• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

R-User!

EDIT: Yeah looks like the B&W thing got ditched. The audio mix on the blu is the Dolby Atmos mix too.

Bummer. I wanted that cut soooooo bad!

Looks like I'll have to wait and hope for a Special Directors Cut Edition. :/

Gonna consider the Collectors Edition despite the risk of it potentially not playing in NA.

Edit: well, scratch the collectors edition: it's unavailable already on Amazon UK.

Time to check alternatives.

The special features also make it sound it has one of those "Maximum Movie" modes where George Miller, Hardy and Theron present how the movie was made.
O6i4y7f.jpg

Gotta say, called it months back they'd release the blu and game on the same day. Fucking great idea as I know what I'll be doing all day, and week! lol

Dolby Atmos? Ugh. Those tracks always play hell with my player and receiver and there are weird audio delays that cause the audio to go out of sync with the picture.

But, if any film is going to make me want to get a new player that won't have issues with Atmos, this is it. Time to start shopping for a new blu ray player, even if my current Panasonic is still aces outside of Atmos.

R-User!

Dolby Atmos? Ugh. Those tracks always play hell with my player and receiver and there are weird audio delays that cause the audio to go out of sync with the picture.

But, if any film is going to make me want to get a new player that won't have issues with Atmos, this is it. Time to start shopping for a new blu ray player, even if my current Panasonic is still aces outside of Atmos.

Let us know what you get huh? I'll add more but I'm posting from phone

Let us know what you get huh? I'll add more but I'm posting from phone

The problem is that everything I have now works fine except for the few Atmos titles I own. Maybe I can pass off the expense to my wife by saying we need more HDMI inputs. The player is another story, since the current one is fine.

Perhaps excuse it as saying we can hook the old stuff up in the spare bedroom once we finally get a TV for up there.

Llyranor

Hmm, debating btw just the regular FR Blu vs the Anthology. I adore FR and its chase sequence/action, I'm just worried the old trilogy will be too outdated in those aspects. What should I do, GAF?

I guess I didn't watch the movie enough times, because I don't even remember seeing this guy :/

http://i.imgur.com/ME26Zlw.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/FBTm3w8.png[img][/QUOTE]

They are 2 different guys I think.

The guy from the 1st image is the Doof Wagon driver. [SPOILER]That shot is him trying to crash the War Rig as Max jumped from the Wagon on to the Rig.[/SPOILER]

Second image is the guy [SPOILER]Furiosa had to fight as she boarded the Gigahorse.[/SPOILER]

They are 2 different guys I think.

The guy from the 1st image is the Doof Wagon driver.
That shot is him trying to crash the the War Rig as Max jumped from the Wagon on to the Rig.

Second image is the guy
Furiosa had to fight as she boarded the Gigahorse.

Thanks! I had forgotten about them, and most War Boys are way younger so I was surprised when I saw the video above.

I'll be sure to get the Blu Ray when it comes out.

I wonder if the Mad Max Anthology is going to include the full-featured version of Fury Road.

I'd love to get the full series set, but I'd rather buy the movies individually if the Anthology doesn't have all of the special features from the standalone Fury Road release.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What happened to the old woman with all the tattoos that confronted Joe in the bride's room? I know they had her in the car after they left the Citadel, but we don't see her again, do we?

Savitar

What happened to the old woman with all the tattoos that confronted Joe in the bride's room? I know they had her in the car after they left the Citadel, but we don't see her again, do we?

I asked earlier in the thread and was told she was killed in a cut scene.

BTW has it been confirmed no sequel will be done?

ezekial45

Banned

There was apparently a deleted scene where she's killed by the Organic Mechanic. No idea what happened to him, though.

Been reading that Best Buy is getting a steelbook with Max staring at Joe's war party (it's one of the better posters imo). Definitely getting that one.

Been reading that Best Buy is getting a steelbook with Max staring at Joe's war party (it's one of the better posters imo). Definitely getting that one.

I don't go in for steelbooks typically, but if that's the version of the blu-ray with the best possible poster as the cover, then I guess I'm getting that steelbook.

GhaleonEB

so where do you guys have this movie ranked among greatest action movies of all time

is it on the same tier as Terminator 2 and Die Hard?

I really try not to engage in hyperbole but - yes, it's in that tier. I think it's absolutely on par with T2, and in some ways surpasses it.

#####

I've been watching some videos recently analyzing the film and found this one insightful. It's a study of one scene showing how Miller frames the action in the center of the screen, which helps action scenes that feature quick cutting to still be comprehensible since viewers don't have to refocus between shots.

http://oneperfectshotdb.com/feature/watch-mad-max-center-framed-2015-by-vashi-nedomansky/

Bulk_Rate

so where do you guys have this movie ranked among greatest action movies of all time

is it on the same tier as Terminator 2 and Die Hard?

Yes - and I saw both of the above in the theater during their original release and hype. MM fucking delivered the goods.

Nothing tops seeing Raiders in the theater the first time though with the audience cheering etc :)

So once it's out on BD, how long do you guys think it will take for the sequel announcement? I would assume/hope the home release would help make the movie profitable enough to warrant a sequel.

Loxley

Isn't Kojima a huuuuge Mad Max (and George Miller) fanatic? Judging from his Twitter he must've gone 8 times to the theater to watch Fury Road.

Yep, he's talked in the past about Road Warrior being one of his top five favorite/most influential films of all time.

Top Bottom