• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Rindain said:
A far-future sci-fi by M. Night written by GW? Will watch...I'm a sucker for far future speculative sci-fi.

And is Gary really banned? For science's sake unban him now so he can tell us stuff.

He just posted a few minutes ago in the Apple thread, so I think it's safe to say he isn't banned

jett

D-Member
Willy105 said:
Gary Whitta could write one for him.

Maybe they could even pay him to do it! :eek:

I'm sure Whitta isn't that bad. The script for Eli was nicely written.

Sure hope this movie doesn't have a nonsense twist like Eli...

oh wait

KHarvey16

HiResDes said:
It was a joke. Wow, didn't know there was a Jaden Smith/Karate Kid defense force. What's next a Noah Ringer/Last Airbender defense force.

You tried pretty hard to justify that joke.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I think M. Night is a very talented director, he just sucks at writing scripts (with few exceptions)... I think this can be very interesting.

RBH

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Lebron

quadriplegicjon said:
I think M. Night is a very talented director, he just sucks at writing scripts (with few exceptions)... I think this can be very interesting.
You haven't seen Airbender, have you?

oatmeal

Banned
HiResDes said:
I've seen more movies than you...

Uhm, I doubt that. I watch at least 4 movies a day. And I was born in a house that played 12 movies a day, running marathons. And I have a special brain so I remember being a baby, and my parents never played the same movie twice. They just played tons of them. I can go on IMDB.com and quote every single movie on there.

jett said:
Signs is really not a bad movie. I would even call it a good one.
concur. I enjoyed Signs quite a bit. but it was the last of his decent movies.

I did like Lady In The Water, in a weird way, though

oatmeal said:
Uhm, I doubt that. I watch at least 4 movies a day. And I was born in a house that played 12 movies a day, running marathons. And I have a special brain so I remember being a baby, and my parents never played the same movie twice. They just played tons of them. I can go on IMDB.com and quote every single movie on there.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

effzee

Lebron said:
You haven't seen Airbender, have you?

I haven't but all his other movies always have great shots, directing, and acting. Its the story/script department that seems to get poorer with each film.

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
Signs is really not a bad movie. I would even call it a good one.
I might check it out, I thought I'd seen it for years but it was some other very similar film, I think the sixth sense was alright, and Unbreakable I liked so I'll go for it I think.

oatmeal

Banned
Expendable. said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Dude, I'm serious.

Name any movie, be as obscure as you can be. And if you give me a couple minutes (to jog my memory, of course) I will be able to write up a plot summary.

Lebron

oatmeal said:
jackass :lol

few have and survived
I'm still amazed he managed to fuck it up so much. All the negatives were his fault, all of them. The music, special effects, nor Patel and Toub's acting could save the clusterfuck that was that movie.

HiResDes

oatmeal said:
Touche...I'm sorry I started this hearsay movie-watching contest. It's about as productive as comparing dick-sizes over the internet. :lol

Replicant

Shyamalalan and that annoying kid? No thx!

On a separate note, The Last Airbender has some of the worst acting and directing choices. And I've seen many schlocky horror films.

Salsa

I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH

oatmeal

Banned
HiResDes said:
Touche...I'm sorry I started this hearsay movie-watching contest. It's about as productive as comparing dick-sizes over the internet. :lol

:D Sometimes we say things that we don't mean to say in such a douche-y way :D

I wonder if the studio acquired Whitta's script and they got Shyamalan attached without his consideration. Considering it is in-development I find that hard to believe.

Speevy

Banned
SalsaShark said:

Title song. CG aliens in the club.

jett

D-Member
Expendable. said:
I wonder if the studio acquired Whitta's script and they got Shyamalan attached without his consideration. Considering it is in-development I find that hard to believe.

I think Gary Whitta writing for Jaden Smith is worse than him writing for Shyamalan. :p

n0b

Everybody else in here is shitting all over a movie they know barely anything about, but I'm kind of interested to see what this might become. Lots of writer/directors get can get into a rut when they only do their own material, so having a script by somebody else might be just what Shyamalan needs to restore his image.

I enjoyed Eli, so congrats Gary, and I hope you have success with this and all of your other future projects.

cnizzle06

Banned
n0b said:
Everybody else in here is shitting all over a movie they know barely anything about, but I'm kind of interested to see what this might become. Lots of writer/directors get can get into a rut when they only do their own material, so having a script by somebody else might be just what Shyamalan needs to restore his image.

I enjoyed Eli, so congrats Gary, and I hope you have success with this and all of your other future projects.

Hey! Don't hog all of Gary's dick! I want some!

Lebron

SalsaShark said:
Jaden needs to release his own CD now.

Salsa

Speevy said:
Title song. CG aliens in the club.

Actually i could honestly almost bet that this will be in the movie. Or another song by Willow, at least in the background or something.

A match made in heaven!

The Book of Eli : Visually entertaining comic book stuff, preposterous and pretentious, with a twist ending that's at once completely ridiculous and superfluous.

Every movie Shyamalan has made since Unbreakable : SAME THING.

he usually writes and directs his own films right and thats why they suck? I always though he was a good director and a shitty writer so maybe this will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom