• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

GrandHusk

Game crashed during a 4x
180 tokens
bEI4R5P.jpg

Darn, I guess it's not possible for me to see them without playing the game.

I'm all Love Live'd up now! Yeah!
Welcome to hell
Q3XhzSa.gif

Hachitora

Maki - Maki,15 years old♥ In the future, I'm supposed to follow my parents steps and be a doctor, so honestly I don't have any time for idol activities, but being so cute wouldn't it be a waste to not be an idol? So for now, as a memory of youth, I'm joining ♥ My hobby is shopping, the thing I want the most right now is a big brother, and I'm very skilled in legs split, and then.. an appeal point.. Ah, even looking like this I never had a boyfriend in 15 years!
Thanks for translating fek! After reading how Maki was like back then, it makes sense now that her first solo album is called True Diva. Never got a diva kinda vibe from her anime personality
Rin - I always get late and I'm a bit of a crybaby but... if you are willing to support me I will be happy! In return, I will do anything I can ☆
Rin <3 =w=
Darn, I guess it's not possible for me to see them without playing the game.

I'm all Love Live'd up now! Yeah!
Now you have become fully immersed in the Love Live prison. Enjoy your stay!

PK Gaming

Love Live! - 11 & 12

Honoka Kousaka and the infinite sadness

Episode 12 was pure despair mode for Honoka. She has to:

1) Deal with the fact that one of her best friends is leaving
2) Deal with the fact that her recklessness cost them big time
3) Deal with the fact that A-Rise is an exponentially idol group better than µ's

It's a tough pill to swallow, and I can understand why Honoka refused to accept any of these things. The scene where she bitterly gazes at an A-rise video is easily one of my favorite moments in Love Live, because it's so real. It's usually hard to connect with the protagonists, but envy and bitterness are feelings something we all feel. I can definitely empathize with she's going through. The confrontation between her and the rest of µ's was well done (I especially liked Nico's outburst. µ is like the main thing in her life right now). It's obvious that Honoka and co are going to overcome this, but i'm mainly interested in how things are resolved. I don't buy that Honoka's claim that there's no point to being an idol now that the school is safe. She loves being an idol, and she poured so much of her life into it. Hopefully she can see past herself and learn to love being an idol again.

Current party status: 7 (Hiatus)
Favorite character: Damn I dunno. I'm all messed up.
Idol rank: Love-less idols

Just one more episode to go until I finish season 1. I'm pretty excited for the finale, but i'm already feeling a little weepy. Good thing there's a season 2!

fek

Oh hey fek you got Applemint right

what did you think of it?
I love it, it made me learn to appreciate Ucchi in a different way and now going back to &#956;'s I'm always paying more attention to her and damn she's great. I'm very happy she got this chance and it looks like it sold pretty well so maybe we will get to see more of her solo

Apharmd

Game crashed during a 4x
180 tokens

Jesus, and I thought losing 45 tokens was enough to put me in a damper. I am so sorry man :(

Love Live! - 11 & 12

Honoka Kousaka and the infinite sadness

YES. A lot of people said they didn't like the downer feeling, but I loved it. Honoka completely messes up and there are tears everywhere. Bitter, bitter tears of frustration. Like you said, completely relatable; especially by anyone who's tried very hard at something and it just wasn't good enough.

This is the point where I really started liking Nico, to be honest. I found her annoying as fuck and an ever-endless turbonerd but her persistence and love for what she's doing is indisputable. She really doesn't stop going no matter whatever shit hits her in the face, and that's real fucking cool.

real talk tho i love seeing girls cry

Qurex

Neo Member
This was published in the August 2010 issue of Dengeki G's Magazine, some are a little painful to read:
-------
SID manga does have one full volume released in september, I got it myself. Yeah I think they are both published in the same magazine, the Dengeki G's Comic. Sometimes I buy that when it has a nice bonus, I think I have a recent volume I could check if it really has both

Thanks for this, some of are these really something.... It's quite interesting to see some of the changes they made.

I'm guessing that the SID manga is this one on CDJapan? Love Live! School idol diary 01 Honoka, Kotori, Miu Hen (Dengeki Comics)
Haha, Miu, definitely an alternate setting.

---------------------

Countdown until the end of the English event on Wednesday, 31st December, 8 AM UTC.
t1420012800z0.png

Countdown until the end of the Japanese Event on Wednesday, 31st December, 3 PM JST [6 AM UTC].
t1420005600z0.png

I just think like AKB48, the audience is targeted directly to men. I have no idea if the LL voice actresses are forced to subject themselves to handshake events, but I am going to imagine that if they did, they aren't meeting a lot of female fans. lol

I mean, I will say that it's not like Love Live is like Senran Kagura or whatever. There are definitely worse shows that feature all female casts and are decidedly more geared toward a male audience.

The flip side is K-On, which outside of the two beach episodes (when the show wasn't "good" in season 1), doesn't really have fanservice in that kind of way.

Also, link below:

Oh right! I touch a bit on it at the end, but my main focus was on male gaze:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ja3b08iqg90q6k/Seminar 4.pptx?dl=0
Good presentation. I have to admit I'm ignorant went it comes to idol culture outside of the game and the anime so I can't comment on what happens in Japan.

Nico - I'm Yazawa Nico. Nice to meet you. I love and I'm pretty good at fashion so being an idol I'm looking forward to wear a lot of cute costumes. I'm not very good at singing, but I will cover it with my smile &#9829; Ehe, just kidding &#9829; If you could tell me which costumes you think will look good on me, I will be very happy! I will be waiting for it!

Sounds awful.

chrono01

I know I'm a bit late, but EN Umi/Maki obtained! I still have 2000+ tokens to burn through, and I'm one of the few who do the 1x event songs for the XP to rank up.

It's going to be a long night. ;_;

Edit - Also, the event song is fun, but so easy. It surprised me.

PK Gaming

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Main_Page
has the stories translated for most if not all the characters.
and general Main Story

Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for! Gosh, this community rocks.

Jesus, and I thought losing 45 tokens was enough to put me in a damper. I am so sorry man :(

YES. A lot of people said they didn't like the downer feeling, but I loved it. Honoka completely messes up and there are tears everywhere. Bitter, bitter tears of frustration. Like you said, completely relatable; especially by anyone who's tried very hard at something and it just wasn't good enough.

tumblr_mwovnjYV8l1rsk0loo1_r1_400.gif

Making her confront a problem that couldn't be overcome through sheer optimism was genius. I'm surprised people were down on this one, as this episode was easily among my favorites. I really hope the last episode lives up to my expectations!

This is the point where I really started liking Nico, to be honest. I found her annoying as fuck and an ever-endless turbonerd but her persistence and love for what she's doing is indisputable. She really doesn't stop going no matter whatever shit hits her in the face, and that's real fucking cool.

real talk tho i love seeing girls cry

I love her for those exact same reasons. She's a screw up, but she's always putting her every soul into everything she does. 3 cheers for Nico-Nico-ni!

Vylash

Umi - My name is Sonoda Umi, my parents gave me this name because they want me to become a woman with a wide heart that stretches endlessly like the sea. I'm 16 years old. I don't have much confidence in dancing and I have always studied in girl's schools so I probably don't understand boys feelings very well, but since I'm doing it I'm aiming to be the best so I will work hard with all my might. If even unintentionally, just for an instant, you could remember of me, I will be happy.

oh umi, i'm afraid i've got some bad news

Apharmd

Congratulations! Clearing my first EX song made me feel like hot shit. Good stuff, man.

Myself, I have to tap out for the night. spent 34 loveca or something today i don't know i lost count and i caught up to the current t2 cutoff after starting yesterday from 14k, my instinct is telling me to play more but i am so unbelievably tired right now

Crescent-

UBI9y0h.png

I......did it? Ok, it was the easiest song on EX and I did horrible but......I FUCKING DID IT! So happy.

Congrats! Keep at it and you'll get better eventually. And for me personally playing other rhythm games (personally I think playing osu helps me a lot since there are some LL song beatmaps there as well) helped a lot so you can try that as well if you have time.

Mokoi

Banned
Practice makes perfect!

This thread started with most people not being able to FC Mermaid Festa vol1
I still can't FC it, so I uninstalled. I shall now go to the mountains for an extended period of time, and contemplate why I cannot do it.

Edit: Quote to reveal my code if you want my account. I'll make a new account laters.

chrono01

UBI9y0h.png

I......did it? Ok, it was the easiest song on EX and I did horrible but......I FUCKING DID IT! So happy.
Congrats!

Practice makes perfect!

How far we've come.

I actually managed to FC three Expert songs so far.

I never thought the day would come when I'd FC an Expert song. They really do get easier the more you do them, though.

GrandHusk

And here i thought losing 60 lp on medley is bad enough. Have you gotten the umi yet though Husk?
Yes
I'm fighting in the bottom of tier 2.
Uguu
UBI9y0h.png

Congrats
Keep practicing so you get used to the change in speed.
Practice makes perfect!

That song, korekara no someday and kitto seichun ga kikoeru were the songs I had the most trouble to fc.

Music S.T.A.R.T is also difficult to me because I play with thumbs.

Crescent-

Yes
I'm fighting in the bottom of tier 2.

That song, korekara no someday and kitto seichun ga kikoeru were the songs I had the most trouble to fc.

Music S.T.A.R.T is also difficult to me because I play with thumbs.

Good to hear that, it'll be worse if you haven't got her yet.

Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki is probably the most difficult ex outside of the spicy ones imo. Didn't manage to fc it while it's available on JP (fced it during last medley, but still "unofficial" I guess)
All stair patterns are difficult for my left hand, so Kitto Seishun was also challenging.

Hit the 'one "good" but never in the same place' curse on one of the expert songs.

And it's even worse when it's caused by a rubberbanding phone rather than your own play.

Yui

I still can't FC it, so I uninstalled. I shall now go to the mountains for an extended period of time, and contemplate why I cannot do it.

Edit: Quote to reveal my code if you want my account. I'll make a new account laters.

You are joking, right?

Wow, they really messed up with BiBi idols' personalities. Thank God for the anime.

Oh, and yesterday I finished LoveLive 1st season! Nico nico nii~ At this moment my Muse ranking would be something like:

1. Nico
2. Maki
3. Eri
4. Umi
5. Nozomi
6. Rin
7. Hanayo
8. Honoka

* DEEP CHASM*

9. Kotori - yeah, I didn't care much for her :/ at least her Akiba backstory is cool I guess.

Yui

No way I'm going for a second Umi at this point. The top 1000 cutoff is just silly.
We still got ~18 hours to go and it's already like 3000-5000 points above the final cutoff for last token events.
I hate free Loveca.
(or Umi suddenly got insanely popular lol)

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah it kinda made me like Kotori songs more. That's good it sold well, I was pretty happy with the album too and would like to get another.

I need for Rippi and Shikaco to get their own solo albums too tbh

more cute UmiNico

umi umi uuuuuu!!!!!

speaking of umi umi u~ does anybody have the youtube link where mimorin does that? I could never find it again :(

redhairedking

So I need to decide whether to burn loveca for Umi or not. I'm sitting at 8k with only 100 tokens ready to go. I'm also really close to a rank up.

m0t0k1

How are your hands?

They are steadily improving. It does not hurt all the time anymore but somedays feel beter then others but i am sure to take plenty of rest still. So can't do all the events and stuff. Hope to recover within 2 months. Thanks for asking.

CoinArt

Wow, they really messed up with BiBi idols' personalities. Thank God for the anime.

Oh, and yesterday I finished LoveLive 1st season! Nico nico nii~ At this moment my Muse ranking would be something like:

1. Nico
2. Maki
3. Eri
4. Umi
5. Nozomi
6. Rin
7. Hanayo
8. Honoka

* DEEP CHASM*

9. Kotori - yeah, I didn't care much for her :/ at least her Akiba backstory is cool I guess.

We appear to have broadly similar opinions. Same bottom 4, though for me a good 80% of that is their (speaking) voices. Nico is best.

Idol ranking is Very Important.

fek

Thanks for this, some of are these really something.... It's quite interesting to see some of the changes they made.

I'm guessing that the SID manga is this one on CDJapan? Love Live! School idol diary 01 Honoka, Kotori, Miu Hen (Dengeki Comics)
Haha, Miu, definitely an alternate setting.

---------------------

Countdown until the end of the English event on Wednesday, 31st December, 8 AM UTC.
t1420012800z0.png

Countdown until the end of the Japanese Event on Wednesday, 31st December, 3 PM JST [6 AM UTC].
t1420005600z0.png
Yes, it's that one
We need a countdown for the New Years pull as well, I have no idea when it's supposed to happen

Top Bottom