• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

GAF we did it!!!!

pz0IpPL.png

WITNEESSSSSSSS

:D

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
God damn I just watched the movie, while it was way more cinematic than the previous films.. holy shit George Miller is a genius.

And at the end of the film
Max is the again the loner he has always been

That ending. Man. That goddamn ending. The music. The
nod.
The quote at the end.

Goddamn.

KodaRuss

My wife and I will be adding to that total whenever it comes out for
Blu Ray. My son was born almost the day it came out so we didn't get to see it.

A nice neat threshold to clear, though the global gross is of course the more important.

Worldwide: $366,341,855

Should be enough to turn a profit on the theatrical run alone.

boxoffice.com shows the total budget as 210. Don't know if what it made is enough, but it might be close.

It did pretty good in the US though, and at least the OS gross isn't from a country like China that eats up most of the profit (I think).

GhaleonEB

boxoffice.com shows the total budget as 210. Don't know if what it made is enough, but it might be close.

It did pretty good in the US though, and at least the OS gross isn't from a country like China that eats up most of the profit (I think).

I think the differential is probably the marketing budget; my understanding is mojo does not include it. So yeah, that gets it closer to break even or a small profit.

Zombine

Banned
I know I shouldn't do this, but at least once a week I go on Amazon to see if the Blu-Ray has a release date. I always end up mildly disappointed.

GhaleonEB

I don't buy many movies lately - the last one I picked up was Dredd on blu-ray. This will join the collection small blu-ray collection, which currently stands at movies and the Alien Anthology.

Simo

Awesome! Well deserved. All profit from here on.

Is the blu-ray coming out September 1st? Asking cause it comes with the special edition of the Mad Max video game in AU.

That's been the rumor. With the digital release on August 11th and some blu-ray releases 2 weeks after digital, it'll likely be either August 25th or September 1st.

Simo

WB UK just announced that the UK is getting the blu-ray October 5th. They're also getting the V8 edition:
6391.jpg

List of special features on the disc:
-Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road Featurette
-Mad Max: Fury on Four Wheels Featurette
-The Road Warriors: Max and Furiosa Featurette
-The Tools of the Wasteland Featurette
-The Five Wives: So Shiny, So Chrome Featurette
-Fury Road: Crash & Smash Featurette
-Deleted Scenes

R-User!

WB UK just announced that the UK is getting the blu-ray October 5th. They're also getting the V8 edition:
6391.jpg

-Deleted Scenes

There is no way of knowing if this will play on a U.S. PS3/4, is there?

I kinda feel like gambling....

Timeaisis

6391.jpg

-Deleted Scenes

Oh lord have mercy.

Sephzilla

6391.jpg

-Deleted Scenes

Please god come to the US

SJRB

Gold Member
I know it's an iconic car, but considering the movie it's kind of bizarre that the Interceptor is the main piece for that collectors edition.

Is this a joke I'm not getting? I could maybe get the B&W part cause it takes a few minutes setting your TV to B&W.
But the silent version? This must be a joke that went over my head..

There was a black and white, dialogue-less version of the film edited by Miller.

It makes sense because the film is hugely informed by elements from old silent films, most notably Buster Keaton's The General (which in many ways the film can been seen as a huge love letter to)

Top Bottom