• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

He has bullets for teeth! How can you not laugh at how hilariously awesome that is? People who can't find the humor in a film like this scare me.

What? How did I not notice this.

Also, none of my friend who saw this film liked it very much. One said, "I need my films to be about more than cars and explosions," and refused to listen to me saying "but what about this." She'd already decided it was about nothing.

I need better friends.

Saw this on Facebook, not a One Piece fan but this looks great.

11406759_1603533513246542_435266266181253107_o.jpg

breadtruck

I know its a wait yet, but Im getting antsy for my bluray.

I think the first thing Im gonna do when I get it is check out the black and white version.

DoubleYou

Just saw the movie. Usually, action movies aren't really my thing but this was just great. Are the old ones any good compared to this?

Just saw the movie. Usually, action movies aren't really my thing but this was just great. Are the old ones any good compared to this?

The second one is the most similar, I think :D But no, I dont think you can get a Fury Road feeling from the older ones if Fury Road was your first Mad Max.

Jenenser

i can already say, this is my movie of the year.
not many movies made me feel like a giant manchild in the first 20 mins.

my favourite scene:
when the warboys started chasing and the wardrumcar came out. my eyes mustve been sparking like a little animegirl. first and only time i will use a sailormoongif in my life to describe myself, but it just fits.

sailor-moon-sparkly-eye-GIF.gif

i am advocating for everyone to see this film.

zma1013

So i read somewhere on another forum that Fury Road didn't get Imax screens because of Imax partnering with certain movie studios. Is this true? Has a movie ever got re-released on an Imax screen?

Simo

So i read somewhere on another forum that Fury Road didn't get Imax screens because of Imax partnering with certain movie studios. Is this true? Has a movie ever got re-released on an Imax screen?

Yes. IMAX and Disney have a deal in the US that they extended to 2017. So between Age of Ultron and Tomorrowland there no chance for IMAX showings. Fury Road was shown on IMAX screens outside the US though which fucking pissed me off. I would of taken a limited 1 week showing on IMAX.

About the funny parts, only at my third viewing did I notice that the
People Eater played with his nipple rings in the scene where they spot the war rig after they decide to go back

About the funny parts, only at my third viewing did I notice that the
People Eater played with his nipple rings in the scene where they spot the war rig after they decide to go back

I noticed that on my second :>

So many little details though, I keep picking more and more details off this movie. It's just chockful of goodies.
I love how the wives' caves had stacks of books, and a grand piano. They are clearly educated, that's why they knew what 'the tree thing' was, and Nux had no idea. He just called it that thing.

gah. my love for this movie is true *____*

Mayyhem

So I've seen this movie in theaters three times now. To my defense it was with three different groups of people.

I don't recall ever doing this though.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just saw the movie and instantly recognized immortus joe as toecutter from the original mad max based on the crazy eye.... This was an amazing movie.

mattp

i saw some people throwing around sept 1st as the blu-ray release date
is this confirmed anywhere, or are they just assuming it's gonna release alongside the mad max game?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
i saw some people throwing around sept 1st as the blu-ray release date
is this confirmed anywhere, or are they just assuming it's gonna release alongside the mad max game?
I think that's just a logical guess, given the timing and marketing opportunities. I don't believe any video release info is confirmed, however.

Saw it again. Smaller screen but the colors were correct and not dark/washed out like my first viewing. I liked some of the scenes more.. A few a little less.

I'm not sure of the definition of "faction".

War Boys seem to be units in the Citadel's army. I'm not sure if the entire faction is actually called "War Boys".

Did the Bullet Farmers/Gas Town people have War Boys?

Compare that to when they look at the Bullet Farmers speeding towards them. Zoe lists off "Pole Cats", etc., like they're units of an army/faction, not a faction themself.

However, it looks like the Buzzards and Rock Riders are their own little "independent" factions.

Simo

Just watched this movie.

Are there total of three factions in this movie?
War Boys
Rock Riders
The Buzzards

3 main factions tied together: The Citadel, Gas Town and Bullet Farm.

Citadel had the War Boys for it's army.
Gas Town had the Pole Cats and Flame Boys.

Then you had groups/factions not related to those like the Buzzards and Rock Riders. So 5 total.

Moff

I can kinda understand the MRAs problem with this movie, it is ultra feminist, and I absolutely loved every second of it. what a beautiful movie with an incredible drive. I honestly did not expect it to live up to the trailers.
I definitely need sequels, prequels, whatever. just give it to me george miller.

Laputa_94

Just finished the film. I'll be rather forward and say this is one of the best films I have watched. It was enjoyable from start to finish, simply awesome. Day 1 Blu-Ray purchase for sure.

Monocle

Well, I ended up seeing Fury Road four times before it was removed from my favorite theater, and I would honestly watch it again tonight. I'm infatuated with this brilliant film. It's currently my third favorite of all time, and let me tell you, there are a hell of a lot of great movies it had to supplant to reach that spot.

I can't wait for the blu-ray.

I can kinda understand the MRAs problem with this movie, it is ultra feminist, and I absolutely loved every second of it. what a beautiful movie with an incredible drive. I honestly did not expect it to live up to the trailers.
I definitely need sequels, prequels, whatever. just give it to me george miller.
True, but the whole controversy was actually sparked when some MRAs learned that a feminist was present on set. What they didn't know or care to find out at the time was that she was brought in specifically to coach the actresses playing Immortan Joe's wives. Just like the War Boys had military advisors to help them out. So it wasn't as though some radical feminist was hired to alter the script and oversee production or something.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!!

Seen it thrice now and i can't stop. I just can't stop. Gettin my lift on - many reps lots of swimming - I WILL have a warboy body by the time Halloween comes around.

SHINY AND CHROME

Also: This was asked like.. page 3 or something but if anyone could pretty please chrome out my avatar pic I will carry you into the halls of Valhalla myself!!

Monocle

I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!!

Seen it thrice now and i can't stop. I just can't stop. Gettin my lift on - many reps lots of swimming - I WILL have a warboy body by the time Halloween comes around.

SHINY AND CHROME

Also: This was asked like.. page 3 or something but if anyone could pretty please chrome out my avatar pic I will carry you into the halls of Valhalla myself!!
vFHssBz.jpg

Is this shiny enough? (My chromifying skills are iffy. Don't feel obligated to use it if you don't want to.)

Minion101

Banned
The website that complained about the movie I don't not believe counts as MRA. but it spread like wildfire anyway.

RangerX

Banned
After some consideration and a few more viewings I have come to the conclusion that this is the greatest action film I have ever seen. Everything from the action itself which is so kinetic and raw to the world building, attention to detail and the amazing performances there is nothing else currently out that is its equal. Imo.

GhaleonEB

After four theatrical viewings before it departed my town, I finally realized that the film is a master class in pretty much everything. There's no "the film would be great but for this one bad actor". Everyone bring their A game, no one is miscast. We're not complaining about shaky-cam, because the action is filmed with great clarity throughout. The script is tight but deceptively deep. There are no bad lines we cringe to. CG is used to enhance, not replace, robust practical effects and stunts. The film does not go on a minute too long; the editing is damn near perfect. The music is simply brilliant. The world building is at the peak of what can be accomplished in the visual arts.

There are certainly some small quibbles here and there; it's not a perfect film (Tom Hardy's accent is all over the place). But every discipline is firing on all cylinders throughout.

I cannot recall the last time I saw an action film, or any film, really, that was such a complete package. It's one of the best films I've ever seen.

After four theatrical viewings before it departed my town, I finally realized that the film is a master class in pretty much everything. There's no "the film would be great but for this one bad actor". Everyone bring their A game, no one is miscast. We're not complaining about shaky-cam, because the action is filmed with great clarity throughout. The script is tight but deceptively deep. There are no bad lines we cringe to. CG is used to enhance, not replace, robust practical effects and stunts. The film does not go on a minute too long; the editing is damn near perfect. The music is simply brilliant. The world building is at the peak of what can be accomplished in the visual arts.

There are certainly some small quibbles here and there; it's not a perfect film (Tom Hardy's accent is all over the place). But every discipline is firing on all cylinders throughout.

I cannot recall the last time I saw an action film, or any film, really, that was such a complete package. It's one of the best films I've ever seen.
+1

It's the same feeling I got after watching The Matrix for the first time. I was also maybe 17 or 18 when it came out so I might have been easily impressed. But the glee I got from watching Fury Road is something I have not felt since then. I agree on Hardy. He will need to focus his accent in the sequel. My only "aw, shucks" reaction was the lack of Mad Max in an Interceptor, but that's not even a complaint lol.

Savitar

This is the kind of film that really takes off once it gets out of the theater and more people experience it.

I'll be day one buying it on blu ray.

Top Bottom