• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Yui

We need a countdown for the New Years pull as well, I have no idea when it's supposed to happen

We still haven't decided for a specific time, right?
I just suggested Noon PST, but nobody except for safs and cpooi responded to that.

That would be:
12:00 PM PST
03:00 PM EST
08:00 PM UTC
09:00 PM CEST

(I think)

CoinArt

We still haven't decided for a specific time, right?
I just suggested Noon PST, but nobody except for safs and cpooi responded to that.

That would be:
12:00 PM PST
03:00 PM EST
08:00 PM UTC
09:00 PM CEST

I think

Arbitrary decision made!

JoeFu

Banned
Works for me. I'm happy I can draw in both EN and JP. The JP draw will give me a 5 based (support) ticket. Can't wait.

Qurex

Neo Member
Provisional countdown for the New Year's draw at 12:00 PM PST on Thursday, 1st January.
t1420142400z4.png

---------------------

The only one of us that I'm aware who would be doing the draw on the 2nd is Crescent but he said he'll try to stay up to join us.

Alright thanks for the info Qurex, I'll try to stay up or if I can't I'll just post the results in the morning of Jan 2nd.

---------------------

Here's all the time difference stuff that I posted the other day for Crescent.

I think the plan is currently to do the draw at 12:00 PM PST on January 1st. So that would be 3:00 AM on January 2nd where you are.
Code:
Time for most time zones at 12:00 PM PST
10:00 AM - January 1st - Hawaii
12:00 PM - January 1st - PST, West Coast
01:00 PM - January 1st - MST
02:00 PM - January 1st - CST, Central
03:00 PM - January 1st - EST, East Coast
08:00 PM - January 1st - GMT, UK
09:00 PM - January 1st - CET, Central Europe
03:00 AM - January 2nd - Indonesia
04:00 AM - January 2nd - Singapore
05:00 AM - January 2nd - JST, Japan

The earliest that the draw can be done is when Hawaii reaches midnight, so that would be 5:00 PM on January 1st, your time.

Since cpooi is not taking part, unless we have someone here who lives further east and is taking part, that gives a 7 hour period if we're going to do a draw with everyone still on January 1st.
Code:
Most major time zone differences 
UTC -10 - HST, Hawaii
UTC -8 	- PST, West Coast
UTC -6 	- CST, Mountain
UTC -6 	- CST, Central
UTC -5 	- EST, East Coast
UTC 	- GMT, UK
UTC +1 	- CET, Central Europe (Denmark, France, Spain etc)
UTC +7 	- Indonesia
UTC +8 	- Singapore
UTC +9 	- JST, Japan
Code:
Time for most time zones for the 7 hour time period (12:00 AM - 7:00 AM HST)
12:00 AM, January 1st - 07:00 AM, January 1st - Hawaii
02:00 AM, January 1st - 09:00 AM, January 1st - PST, West Coast
03:00 AM, January 1st - 10:00 AM, January 1st - MST, Mountain
04:00 AM, January 1st - 11:00 AM, January 1st - CST, Central
05:00 AM, January 1st - 12:00 PM, January 1st - EST, East Coast
10:00 AM, January 1st - 05:00 PM, January 1st - GMT, UK
11:00 AM, January 1st - 06:00 PM, January 1st - CET, Central Europe
05:00 PM, January 1st - 12:00 PM, January 2nd - Jakarta, Indonesia

06:00 AM, January 1st - 01:00 AM, January 2nd - Singapore
07:00 AM, January 1st - 02:00 PM, January 2nd - JST, Japan

The talk about 7 hour time period is if we're going to move the draw time earlier for Crescent.

samisuperfly

Neo Member
I now have both event cards after finally getting rid of tokens in JP.

Nico's song is fun to play but I think it gets engraved into your soul after a while. I'm pretty sure I dreamt about listening to it last night.

I'm ready for some new years draws!

GoXDS

The event EX is pretty easy for those who want to try and beat one.

I agree. event song in general on easy side. yet...it took me the most tries for Event EX to FC than all 4 EX songs in this month's rotation T_T could've FC'ed earlier but I messed up on the 3rd last note and I got upset when that happened *sigh*

GrandHusk

This event is crazy. At this pace tier2 will get all the rewards of the event.
I could barely rest for a moment and got kicked by 1000+pts of the top 1000

Ugh... but I don't want to lose.
Help

chrono01

This event is crazy. At this pace tier2 will get all the rewards of the event.
I could barely rest for a moment and got kicked by 1000+pts of the top 1000

Ugh... but I don't want to lose.
Help
I noticed that the score is A LOT higher than it's ever been. Normally 34,000 is easily enough to get in the Top 1000, with it being close to the Top 200. For this one, though, we'll be lucky if 40,000 is enough for the Top 1000.

That Umi love?

GoXDS

just from general comments in this thread and elsewhere and previous event scores, reason for insane Umi scores is 12 day event, and free love gems, not popularity. maybe Winter break, too

Yui

That Umi love?

+ 11 free Loveca (Kotori thingie and 10 million players)
+ christmas (playstore/AppStore cards)

Tier 2 cutoff is currently at 33339 points with 11 hours to go.

Honoka cutoffs:
tier 1: 36376
tier 2: 26684

Eli cutoffs:
tier 1: 37438
tier 2: 28798

Yeah, it's crazy.

edit: kinda beaten ^^

m0t0k1

Man people go hard. I guess i need to make some room for a 10+1 draw sorry normies some of you need to leave the building :(

GoXDS

as of 277.5 hours into Umi event:

Umi
Top 1000 - 33824
Top 2000 - 25083

if we scale Umi's event based on current time/total time into event to find appropriate comparison event's time and also scale the scores to match total duration:

Umi vs Honoka
Top 1000 - 30996 vs 22302 ~10.5 Love Gems extra
Top 2000 - 22985 vs 17164 ~7 Love Gems extra

Umi vs Eli
Top 1000 - 30524 vs 24436 ~7.5 Love Gems
Top 2000 - 22636 vs 17564 ~6 Love Gems

ofc the Love Gem estimates are rougher than my previous estimates because of the scaling but yea. that's a lot of extra Love Gems being used in addition to the Love Gems they'd normally use to get to these tiers. if you look at the graph tracking the tiers, the line is much more crooked, too

Kumubou

Looking back at it, the JP event had a similar jump, with the 2nd Honkers event tier 2 cutoff being 24,558 (at 8,000) and the 2nd Umi event cut-off being at 31,982 (at 10,000). Whereas the EN version has cutoffs at 26,684 and (currently) 33,824. There's also been a big ass jump in the playerbase; nearly 25% more players active during the Umi event. It does look like the change is largely induced from the additional loveca (although that won't hold if T2 jumps all the way up to 40k or something nuts), although who knows where the additional players came from.

Yui

I got my replacement Honoka and she has all of her fingers. But there's a weird smudge on her thigh. Like a clear mark. That didn't go away with water.

I dunno if its a big deal or not.

Man, that sucks. :/
I hope it's not some kind of dark color?

GoXDS

Hopefully with this jump in the cutoff klab will increase the tier numbers.

they'll probably only increase tiers based on number of players that played during the event. it would be nice though. this event did see an increase in players, though (and reached 50k within 24 hours...) so maybe.

PK Gaming

Love Live! - 13 (FINALE)

It's the last episode of the season. Honoka is still in a funk, μ is on indefinite hiatus, Kotori is leaving japan, and everyone is drifting apart. Suffice it to say, things are looking pretty grim! Does the episode resolve all of those plot points while still delivering a satisfying ending and reaching my expectations? Naturally.

Honoka Kousaka's Finest Hour!

After turning her back on the school idol life for good, Honoka goes back to being a normal highschool student. μ basically collapses, though Nico, Rin, and, Hanayo continue being idols. Seeing them press on like that was a legitimately heartwarming experience. After all, until a short while ago, they were having the time of their lives. It must have been incredibly painful for them to not have everyone around, but they still kept on going. Nico makes it clear why they're still going; they love being idols. In spite of everything that's happened, they're being true to themselves. Incidentally, I think that's the main theme of the episode (and arguably, the entire series). Friendship is great, optimism rules, and hard work and determination are vital, but being true to yourself is the most important thing in world. Honoka's reasons for quitting were self-servicing excuses (I screwed up, we'll never be good as a A-Rise, the school's fine, etc). Deep down, she loves being an idol. Singing, dancing and all that jazz... those things make her really, really happy. But going that down path again means:

1) Accepting that she may never be as successful as A-Rise
2) Accepting the stress or heartache that comes with being an school idol (such as when members leave)
3) Accepting that she might fail or that she might let her friends down again

Being able to accept each of those facts is hard. No, super hard. It means taking a long hard look at yourself and accepting reality, no matter how unpleasant it is. Fortunately for her, after some chance encounters with her friends, and some self-reflection, Honoka was able to work up the resolve to get back into the idol game again. I was very pleased with how Honoka managed to overcome her dilemma. She didn't do it through solely friendship (though they definitely helped) and it wasn't through sheer optimism either. She was able to overcome her problems through understanding. Friendship or optimism are things that most people achieve at some point in their life, but very, very few people achieve true understanding. And it was through that understanding that Honoka found the courage to press on. Rain or shine, win or lose, love and heartbreak; the truth is, simply being a school idol is enough to make her truly happy.

It's a classic of tale of "Whether you win or lose, it's important to have have fun" but it's done so well. Again, I can totally empathize with Honoka here. It's like when you get overly invested in a competitive sport or game, to a point where you're afraid of playing that game because losing is too painful. Or because you'll never be as good as X-player. Or because of the myriad reasons we may come up with. It's cliched, but sometimes the biggest obstacles in life is ourselves.

So yeah, even though the episode direction was predictable, it didn't stop me from happily grinning like an idiot. Kotori's return was a quick, but it was decently done and fairly consistent with the episode's theme. Just like Honaka, she herself was denying her own feelings. Choosing between "happiness in the future or being happy in the present" isn't easy, so I don't blame her on agonizing over the decision. I imagine that she felt pressured into going abroad since the opportunity was so appealing. She was probably afraid of turning down an offer in fear of facing regret down the line, but again, just like Honoka, she was able to come to grips with the fact that she truly loved being a school idol with her friends. Cue a heartwarming reunion between the girls and the final concert to finish the season.

Hey, hey, hey START:DASH

RiA6Y0Q.jpg

Annnnnnnnnd that's a wrap! Love Live! School Idol Festival was a great anime. Going in, I was honestly expecting something akin to a feel good moe blob anime. What I got instead was a genuinely funny comedy with great songs, tremendous characters, decent drama, and a ton of heart. Being a school idol was serious business; the girls struggled, trained and fought to achieve their goals. There were ups and downs. Joy and pain. But most important of all, the characters came to a greater understanding of their own feelings. And while they might not have gotten into to the Love Live, i'm positive that there day will come.

Definitely jumping into season 2 as soon as possible. I'll have to check out the OVA too, and catch up on the mangas. I definitely plan on playing the game too, once I get my android fixed. Unfortunately, it's too late for me... i've got a fullblown case of Love Live fever.

Current party status: 9
Favorite character: ♪
Idol rank: The Nine Muses of Greek Mythology

Yui

No, but to me, it's very noticeable. Especially since this is a replacement. I'll see what GSC says about it, I'm gonna contact them later. But I don't think they will do anything about it.

Good luck!
Unfortunately, it's too late for me... i've got a fullblown case of Love Live fever.
Nice to hear. I think many people miss out on this show, because they basically have the same expectations as you and never try it.

Himemiya

Nice write-up PK!
I'll have to check out the OVA too, and catch up on the mangas.
OVA is basically just a music video, it is really cute and fun though. As for the manga ayyyyye might want to think twice. Got nearly none of the shoujo haato the anime is packing.

Qurex

Neo Member
I have yet to get any closer than this to FC'ing Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai EX. It's really annoying how close I was.
-------------------------------

fek, do you still plan on trying to watch that μ’s New Year's Eve program live?
Hopefully Bandai Channel isn't region locked. http://live.b-ch.com/lovelive/
Here's the countdown for it.

Countdown until Love Live! 2014 Year End Thank You Party ~ μ’s New Year's Eve ~ is broadcast at 9:00 PM JST (12:00 PM GMT).
t1420027200z0.png

Repost of the program contents
Love Live! End of Year Special Broadcast with the 9 members of μ’s.

Looking back at 2014 with μ’s.

Program name: Love Live! 2014 Year End Thank You Party ~ μ’s New Year's Eve ~ 「ラブライブ!」2014年ありがとう忘年会 ~μ’sと過ごす大晦日SP~

Appearance: μ’s
Nitta Emi (Kousaka Honoka), Nanjou Yoshino (Ayase Eli), Uchida Aya (Minami Kotori), Mimori Suzuko (Sonoda Umi), Iida Riho (Hoshizora Rin), Pile (Nishikino Maki), Kusuda Aina (Toujou Nozomi), Kubo Yurika (Koizumi Hanayo), Tokui Sora (Yazawa Nico).

Live broadcast delivery date and time:
December 31st (Wednesday) 21:00 - 22:00 JST [12:00 PM UTC - 1:00 PM UTC]
TOKYO MX, Bandai Channel (Live broadcast page) http://live.b-ch.com/lovelive/

22:00 - 24:05 JST (planned) [1:00 PM UTC - 3:05 PM UTC]
A special live continuous performance on Bandai Channel
  1. TV Anime 1st season, episode 1 - episode 3, streamed (? not sure if I got this right, TVアニメ1期 第1話~第3話一挙ライブ配信)
  2. Live digest - Love Live! μ’s →NEXT LoveLive! 2014 ~ENDLESS PARADE~
  3. Countdown to 2015 (featuring μ’s)
-------------------------------
Reposting for the new page

Countdown until the end of the English event on Wednesday, 31st December, 8 AM UTC.
t1420012800z0.png

Countdown until the end of the Japanese Event on Wednesday, 31st December, 3 PM JST [6 AM UTC].
t1420005600z0.png

Provisional countdown for the New Year's draw at 12:00 PM PST on Thursday, 1st January.
t1420142400z4.png

fek

fek, do you still plan on trying to watch that μ’s New Year's Eve program live?
Hopefully Bandai Channel isn't region locked. http://live.b-ch.com/lovelive/
Here's the countdown for it.

Countdown until Love Live! 2014 Year End Thank You Party ~ μ’s New Year's Eve ~ is broadcast at 9:00 PM JST (12:00 PM GMT).
t1420027200z0.png
Yes, but I might end up missing the start. Since it's probably starting with the anime rebroadcast I don't mind that too much

Kumubou

Jeez, 3 hours left and the T2 cutoff is at 36,754. Good luck to anyone crazy enough to try for the extra SRs. I know GrandHusk is in full struggle mode right now, just outside of it. There's going to be some real despair from people who come up just short this time around.

chrono01

Jeez, 3 hours left and the T2 cutoff is at 36,754. Good luck to anyone crazy enough to try for the extra SRs. I know GrandHusk is in full struggle mode right now, just outside of it. There's going to be some real despair from people who come up just short this time around.
I get super-determined over stuff like this, and have 41 Loveca that I'm planning to burn through to at least make it above 40,000. Surely that should be enough?

...Hard to say. :/

GoXDS

I get super-determined over stuff like this, and have 41 Loveca that I'm planning to burn through to at least make it above 40,000. Surely that should be enough?

...Hard to say. :/

currently at 37500 and past few hours were <750 increase. so you...might be safe =D

I'm just happy for reaching 21000 for that Love Gem

chrono01

currently at 37500 and past few hours were <750 increase. so you...might be safe =D

I'm just happy for reaching 21000 for that Love Gem
Hopefully.

I'm currently at 37,905 with 374 tokens in possession. I'm going to use more Loveca and pile up some more, and then do a few 4x event songs in the final half hour.

GoXDS

congratz safs! I also want to reach Rank 100 (100 is nice) for 75 LP so I can easily 3 EX or 5 Hard (Score Match). though like you said, 98 is basically the same. can sleep for longer periods of time with higher max. for now I'm at 97

Ceris

Neo Member
Whoo 100 LP get
Nxbmgv8.png

I mean you basically have 100 at rank 148 but still.

Triple digit LP feels so nice to get~

Well, I'm done with the event, it was a far heavier drain on my gems than I expected.

And that concludes 3 events back to back Tier 1 as a F2P. At the end of the first Maki event, I had 4 gems, and saved until the Honoka event, and then went T1 for Honoka, Hanayo, and now Umi.

pariah164

Had to stop playing due to mini-crisis in my house, so I will more than likely not get the Umi. Sigh. Well, got awesome Nico card so I'll call it a win for the event.

chrono01

Lol this last hour had a 1086 pt increase.
chrono, you're not safe at just 40k ^^;
Thanks for the warning.

I'm just going to keep playing 25LP/Expert songs, get whatever tokens I can, and then use them in the last half of the event. Not sure how much that will be, maybe 41/42k or so?

GoXDS

final Umi update! Lol that 1517 pt jump. 41500 should be a safe benchmark (I hope). I'd normally say a bit more than half the last hour's but this Umi event is insane.

chrono01

I'm at 41,980 now, going to try for a bit more...

Edit - 42,069 is my final total. Here's hoping it's enough, if not...well...this might be my last event for a while, unless they increase range.

ithebigc

Neo Member
Well, the thread lives up to its title in regards to despair. Played pretty much non-stop for the last 4 hours trying to enter the top 1000, and in the end, I definitely missed it. I did not expect to blow ~40 loveca and not get in. Those could've been better saved for pulls, not to mention time wasted and how boring it was. I need a break from this game. :(

Top Bottom