• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Jintor

MisterL.png

he's back to assault some ghosts backstage

That storyline was amazing. Ghost Trick owns.

Neiteio

I know it sounds ridiculous and incredibly paranoid but I won't do digital properly with Nintendo until they have a decent account system / setup. I just don't trust them to do things properly. >_>
I definitely want Nintendo to incorporate a unified account system, but until then, I'll take some measure of comfort in the fact my games are linked to my Club Nintendo account as a sort of "proof of purchase," and also the fact that to this day not one of my Nintendo portables is in anything but perfect condition. :)

The convenience factor is just too grand. LIVE IN THE MOMENT, BABY.

But I like boxes. That's literally the only reason why I don't go digital; I like having a physical representation of my hobby.

I thought about that before making the decision to go all-digital, but then I realized how some of my favorite games this gen have been eShop only anyway, a trend that will almost assuredly keep growing as publishers continue to question if manufacturing physical copies of their games is worth it.

Oh, and I live in a small town where my only venue for games is a Wal-Mart that waits days after release to stock them.

(And lastly I just find myself getting more out of games when I can switch to them from a menu rather than have to track down a cart and fool with cart-changing...or god forbid disc-changing!)

Neiteio

I thought about that before making the decision to go all-digital, but then I realized how some of my favorite games this gen have been eShop only anyway, a trend that will almost assuredly keep growing as publishers continue to question if manufacturing physical copies of their games is worth it.

Oh, and I live in a small town where my only venue for games is a Wal-Mart that waits days after release to stock them.

(And lastly I just find myself getting more out of games when I can switch to them from a menu rather than have to track down a cart and fool with cart-changing...or god forbid disc-changing!)
Better for the earth and less shit to take up space and gather dust, too!

serplux

Oh, I buy a hell of a lot of eShop games, but when it comes to retail games, there's just something about hearing that cartridge click in that's mesmerizing, and just looking at all of my games and picking what I want to play off the shelf among my collection just feels right. I won't make the switch until I have to, or unless I get major incentives (like 40% off or other bonuses).

Better for the earth and less shit to take up space and gather dust, too!

Eh, let's just go ahead and terraform Mars.

Jazzem

Very excited for this, gonna play the Gamecube one after I get all this coursework done :D It's been years...

If anyone could Luigify Headdy in my avatar, that'd be much appreciated!

Lucent

I'd love to go digital, but as long as there's no way to guarantee I can play my copy off the service in the future, I gotta stay physical. I know some games you may not want to replay that far along, but that's besides the point. lol

Lucent

Could someone Luigify my avatar please? Thanks!

By the way, someone from Next Level tweeted out this thread. :)

g2niKzt.png

His glasses made it kind of hard to do so i kind of tried to push the hat across his glasses. Before I had the ear covered but the glasses stuck out. So this is what I went with.

If anybody else wants to do it. lol

EDIT: He does look kind of cool though with his eyes barely visible, though.

Has the average time for a normal playthrough been said? Also, have there been mentions of the extras/collectables needed for 100%? Sorry if these questions have been mentioned, I'm avoiding media for this.

Lucent

Has the average time for a normal playthrough been said? Also, have there been mentions of the extras/collectables needed for 100%? Sorry if these questions have been mentioned, I'm avoiding media for this.

I haven't seen it posted anywhere really. I'm wondering about this, too.

Fireblend

Banned
So I've been out of the loop these past few days; is there not going to be a demo for this? Seems like a lost opportunity...

Wow really?

Just realized I didn't include a link in my post.

https://twitter.com/GameplayDev/status/313483704712454144

g2niKzt.png

His glasses made it kind of hard to do so i kind of tried to push the hat across his glasses. Before I had the ear covered but the glasses stuck out. So this is what I went with.

If anybody else wants to do it. lol

EDIT: He does look kind of cool though with his eyes barely visible, though.

Looks funny, thanks!

I haven't seen it posted anywhere really. I'm wondering about this, too.

This guy said about 15 hours.

https://twitter.com/TheBitBlock/status/310620971134509056

How's replay value? Does the game give you an incentive to replay mansions or missions such as being awarded a rank or medal depending upon how well you completed it? I'd be totally okay with the game simply beginning, ending, and being awesome, but it'd be nice if there was some replay value to keep me going beyond the multiplayer.

trixx

This thread is awesome I think I'm going to have to pick up the pikachu 3ds and get Luigi's mansion. I wish I had an avatar to luigify.

If Miyamoto's words about including as much diverse and fun content are true, then a 12-15 hour adventure seems great to me. Even if it doesn't quite supply me with the amount of content that Kid Icarus: Uprising gave me, if the game is as great as it sounds, I don't think I'll really mind.

DaBoss

Yeah, 12-15 hours is pretty good. Though I would've loved 20~.

Jintor seems to be absolutely loving it, so it must be very good.

In all honesty, it seems like another Fire Emblem Awakening. It's hitting all the right notes (content, good review scores, great music, and etc.) and if it is good, it should receive a hefty amount of word of mouth.

With Miyamoto challenging them regarding the multiplayer, I hope t will be really good.

Draconian

In all honesty, it seems like another Fire Emblem Awakening. It's hitting all the right notes (content, good review scores, great music, and etc.) and if it is good, it should receive a hefty amount of word of mouth.

Let's hope that we can find it in stores, unlike FE:A.

Lucent

If Miyamoto's words about including as much diverse and fun content are true, then a 12-15 hour adventure seems great to me. Even if it doesn't quite supply me with the amount of content that Kid Icarus: Uprising gave me, if the game is as great as it sounds, I don't think I'll really mind.

Yeah, because games can be reaaaallly long. But if they're not fun or stop becoming fun along the way, it's kinda pointless. I just hope the 12-15 keeps me thinking "oh, this is cool" the whole way.

And Miyamoto challenging them to make the multiplayer become something as replayable as Mario Kart or better gives me hope that the multiplayer is great and not just tacked on.

I loved the Luigi Haunted House game in Nintendoland.

Let's hope that we can find it in stores, unlike FE:A.

Yeah that's why I grabbed one at Best Buy even though I don't have a 3DS yet. Didn't want to miss out after hearing how scarce that game was.

serplux

Jintor seems to be absolutely loving it, so it must be very good.

With Miyamoto challenging them regarding the multiplayer, I hope t will be really good.

I have faith in Next Level. The vibe is just here for the game like Fire Emblem. But unlike Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion is already a pretty big franchise, and we'll definitely see some good numbers from the game.

RkOwnage

I went into GameStop today and was talking with my friend who is the ASM, and I paid off the rest of my Luigi's Mansion preorder, and he was telling me about emails saying they'd see a similar situation w/ Luigi's Mansion compared to Fire Emblem, but they should have all the preorders available for launch. I don't know if this is just for GameStop, I assume it is, but if you're not preordering, it may be harder to find at your local GameStops. Of course, even though this guy is a good friend of mine, take GameStop's messages with a grain of salt.

Edit: Much thanks Alaskanbullworm!

Top Bottom