• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

RkOwnage

3ZxW996.png

Much thanks.

I went into GameStop today and was talking with my friend who is the ASM, and I paid off the rest of my Luigi's Mansion preorder, and he was telling me about emails saying they'd see a similar situation w/ Luigi's Mansion compared to Fire Emblem, but they should have all the preorders available for launch. I don't know if this is just for GameStop, I assume it is, but if you're not preordering, it may be harder to find at your local GameStops. Of course, even though this guy is a good friend of mine, take GameStop's messages with a grain of salt.

Hmm, okay. I go home a few days before Luigi's Mansion is supposed to come out (I leave the 21st), so hopefully if I preorder it, even under such short notice, I can get a copy. I'd really like to just own the game and not have to deal with searching for it like I did Fire Emblem.

serplux

I went into GameStop today and was talking with my friend who is the ASM, and I paid off the rest of my Luigi's Mansion preorder, and he was telling me about emails saying they'd see a similar situation w/ Luigi's Mansion compared to Fire Emblem, but they should have all the preorders available for launch. I don't know if this is just for GameStop, I assume it is, but if you're not preordering, it may be harder to find at your local GameStops. Of course, even though this guy is a good friend of mine, take GameStop's messages with a grain of salt.

Edit: Much thanks Alaskanbullworm!

It would be kinda awkward for everyone at GameStop to be wearing Luigi hats but not have the game they're promoting available. :/

I'm happy to see that there's a high demand for the game.

Jintor

EDIT: Jintor, at what point in the game did you max everything at?

Beginning of mansion 4 or so. That's just in terms of upgrading the Poltergust though, i.e, getting a shitload of treasure. You can still just, you know, explore to explore and get stuff.

How's replay value? Does the game give you an incentive to replay mansions or missions such as being awarded a rank or medal depending upon how well you completed it? I'd be totally okay with the game simply beginning, ending, and being awesome, but it'd be nice if there was some replay value to keep me going beyond the multiplayer.

Yeah, it ranks you (1-3 stars I think), checks your time, all that stuff.

RkOwnage

It would be kinda awkward for everyone at GameStop to be wearing Luigi hats but not have the game they're promoting available. :/

My ASM buddy also promised me his Luigi hat, I told him how big of a Luigi fan I am (although I like WaLuigi more now, which is funny because I liked Waluigi to troll my wife who REALLY despises him, and I ended up actually liking the character, but the chances of a Waluigi hat releasing to the wild is slim to none) But we'll see if I actually get my hands on one of the hats!

We'll see though, I agree it would suck if they didn't have copies, but nothing at GameStop surprises me anymore.

Yeah, it ranks you (1-3 stars I think), checks your time, all that stuff.

That's great, I can imagine this being pretty fun to go back and perfect your runs. Is it pretty lenient with its grading, or do you really have to do well to get 3 stars (Or whatever the ranking is for a "perfect run")? Some games like Sonic Generations just hand you perfect ranks even when you fuck up a bunch of times, it'd be nice for some Donkey Kong Country Returns-like challenge to keep me coming back.

Jintor

Eh, just don't get hit too much and poke around for secrets a lot. I don't really know how deep the scoring system goes, especially with having to 'rediscover' secrets or anything. That would suck.

Eh, just don't get hit too much and poke around for secrets a lot. I don't really know how deep the scoring system goes, especially with having to 'rediscover' secrets or anything. That would suck.

Gotcha. I don't necessarily understand how the game's scoring system is in general, so I kind of assumed you'd be able to replay levels/missions and try again for a higher score, but I could be completely wrong.

Servbot24

Banned

Why is NoA not shipping more? This and FE are their premiere 3DS games of the year so far.

Lucent

Why is NoA not shipping more? This and FE are their premiere 3DS games of the year so far.

Yeah it is kind of weird. Not many copies of the games that you would think would be big sellers, but you can still find plenty new copies of random stuff. lol

Another question for those who've played, did you ever find yourself getting lost, or is navigating the mansions relatively simple? It would be nice if there was a Metroidvania element of trying to figure out what to do or where to go, but I can imagine this game being a bit more straight forward than the last one.

Neiteio

Another question for those who've played, did you ever find yourself getting lost, or is navigating the mansions relatively simple? It would be nice if there was a Metroidvania element of trying to figure out what to do or where to go, but I can imagine this game being a bit more straight forward than the last one.
The game has a mission structure this time around, which probably keeps you more on track. Each mansion has four to six missions in them. Also, I believe a map of the floor plan on the touchscreen helps you keep track of where you are, your objective, and which rooms you've been in or which ones are still locked.

serplux

That's pretty damn good for what I'm sure is a pretty niche franchise, had no idea it sold that well.

That plus retail made it the best selling month in Fire Emblem history. But I'm sure they'll have out more copies for Luigi's Mansion sooner, since it's more mainstream.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They will certainly have more copies for Fire Emblem.

1)Much more anticipated than FE
2)It's a Sunday release, so no problems like a Monday release would have generated
3)Amazon doesn't show a warning for potential shipment problems for this game: they had the warning for Fire Emblem days before it's release, and the same for LCU

Artemisia

Banned
Have any more impressions or previews popped up in the past few days? Some guy on r/3ds has a review copy and says the game is great and is very explorable. I can't wait.

lol why are you cry face?

It's a good cry

like i'm witnessing such intense beauty that tears are flowing from my eyes

GRW810

I was always going to get this game but this thread has convinced me to do so day 1. Going to have to exchange friend codes with some of you guys so we can play some ScareScraper.

The game has a mission structure this time around, which probably keeps you more on track. Each mansion has four to six missions in them. Also, I believe a map of the floor plan on the touchscreen helps you keep track of where you are, your objective, and which rooms you've been in or which ones are still locked.

Sounds good. I hate getting lost. Who has time for that?

Leave Metroid for Metroid.

Shahadan

Could someone do mine? :>
Would me much appreciated. Maybe color the tongue in green with the L logo. :lol:

Anyway I haven't been that excited for a game in a very long time. I hope I can grab it before hte 28th.

Schlomo

I just realised that you can't delete a 3DS game from the SD card without also deleting its saves. Way to discourage people from getting games digitally.

Top Bottom