• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: From Dusk Till Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

So this movie just started on tv.
I have never seen it before but it looks pretty good.
I know a bit about the movie, so looking forward to the
vampire
stuff later on lol

Tarantino is a horrible actor but i have pretty much loved everything he has been attached to.

No complaints about Clooney. His character is so different to most of his recent work so that is very refreshing.

What's GAF's opinion of it?

tumblr_n1zpbeH1y41to01h8o2_500.gif

It's a nice two act film.

First act tows the line between dark comedy and legitimate horror. Second act is an over the top slasher flick. Always a fun watch.

Triteon

I really like this movie. I mean its not amazing or anything but its super solid

It was also the movie that got me to give a fuck about Clooney, which I am forever thankful for.

Love it, has a turn by Tarantino that's is much more bearable then his recent stuff, and play his character pretty well.

Clooney plays a badass with (a bit of) heart perfectly and slightly hams it up. Plus he has lots of classic quotable lines.

And for a sweet short while, it has prime Hayek who rightfully becomes a highlight of the film. It's on Netflix here in the U.K.

It's a messy, sexy and profane exploitation flick. Definitely worth a watch.

Four things I always remember the most about this movie:

Seth: I love you.
Richie turns into a vampire
Richie: I love you too, Seth. RAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Salma Hayek's dance.

Quentin Tarantino sucking on Salma Hayek's toes and licking booze off them.

Making weapons from stuff in crates.

Replicant

It's one of the weirdest 180 turnaround when it comes to plot. One minute it's an abduction movie then the next it turns into survival horror.

Randam

Movie is great.
But I haven't seen it in a long time.

Netflix Germany only had the "fsk 16".
That one starts with them both driving in their car and Tarantino has a hole in his hand.
The complete has station part is missing already. :lol

Guilty pleasure of mine. It's crazy how it literally splits into an entirely different genre about halfway through. I thought Clooney's character warranted some kind of spinoff on his own merits.

And yeah, Salma Hayek. I'll perform my civic duty for the day and leave you all with this....

2904e-salma-hayek-from-dusk-till-dawn-1.jpg

6.jpg

At first I thought this was about the TV show. I loved the first movie. The other two were terrible. The TV show's first season was bad, but I think they did a good job with seasons 2 and three. They actually bring back some of the actors from the first movie.

Great film with good action mixed in with dark comedy. I particularly enjoy the shift in tone in the second half of the movie which adds alot to it I feel and makes it really interesting. Also +1 for Tom Savini.

It's good. I enjoy the idea of it more than the actual movie though. The execution could have been done better with such a cool plot.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I was at an age where this whole movie confused me thoroughly. The change, the absurdity and the hormonal changes that dance scene caused in me.

Guilty pleasure of mine. It's crazy how it literally splits into an entirely different genre about halfway through. I thought Clooney's character warranted some kind of spinoff on his own merits.

And yeah, Salma Hayek. I'll perform my civic duty for the day and leave you all with this....

2904e-salma-hayek-from-dusk-till-dawn-1.jpg

6.jpg

Fun fact: Hayek had a debilitating fear of snakes and went through a therapy regimen in order to get through this scene.

jmizzal

Love it, its one of my top Vampire movies along with Interview with a Vampire, The Lost Boys and Let me In/ Let the right one in

Jarlaxle

A fun guilty pleasure. I remember I saw it in the theaters with a couple of friends when it came out. We were all surprised by the twist.

Also, I'd like to say that I believe prime Salma Hayek was probably the most beautiful woman to have ever graced this Earth. Absolute perfection.

Enosh

Love it! How was/is the TV show?
only watched the first season but I thought it was pretty fun

the promo pictures lie through, the vampires don't have the typical fangs, they are much more like snake fangs since they are Aztec vampires

Sanke__

Amazing movie

Sets the bar for the mid movie genre switch

I also really appreciate movies that realistically handle character reactions to zombies/ vampires

And yeah Hayek is GOAT

____

I think I remember someone offering multiple colors of pussy, so I thought that was funny. Don't remember anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom