• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

-griffy-

Banned
I know for the bvs teaser Junkie XL said on twitter they specifically made that music just for the teaser. So maybe this is the same situation with mad max. So then that music will never be released on the ost.
According to the track list on the site this is track number 12 on the soundtrack. At 5:52 it's far longer than any of the trailers so this must be a full version that actually appears in the film, some of which may have been edited for the trailers.

DMczaf

Zimmer put a track up from the OST. I think it's pretty great...

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=1288#

iDPAwkJZHiqj5.gif

From what I've read it was mostly Theron causing drama, though I don't recall why.

The shooting was really gruelling for everybody, I suppose it really got to her. Apparently she was a new mother too and so much time away from the kid and the physical demands of the shoot etc.

In hindsight I think she's said that it was definitely worth it considering the end product

zulfate

The only way Jurassic World might be interesting is if Pratt calls in the Guardians and The Avengers to battle the Dino.

The premise of growing a hybrid doesn't seem to add a lot. It's just Jurassic Park 1,2,3 all over again.

Yeah but a lot of people generally prefer shit. How can anyone look forward to Jurassic world more after seeing the trailers for both these movies side by side. This movie better not under perform if it is as good as people say it is.

I mean yeah, people with bad eyes always existed and will always exist

Like how you gon' put Jurassic World above this is beyond me breh

Lol seriously, my twin brothers said " mad max is just dirt, Jurassic world looks amazing." I really want to smack some sense into them but there 12 years old :)

From what I've read it was mostly Theron causing drama, though I don't recall why.

I read Theron was mad mostly because she's in the middle of a desert and away from family to long

Truant

Just saw it. Great action, solid performances from pretty much everyone. Not much of a plot, but the sheer intensity and ridiculous display of over-the-top violence kept things moving.

Guitar-guy steals the show. I was laughing every time he was on screen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Most of the comments about the difficulties seem to come directly from Theron and are about her own mentality. She said she took the job enjoying the prospect of a getaway, but wasn't prepared for the actual demands of the shoot.

Tom Hardy seemed unaware that Theron felt that way, based on the way he handled interview questions some months ago.

Just saw it. Great action, solid performances from pretty much everyone. Not much of a plot, but the sheer intensity and ridiculous display of over-the-top violence kept things moving.

A number of the clips utilize an undercranked-feeling visual effect, making the actors look rushed and sped-up. Is that pretty prevalent throughout the film?

Corpsepyre

Banned

Are there any negatives you might want to mention? How's the dialogue?

How do I make jam?

Truant

A number of the clips utilize an undercranked-feeling visual effect, making the actors look rushed and sped-up. Is that pretty prevalent throughout the film?

Not really sure what you mean here. Can't say I noticed anything like this,

Are there any negatives you might want to mention? How's the dialogue?

Dialogue is sparse, but over the top and for the most part great. Not a lot of exposition, as the film does a great job of explaning the rules and inner workings of the wasteland by means of visual storytelling. The film doesn't hold you hand, it kicks you head first into this crazy world and expects you to keep up with it.

As far as negatives, I'll have to spoiler them.

- The film is very much about female empowerment and Max kinda felt a little out of place in the overall plot/story. He's basically a prisoner without any real dialogue for at least 30 minutes of the film except for some intro voiceover. This made the pacing feel a little off, as there's a crazy chase scene during the first act where everyone is involved except Max (who's strapped to the front of a car).

- Didn't like Hardy's voice. It almost felt like they had to re-dub his lines in post. Something about it felt off.

- The ending was a little anticlimactic. By no means bad, it just sort of ended.

- The gore felt weak. I think the film would have had even more impact if the violence was more bloody.

Corpsepyre

Banned

Dialogue is sparse, but over the top and for the most part great. Not a lot of exposition, as the film does a great job of explaning the rules and inner workings of the wasteland by means of visual storytelling. The film doesn't hold you hand, it kicks you head first into this crazy world and expects you to keep up with it.

As far as negatives, I'll have to spoiler them.

- The film is very much about female empowerment and Max kinda felt a little out of place in the overall plot/story. He's basically a prisoner without any real dialogue for at least 30 minutes of the film except for some intro voiceover. This made the pacing feel a little off, as there's a crazy chase scene during the first act where everyone is involved except Max (who's strapped to the front of a car).

- Didn't like Hardy's voice. It almost felt like they had to re-dub his lines in post. Something about it felt off.

- The ending was a little anticlimactic. By no means bad, it just sort of ended.

Is the majority of the film chase sequences?

Truant

Is the majority of the film chase sequences?

Yep, the film is basically a gang of misfits riding a huge tanker truck with a special cargo in it, protecting it from several groups of raiders/insane people.

There are a few characters not seen in the trailer that featured a lot more prominently than I expected, and they really make the film, imo. You get to see a different side of the insane raider guys, without spoiling too much.

You can see it in this clip: https://youtu.be/AdgQUbncshw

Though re-watching it, it's hard to tell if it's a lot of small jump cuts or something undercranked. You can see it when Theron charges at him when the girl is trying to cut his bolt, (I think when the pregnant girl runs to grab the chain) and just before he's blocking her swings with the door.

But the effect doesn't seem as noticeable as remembered either.

Hard to say, but I feel like what I saw wasn't that hyped in terms of movement speed.

Cool! Hopefully I only really noticed it because of the clip's length--there wasn't enough time to let the film totally bring me in until that stuff was felt but not noticed, if that makes sense.

Snaku

Banned
Got my tickets for the screening tonight, showed up almost two hours early at the Alamo and they were almost out of tickets! Glad I showed up so early.

Corpsepyre

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E18xNwCEVFk

Found this video review on YT just now. Never heard of this dude, and it MAY contain spoilers. Go in with caution.

'The Good: Everything. Great storytelling. The build-up to characters and plot was done very well. The cinematography and the soundtrack was just excellent; well balanced and used very well. The cast was also very great as characters were foiling each other very well and each character had something new to add to the table and made a great cast. With everything said, the action and practical effects add so much more to this film which makes it so organic and 'real'. What a great ride.

The Bad: Nitpicking would be that Charlize Theron is the 'true' protagonist here rather than Tom Hardy. '

Just realized this is coming out in 3D.

Y'all who have seen it, was it in 3D? Is it worth it? Did Miller even shoot this in 3D? Lol

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just realized this is coming out in 3D.

Y'all who have seen it, was it in 3D? Is it worth it? Did Miller even shoot this in 3D? Lol

Pretty sure it's mentioned up there that Miller prefers if we watch it in 2D. Not happening where I'm from, sadly. All 3D showings here.

IKizzLE

All my friends that I've talked to have been so uninterested in this movie and said it will be trash. I am so hyped for it though...will be in the theater by myself.

zulfate

All my friends that I've talked to have been so uninterested in this movie and said it will be trash. I am so hyped for it though...will be in the theater by myself.

How? I don't get it either, any action fan can easily see the work put behind this. Gahh! it's frustrating but to each his own

Risible

Just saw it at the Alamo. Really enjoyed it. A worthy successor to The Road Warrior.

As for the person asking about the under cranked shots I noticed a fair amount of it.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

these plonkers will probably camp for Jurassic World, so just lose them

RowdyReverb

If you liked Road Warrior, you will like Fury Road. The inverse is probably also true. It is very much a Mad Max movie with vey few changes to the formula, but they really execute it well. I'm trying not to let early screening hype get the better of me, but it really was a great action film. I'd definitely recommend it to any fan of the originals.

Top Bottom