• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Watched this movie yesterday and had to rewatch it today. Wow this movie was perfect in every way. The soundtrack to this film is great and just mixes so damn well. My only regret is not having gone to the damn movie theater to watch it.
You missed out on an experience, Zetta.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Honestly, and I say this as a big fan of this film, I don't think gaf is ready to have a proper discussion about its imperfections. Maybe in a few years, but presently it seems that any criticism is met with either a refusal to take them seriously or outright derision.

Gaf as a whole probably not, but I'm up for it! As a blockbuster, it literally steamrolls every other piece of insipid trash that's been shoved down our throats since, dunno, Bourne Ultimatum?, but as a movie its certainly not perfect, and I fear the shortcomings will be even more evident on rewatches for me

having said that, my hands are all sweaty for this piece of junk
mad-max-fury-road-interceptor-edition-limited-spanien-bild-news.jpg

obin_gam

Just ordered two copies! Will arrive 5th of October

The Mad Max Anthology because of getting all four films + the Madness of Max documentary and the limited Steelbook because of the awesome steelbook art

Gaf as a whole probably not, but I'm up for it! As a blockbuster, it literally steamrolls every other piece of insipid trash that's been shoved down our throats since, dunno, Bourne Ultimatum?, but as a movie its certainly not perfect, and I fear the shortcomings will be even more evident on rewatches for me

having said that, my hands are all sweaty for this piece of junk
mad-max-fury-road-interceptor-edition-limited-spanien-bild-news.jpg

Where does one get this?

starsky

Watched this movie yesterday and had to rewatch it today. Wow this movie was perfect in every way. The soundtrack to this film is great and just mixes so damn well. My only regret is not having gone to the damn movie theater to watch it.

It's too bad you missed it. I've watched this masterpiece 5 times on the cinema and recently rewatched it at home. The movie is still awesome, but it's not as epic.
The red storm and Nux's witness me moments especially. VALHALLA!

GTI Guy

I want to buy a Blu-ray version of fury road which version should I get? I don't much care for the other mad max movies so that anthology set is out for me.

obin_gam

I want to buy a Blu-ray version of fury road which version should I get? I don't much care for the other mad max movies so that anthology set is out for me.

All of the versions seems to have the same extras, so why not get the gorgeous steelbook? :)

Smellycat

I watched this yesterday and WOW. You just don't get films like this one very often. It was an absolute thrill from beginning to end. George Miller is freaking amazing! I couldn't believe the action scenes and the amount of work that went into them. And don't get me started on the music and cinematography! That scene when Charlize Theron's character finds out the truth about the Green Land is probably one of the most iconic scenes I have ever seen. So powerful!

This film is so good.
The only thing that bothers me is the 'let them up' ending. None of it makes sense to me.

I just figured they had killed most of the people that could be legitmate usurpers to Immortan Joe. Furiosa was an Imperator, so maybe they would just accept her as the new one in command.

This film is so good.
The only thing that bothers me is the 'let them up' ending. None of it makes sense to me.

How the hell not. The warboys are a tribe. Immortan Joe was the warlord. Furiosa was an Imperator (lieutenant) of Joe's army. She was just as feared as Joe. Joe was killed in a coup by Furiosa. When she took over, they knew better not to mess with her.

Zetta

The scene when the rigs battering ram is lowered to put out the fire syncs so well with the music, Everytime I see it I get goosebumps. Also the ending just felt so right. I have to say this has been the best movie I've seen in a very long time. This soundtrack needs to win some awards.

dankir

Holy shit this is coming out next week? I didn't get a chance to see it in theaters, so now I'm super hype!

How come it's coming out on disc so soon? It came out after AoU and it's releasing what two weeks before it comes out on Blu-ray?

Simo

Holy shit this is coming out next week? I didn't get a chance to see it in theaters, so now I'm super hype!

How come it's coming out on disc so soon? It came out after AoU and it's releasing what two weeks before it comes out on Blu-ray?

Despite the A/V on the disc it's a pretty barebones release. Also WB likely wants to capitalize on the video game too which launches on the same day.

Despite the A/V on the disc it's a pretty barebones release. Also WB likely wants to capitalize on the video game too which launches on the same day.

It's around an hour of bonus features on the disc, and they are quite good. Not that barebones compared to some other releases. Obviously I would like more, but what is there is quite good.

I actually believe it should have a strong shot at the Oscars. At least it should get many nominations.

I legitimately think it can get 8 Oscar noms, with little to no trouble. Editing, Cinematography, Makeup, Production Design, Costume Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects. Score is more of a longshot, but still a very strong possibility.

The question is whether or not Warners will want to support it through awards season to push it for major categories (Actress, Director, Picture). And really the only major contender they have at this point is In the Heart of the Sea.

hawk2025

Even if score is a longshot, it shouldn't be!

It has one of the best original le motif I can think of in recent memory. Maybe the best since Up.

I just realized that I've spent over $200 on this movie between all the tickets I bought and the digital release last week.

No regrets,

hawk2025

I just realized that I've spent over $200 on this movie between all the tickets I bought and the digital release last week.

No regrets,

4 tickets
Mondo vinyl soundtrack
Upcoming Blu-Ray

And let's be real, it's the movie that convinced me to buy the videogame, even if they aren't related.

Yeah, getting close to $200 myself.

IronRinn

In case anyone was wondering, because the product details haven't been the best: Five discs (four Blu-rays and one DVD), Fury Road has everything the regular version has, with the exception of the 3D and digital copy (some sites didn't seem to list "Deleted Scenes" on this version, but they are there.) The cards look like they are just the images used for each film's theatrical poster.

I don't have any other physical copies besides Mad Max (Scream Factory's version) and this is missing some special features found on that one (interviews, trailers, Mel Gibson featurette, photo gallery).

This is all by just examining the contents of the package.

Top Bottom