• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

My artbook just got delivered. It has a lot of badass pictures and a ton of text to read. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet but I am going to say if you haven't bought it then you should, just for the art alone!

Moonkeis

My artbook just got delivered. It has a lot of badass pictures and a ton of text to read. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet but I am going to say if you haven't bought it then you should, just for the art alone!

I'm looking forward to the book, should be delivered next Tuesday.

So I have nothing wrong with the original movies, but everytime I've tried watching them, I've just found to be kinda boring... even now, I tried checking out Road Warrior, and it just doesn't hook me.

Should I still consider checking this movie out tonight? Students with ID get in for $5 at my local theater on thursday, and I'm bored (well not really, but I feel like taking a break from Witcher 3 would be prudent) , so I'm thinking about going to Mad Max.

maharg

idspispopd
My roommate and I were pretty curious about this too. Should have been a bunch of women among the warboys. Furiosa being alone amongst them and more human seemed kinda weird. Guitar Guy could have been a woman, for instance.

This would have been a very different society than the one in the film. It's a society that uses both men and women, but in a segregated way (men for violence and women for family). That's deliberate. Furiosa is an exception, and it's her being an exception that allows her to break from that society.

The idea that in order to be a feminist film it needs to have a post-equality society as the 'villain' (all the characters are manifestations of the society, including Joe) makes no sense.

Totakeke

So I have nothing wrong with the original movies, but everytime I've tried watching them, I've just found to be kinda boring... even now, I tried checking out Road Warrior, and it just doesn't hook me.

Should I still consider checking this movie out tonight? Students with ID get in for $5 at my local theater on thursday, and I'm bored (well not really, but I feel like taking a break from Witcher 3 would be prudent) , so I'm thinking about going to Mad Max.

Yes. Please go.

I've been able to avoid getting too caught up in Mad Max hype now since I'm getting ready for vacation but GODDAMNIT WB BRING US MORE MAD MAX

Ixion

This would have been a very different society than the one in the film. It's a society that uses both men and women, but in a segregated way (men for violence and women for family). That's deliberate. Furiosa is an exception, and it's her being an exception that allows her to break from that society.

The idea that in order to be a feminist film it needs to have a post-equality society as the 'villain' (all the characters are manifestations of the society, including Joe) makes no sense.

I never said there had to be a female villain. Just females with evil motives. Perhaps someone within the group who seems like she's up to something, at the very least. Furiosa had a questionable past most likely, but the film doesn't suggest that her or any of the females were up to no good. If the worst thing about Furiosa is that she was rescuing sex slaves from an evil warlord and trying to go home, then that's not exactly that bad.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think he did a few remixes. He has not composed for any of the Batman films. His first one is going to be Batman vs Superman.

You're right, but I wouldn't be surprised. I know Lorne Balfe had a hand in TDKR as well, and both Junkie XL and Balfe helped out on Man of Steel.

ezekial45

Banned
Junkie XL is co-composing the music for Batman V Superman with Hans Zimmer. Zimmer is going to do the general score and the themes for Superman, while JXL will do all of Batman's music. It's pretty much the same set-up Zimmer and Howard had with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

I can't stop thinking about this movie. I love it so much. One of my least favorite genres is post-apocalyptic stuff (too creepy for me), and Fury Road might be one of my favorite movies ever. I've only seen it on opening day so far, but I want to see it again... I mean. Holy wow. Brothers in Arms really is a motivating track. So good.

Charlize Theron is probably one of my top 5 actors; she's in a few of my favorite movies. She is lovely.

DOWN

Banned
Fury Road with D Box seats was great. Every engine was pretty much directly linked to the chair rumble as Simo and others have said, and then it coasted all over with the aerial shots and jerked around with the car flips.

It was very cool and I think the engine effect sold it most so I'll be excited next time a car heavy movie rolls in again to try out. Definitely loved seeing the movie again.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Second viewing tomorrow. Can't wait! It's almost been a week since my first viewing and I've been thinking about this movie ever since.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Saw it in imax 3d. While the 3d didn't add much, the movie was fucking amazing, will buy it when it comes to blu ray.

Some kickass fan art for y'all by Daryl Toh

tumblr_nool21AOgI1r84mdgo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nop3t6E0Wl1r84mdgo1_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_noopk0Aane1r84mdgo1_1280.jpg

One of my fave artists; his speed paints are some of my favorite art ever.

I need to this this at least two more times. Yeses.
Time to use all my free company ticketttts

Yeseses. Tickittttssss.

Vrrrroommmm vrrroommmmm

I need the soundtrack in my life. RIGHT NOW.

I still feels the tremor of chrome on my skin even now. What a movie. What a fucking movie!

Saya

Yeseses. Tickittttssss.

Vrrrroommmm vrrroommmmm

I need the soundtrack in my life. RIGHT NOW.

I still feels the tremor of chrome on my skin even now. What a movie. What a fucking movie!

Sometimes I still hear the beats of the War Drums and it gives me tingles from top to bottom. Awesome soundtrack.

Timu

Just watched the 1st 2 Mad Max movies...why haven't I watched them earlier...they're awesome. I want to watch this one next week or so hopefully.

I just got back from watching this movie, my god, that was so awesome. one of my favorite thing is that guitar guy, it just felt so ridiculously awesome, he had awesome design, style and the soundtrack when he rock that guitar really pumped you up, go really well together with the action.

I'm not into heavymetal scene or know anything about it, but something about that guy just scream metal to me. and now I want more of that, any recommendation for more of this stuff? games, movies, comics etc?

I think I'm finally going to play Brutal Legend on my Steam backlog now

I just got back from watching this movie, my god, that was so awesome. one of my favorite thing is that guitar guy, it just felt so ridiculously awesome, he had awesome design, style and the soundtrack when he rock that guitar really pumped you up, go really well together with the action.

I'm not into heavymetal scene or know anything about it, but something about that guy just scream metal to me. and now I want more of that, any recommendation for more of this stuff? games, movies, comics etc?

I think I'm finally going to play Brutal Legend on my Steam backlog now
Any game from the magnificent Fallout series minus the terrible third some east coast b-team made.

The films A Boy and His Dog, The Rover, The Road. (What a weird trilogy that makes in itself)

jett

D-Member
Junkie XL is co-composing the music for Batman V Superman with Hans Zimmer. Zimmer is going to do the general score and the themes for Superman, while JXL will do all of Batman's music. It's pretty much the same set-up Zimmer and Howard had with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

It will be the ultimate BATTLE OF THE DRUMS. Who will outdrum who?

Any game from the magnificent Fallout series minus the terrible third some east coast b-team made.

The films A Boy and His Dog, The Rover, The Road. (What a weird trilogy that makes in itself)

thanks, will be looking into the movies. I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas. it's a great post apocalyptic game, but it didn't really have any heavy metal vibe to it I think, even the soundtrack is just slow oldies song I think, at least I remember the song from the radios are like that.

I'm looking for something like Mad Max, loud, heavy and just pumped you up hearing it.

Ixion

You might dig this movie, if you haven't seen it already:

Movie-Poster-Heavy-Metal_288x288.jpg

thanks, will be looking into the movies. I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas. it's a great post apocalyptic game, but it didn't really have any heavy metal vibe to it I think, even the soundtrack is just slow oldies song I think, at least I remember the song from the radios are like that.

I'm looking for something like Mad Max, loud, heavy and just pumped you up hearing it.

I wouldn't call it Heavy Metal, but I definitely second A Boy and His Dog. You owe it to yourself to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9fESAlGc4
So good.

Amagon

Watching this movie a second time right now. Haven't done a second viewing like this since The Matrix: Reloaded and Kill Bill back in 03. 😁

aeolist

Banned
i'm going again tonight, is the 3d version worth it? i don't have any comfort problems with 3d but it doesn't usually do much for me.

IronRinn

i'm going again tonight, is the 3d version worth it? i don't have any comfort problems with 3d but it doesn't usually do much for me.

The 3D doesn't really do anything for the movie, to be honest. Take it as you will, but I kind of forgot it was in 3D while watching it (until the one moment at the end, really).

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just got out of the cinema sometime back, and my head's completely beaten into submission. What a glorious action film with some of the best, most insane set-pieces I've seen in recent memory.

I went into this keeping my hype in check, as I didn't want to be disappointed in the end. It normally happens when something gets rated through the roof, but ends up being mediocre. The hype was justified here. Mad Max: Fury Road really IS that good.

Imagine a 2 hour chase sequence, melding post-apocalyptic anime such as Fist of the North Star with a car combat game, such as Twisted Metal. Pair that up with REALLY crazy stunt work, and some ultra-breathtaking set-pieces that just hit you on the head everytime, colourful characters (Nicholas Hoult, Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron were all great here) and a camera that's squarely affixed on the insanity on display. You'll end up with something that resembles Mad Max: Fury Road, and it's frickin' awesome. George Miller, a 70 year old, just schooled Hollywood with how action is supposed to be done.

If you're into action movies, there's no reason for you to not watch this. You do not have to be a Mad Max fan to enjoy this, though having some knowledge of the world is a bonus.

Quite simply, Mad Max: Fury Road, is part of the Holy Trinity of modern action milestones, alongside the two Raid movies out of Indonesia. I can't wait to watch it again.

P.S: Guitar Guy ruled!

Top Bottom