ’s Christmas~ released [ラブライブ! School idol diary ~μ’sのクリスマス~]
The latest publication in the Love Live! School idol diary series, was released on Christmas, December 25th.
This time there are 4 episodes in the daily life of μ’s seen from the perspective of Ayase Eli and Toujou Nozomi. What kind of Christmas did the 9 members of μ’s spend?

Loveca and SR cards based on the cover illustration are included.
Sample SRs: Eli, Nozomi. Release SRs: Eli, Nozomi.

Ayase Eli [Super Rare #487]
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 3080, Pure: 2940, Cool: 4210
Appeal: Timer Charm - Every 10 seconds, there is 36% chance of increasing the player's score by 200 points.(Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Power - Increases Cool points by a bit.

Toujou Nozomi [Super Rare #489]
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 2830, Pure: 4230, Cool: 2720
Appeal: Timer Yell - Every 10 seconds, there is 36% chance of recovering the player's HP by 1.(Level 1)
Center Skill: Pure Power - Increases Pure points by a bit.
Love Live! stationary included with Dengeki G's Magazine and Dengeki G's Comic

Dengeki G's Magazine February includes a Love Live! chibi μ’s stationary set (pink) (pencil case and ballpoint set).
Dengeki G's Comic Vol. 9 includes a Love Live chibi μ’s stationary set (blue) (mechanical pencil and diary notebook set).

Both magazines have already been released.
Dengeki G's Magazine February (December 27th), 1,200 yen. Dengeki G's Comic Vol.9 (December 26th), 1,000 yen.

------------

So since the 2nd Season Vol. 7 BD is now out as well as the 3rd School Idol Festival Collaboration single.
Has anyone listened to any of the full versions of the new songs yet?

• "Love Live! School Idol Festival" Collaboration Single "Love Live!" Unit Single 3rd session BiBi - BiBi - 冬がくれた予感 (Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan) , Trouble Busters
  • Love Live 2nd Season BD7 Bonus CD - μ’s - そして最後のページには (Soshite Saigo no Pēji ni Wa, lit. And On The Last Page Is)
  • Bonus CDs from buying all the 2nd season BDs from certain retailers:
    • Bonus CD from Gamers - Printemps - CheerDay CheerGirl!
    • Bonus CD from Sofmap - lily white - 同じ星が見たい (Onaji Hoshi ga Mitai, lit. I Want To See The Same Stars).
    • Bonus CD from Animate - BiBi - Silent tonight

Qurex

Neo Member
I wish they hadn't split the new sub-units songs like that. But yeah the I got the book too.

And saying that scene made me tear up is an understatement.

Yeah it's a shame they did that. They probably won't be compiled together until around the movie release for the 2nd "μ’s Best Album Best Live! Collection" or for the "Solo Live! Collection Memorial Box III".

Congrats on getting all the event rewards!

I was watching close to about an average of 20 anime per season this year lol.
ok. Yeah I'm kind of new to this. Crunchyroll has helped me watch a lot of anime. Started up premium last year, and this year I'm more accustomed to it and as such watching more.

Crescent-

I think the plan is currently to do the draw at 12:00 PM PST on January 1st. So that would be 3:00 AM on January 2nd where you are.
Code:
Time for most time zones at 12:00 PM PST
10:00 AM - January 1st - Hawaii
12:00 PM - January 1st - PST, West Coast
01:00 PM - January 1st - MST
02:00 PM - January 1st - CST, Central
03:00 PM - January 1st - EST, East Coast
08:00 PM - January 1st - GMT, UK
09:00 PM - January 1st - CET, Central Europe
03:00 AM - January 2nd - Indonesia
04:00 AM - January 2nd - Singapore
05:00 AM - January 2nd - JST, Japan

The earliest that the draw can be done is when Hawaii reaches midnight, so that would be 5:00 PM on January 1st, your time.

Since cpooi is not taking part, unless we have someone here who lives further east and is taking part, that gives a 7 hour period if we're going to do a draw with everyone still on January 1st.
Code:
Most major time zone differences 
UTC -10 - HST, Hawaii
UTC -8 	- PST, West Coast
UTC -6 	- CST, Mountain
UTC -6 	- CST, Central
UTC -5 	- EST, East Coast
UTC 	- GMT, UK
UTC +1 	- CET, Central Europe (Denmark, France, Spain etc)
UTC +7 	- Indonesia
UTC +8 	- Singapore
UTC +9 	- JST, Japan
Code:
Time for most time zones for the 7 hour time period (12:00 AM - 7:00 AM HST)
12:00 AM, January 1st - 07:00 AM, January 1st - Hawaii
02:00 AM, January 1st - 09:00 AM, January 1st - PST, West Coast
03:00 AM, January 1st - 10:00 AM, January 1st - MST, Mountain
04:00 AM, January 1st - 11:00 AM, January 1st - CST, Central
05:00 AM, January 1st - 12:00 PM, January 1st - EST, East Coast
10:00 AM, January 1st - 05:00 PM, January 1st - GMT, UK
11:00 AM, January 1st - 06:00 PM, January 1st - CET, Central Europe
05:00 PM, January 1st - 12:00 PM, January 2nd - Jakarta, Indonesia

06:00 AM, January 1st - 01:00 AM, January 2nd - Singapore
07:00 AM, January 1st - 02:00 PM, January 2nd - JST, Japan

So either we do the draw earlier, or we have to do seperate draws. =/

Good luck with mastering Photoshop, After Effects and 3ds Max, that's quite a lot to learn.

Alright thanks for the info Qurex, I'll try to stay up or if I can't I'll just post the results in the morning of Jan 2nd. And don't worry about the long posts, yours is always informative.

And this Nico JP event seems to be going slow I think? Only 600 points behind 45k without any love gems spent

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, your autocorrect really spazzed out there if it produced that garbled mess when you tried to type Honoka.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I tried my first EX song.......hey, that wasn't so bad.....

I'm not doing that ever again.
Always start with a heal team. Since they changed the LP cost of B-Sides from 25 to 15 I found myself having to do the EXs for this event and from barely passing them I've almost full combo'd my third EX song. If I can do it I'm sure everyone else can.

Crescent-

So I tried my first EX song.......hey, that wasn't so bad.....

I'm not doing that ever again.

Always start with a heal team. Since they changed the LP cost of B-Sides from 25 to 15 I found myself having to do the EXs for this event and from barely passing them I've almost full combo'd my third EX song. If I can do it I'm sure everyone else can.

This. I think the most different thing about hards and EXs are the approach rate of the notes, which you have to get used to. The daily hard songs are a nice way to step up from hard to EX, so imo you should grind that first until you can fc those consistently.

Also you can try to subscribe to oktopaz's channel on youtube since he has tutorials on the majority (if not all) daily hard songs and EXs.

GrandHusk

There is no wrong in liking the best girl Hellers.

Also use your perfect makers, if you have any, these can help you maintain high combos.

Top Bottom