• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Corpsepyre

Banned
I would not want to watch a black and white version of this. The movie had excellent cinematography, and those night sequences took the cake. I love the movie the way it is.

Maybe the US release will have the B&W version. Can see them cutting it though due to not wanting to release another disc which will likely be needed.

MrBS

I finally got my copy of the Art of Mad Max Fury Road from amazon yesterday. I've had a brief flick through it and its really nice. Good paper, lots of production art, stills, and lots of text on the production. Sometimes these books can be a lazy collection of PR photography and not much else but that is not the case here. Recommended for the Fury Road fan.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
UK blu-ray won't work on US region players

I have several UK Blus that don't have region restrictions. I also have many, many US Blus that don't either.

It's such a bummer we won't be getting the B&W version. I was looking forward to it so much.

Anyways. Just noticed that the average rating for Fury Road went up. It was at 8.7, now it's at 8.8. This movie got so many reviews. It even got more than more popular movies like AOU.

I have several blu rays from the UK that work fine on my us player. As mentioned, many releases are region free. Though I did have one set where the movie was region free but the extras disc was coded for some reason.

I would not want to watch a black and white version of this. The movie had excellent cinematography, and those night sequences took the cake. I love the movie the way it is.

George Miller wants you to watch it though. "The best version of this movie is black and white", he says. According to him, the cinematography of the released film is an intermediary stage and the black & white version is the purer stage: http://www.slashfilm.com/fury-road-trivia/3/

More like the director's wish. He demanded it (see link above).

Simo

Guys, WB haven't revealed any technical specs or other special features for the blu-ray yet and those UK features are just 10 minute docs on the disc. WB haven't actually released any information for the US blu-ray either.

Considering Miller screened the B&W version a couple months ago along with word we're supposed to be getting an isolated score audio track.

There is a Mad Max Anthology boxset going to be available too that has all 4 films and a extra bonus disc with the "Madness of Max" documentary thats been in the works for a number of years now.

Simo

Figured it was worth mentioning but apparently the new rumor coming from Umberto or "El Mayimbe" is that WB is looking to George Miller to possibly helm Justice League for a November 2017 release:
http://twitter.com/elmayimbe

Again it's a rumor and Umberto doesn't exactly have a perfect track record or anything. As much as I'd like to see a Miller helmed DC movie, I want The Wasteland more.

i'd vastly prefer miller over snyder tbh but yeah i think snyder is scheduled for both justice league movies.

the speculation on that rumor is for shazam, the flash or green lantern corp

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wish Mad Max had a stronger OW but glad to see it had strong legs. I've only seen it once and the wait for the blu ray is excruciating. Does it have a solid release date yet?

Figured it was worth mentioning but apparently the new rumor coming from Umberto or "El Mayimbe" is that WB is looking to George Miller to possibly helm Justice League for a November 2017 release:
http://twitter.com/elmayimbe

Again it's a rumor and Umberto doesn't exactly have a perfect track record or anything. As much as I'd like to see a Miller helmed DC movie, I want The Wasteland more.

por que no los dos

someone mentioned in another thread that he could agree to a dc movie in exchange for doing The Wasteland, just like Nolan used the Batman movies to do Inception, The Prestige, etc.

Sorry, just have to pop in and leave this here, because it has been on my mind for being the most clever concealed joke in the movie

homepage_BulletFarmer.jpg

Sing, brother Heckler!

Sing, brother Koch!

SING!

Simo

On my phone but it's confirmed on the official Facebook page that September 1st is the official release date for the blu-ray in the US!

On my phone but it's confirmed on the official Facebook page that September 1st is the official release date for the blu-ray in the US!

Yup! Damn excited.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officialy announced the Blu-ray release of filmmaker George Miller's Mad: Max Fury Road, which stars Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Nathan Jones, Zoë Kravitz, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Abbey Lee and Courtney Eaton. The Road Warrior returns via 2D and 3D Blu-ray combo packs on September 1st.

Also being released, a 4-film Mad Max Blu-ray Anthology that includes Mad Max (1979), The Road Warrior (1981), Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) and Mad Max: Fury Road.

Fury Road Synopsis: Haunted by his turbulent past, Mad Max (Hardy) believes the best way to survive is to wander alone. Nevertheless, he becomes swept up with a group fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by an elite Imperator, Furiosa (Theron). They are escaping a Citadel tyrannized by the Immortan Joe (Keays-Byrne), from whom something irreplaceable has been taken. Enraged, the Warlord marshals all his gangs and pursues the rebels ruthlessly in the high-octane Road War that follows.

Miller directed Mad Max: Fury Road from a screenplay he wrote with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris. Miller also produced the film with longtime producing partner and Oscar nominee Doug Mitchell alongside executive producers P.J. Voeten, Iain Smith, Graham Burke and Bruce Berman.

Special features include:
Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road
Mad Max: Fury on Four Wheels
The Road Warriors: Max and Furiosa
The Tools of the Wasteland
The Five Wives: So Shiny, So Chrome
Fury Road: Crash & Smash
Deleted Scenes

A 4 film Blu-ray anthology? Damn, I just bought all the individual releases when Scream Factory dropped their version of Mad Max. I wonder if they'll put any new special features on The Road Warrior or Thunderdome. If so, I'm going to be a little sad I didn't wait......then I'll probably buy it.

Simo

A 4 film Blu-ray anthology? Damn, I just bought all the individual releases when Scream Factory dropped their version of Mad Max. I wonder if they'll put any new special features on The Road Warrior or Thunderdome. If so, I'm going to be a little sad I didn't wait......then I'll probably buy it.

No different special features on those discs but the set comes with a extra disc containing the "Madness of Max" documentary, which to my knowledge has been in production for quite a few years now.

EDIT: Yeah looks like the B&W thing got ditched. The audio mix on the blu is the Dolby Atmos mix too.

Simo

The special features also make it sound it has one of those "Maximum Movie" modes where George Miller, Hardy and Theron present how the movie was made.
O6i4y7f.jpg

Gotta say, called it months back they'd release the blu and game on the same day. Fucking great idea as I know what I'll be doing all day, and week! lol

Top Bottom