• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

How awesome is that?

2015-06-1600_58_30-ayrbsw2.png

So adorable. They are very seriously into it. UGH. So Shiny. So Chrome.

Timeaisis

I wonder if George knows wtf Metal Gear is. Still cool to know they've met and at least respect eachother. Cool shit.

George Miller to direct MGS movie make it happen

MikeDown

Banned
I was disappointed though that there wasn't any mud wrestling with the wives; movie had so many opportunities for it.

EDIT: Has anyone seen it in 3D? I kinda want too, but am not really a fan of the gimmick.

Cosmozone

Going a fifth time, with my dad this time, tomorrow. Gotta cheer me up after the depressing Nintendo Digital Event. Let's WITNESS this!

a bit lttp but just saw this today and absolutely loved it.

There's an incredible amount of attention to detail on everything including the props, for instance I didn't notice until the end of the film that the gas pedal for the war rig was actually a shoe size measure.

mens_large2.jpg

It's a pity the movie didn't make more at the box office. I wish they had announced the sequel by now

It made a combined total of $334 million at the domestic and intl box office. Not bad for such a movie. I am sure the biggest worry in distributor's minds was DREDD, an R-rated re-imagining of a cult IP that bombed a crater on the boxoffice. Fury Road did quite well, and there is still DVD/Blu Ray money to be had.
Fifth viewing tonight! Cant wait :D WITNESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Valhalla is close!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Miller did..didn't he? Over his twitter iirc
Eh, not really. He's got ideas and a willingness to do more, but it's all meaningless until someone pays to put it into development.

Just got back from my fifth Fury Road! Final one.. ;__; tonight is its last night at my local theatre. No more.

;___;

Twas glorious and shiny and chrome

*v8 salute*

It is awaited in Valhalla!!!

Did the milk mothers each nurse a doll? Where were their actual babies? ;__;

Also, saw the war-rig's side mirror replaced with a small cosmetic compact's mirror after it was broken in the sand storm... 😃

Aaaaah

Such movie. Ride eternal, Fury Road!!!!

huxley00

Saw it for the second time last night just to catch some of the nuances I missed and to just support such an interesting movie. The showing I went to was actually completely full, movie seemed to still be doing well.

Between this and money made off home release, I'm sure we'll get another. Then again, this movie took so long, I doubt a sequel will hold up...and I don't really know if Miller has another one in himself. If this is how the series has to go out, I'm more than happy with that.

Saw the movie last night, and boy, did I have a great time. Definitely one of the best action films of the year, if not one of the best films in general of the year. Everything was just so good: the practical effects, the world, the action. It hasn't been since Kingsmen that a movie has made me so giddy with joy. What a great film, and I hope they end up making a sequel.

Toothless

It's a pity the movie didn't make more at the box office. I wish they had announced the sequel by now

I doubt the sequel would've been announced by now even it did better than its already fantastic run. Note that Jurassic World's sequel hasn't been announced yet. I bet both Mad Max 5 and Jurassic Park 5 are being saved for Comic Con announcements.

What is the usual Blu-ray release timing for a movie like this? This will be the first one I buy since The Lord of the Rings extended editions.

What is the usual Blu-ray release timing for a movie like this? This will be the first one I buy since The Lord of the Rings extended editions.

depends on the studio. Usually, it's anywhere between 4-6 months for a movie that just came out in theaters, sometimes a little less if the movie did poorly and the studio wants to recoup as many costs as possible

Simo

It should be dropping in September, probably around the first 2 weeks. A German retailer had a "September" tentative release window and the game drops September 1st too.

Also picked up my Furiosa comic. Just kind of flipped through it, beautiful artwork, but haven't had chance to read it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL) really cemented himself as the next big thing in movie soundtracks with this movie IMO. It's hard to find many examples of a soundtrack being so in tune with the visuals on screen, honestly the only examples I can remember of the top of my head from the past two decades are John Williams' Harry Potter OST, the LotR OST, and Bear McCreary's work on Battlestar Galactica.

I can't imagine directors and producers not tumbling over themselves getting him on board for their movies.

Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL) really cemented himself as the next big thing in movie soundtracks with this movie IMO. It's hard to find many examples of a soundtrack being so I'm tune with the visuals on screen, honestly the only examples I can remember of the top of my head from the past two decades are John Williams' Harry Potter OST, the LotR OST, and Bear McCreary's work on Battlestar Galactica.

I can't imagine directors and producers not tumbling over themselves getting him on board for their movies.

Totally agree. I just watched 300: Rise of an Empire last night, and with all the flaws that movie has, the soundtrack wasn't it. So good.

WB seems to love him. Put him on more things!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I don't see any other film wowing me as much as Mad Max for the rest of the year so I'm 99% sure Mad Max will be my 2015 Move of the Year. I kind of wish I had seen Jurassic World before Mad Max as seeing it after really soured me on the low quality of JW and it's hammy plot, cheap CG and terrible acting.

I hope Charlize Theron gets an Oscar nomination. We all know the Academy Awards are a sham, but she at least deserves a nom and some recognition for playing this year's most iconic character Furiosa.

Simo

Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL) really cemented himself as the next big thing in movie soundtracks with this movie IMO. It's hard to find many examples of a soundtrack being so in tune with the visuals on screen, honestly the only examples I can remember of the top of my head from the past two decades are John Williams' Harry Potter OST, the LotR OST, and Bear McCreary's work on Battlestar Galactica.

Agreed! I really dug his 300: Rise of an Empire score too so I was optimistic when he came on board over Marco Beltrami.

Isn't his next project Batman for BvS?! Really can't wait to hear what he does for that.

Toa TAK

Banned
Agreed! I really dug his 300: Rise of an Empire score too so I was optimistic when he came on board over Marco Beltrami.

Isn't his next project Batman for BvS?! Really can't wait to hear what he does for that.

Oh God, he was going to do this film?!

Really glad that didn't happen.

Top Bottom