• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucha Underground Season 2 |OT| Wrestling is fun again, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Nook

Yes

Cap5UOrWcAAk1cN.jpg

LOL, I caught that also.

TraBuch

Banned
God I hope Kobra Moon is good. The more good female wrestlers on LU, the less we'll have to see of Sexy Star. Hopefully.

TraBuch

Banned
Including
Big Ryck and Hernandez

Tremendous episode, tremendous main event, and that ending swerve is out of control! What a time to be alive!
Thought it was a pretty weak episode by LU standards. Kobra Moon's debut was extremely underwhelming, Drago/Evans was a disappointment, and Cuerno/Fenix was worse than their match in the premiere. Best part of the show was the
Joey Ryan
reveal.

With that said, it was still better than every episode of Raw I've seen over the last year.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode.

Jack Evans is a great heel. Dragons was great

Current and Felix works so well together.

Loved the Texans video

The ending was pretty cool neat.

Looks like pentagon vs puma next week

Including
Big Ryck and Hernandez

Tremendous episode, tremendous main event, and that ending swerve is out of control! What a time to be alive!

I missed them! Surprised they haven't canon explained
El Patron
yet.

I feel like the only PWG fan on the internet that
still likes Joey Ryan
, so looking forward to that.

Allforce

I'm sort of a pro wrestling ex-pat, was big into WWF/WCW back in the Attitude Era, quit watching honestly the day after the whole Chris Benoit tragedy. I've caught some PPVs here and there but nothing near the level I used to be at.

THIS show however, is a breath of fucking fresh air. It's so over-the-top but played so serious, I can't explain it. The video segments, the camera angles, the entrances, the bizarre storylines involving some belt that's infused with stones from the Gods or some shit? Fuck if I know but it's amazing. I've only watched Season 2 so far but every episode has at least one spot where I just cringe in disbelief. I'm just coming to grips with what the face/heel dynamics are but I'm absolutely hooked.

Lucha Underground's ratings for this week was 136,000, which was up from last week's. Glad to see an uphill trend to the ratings, even though I thought this week's episode, King Cuerno vs Fenix aside, didn't really do nothing for me.

fauxtrot

Banned
Can't wait for Puma v Pentagon!

They could have delayed that match a bit longer but I think they have plenty of things they need to do for future episodes... so fuck it, give it to me now!

Kobra Moon was really disappointing, so hopefully she'll be relegated to multi-person matches from here on out so I don't feel like they're wasting time on a match with her when we could get more Aeostar, Drago, Pentagon, Fenix, Mil, Cuerno, Puma, Mundo, Rey, Ryan, Mack, PJ, etc... gawd there are a lot of great wrestlers on this show and I didn't even name them all.

Kaladin

Can't wait for Puma v Pentagon!

They could have delayed that match a bit longer but I think they have plenty of things they need to do for future episodes... so fuck it, give it to me now!

Kobra Moon was really disappointing, so hopefully she'll be relegated to multi-person matches from here on out so I don't feel like they're wasting time on a match with her when we could get more Aeostar, Drago, Pentagon, Fenix, Mil, Cuerno, Puma, Mundo, Rey, Ryan, Mack, PJ, etc... gawd there are a lot of great wrestlers on this show and I didn't even name them all.

Agree on Kobra Moon. Ophidian is a better snake style wrestler. It's a shame they couldn't get The Osirian Portal complete with gimmick for LU.

Pretty damn good episode. Better than last week's, of course. Really liked the Cage vs. Joey Ryan match.

Finally, anything with Pentagon Jr. is absolute gold.

Kaladin

With rising ratings, the big question is, how do you make the show appeal to non-wrestling fans? I think it has crossover potential with the science fiction and urban fantasy crowd. Obviously you're going to want the series on demand with a wider platform for people to access the show, but beyond that....what do you do to advertise it to these viewers who might not consider a wrestling product?

NoRéN

With rising ratings, the big question is, how do you make the show appeal to non-wrestling fans? I think it has crossover potential with the science fiction and urban fantasy crowd. Obviously you're going to want the series on demand with a wider platform for people to access the show, but beyond that....what do you do to advertise it to these viewers who might not consider a wrestling product?
I honestly don't know. But, I do enjoy the previews and commercials. They embrace the cheesyness and tv show aspect.

If anything it's the limited availability that hinders the show's expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom