• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucha Underground Season 2 |OT| Wrestling is fun again, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

tumblr_o1ntqaTECo1snhdpvo1_500.gif

#BetterThanPeck

Looks like the ratings for the Season 2 premiere are 44K overall and 0.02 in the 18-49 demo. Those numbers ain't so hot. El Rey Network definitely needs to add LU to some streaming service and soon.

loki 16

Just watch the season premier and wow. The match between King Cuerno and fenix was fantastic. Also Pentagon jr is awesome. I didn't get to watch the first season because El rey was not available on verizon. Is there a way to watch the first season online?

Bandini

I went into the premiere with high expectations, and was legitimately blown away. The production took a big step up, the matches were great, and the taped segments were awesome. Random thoughts:

Mil looks incredible on his throne with his belt and green contacts.

Angelico's selling is wonderfully over the top.

Commentary was solid and I like how Vampiro is a focal point rather than just being there to call the matches. Looking forward to seeing where his story leads.

Dario still getting his violence grind on, I love it.

Hasney

Vampiro's the best color commentator in years. He's not as smart or quick witted as Heenan or Ventura, but his experiences and his excitement are downright infectious. He always sounds sincere and brings up good points. I loved him during the Ivellise/Mil match. 'I hope she wins it and I'm so proud of it, but look at what she's facing' and I love watching him run halfway across the arena whenever hype shit happens. And now I'm real interested to see how his character goes in season 2.

Opening of season 2 was the best promo he's ever cut and the first time his character has matched his look because his wcw promos were always so hit and miss.

Totally agreed. Wasn't sold in the first couple of episodes but once he found his groove, he's been fantastic.

Just finished that first episode, holy fucking shit that's a way to make a bang. The ending with Puma and Pentagon was fantastic and fuck the Divas revolution, we had the baddest bitch in the building.

Kaladin

I wish WWE wasn't so afraid to put women vs men. It can be a fair match on an even playing field and hell, even if it is a mis-match like Mil vs Ivelise, you can still showcase the woman as being strong against against a male opponent.

kirblar

I wish WWE wasn't so afraid to put women vs men. It can be a fair match on an even playing field and hell, even if it is a mis-match like Mil vs Ivelise, you can still showcase the woman as being strong against against a male opponent.
TV PG and the toy deals.

TV-PG, toy deals, and it's straight illegal in some of the countries they on the air with.

Hasney

they really need to put this on hulu or netflix or something

44k is super low

Yeah, it's great for El Ray though and they're the ones backing it. Think someone mentioned El Rayis going to have it on demand at some point so I'll be buying it if I'm allowed to.

Kaladin

Can anyone confirm if I can watch the first episode On Demand if I sign up for Sling or FUBO?

Sling yes, FUBO no.

Sling has a limited on demand service that keeps episodes there for a period of time depending on the network and FUBO has a limited DVR service that only allows you to record live soccer matches.

fauxtrot

Banned
Sling yes, FUBO no.

Sling has a limited on demand service that keeps episodes there for a period of time depending on the network and FUBO has a limited DVR service that only allows you to record live soccer matches.

SWEET! Now that I don't have cable I would like to be able to watch Season 2 legally.

Best wrestling show on TV, hands down. Makes weekly NXT feel boring (not counting Takeovers).

Actual viewing figures for the season premiere are 109K and then 85K for the immediate replay, according to Meltzer. Best numbers to date! I'm so glad that this show is starting to get the recognition it deserves.

Hex

Banned
I must have watched the end of the Mil Muertes / Ivelisse match ten times now, and I still mark the fuck out the minute Puma hits the ring and then scream like a little girl when Pentagod hits the ring.

Actual viewing figures for the season premiere are 109K and then 85K for the immediate replay, according to Meltzer. Best numbers to date! I'm so glad that this show is starting to get the recognition it deserves.

Hmmm so it's either the 44K Showbuzz Daily reported or 109K from Meltzer. I really hope it's the latter. Still, it sucks the show didn't place in the Top 150 Cable Programs of the day but I guess that is to be expected.

Might just be me, but when I went into Lucha I didn't put it on the same level as WWE in terms of what to compare it against. While it is wrestling I feel like it's its own beast. It's very clear from the get go that it's not the WWE and that it's a serialized show.

Shiv47

Might just be me, but when I went into Lucha I didn't put it on the same level as WWE in terms of what to compare it against. While it is wrestling I feel like it's its own beast. It's very clear from the get go that it's not the WWE and that it's a serialized show.

Thank the gods the bolded is true. It's good because it's like nothing else in wrestling right now.

Mideon

Jim Cornette

in 2016

I have a friend that's the same though. He watched the Vampiro segment from the start of season 2 and judged it from that saying he wants his wrestling to be portrayed as real. Which kind of defeats the point of LU really.

NoRéN;193843925 said:
I thought they had been renewed for 2 two seasons?
I mean, season 2 tapings are going much faster than the first season tapings last year.
Still, great news!

Final Season 2 taping was this weekend and they were told today, the last day of taping, that Season 3 had been greenlit but no info on timing which is not surprising given season 2 has just started and they want to focus on that. If they are on iTunes what are the chances of appearing on other services too?

Yup, great news for them and i'm glad that there's going to be another season. I can't wait for the next ep of season 2 this week :)

NoRéN

Final Season 2 taping was this weekend and they were told today, the last day of taping, that Season 3 had been greenlit but no info on timing which is not surprising given season 2 has just started and they want to focus on that. If they are on iTunes what are the chances of appearing on other services too?

Yup, great news for them and i'm glad that there's going to be another season. I can't wait for the next ep of season 2 this week :)
Yeah, wrapping up later today. Which reminds me I gotta start getting ready.

A Netflix or amazon prime deal would help immensely! Hard to get people to watch when most don't even know El Rey exists.

Hasney

Buying Lucha on iTunes if that's the only place it comes. I really hope not though, I don't even have that turd of a software installed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom