• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

psylah

is Fast & Furious 7 still in theaters? I want to watch this and FF7 back to back.

FF7 first though, MM seems like it's more of a climax.

duckroll

Goddamn. I was waiting for a friend to get back in town before watching it a second time, and now it's no longer playing on any the bigger screens. No more Atmos screenings! Tomorrowland took over everything this weekend! Lol. Oh well I guess I'll have to settle for a "good" screen rather than a great one. :(

KingKong

It's hard to talk about Oscar chances during the summer since so many Oscar quality movies come out way later in the year (Gone Girl, Birdman, Nightcrawler and Whiplash all came out in October)

jett

D-Member
Goddamn. I was waiting for a friend to get back in town before watching it a second time, and now it's no longer playing on any the bigger screens. No more Atmos screenings! Tomorrowland took over everything this weekend! Lol. Oh well I guess I'll have to settle for a "good" screen rather than a great one. :(

I know that feel bro.

gabbo

thanks, will be looking into the movies. I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas. it's a great post apocalyptic game, but it didn't really have any heavy metal vibe to it I think, even the soundtrack is just slow oldies song I think, at least I remember the song from the radios are like that.

I'm looking for something like Mad Max, loud, heavy and just pumped you up hearing it.

Doomsday might scratch that it, but, less metal though

Nafai1123

Banned
So I mentioned to my GF that I want to see it a third time this weekend so I can do DBOX. Surprisingly, she was super excited about. We've already seen in twice.

marrec

Banned
I predict MAD Max will take the top spot this weekend BO with all the word of mouth going on.
That would be quite the feat. I'm guessing it's going to come in closer to 35m and take number three behind Tomorrowland and Pitch Perfect 2. I'd be pleasantly surprised at a higher than 40m total though.

ronco2000

That would be quite the feat. I'm guessing it's going to come in closer to 35m and take number three behind Tomorrowland and Pitch Perfect 2. I'd be pleasantly surprised at a higher than 40m total though.

I think PP2 BO will take a nose dive this weekend. There are no buzz about Tomorrowland.

J2 Cool

Just noticed this..

gteyT3v.jpg

Loved that shot in the film. Not sure if they were intentionally that close at all.

Akahige

Loved it, didn't disappoint at all.

Pacing was great, that will make a next few viewings just as exciting.

I need to remember to buy the score.

Guys, I've seen this three times and I still can't stop thinking about it. I need help. I want to go again....

Also, Brothers in Arms is such an awesome, awesome track.

Got to check this out today. Second best chase film I've seen behind Apocalypto. Whenever the action stopped for character development, I just wanted it to end to get back to the goods. That's pretty much my only complaint. How was the 3D to those that have seen both?
Is it made for the format like Gravity
or Abadar
or not?

ogbg

Got to check this out today. Second best chase film I've seen behind Apocalypto. Whenever the action stopped for character development, I just wanted it to end to get back to the goods. That's pretty much my only complaint. How was the 3D to those that have seen both?

Have you seen War of the Arrows? It reminds me a lot of Apocalypto.

Lorcain

Witnessment. Now that's how to do an action movie. The costumes and vehicle designs were amazing. I love how the war boys stop to admire and call witness to any act of insane bravery. That was so cool.

posted same thoughts in spoiler thread:

just got back from seeing this and.. it was OK

and i say that because the sets and props and costume designs, nux and immortal joe were incredible (i felt these two characters were the only ones who understood what was needed for this movie because they just had the mad max flare about them, its not easy to describe this.. but they were fucking spot on)

as for max and furiosa.. wasn't too interesting

i wanted to like this film a lot more because it started off on such an interesting premise but im sad to say that it isnt even all that memorable.. the more the story progressed the more diluted it became

the story had great potential to cause some adventure anxiety which would keep the audience at the edge of their seat and to have an active concern for the lives of our heros but instead it used its time to express more sentimental stuff which really didnt do much imo and actually felt cliched.. the characters could have been more developed to at least earn that

movie overall: 6.5/10

performance by hardy/theron: 5/10

actual story/execution: 4/10

premise: 10/10

sets/props/costumes: 10/10

performances by hugh keays-byrne and nicholas hoult: 10/10

my excitement during the movie peaked when
immortal joe visits his wive cage to find his wives missing, to which im thinking holy shit this guy has got to be pissed
but when the story gets rolling the excitement gradually diminishes because nothing interesting ever happens

Magwik

Banned
On the second viewing Hardys performance went from "I didn't notice anything/seemed fine to me" to "oh yeah that kind of bothers me"

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
One of the things I read was that Theron was really creeped out by Hardy's method acting. He kept in character on set. And I don't mean in some good way - she legit thought he was a weirdo and they really had differences over it.

Top Bottom