• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Crisis Core Reunion - Final FantasyVII: My Heads in the Cloud, huh Zack?

SCB3

Well now this is an interesting one, I am a massive FF7 fan and recently played through the Yuffie DLC (in under 3 hours, its a fun ride all told) and so with a slightly clear week shcdule with RE4 Remake coming next weekend, thought this could eb a fun diversion to a game I've never played (especially since

Zack is still alive cause of the cast breaking the timeline, I still think they're gonna kill off Aerith, but not the same way, like an Endgame sacrifice instead
)

So any tips?

SCB3

First thoughts, are these cutscenes ripped from the PSP version? They look lower res than the game

Just resign yourself to Angeal/Genesis sucking and revel in the campiness of Zack’s dialogue:

“I’m feeling it!”

And bear in mind: it’s a PSP game. So it’s built to be consumed in short bursts.

Mr Hyde

My Switch copy is coming in next week. Always wanted to play it but never had a PSP. I'm a big fan of FF7 so should be good fun. Gonna hold off though because RE4 is dropping next Friday so don't want to start anything before that.

SCB3

My Switch copy is coming in next week. Always wanted to play it but never had a PSP. I'm a big fan of FF7 so should be good fun. Gonna hold off though because RE4 is dropping next Friday so don't want to start anything before that.
Yea, its apparently quite short (how long to beat has it at around 13 hours) and tbh I'm only doing it this week as the Yuffie DLC was over so quick

WoJ

Zack is still alive cause of the cast breaking the timeline,
Is this actually true? I'm not clear since the ending to FFVIIR is somewhat bonkers, or at least to me it seemed bonkers.

I played Crisis Core for the first time when the remaster came out. The game fucking rocks. I took a break for a while but I am going to go back and platinum it.

Edit: I can't figure out how to get rid of all these spoiler tags. Sorry for the weird post.

Last edited:

SCB3

Is this actually true? I'm not clear since the ending to FFVIIR is somewhat bonkers, or at least to me it seemed bonkers.

I played Crisis Core for the first time when the remaster came out. The game fucking rocks. I took a break for a while but I am going to go back and platinum it.
Play the Yuffie DLC - INTERgrade or whatever its called, there are answers at the end of that

Reactions: WoJ

Vblad88

Crisis Core is literally first FF game I played that have a plain broken battle system.
Make sure not to dig into the side missions too much, or in a short while you will end up with skill that deals damage, heal you, refill SP and MP all at the same time (+ always breakes damage limits when you put Buster Sword proficency into the mix). Fine story and great addition to the FF7 universe, but gameplay is loosing momentum around halfway.

jm89

Just resign yourself to Angeal/Genesis sucking and revel in the campiness of Zack’s dialogue:

“I’m feeling it!”
I was playing it while i had covid, playing this game sick and with genesis and zack dialogue i think it made me even sicker, like i could legit feel my fever get worse.

SCB3

I can't decide if I can be bothered doing the side mission, I did a few and they're ok, but the main story is easy enough without having to grind so far and tbh only really playing for that story

WoJ

I can't decide if I can be bothered doing the side mission, I did a few and they're ok, but the main story is easy enough without having to grind so far and tbh only really playing for that story
I am loving the side missions. But I am strictly looking at them almost as a separate "dungeon crawl/grind".

Last edited:

SCB3

So end of Chapter 8 and beat

Sephiroth, that was early!

and he was quite the Challenge on Phase 2, Phase one, I have Dark Blizzara which is wrecking any boss that is slow moving

I know I'm at the end here but theres still some chapters to go it seems,

SCB3

And done, actually ended the Final boss in a pure Anime FF style, had a Limit Break that called back to Zacks mentor (with a cutscene) and was like he was guiding him one last time!

Overall, a solid 8/10, not too long and gives a lot of backstory to a character that is so important to FF7 and yet is barely touched on in the Remake (I need to replay the Original to see if thats true there) well worth a play, I kinda wish I'd got it on sale as I did pay full price on Release, but not the first or last time I'll do that, still think it was worth it over all

Bring on the next installment of FF7 this Xmas!

PanzerCute

I hope that the guy who decided that the game has to yell "ACTIVATE COMBAT MODE" at you before EVERY combat has been fired.

Reactions: Fuz

Doom85

Question: was the thread title a reference to Deadly Premonition (since the MC always talks to seemingly no one yet calls them “Zach”)? If so:

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Top Bottom