• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

farisr

The black & white version was the score-only version.

You're gonna have to wait for some fan somewhere to do it and up it to a torrent or vimeo.

I still think if a sequel gets announced, near its release a special edition bluray will come out that contains that cut. It's already done and has been screened for some people. The fan-cuts will most likely just turn the saturation down to 0, which is definitely not going to turn out as vibrant as the studio cut will be.

It's already done and has been screened for some people.

Has it? Or are you confusing it with Miller's discussing having seen it in black & white as it was being edited and loving that, which is why he started telling interviewers he wanted a version like that on the blu-ray?

I don't think there's a b&w version of Mad Max ready to go. (There probably won't be a sequel announced, either)

And some lazy fan-editors might just set saturation to 0 and call it a day, but this is a community that builds models to re-comp shots, and scans 35mm prints themselves for their projects now. Someone's going to go through and color-time the film for b&w in a more in-depth fashion than just desaturating everything.

farisr

Has it? Or are you confusing it with Miller's discussing having seen it in black & white as it was being edited and loving that, which is why he started telling interviewers he wanted a version like that on the blu-ray?

I don't think there's a b&w version of Mad Max ready to go. (There probably won't be a sequel announced, either)
http://www.madmaxuniverse.com/mad-m...ase-announced-but-no-black-and-white-version/

Has a tweet by someone who attended a WB screening of the B&W version.

Weird. Will McCrabb is apparently the only person who's said such a version actually exists.

He's got a couple imdb credits - not that I think he's lying but it seems a really weird thing that he's the only person in the world who's said this thing actually exists and has been screened for anyone.

D.Lo

Dammit I was looking forward to the black and white version. A lot.

I guess if they don't supply it on the blu ray I'll have to wait for the nerds to make one.

inm8num2

Apparently written by Miller in 1997 on a flight across the Pacific (not sure if this was posted already).

c9NxZbl.jpg

oni_saru

So i was going to preorder the BR but read a review saying that the release is just barebones and that WB will release a definite edition down the line (with the b&w version and more stuff).is that true?

Isn't that just a fan edit of the official trailer?

Although that does remind me how amazing that trailer was/is. Still smh at all the people who said the trailers didn't look good.

There must have been some sort of website issue this morning, because it showed that it was available for pickup at any of the stores in my area. I went and checked it out myself when they opened, saw their little Fury Road standee kiosk thing in the movies section and grabbed one of the handful of steelbooks they had sitting on the shelf.

I took it up to the counter to check out, they said they couldn't sell it to me until the 9/1. I told them about how their website said otherwise, but it had since changed since I looked this morning, even though they had the movie on the shelf.

So, the bad news is I can't pick it up until Tuesday, but the good news is that they're gonna hold it for me and this situation is probably the only way I'd actually be able to get the steelbook given my sleep and work schedule.

SJRB

Gold Member
It seems the Blu-Ray got delayed from September 1st to October 13th over here in The Netherlands. What the hell happened?

Simo

that rig crashing into the rock parting was practical? That was the one shot in the film I was sure was CGI, lol

Insane. I love this film more and more.

There's a part in the making of doc on the blu-ray where they go more in depth for that shot. George Miller actually thought the stunt driver crushed his head because he was looking at the Nux dummy and thought that was him. lol The look on Miller's face..

GhaleonEB

-griffy-

Banned
Even the stuff you probably thought was CG in that last crash shot, like the guitar bungeeing back and steering wheel flying right at the camera were actually practical elements photographed separately and composited into the shot.

Also, I was at Costco the other day and they had cards you could buy a code for the iTunes version of the movie with that were a couple bucks off the normal price of $19.99.

Not sure if this is from the blu-ray but here's 4 minutes of raw stunts and footage. No CGI.

holy shit.

what in the fuuuuuuck.

like we were all well aware of how practical the film was but actually seeing it in motion...good lord. has to be one of the most impressive stunt displays on screen of all time. it's a playground for the mad.

i'm amazed they pulled this all off without death or even injury when other films with much lesser setpieces lead to sometimes tragic consequences.

also seeing as there's so much props and vehicles here I hope they save it and loan it out to make a new california love style rap video hahha.

what in the fuuuuuuck.

like we were all well aware of how practical the film was but actually seeing it in motion...good lord. has to be one of the most impressive stunt displays on screen of all time. it's a playground for the mad.

i'm amazed they pulled this all off without death or even injury when other films with much lesser setpieces lead to sometimes tragic consequences.

also seeing as there's so much props and vehicles here I hope they save it and loan it out to make a new california love style rap video hahha.

thought the same thing

i hope there's more of this on the blu-ray

Loxley

There has never been a better argument for the Academy to give out Oscars for Best Stunt Coordination and/or Best Stunt Team. Holy shit.

Top Bottom